Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? 19:14 - Dec 23 with 12597 viewsLohengrin

Just out of curiosity are there many (or any) contributors on here attending a service tomorrow?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:16 - Dec 23 with 4465 viewswhoflungdung

They re probably at the Mosque

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:17 - Dec 23 with 4461 viewsdickythorpe

It's finding the time I think many struggle with Loh.
A dear old neighbour of mine never misses a midnight mass, and that included me, my missus and her having a good bash at her sloe gin from 4pm onwards!!!
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:21 - Dec 23 with 4449 viewsCooperman

My wife (of Catholic faith) will take the kids to a 6pm mass.

I’ll remain at home eating pâté and chutney.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:35 - Dec 23 with 4428 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ll be attending the Church of Cude.

Poll: Tory leader

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:36 - Dec 23 with 4427 viewslifelong

I shall be attending the broad church that is Planet Swans.
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:36 - Dec 23 with 4426 viewsFlashberryjack

I will, I'm a Christian.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:41 - Dec 23 with 4418 viewsDr_Winston

I'll be at home watching Die Hard and getting drunk.

No way to get closer to God.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 19:46 - Dec 23 with 4410 viewsswanforthemoney

Planning to go early evening. I'm a bit sporadic, mind.

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 21:07 - Dec 23 with 4345 viewsswanjackal

Although I have had to attend services through an old job, of which some of the sermons I found highly entertaining at the bizarre level, the last time I voluntarily entered a church I was in my teens.

I played football for a team linked to the church, but was banned from the lord's house by the rev as he caught me doing a spirited rendition of Arsenio Hall's pastor character's speech from "Coming To America" at the Miss Black Awareness pageant.

I can safely say I have burned out all my salvation through the years.

So it's a no from me.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 21:11]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 22:52 - Dec 23 with 4261 viewsBrynCartwright

I have been to many services in the past and enjoyed the pageantry and sing-a-longs. The smells of candle smoke and mothballs remains vivid.

However... haven't attended now for many years as I now know there is no God. After watching Brideshead Revisited I wanted to say I was agnostic because I wanted to be as cool as Jeremy Irons...but on reflection sitting on the fence isn't good enough. A scientific education and umpteen Chris Hitchens vids quickly annhialates any belief in sky pixies.

So no, I will not be going.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 22:53 - Dec 23 with 4258 viewstrampie

Seems to be lots of Catholics and Church of England types as a percentage of worshippers about in Wales these days.
The effects of Immigration perhaps ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 22:58 - Dec 23 with 4244 viewscontroversial_jack

I don't do organised religion.
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:01 - Dec 23 with 4232 viewsmysonsarejacks

Yep. Christian

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:03 - Dec 23 with 4223 viewsLohengrin

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 22:53 - Dec 23 by trampie

Seems to be lots of Catholics and Church of England types as a percentage of worshippers about in Wales these days.
The effects of Immigration perhaps ?

Church of England, Tramp? If you mean Anglican then the Church in Wales was never a minority grouping.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:09 - Dec 23 with 4206 viewsepaul

Religion is utter f*cking b*llocks and fake. Brain washing for the masses. Muppets

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:10 - Dec 23 with 4204 viewstrampie

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:03 - Dec 23 by Lohengrin

Church of England, Tramp? If you mean Anglican then the Church in Wales was never a minority grouping.

All the villages I know had scores of Chapels and often only one or even none churches.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:14 - Dec 23 with 4200 viewsLohengrin

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:10 - Dec 23 by trampie

All the villages I know had scores of Chapels and often only one or even none churches.

Granted, spread across scores of different denominations, Tramp. The Church in Wales was and is the single largest grouping.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:20 - Dec 23 with 4183 viewsGowerjack

No.

There are no Gods.
No heaven.
No hell.

When you die that's it there is no afterlife.

Just check the news to see the effects of belief in a bunch of folk tales made up by Middle Eastern goat herders thousands of years ago.

It's not good.
Not good at all.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:26 - Dec 23 with 4170 viewsBobby_Fischer

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:20 - Dec 23 by Gowerjack

No.

There are no Gods.
No heaven.
No hell.

Just check the news to see the effects of belief in a bunch of folk tales made up by Middle Eastern goat herders thousands of years ago.

It's not good.
Not good at all.

Amen.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:27 - Dec 23 with 4170 viewsLohengrin

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:20 - Dec 23 by Gowerjack

No.

There are no Gods.
No heaven.
No hell.

It's not good.
Not good at all.

"It's not good. Not good at all."

The committed ones, Gwyr, the ones who give freely of their time and of their selves. They are the worst of the lot.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:27 - Dec 23 with 4169 viewstrampie

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:14 - Dec 23 by Lohengrin

Granted, spread across scores of different denominations, Tramp. The Church in Wales was and is the single largest grouping.

Oh yes spread across loads of denominations, when a ship wrecked Welshman was stranded on an uninhabited tropical island for several years he built himself two chapels, his rescuers asked him why did he built two chapels and he answered, ' that one I go too and that one I don't go too'.
(There was aggression in his voice when he when he said 'that one I don't go too').

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:34 - Dec 23 with 4159 viewssherpajacob

Will probably go to normal Sunday morning service, as there is no mini rugby.

Won't be going to midnight mass.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:38 - Dec 23 with 4155 viewsLohengrin

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:27 - Dec 23 by trampie

Oh yes spread across loads of denominations, when a ship wrecked Welshman was stranded on an uninhabited tropical island for several years he built himself two chapels, his rescuers asked him why did he built two chapels and he answered, ' that one I go too and that one I don't go too'.
(There was aggression in his voice when he when he said 'that one I don't go too').

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:38 - Dec 23 with 4155 viewsGowerjack

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:27 - Dec 23 by Lohengrin

"It's not good. Not good at all."

The committed ones, Gwyr, the ones who give freely of their time and of their selves. They are the worst of the lot.

I think that people are generally charitable and helpful to those in need, the tragedy at Grenfell Tower being a recent example.

I commend the work done by organisations such as the Salvation Army and other charities.

But organised religion is a means to spread hatred and is used as a control device on the stupid by the clever.

What about those kiddie fiddling Papists then Loh?

Going to mass tomorrow?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 23:43]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:50 - Dec 23 with 4139 viewsLohengrin

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:38 - Dec 23 by Gowerjack

I think that people are generally charitable and helpful to those in need, the tragedy at Grenfell Tower being a recent example.

I commend the work done by organisations such as the Salvation Army and other charities.

But organised religion is a means to spread hatred and is used as a control device on the stupid by the clever.

What about those kiddie fiddling Papists then Loh?

Going to mass tomorrow?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 23:43]

"But organised religion is a means to spread hatred and is used as a control device on the stupid by the clever.

Oh! please! That reads like some hackneyed, juvenile cliche culled from the inside page of The Morning Star. It must have pained you to type it. I'm picking my 87-year-old Auntie up tomorrow so she can sing a few hymns and listen to a Minister evoke the Golden Rule before coming up to ours for tea.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024