Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan 22:14 - Nov 29 with 7433 viewsTheResurrection

Once again the plan was to contain Chelsea and had they not scored we'd have still been camped on our own 18 yard line never venturing past half way.

This is the way Clement wants to approach these almost impossible games and it's arguably our best chance in them.

However, even with the over emphasis on shape and lack of risk taking I felt we kept the ball better than we had done in other big matches. Even in the first half. When we do find the courage to pass it about a bit you can see we've still got it there, it's just clearly being suppressed. The last 20 was a breath of fresh air even though Chelsea were getting nervous themselves with their slim advantage.

The platform for me was this was an unchanged side, and maybe this was for the first time this season? Sanches was appalling and it's a worry if he's got a must start in his contract. Barring any tired limbs or knocks he should be our only change for Saturday with a fit and raring to go again Tammy coming in and Ayew dropping back into midfield.

I thought Mesa was excellent tonight, it's his simple passing that gets us more of the possession we really need to get more used to. I was very surprised and pissed off Clement took him off but maybe it was down to a lack of game time. I actually thought it was Bony coming off to save him for Saturday.

But Clement has to keep faith with Mesa, we can all see, well most of us can, that he really could be that missing link. His passing is crisp and perfectly weighted and I like the way he uses his body well to shield the ball and shape up for the pass. I hope to God he gets as long a run as he's fit or needs, he could be key.

Other special mentions to our 2 superb centre backs, Fer and Ollie McBurnie, there's a player in there and with him on in the last 20 I genuinely thought we had a chance, he's a born finisher, we know that, and yeah, I know this isn't the U-23's but give him a sight at goal and I think he'll take it.

We can go into Stoke feeling a little sorry Routs couldn't pick out Bony with that cross, we really could have nicked a draw. That would have been fortunate I know, but even the narrow loss should give us that something to build on.

------------------------- Fabianski --------------------------

Naughts ---- Van De Hoorn ---- Mawson ---- Olsson

-------------------------- Mesa ------------------------------

---------- Ki ------------------------------- Carroll ----------

-------------------------- Ayew -------------------------------

----------- Tammy ----------------- Bony ------------------

If there are to be more changes I would consider Fer for another start and Clucas in left midfield instead of Carroll. Big, big game Saturday.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:18 - Nov 29 with 3801 viewsjacabertawe

We have run out of straws to clutch.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:23 - Nov 29 with 3721 views34dfgdf54

Spot on with your side for me, but with Clucas instead of Carroll.

I’d put money on Mesa being dropped Saturday. He was good again tonight, but I just have a feeling.
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:24 - Nov 29 with 3706 viewspencoedjack

Can’t disagree with you tonight Chris anyone who thinks we should go all guns blaxing at the champions ( as is being said in other threads ) is deluded.

We can beat Stoke Saturday
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:26 - Nov 29 with 3675 viewsTheResurrection

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:18 - Nov 29 by jacabertawe

We have run out of straws to clutch.

The last 2 performances have given us another couple of straws to cling on to.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:27 - Nov 29 with 3651 viewsspiderboy

And in the morning when I gotta get out of bed to go to work at 7 am I,m gonna call my boss and tell him that the workforce should stay in bed and have from now untill the new year to recuperate from the stresses and strains of modern life and that he should double our wages for the unforeseeable future.
And theres very little or no doubt that he will be happy with this arrangement because hes 'box office 'for cover ups.
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 with 3618 viewsTheResurrection

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:24 - Nov 29 by pencoedjack

Can’t disagree with you tonight Chris anyone who thinks we should go all guns blaxing at the champions ( as is being said in other threads ) is deluded.

Tonight wasn't a fair competition but Saturday will be. We've got to be at it in every department and hopefully Tammy will work his bollocks off and work well with Bony.

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 with 3616 viewsSmellyplumz

Baby steps straight into the championship

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 with 3614 viewsSwansNZ

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:26 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

Oh yes, we've been bloody great. One of those was Bournemouth at home, and apart from one moment from Fer, never looked like scoring.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 with 3613 viewsOldjack

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:24 - Nov 29 by pencoedjack

and if we don't .It's gonna take a miracle to keep us up this time i'm afraid

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 with 3613 viewsmahoss

We can't keep taking the field with this mindset though,stop the opposition from scoring being the main aim.
If we do this against Stoke the same will happen again,we,ll end up conceding and that will be it.
He,s only got a couple more games to turn this around in reality.
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 with 3601 viewsPozuelosSideys

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:26 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

Personally, i see it as another 2 nails in the coffin tbh

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:30 - Nov 29 with 3570 viewsbarry_island

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:31 - Nov 29 with 3544 viewslonglostjack

Good post. Slowly very slowly things are starting to take shape. No drastic changes now please.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:31 - Nov 29 with 3543 viewsTheResurrection

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 by mahoss

We can't keep taking the field with this mindset though,stop the opposition from scoring being the main aim.
If we do this against Stoke the same will happen again,we,ll end up conceding and that will be it.

