Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Philyerboots 19:22 - Jan 11 with 73405 viewsswanseacityx

Sumbler is leading a crazy war against the club hierachy but remember it was not that long ago he was drinking champagne and eating hobnobs with the Swansea City elite receiving free executive tickets thanks to his position with the Trust.

Wonder why he is so bitter now all of this has gone?

Dont be a sheep and follow the hypocrite.

Support the club.

STID

#philyerboots

#freeloader
#Philyerboots on 12:12 - Jan 17 with 2222 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 12:08 - Jan 17 by Shaky

If ML/Toots had brought in the next Michu for peanuts I couldn't give a shit.

They didn't though. That's the point.

That was a complete one off. Unique and probably hardly ever to repeat again.

We all got super lucky with Michu. It's not as if they could guarantee this happening all the time.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

#Philyerboots on 12:24 - Jan 17 with 2179 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 12:12 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

They didn't though. That's the point.

That was a complete one off. Unique and probably hardly ever to repeat again.

We all got super lucky with Michu. It's not as if they could guarantee this happening all the time.

Certainly no guarantees.

But would I back the ML/Toots recruitment team over Swansea's scouting department including Jenkins? Any day.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 12:32]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

#Philyerboots on 12:34 - Jan 17 with 2163 viewsswan65split

FIN
#Philyerboots on 12:42 - Jan 17 with 2151 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 12:24 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Certainly no guarantees.

But would I back the ML/Toots recruitment team over Swansea's scouting department including Jenkins? Any day.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 12:32]

Who did they bring in during their second summer window?

For their Michu the Club could raise you a Bony.

What other major successes did they get? De Guzman you could argue but then you'd be struggling.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

#Philyerboots on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 2122 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 12:42 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

Who did they bring in during their second summer window?

For their Michu the Club could raise you a Bony.

What other major successes did they get? De Guzman you could argue but then you'd be struggling.

You seem to have forgotten Bony was on Laudrup's acquisitions list.

Others included Shelvey, Amat, and the Poz and Canaz who I thought were worth persevering with.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 12:53 - Jan 17 with 2117 viewsShaky

. . .On Bony see: https://www.swanseacity.com/news/laudrups-main-man
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 12:53]

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 13:02 - Jan 17 with 2118 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 12:51 - Jan 17 by Shaky

You seem to have forgotten Bony was on Laudrup's acquisitions list.

Others included Shelvey, Amat, and the Poz and Canaz who I thought were worth persevering with.

Bony was nothing to do with Laudrup or his agent.

He was a 'Jenkins' buy.

#Philyerboots on 13:06 - Jan 17 with 2112 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 13:02 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

He was a 'Jenkins' buy.

In fact Laudrup had a bit of a hissy fit over it and refused to play him.

Login to get fewer ads

#Philyerboots on 13:27 - Jan 17 with 2080 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 13:02 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

He was a 'Jenkins' buy.

Jenkins may have negotiated the deal but it was on Laudrup's instructions. This was at a time when their relationship was flourishing.

What is true though was that Bony was not Laudrup's first choice; that was Aubumeyang.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 13:35 - Jan 17 with 2076 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 13:27 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Jenkins may have negotiated the deal but it was on Laudrup's instructions. This was at a time when their relationship was flourishing.

What is true though was that Bony was not Laudrup's first choice; that was Aubumeyang.

He was a Leadbitter finding, nothing to do with Laudrup or his agent. Same as Shelvey wasn't.

#Philyerboots on 13:35 - Jan 17 with 2067 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 13:27 - Jan 17 by Shaky

BTW reports in the Danish press suggeseted that Jenkins refused a deal on Aubumeyang because Toots was involved.

For sure it would be incorrect to describe Bony's first stint as a failure, but it is not unreasonable to suppose Aubumeyang would have been an even greater success. . .

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 13:39 - Jan 17 with 2056 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 13:35 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

He was a Leadbitter finding, nothing to do with Laudrup or his agent. Same as Shelvey wasn't.

Who told you that?

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 16:14 - Jan 17 with 1977 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 13:39 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Who told you that?

It's well known.

And Aubamayeng was never going to come here. He'd already had Champions league offers.

#Philyerboots on 16:28 - Jan 17 with 1930 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 16:14 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

It's well known.

