Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A positive today - Connor Roberts 17:20 - Jan 6 with 7239 viewstreboethjack

Maybe someone at the game can give us a better idea but from the radio it sounded like he had a solid game against top Championship opposition, It's nice to have a local lad back in and around the first team. Hope he is given more of a chance going forward as he cant be any worse than Naughton this season.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 21:40 - Jan 6 with 4715 viewsPentyrchJack

From what I saw today at Molineux he did really well in defence and attach. He crossed well and did a lovely cut back to Bony who should have smashed it into the net but he totally missed it!

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 21:47 - Jan 6 with 4670 viewsNOTRAC

He went to Yeovil with Liam Shephard who apparently had an outstanding game today for Peterborough who beat Aston Villa away 3-1.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:09 - Jan 6 with 4575 views34dfgdf54

I know we shouldn’t judge players by what they did at other clubs but he couldn’t even get into Boro’s squad could he not?

Would love it if he came good though, right back is a must in January.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:11 - Jan 6 with 4559 viewsGaz_M

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:09 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

I know we shouldn’t judge players by what they did at other clubs but he couldn’t even get into Boro’s squad could he not?

So, we shouldn't judge him.....but you're going to anyway?

Jesus
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:17 - Jan 6 with 4513 viewsspiderboy

It is January!
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:20 - Jan 6 with 4491 viewsCooperman

He may not be the finished article. In fact he may never cut it at this level.

However he’ll benefit greatly for his 90 mins today, far more so than if he’d played for the U23’s or was still warming the Boro reserves bench.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:26 - Jan 6 with 4447 viewsYossarian

Good news- perhaps we’ve got another Manager who isn’t afraid to give youth a go. Chuck him in....I remember saying ‘Ben who?’ when Laudrup took the first team off to the USA pre-season tour and Taylor was playing for Team GB and we all know how that turned out.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:28 - Jan 6 with 4433 views34dfgdf54

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:11 - Jan 6 by Gaz_M

So, we shouldn't judge him.....but you're going to anyway?

Jesus

I’ve never seen him play but I have reservations if he couldn’t get into the squad of a side the league below. Was hoping for someone with a bit more knowledge of him to tell me what he’s like. Do you? If not, jog along.

As for the post below yours, I know, but if this lad has it, then we can put our resources elsewhere. We can’t go on with just Naughton and Rangel. If Roberts isn’t going to be involved, we need someone sharpish.
Login to get fewer ads

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:40 - Jan 6 with 4361 viewsUplandsJack

To be fair to the lad, I'm sure I read somewhere that Boro brought an experienced Full Back in just before the Summer window closed so perhaps he just didn't get the chance.
I mean, they are hardly going to play a young lad brought in on loan, over an experienced pro who they probably spent reasonable £££ on a permanent basis. Unless of course, he'd turned out to be utter shite, but then we're not talking about Hubert as there dof are we, so unlikely.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:42 - Jan 6 with 4349 views34dfgdf54

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 22:40 - Jan 6 by UplandsJack

To be fair to the lad, I'm sure I read somewhere that Boro brought an experienced Full Back in just before the Summer window closed so perhaps he just didn't get the chance.
I mean, they are hardly going to play a young lad brought in on loan, over an experienced pro who they probably spent reasonable £££ on a permanent basis. Unless of course, he'd turned out to be utter shite, but then we're not talking about Hubert as there dof are we, so unlikely.

I’ve been trying to think who their right back is, I know Yeovil fans loved him when he was there. He’s 22 now, so it’s now or never really for him with us.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 07:56 - Jan 7 with 3976 viewsjasper_T

Boro had Fabio and Christie on the books, and then bought Ryan Shotton. Christie made a good start to the season, and Monk isn't a chop and change manager.

Since Garry's defensive football was too adventurous for the Boro board it's not surprising that a young, inexperienced attacking full-back didn't get many chances up there.

I've only seen the highlights but Wolves looked to get a lot of joy in the channel between vdH and Roberts while we were playing 3 cbs. Whether that's down to players or the system idk.

Perfect pass for Bony, should have buried it.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 08:04 - Jan 7 with 3965 viewsjackeinstein

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 07:56 - Jan 7 by jasper_T

Boro had Fabio and Christie on the books, and then bought Ryan Shotton. Christie made a good start to the season, and Monk isn't a chop and change manager.

Since Garry's defensive football was too adventurous for the Boro board it's not surprising that a young, inexperienced attacking full-back didn't get many chances up there.

I've only seen the highlights but Wolves looked to get a lot of joy in the channel between vdH and Roberts while we were playing 3 cbs. Whether that's down to players or the system idk.

Hope Connor is given a run for the rest of the season, if we buy another full back his season is effectively over as he can now no longer go on loan.
Connor is an asset along with many of the u23 squad however the club choose not to increase their values by exclusion Dan James as a prime example, let’s hope this is the start of the development of young players.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 08:31 - Jan 7 with 3899 viewsjack247

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 08:04 - Jan 7 by jackeinstein

Hope Connor is given a run for the rest of the season, if we buy another full back his season is effectively over as he can now no longer go on loan.
Connor is an asset along with many of the u23 squad however the club choose not to increase their values by exclusion Dan James as a prime example, let’s hope this is the start of the development of young players.

Hope it doesn’t happen, but if we do get cut adrift, I’d start bringing a couple of them in and out of the team. Would be a huge benefit to them. I wouldn’t risk it while we still have a fighting chance.

