Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread 00:54 - Jan 10 with 38144 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 14:03]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 13 with 2954 viewsswan65split

lets face itwe are a poor side atm with a chance if we get in 3 players of staying up....chance looks like long odds (not a betting man remember)

but its a poor side improving....we have been shafted big time but ffs lets try and save it. you dont know what you got till its gone.
The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:47 - Jan 13 with 2765 viewsLoyal

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 13 by swan65split

lets face itwe are a poor side atm with a chance if we get in 3 players of staying up....chance looks like long odds (not a betting man remember)

but its a poor side improving....we have been shafted big time but ffs lets try and save it. you dont know what you got till its gone.

Not going to happen.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:04 - Jan 13 with 2668 viewsShonky

We have to beat either Arse or Lerpwll. Its getting to that point.

Carlos speaks

"I'm very happy, two away games and we get four points - it's not excellent but it is good and against Tottenham we had no points but we played well and deserve more.
"This game we prepared really well to play with the ball, I think we had 57% possession but we also tried to move the ball into the spaces to create damage to the defensive organisation of Newcastle.
"We corrected at the break and in the second half we controlled the game. I am very happy with the players' commitment, they were very good in these games and we are doing the things we are training on.
"When we arrived no-one outside Swansea believed we can stay in the Premier League but I believe when we achieve a draw here playing good football against a good team and especially the second half against Tottenham. People will look and see that these guys are reacting. It's our challenge, we are achieving points in a difficult situation, but we are reacting."
On whether Swansea would sign anyone in the transfer window, Carvalhal added: "I believe we will achieve new players soon, hopefully in the next few days and hopefully two or three good players. I am pleased with my players but we have some gaps. My players deserve that we bring in some class players to achieve another level."

Why isn't he firing the fks into the ref?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 18:09]

Its just a ride...

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 13 with 2559 viewsKingBony

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 13 by ItchySphincter

Not funny anymore Al.

Are you genuinely trying to tell me that our midfield had any redeeming qualities today or that Ki stood out in any particularly positive way?

Come on Oracle, I'm waiting, although I'm guess I'll be here a while......

Drop the bullshit Al and admit he's poor in a very poor side.

Yeah come on Al ffs

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:58 - Jan 13 with 2383 viewsswanseacityx

Considering this was our most winable game for the next few weeks, the team selection was absolutely baffling.

If we had started with a stronger team we may well have won the game.

An 80% fit Bony is more likely to score than a 100% McBurnie. Not attacking McBurnie I do like him but this is fact.

Why was Fernandez excluded for 2 carthorses aka Bartley & Van Der Hoorn?

I know Van Der Hoorn has his fans on here and he is a great tackler and header of the ball but his positioning & decision making is terrible and he chases the ball and gives away too many freekicks.

Bartley is of the same ilk as Van Der Hoorn.

Hope all the Ayew haters learnt something today though as he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Brave on the ball and a real goal threat.
The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:14 - Jan 13 with 2317 viewsLoyal

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:58 - Jan 13 by swanseacityx

Considering this was our most winable game for the next few weeks, the team selection was absolutely baffling.

An 80% fit Bony is more likely to score than a 100% McBurnie. Not attacking McBurnie I do like him but this is fact.

I know Van Der Hoorn has his fans on here and he is a great tackler and header of the ball but his positioning & decision making is terrible and he chases the ball and gives away too many freekicks.

Hope all the Ayew haters learnt something today though as he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Brave on the ball and a real goal threat.

For me you actually make sense at last.
Ayew especially, I think you just have to stop being negative about people who act, think, speak differently to you.

VDH ? Doubt we woukd have scored if he wasn't playing.
Fernandez ? Exclusion is worrying.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:15 - Jan 13 with 2313 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:58 - Jan 13 by swanseacityx

VdH was played out of position, did you notice?

Him and Bartley were perfectly adequate for the task in hand today and both passed their tests as far as I'm concerned. Mistakes happen but neither neglected their responsibilities.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:58 - Jan 13 with 2206 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:04 - Jan 13 by Shonky

We have to beat either Arse or Lerpwll. Its getting to that point.

Carlos speaks

"I'm very happy, two away games and we get four points - it's not excellent but it is good and against Tottenham we had no points but we played well and deserve more.
"This game we prepared really well to play with the ball, I think we had 57% possession but we also tried to move the ball into the spaces to create damage to the defensive organisation of Newcastle.
"We corrected at the break and in the second half we controlled the game. I am very happy with the players' commitment, they were very good in these games and we are doing the things we are training on.
"When we arrived no-one outside Swansea believed we can stay in the Premier League but I believe when we achieve a draw here playing good football against a good team and especially the second half against Tottenham. People will look and see that these guys are reacting. It's our challenge, we are achieving points in a difficult situation, but we are reacting."
On whether Swansea would sign anyone in the transfer window, Carvalhal added: "I believe we will achieve new players soon, hopefully in the next few days and hopefully two or three good players. I am pleased with my players but we have some gaps. My players deserve that we bring in some class players to achieve another level."