And Aubamayeng was never going to come here. He'd already had Champions league offers.

". . .Laudrup is reported to have already met representatives of £12m-rated Saint-Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in London this week, with Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Newcastle also thought to be keen on the Gabon international.

While the Swans’ rivals are likely to be prepared to offer the 23-year-old a superior contract, the pull of working with Laudrup and playing European football could be an important factor.

Aubameyang is second only to Paris Saint-Germain star Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the French scoring charts this season.

Asked about his future in a recent interview, he said: “My target is to play in a European competition next year.

“I don’t know if it will be the Champions or Europa League, but for sure, at this point in my career, I need to play in Europe.""

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-laudrup-swanse

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 16:30 - Jan 17 with 1924 viewsswancity

#Philyerboots on 13:35 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

Doubtful. Unlikely.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

#Philyerboots on 17:20 - Jan 17 with 1867 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 16:28 - Jan 17 by Shaky

". . .Laudrup is reported to have already met representatives of £12m-rated Saint-Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in London this week, with Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Newcastle also thought to be keen on the Gabon international.

While the Swans’ rivals are likely to be prepared to offer the 23-year-old a superior contract, the pull of working with Laudrup and playing European football could be an important factor.

Aubameyang is second only to Paris Saint-Germain star Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the French scoring charts this season.

Asked about his future in a recent interview, he said: “My target is to play in a European competition next year.

“I don’t know if it will be the Champions or Europa League, but for sure, at this point in my career, I need to play in Europe.""

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-laudrup-swanse

Exactly and whilst those clubs might have been mentioned at that very point in time, he was also being courted by teams in the Champions league, Dortmund being one of them. He was never going to come.

#Philyerboots on 17:23 - Jan 17 with 1865 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 16:30 - Jan 17 by swancity

Doubtful. Unlikely.

It's true and he wouldn't have been hard to scout would he.

Definitely naff all to do with Laudrup and his agent that's for sure.

#Philyerboots on 17:54 - Jan 17 with 1828 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 17:20 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

Exactly and whilst those clubs might have been mentioned at that very point in time, he was also being courted by teams in the Champions league, Dortmund being one of them. He was never going to come.

All very well, except we have a direct quote from the player saying he is considering playing - for Swansea - in the Europa League.

And yet you cling to your position that he was never going to come. I must say i find that a little odd.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 18:34 - Jan 17 with 1779 viewsswancity

#Philyerboots on 17:23 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

It's true and he wouldn't have been hard to scout would he.

Definitely naff all to do with Laudrup and his agent that's for sure.

Again that's doubtful, very doubtful. Not that it matters now. Laudrup and Tutumlu did an incredible job of assessing, attracting and then actually getting players here, most of whom were instrumental in reaching standards that our Club hasn't seen before in over 100 years. And I appreciate that others played a part in that time. Everyone was pulling together, unlike now where it's all going in different directions.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

#Philyerboots on 18:39 - Jan 17 with 1773 viewsShonky

Jenkins wrote in the program notes soon after we signed Bony that we wouldn't make a habit of paying "12m for a player we read about in the newspaper" . Doesn't sound like was particularly keen on the signing does it?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 18:39]

Its just a ride...

#Philyerboots on 18:50 - Jan 17 with 1752 viewsCheeseBalls

#Philyerboots on 18:39 - Jan 17 by Shonky

Jenkins wrote in the program notes soon after we signed Bony that we wouldn't make a habit of paying "12m for a player we read about in the newspaper" . Doesn't sound like was particularly keen on the signing does it?

If TheResurrection has said it, the total opposite is the truth.
#Philyerboots on 19:23 - Jan 17 with 1707 viewsjasfan

Whatever the opinions about player recruitment in previous seasons we do know that the last transfer window was very poor and it left the football club badly prepared for this season's campaign.

I think that the previous manager wanted to play counter attacking football using the wing backs for width and requiring pace in the midfield or attack. I can't see how the recruitment that took place in the summer helped him implement that system. Although frankly the kind of omissions to the squad listed below would make life difficult for any manager.

As has been described elsewhere, there was no realistic cover or competition for the RB position, similarly the LB position having sold Kingsley, no out and out DM recruited, no AM with pace or creativity, no number 10 and the main striker brought in late, unfit and in poor form based on the two previous seasons.