Didn’t see the game yesterday, only brief highlights, but great cut back for Bony.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 08:43 - Jan 7 with 3859 viewsjasper_T

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 08:31 - Jan 7 by jack247

Hope it doesn’t happen, but if we do get cut adrift, I’d start bringing a couple of them in and out of the team. Would be a huge benefit to them. I wouldn’t risk it while we still have a fighting chance.

Didn’t see the game yesterday, only brief highlights, but great cut back for Bony.

We should be trying to find ways to improve while we still have a "fighting chance". Is using the same senior players that have put us in this position (for the third season in a row) really a more likely way to do that?

If we're not going to spend big then gambling on the youth we have available is a better bet in my ind. Maybe it doesn't pay off and we end up getting spanked 3-0 instead of 1-0 in most games, but the current first team is just covering up waiting to get knocked out atm.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 08:48 - Jan 7 with 3847 viewsjack247

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 08:43 - Jan 7 by jasper_T

We should be trying to find ways to improve while we still have a "fighting chance". Is using the same senior players that have put us in this position (for the third season in a row) really a more likely way to do that?

If we're not going to spend big then gambling on the youth we have available is a better bet in my ind. Maybe it doesn't pay off and we end up getting spanked 3-0 instead of 1-0 in most games, but the current first team is just covering up waiting to get knocked out atm.

If they had gone away, got a run of games at a decent level and held their own, I’d agree with you. As far as I can see, not one of them has managed that.

I do agree we will probably go down if we don’t freshen up the squad, this window will tell us if the owners have given up yet.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 09:03 - Jan 7 with 3816 viewsjasper_T

Boro and Shrewsbury have stronger teams than us this season, no shame in not breaking into those squads tbh.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 09:08 - Jan 7 with 3790 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I get what people are saying about James and Roberts not breaking into lower league squads, however sometimes its horses for courses. I'm glad Roberts didn't play under negative football expert Gary Monk. Some players just don't suit certain teams, i.e Harry Kane in Norwich, not saying these players are potentially Harry Kanes, but the sentiment of them not impressing at lower league teams, it then having the potential to sell make it remains. Another example is Jessie Lingard, hopefully these players can replicate that development.

For me personally i'd like us to break the cycle of signing barely good enough players, potentially yiadom, and giving a few of our youngsters a go
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 9:09]
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 09:18 - Jan 7 with 3730 viewsMattG

Saw him a couple of times for the U23s last season and was quite impressed then but, considering he had only been back with us for a short time I thought Roberts did well, particularly going forward.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 09:29 - Jan 7 with 3698 viewsKilkennyjack

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 07:56 - Jan 7 by jasper_T

And the same happened the year before at Bristol Rovers.
Our loan placements are either rank unlucky - or plain rubbish.

Players on ‘season long’ loans are sent back to the Liberty by Christmas - this year all of Connor, davies, and james.

Give him a run of games and lets see what our local boy can do.
Great if we do have a brave manager who will play younger players.
Rodon next up ?

Beware of the Risen People

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 09:31 - Jan 7 with 3690 views34dfgdf54

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 09:29 - Jan 7 by Kilkennyjack

And the same happened the year before at Bristol Rovers.
Our loan placements are either rank unlucky - or plain rubbish.

Players on ‘season long’ loans are sent back to the Liberty by Christmas - this year all of Connor, davies, and james.

Give him a run of games and lets see what our local boy can do.
Great if we do have a brave manager who will play younger players.
Rodon next up ?

Wouldn’t mind seing Byers have a run out either.

Not seen it mentioned but the other right back Tyler Reid joined county on loan yesterday.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 9:33]
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 11:52 - Jan 7 with 3407 viewsjasper_T

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 09:31 - Jan 7 by 34dfgdf54

Wouldn’t mind seing Byers have a run out either.

Not seen it mentioned but the other right back Tyler Reid joined county on loan yesterday.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 9:33]

On the bench for them today looks like.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 12:28 - Jan 7 with 3339 viewsJonTheJack

He did absolutely fine and it was probably the best we could hope for. He was coming into a team which we know is critically low on confidence and the one word I would use to describe his performance was fearless.

He was confident receiving and giving passes in tight areas and was very forward thinking in his play. He will definitely need to improve physically, but that will only come through playing.
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 12:42 - Jan 7 with 3295 viewsLoyal

Roberts was astonishingly good yesterday, his positioning at times was suspect but his pace and ability going forward is as good as anything we have. I'm reading in to Carvahals comments he was one of those players he wanted to see.
Huws first question to him will now be.
Convince me I don't need to bring in another defender.

Fer and Ki I think are on their way out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 13:51 - Jan 7 with 3180 viewsdobjack2

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 12:42 - Jan 7 by Loyal

Roberts was astonishingly good yesterday, his positioning at times was suspect but his pace and ability going forward is as good as anything we have. I'm reading in to Carvahals comments he was one of those players he wanted to see.
Huws first question to him will now be.
Convince me I don't need to bring in another defender.

Fer and Ki I think are on their way out.

Who would want to buy Fer (apart from a club with a recruitment team as dull as ours if there is one)?
A positive today - Connor Roberts on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 3139 viewsLoyal

A positive today - Connor Roberts on 13:51 - Jan 7 by dobjack2

Who would want to buy Fer (apart from a club with a recruitment team as dull as ours if there is one)?

You have already answered the question.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024