I don't think he will against Stoke

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:32 - Nov 29 with 3511 viewsSwansNZ

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 by mahoss

only aim

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:32 - Nov 29 with 3507 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

Oh yes, we've been bloody great. One of those was Bournemouth at home, and apart from one moment from Fer, never looked like scoring.

"never looked like scoring"
Bony, Ball, back of net.
Disallowed.
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:33 - Nov 29 with 3505 viewsLeonWasGod

We've had more platforms than Paddington. I hope you're right, but all the evidence so far suggests that we're unable to build on anything. We can keep things tight, and this works better for the bigger teams were the expectation is lower. But our laughable efforts in the final third against the smaller teams suggests that what we're seeing really is all we've got. Unless Wilf can turn back into on of the leagues best strikers we're in trouble. Still, you never know.
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:36 - Nov 29 with 3454 viewsSwansNZ

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:32 - Nov 29 by A_Fans_Dad

"never looked like scoring"
Bony, Ball, back of net.
Disallowed.

So does not count then. Regardless, even at home against (no offence) lesser teams, we go out to contain then, and don't offer any real threat going forward - been like this nearly just about every game

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:37 - Nov 29 with 3426 viewsDarran

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:29 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

Tonight wasn't a fair competition but Saturday will be. We've got to be at it in every department and hopefully Tammy will work his bollocks off and work well with Bony.

Do you think Bony will start on Saturday?
Three games in a week and all that crap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:38 - Nov 29 with 3393 viewsTheResurrection

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:33 - Nov 29 by LeonWasGod

We've had more platforms than Paddington. I hope you're right, but all the evidence so far suggests that we're unable to build on anything. We can keep things tight, and this works better for the bigger teams were the expectation is lower. But our laughable efforts in the final third against the smaller teams suggests that what we're seeing really is all we've got. Unless Wilf can turn back into on of the leagues best strikers we're in trouble. Still, you never know.

Well we really should wait and see. Bony needs game time, the player we need is in there but he will obviously need minutes.

I know games are passing us by but for me, Tammy and Bony up front and Mesa in the holding position and a run of games with these players in and a settled side and I think we can push on for January.

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:42 - Nov 29 with 3324 viewsswancity

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:38 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

Well we really should wait and see. Bony needs game time, the player we need is in there but he will obviously need minutes.

I know games are passing us by but for me, Tammy and Bony up front and Mesa in the holding position and a run of games with these players in and a settled side and I think we can push on for January.

I admire your optimism I really do but it's unfounded IMO. Dire stuff again.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:46 - Nov 29 with 3286 viewsdobjack2

Agree that is the way to go against Chelsea away. If we tried to play them off the park we get murdered.

Reality is that we are over 1/3rd of the season gone and 9 points.

Each remaining Third we need 15 points otherwise it gets like a run chase in cricket where a team is running out of overs.

The gap to Huddersfield is not insurmountable but we need to win games especially at home. The big problem is that after our poor Home form we are going to have to win games on the road.

Our recruitment in January is make or break (again).
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:48 - Nov 29 with 3261 viewsKilkennyjack

Very good post.

I agree - apart from the bit about Oli, he does not look ready yet.
He may never be ready.
Needs to go play every week at a lower level for now, i think.
Hard to learn at the top level with just minutes here and there.

Beware of the Risen People

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:49 - Nov 29 with 3244 viewslidojack

Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 22:31 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

I don't think he will against Stoke

What is this based on? We haven't gone out to win an away game all season.

I agree with you that we need to go out and try to impose ourselves. Problem is, every game plan we have had so far has been centered on stopping the opposition rather than playing our own game. Unfortunately there seems to be no sign of that changing.
Baby Steps - We're getting a platform from which to build and plan on 23:02 - Nov 29 with 3151 viewsRunning_Man

How to get points against big teams Res? Thank god we don´t have Gylfi or Lorente anymore so we can just be happy with loosing. That was your big plan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024