Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Philyerboots 19:22 - Jan 11 with 73425 viewsswanseacityx

Sumbler is leading a crazy war against the club hierachy but remember it was not that long ago he was drinking champagne and eating hobnobs with the Swansea City elite receiving free executive tickets thanks to his position with the Trust.

Wonder why he is so bitter now all of this has gone?

Dont be a sheep and follow the hypocrite.

Support the club.

STID

#philyerboots

#freeloader
#Philyerboots on 20:20 - Jan 17 with 2050 viewstheloneranger

#Philyerboots on 19:54 - Jan 17 by jasfan

PC has to take some share of the blame simply because he was part of the transfer committee and as you stated Sanches and Abraham were almost definitely his choices.

I can't say I was ever convinced by PC and I think he simply didn't have the imagination and vision to be a top coach unfortunately.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 19:54]

Tammy was a Brian Flynn recommendation.

PC was busy trying to sign Chalobah from Chelsea on loan, so Tammy was 2nd choice.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

#Philyerboots on 20:40 - Jan 17 with 2014 viewsjasfan

#Philyerboots on 20:20 - Jan 17 by theloneranger

Tammy was a Brian Flynn recommendation.

PC was busy trying to sign Chalobah from Chelsea on loan, so Tammy was 2nd choice.

I hadn't heard that. Interesting.
#Philyerboots on 20:51 - Jan 17 with 1984 viewsCooperman

#Philyerboots on 19:54 - Jan 17 by jasfan

PC has to take some share of the blame simply because he was part of the transfer committee and as you stated Sanches and Abraham were almost definitely his choices.

I can't say I was ever convinced by PC and I think he simply didn't have the imagination and vision to be a top coach unfortunately.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 19:54]

He’s usually had Ancelotti above him providing the imagination and inspiration.

Take Ancelotti away and he appears to be found wanting.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

#Philyerboots on 20:54 - Jan 17 with 1978 viewsE20Jack

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tammy Abraham, already called up to the England squad and will be part of many squads in the future. By the sounds of it, it was a very favourable financial deal for us costing next to nothing to being him in, and for me, is still a very valuable member of the squad. He is just very young, a matter of months out of his teens. Bony is just a different animal in the line striker role, I have been amazed how good he looks.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

#Philyerboots on 21:00 - Jan 17 with 1968 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 20:54 - Jan 17 by E20Jack

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tammy Abraham, already called up to the England squad and will be part of many squads in the future. By the sounds of it, it was a very favourable financial deal for us costing next to nothing to being him in, and for me, is still a very valuable member of the squad. He is just very young, a matter of months out of his teens. Bony is just a different animal in the line striker role, I have been amazed how good he looks.

I would at least like to see Tammy on the right in a front 3. I think his best game is facing the goal and he's big and strong and can shift. It wouldn't be his natural position as he's a goal poacher but I would like to see if he could do a job there getting as far forward as possible throughout.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

#Philyerboots on 21:00 - Jan 17 with 1970 views34dfgdf54

#Philyerboots on 20:54 - Jan 17 by E20Jack

Well that’s no use to us though is it? No deal can be “financially good”, especially a loan deal, if the player doesn’t perform, which for me he hasn’t.
#Philyerboots on 21:13 - Jan 17 with 1937 viewsItchySphincter

#Philyerboots on 20:40 - Jan 17 by jasfan

I hadn't heard that. Interesting.

I did.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

#Philyerboots on 21:28 - Jan 17 with 1921 viewsCooperman

#Philyerboots on 21:00 - Jan 17 by 34dfgdf54

Well that’s no use to us though is it? No deal can be “financially good”, especially a loan deal, if the player doesn’t perform, which for me he hasn’t.

Unless it’s cost us next to nothing which is what he said.

I find that difficult to believe though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

#Philyerboots on 22:01 - Jan 17 with 1881 viewsjasfan

Apart from a promising start, I don't think he has contributed very much. At times he has looked as if he is finding the pressure of the situation and the responsibility difficult to handle, which is understandable in a very young player, but not much comfort to the club considering the predicament it is in. I think PC's comments about Bony putting in a "man's performance" may well have been a bit of a dig at Abraham and an attempt to get him to front up more.

There's no doubt the player has talent, however there is a question as to whether at this point in time his all round game is sufficiently developed to contribute more to the team. His first touch and the ability to hold the ball up are two obvious areas for improvement with the former being vital to a striker.

In the latter part of the season he could still come good with a new manager able to find a way to use his current strengths. Let's hope so.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 22:03]
#Philyerboots on 22:09 - Jan 17 with 1871 views34dfgdf54

#Philyerboots on 21:28 - Jan 17 by Cooperman

Unless it’s cost us next to nothing which is what he said.

I find that difficult to believe though.

Even then, it’s a place which needed strengthening, and he hasn’t done that. I see no positives in end deal, including how cheap it is.
#Philyerboots on 22:10 - Jan 17 with 1863 viewsBrynmill_Jack

#Philyerboots on 12:02 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

Shaky,

You're conveniently not including the pay-off to the players who left our club after ML did. Every single one of them rec'd a sizeable sum to allow them to leave. Don't forget ML's pay off too.

These wouldn't have been covered in those accounts, as you know.

Also, then there's the cost (and associated cost) of replacing them.

The ML year was unforgettable for so many reasons (West Brom home more than the Cup Final for me) but it cost our club hugely. As someone who's always said we should try and live within our means, I'm surprised you aren't against this.