Why isn't he firing the fks into the ref?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 18:09]

Having a go at refs is futile, nothing changes or ever will for small clubs. Only the big bollocks like Mourinho get any traction by having a go at officials because they get high level media attention.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 20:02]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:12 - Jan 13 with 2151 viewsLoyal

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:58 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Having a go at refs is futile, nothing changes or ever will for small clubs. Only the big bollocks like Mourinho get any traction by having a go at officials because they get high level media attention.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 20:02]

And when your Carlos and on fck all contract its wise to say nothing.
He will have to pay the fine in instalments.
I'm not sure we have ever had such a yes man.

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:13 - Jan 13 with 2149 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think you are wrong, he had a really big go at the Ref.
But he did it slyly, he did not criticise his game.
He just outright said he made a mistake and it was a Penalty & a Red card, which his assistant saw in 10 seconds on the replay in the dugout, not just once but twice.
So he didn't slag off the ref directly and get cautioned, he slagged off the FA for not having VAR.
Which was very well done
The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:20 - Jan 13 with 2123 viewsperchrockjack

Barkley has something Fernandez doesn't have . bottle. It's why CC has made him captain as he sees there is something about the man . Fernandez is flaky physically and mentally but loved by some on here

It was a brave decision by CC .

It wasn't smart to start without Bony and to start with the excreable Carroll but on the whole I like CC .

Just a shame he wasn't in situ months previously

He wasn't down the the cock that is Jenkins

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:03 - Jan 13 with 2040 viewsdameedna

Good result. Decent midfield. If we had brought on Bony and Narsingh a little earlier we may have scored. Bony not fit yet.

Need to sign a striker.

With that result we are in with a chance. For me Ki and Clucas did well again. I may be tempted to get Mesa out there next game though Carrol is a good grafter.

Another red card and penalty missed. Have long time been an admirer of Moh Diame since he outplayed Kemy at Wigan but that was a professional foul. Bad dice.

If only Bony had slipped a pass to Ayew instead of shooting.

per usual e

Every team is stronger than us first half and our tactics of boring them to a standstill take half a game to take effect and we remain bottom. Tough battle ahead but better than Bradley era.

We may have been unlucky at home to Spurs however that first half Spurs ran the match which was poor. It is a game of two halves as we say.

I thought Fred was injured.
The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:27 - Jan 13 with 1828 viewsbuilthjack

Just home and we are next on the telly. Good timing.
was it handball by them first half? Looked like it. Will see now.
knackered!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:45 - Jan 13 with 1803 viewsbuilthjack

Definate penalty and red card

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:49 - Jan 13 with 1785 viewsTNT

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:44 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

Our players been taking lessons in the Ayew school of diving to ground.

Chico got pelters on here for that.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 01:54 - Jan 14 with 1689 viewsJack59

I'm indifferent about Ayew, but he should have buried the first header, he was dead lucky to get a second chance.
The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 12:35 - Jan 14 with 1412 viewswestside

Maybe Bartley and VDH give us more of a physical presence
The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:24 - Jan 14 with 1373 viewsSTID2017

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 01:54 - Jan 14 by Jack59

I'm indifferent about Ayew, but he should have buried the first header, he was dead lucky to get a second chance.

So a team that scored 14 league goals, and you choose to critisise the player with the most goals and assists ?
Shades of The Res and Gylfi / Llorente there ...
At least he had the presence to follow up his first header.
If other players had done that a lot more this season, we may not be in such a bad mess

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:53 - Jan 15 with 1193 viewsJack59

The Official Newcastle United Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:24 - Jan 14 by STID2017

So a team that scored 14 league goals, and you choose to critisise the player with the most goals and assists ?
Shades of The Res and Gylfi / Llorente there ...
At least he had the presence to follow up his first header.
If other players had done that a lot more this season, we may not be in such a bad mess

I'm was replying to a post being directed at 'Ayew haters' not that I am one of them.
But to imagine that he answered his critics with that goal on Saturday is ridiculous.

BTW according to the MOTD pundits he was appalling a few weeks ago at Liverpool where he gifted them 3 goals himself.
I'm not sure I agree with their assessment, I would have said maybe 2 goals were his fault.
In fairness, he does his best but he's the standard of an average Championship player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024