The fact that we have also had to change managers so frequently in recent seasons and the differing circumstances of their appointments suggests that it's not only player recruitment that has deteriorated during this time.

Another review of recruitment at the football club is well overdue.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 19:25]
#Philyerboots on 19:39 - Jan 17 with 1682 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 18:39 - Jan 17 by Shonky

He was keen on the signing and it was OUR scouting operation that brought him in, NOT LAUDRUP and Co. And that's not doubtful that's fact.

Jenkins just wasn't keen on spending THAT much on one player. He was nervous about the cost. It was a big leap at the time.

The 2 things are completely different.

And Nige,

I've posted on here the players that Laudrup signed himself (through his connections or Tutumulu) and it's hardly groundbreaking or pioneering stuff. He had the usual success stories and downright flops, the same as any other manager.

The one big difference that stood Laudrup out was what he got out of the squad as a whole, the way he coached them and the style we played. I can see him now on the training ground with Pozeulo, you can't buy that sort of coaching and nous from one of the world's greatest ever players.

#Philyerboots on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 1667 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 19:23 - Jan 17 by jasfan

Whatever the opinions about player recruitment in previous seasons we do know that the last transfer window was very poor and it left the football club badly prepared for this season's campaign.

I think that the previous manager wanted to play counter attacking football using the wing backs for width and requiring pace in the midfield or attack. I can't see how the recruitment that took place in the summer helped him implement that system. Although frankly the kind of omissions to the squad listed below would make life difficult for any manager.

As has been described elsewhere, there was no realistic cover or competition for the RB position, similarly the LB position having sold Kingsley, no out and out DM recruited, no AM with pace or creativity, no number 10 and the main striker brought in late, unfit and in poor form based on the two previous seasons.

The fact that we have also had to change managers so frequently in recent seasons and the differing circumstances of their appointments suggests that it's not only player recruitment that has deteriorated during this time.

Another review of recruitment at the football club is well overdue.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 19:25]

It would be v very insightful to have been a fly on the wall during the summer window. Yes it seems Clement's big plans for this season was 3 at the back - WOW!! And why?? He'd seen a few others doing it last year and thought that must be the way forward.

What he was promised or hoped to get would be interesting to know. But we do know he sanctioned the Sanches signing right at the death when knowing we already had a plethora of centre mids already here. That has to be negligence on his behalf.

We also know he doesn't like wingers and pace just wasn't that important on his shopping list. Scandalous as far as I'm concerned. I only found out about his dislike of wingers during the Siggy saga and it hit me like a brick.

Selling Siggy and Llorente was without doubt the right thing to do, I'll always believe that. Formulating a squad with their money able enough to play good attacking football is where the problem lies.

We all know very well by now that's not Clement's style. For me, he has to take so very much of the blame for this season, not all, our recruitment didn't spring up any nice surprises did it, but who was mostly driving the bus there.

That would be key to know before pointing any fingers in any one particular direction.

#Philyerboots on 19:54 - Jan 17 with 1642 viewsjasfan

#Philyerboots on 19:48 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

It would be v very insightful to have been a fly on the wall during the summer window. Yes it seems Clement's big plans for this season was 3 at the back - WOW!! And why?? He'd seen a few others doing it last year and thought that must be the way forward.

What he was promised or hoped to get would be interesting to know. But we do know he sanctioned the Sanches signing right at the death when knowing we already had a plethora of centre mids already here. That has to be negligence on his behalf.

We also know he doesn't like wingers and pace just wasn't that important on his shopping list. Scandalous as far as I'm concerned. I only found out about his dislike of wingers during the Siggy saga and it hit me like a brick.

Selling Siggy and Llorente was without doubt the right thing to do, I'll always believe that. Formulating a squad with their money able enough to play good attacking football is where the problem lies.

We all know very well by now that's not Clement's style. For me, he has to take so very much of the blame for this season, not all, our recruitment didn't spring up any nice surprises did it, but who was mostly driving the bus there.

That would be key to know before pointing any fingers in any one particular direction.

PC has to take some share of the blame simply because he was part of the transfer committee and as you stated Sanches and Abraham were almost definitely his choices.

I can't say I was ever convinced by PC and I think he simply didn't have the imagination and vision to be a top coach unfortunately.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 19:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024