Bull. If anyone has cost this club money until last 4 years it's your mates on the board, thinking they're Brian Clough and wasting ten's of millions on absolute dross.

Your agenda against Laudrup is as pitiful as it is ridiculous. You're criticizing Tutumulu, an agent for behaving like ......... an agent???

OK as you seemed be close ish to Martin Morgan how much has been spent on agents fees by this club post ML?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

#Philyerboots on 00:14 - Jan 18 with 1805 viewstheloneranger

#Philyerboots on 22:10 - Jan 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Bull. If anyone has cost this club money until last 4 years it's your mates on the board, thinking they're Brian Clough and wasting ten's of millions on absolute dross.

Your agenda against Laudrup is as pitiful as it is ridiculous. You're criticizing Tutumulu, an agent for behaving like ......... an agent???

OK as you seemed be close ish to Martin Morgan how much has been spent on agents fees by this club post ML?

Jenkins accused Tutumlu of receiving 4.37M Euro's in agents fees, yet he paid agents £4.3M in fees last season for the Sh*te he signed as DoF...

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

#Philyerboots on 05:29 - Jan 18 with 1739 viewsE20Jack

Of course it can be financially good.

As others have pointed out to you, If we did not have him then we would have to pay for someone else. Find me another young international striker for a top 10 side we can have for nothing for the year and you will probably get yourself a new job as DoF.

Good luck in your quest.

#Philyerboots on 06:40 - Jan 18 with 1696 views34dfgdf54

#Philyerboots on 05:29 - Jan 18 by E20Jack

As others have pointed out to you, If we did not have him then we would have to pay for someone else. Find me another young international striker for a top 10 side we can have for nothing for the year and you will probably get yourself a new job as DoF.

Good luck in your quest.

You do realise the whole point of football is to win games?
#Philyerboots on 06:47 - Jan 18 with 1690 viewsMattG

#Philyerboots on 05:29 - Jan 18 by E20Jack

Good luck in your quest.

I seem to remember talk of a £5m loan fee for Abraham. He certainly didn't end up here for nothing.
#Philyerboots on 08:19 - Jan 18 with 1644 viewsUxbridge

#Philyerboots on 22:10 - Jan 17 by Brynmill_Jack

I'd take a broader view. The squad we had under Laudrup is demonstrably better than the one we have now, and probably any since. Why on earth did we move away from signing that sort of player.

Tutumlu is a red herring. Our approach and model changed the day we appointed Monk.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

#Philyerboots on 08:21 - Jan 18 with 1634 views34dfgdf54

#Philyerboots on 08:19 - Jan 18 by Uxbridge

I'd take a broader view. The squad we had under Laudrup is demonstrably better than the one we have now, and probably any since. Why on earth did we move away from signing that sort of player.

Tutumlu is a red herring. Our approach and model changed the day we appointed Monk.

Because Garry wanted to create a Plan B, Plan B changed to Plan A, then there was no Plan B.

I sound like CC.
#Philyerboots on 08:29 - Jan 18 with 1623 viewsWarwickHunt

#Philyerboots on 08:19 - Jan 18 by Uxbridge

We replaced a sea bass with an anchovy.
#Philyerboots on 08:33 - Jan 18 with 1613 viewsMrSwerve

#Philyerboots on 08:29 - Jan 18 by WarwickHunt

We replaced a sea bass with an anchovy.

A Monkfish surely.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

#Philyerboots on 08:46 - Jan 18 with 1594 viewsE20Jack

#Philyerboots on 06:40 - Jan 18 by 34dfgdf54

You do realise the whole point of football is to win games?

ah right, all this time we have been signing players to lose games.

Risca you dont half talk rubbish mate.

#Philyerboots on 08:48 - Jan 18 with 1590 viewsE20Jack

#Philyerboots on 06:47 - Jan 18 by MattG

I seem to remember talk of a £5m loan fee for Abraham. He certainly didn't end up here for nothing.

Where was this talk?

Chelsea did not receive a loan fee for Abraham. It was a mutually beneficial deal, anyone criticising this signing hasnt got a clue.

#Philyerboots on 09:12 - Jan 18 with 1557 views34dfgdf54

#Philyerboots on 08:46 - Jan 18 by E20Jack

ah right, all this time we have been signing players to lose games.

Risca you dont half talk rubbish mate.

Pot kettle black comes to mind.

No signing makes good financial sense if they do not perform, which he hasn't. Stop talking absolute b*llocks, these guys are not on pennies, and we would have paid a loan fee.

Whether he comes good or not next season, season after or in five seasons time makes no difference to me, it's how he performs while being a Swansea player is all I care about.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 9:13]
#Philyerboots on 09:26 - Jan 18 with 1538 viewsUxbridge

#Philyerboots on 08:48 - Jan 18 by E20Jack

Where was this talk?

Chelsea did not receive a loan fee for Abraham. It was a mutually beneficial deal, anyone criticising this signing hasnt got a clue.

I don't think anyone is criticising the deal, however Matt was commenting regarding the costs of the deal. Which, in all fairness, he'd have been in a better position than you to know about at that time.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

#Philyerboots on 09:39 - Jan 18 with 1519 viewsperchrockjack

Seems many on here are either traumatised by the past or living in a permanent state of hiraeth .
I really cannot recall much these days but it's a good thing as one tries to move onwards instead of raking over the ashes of angst

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

#Philyerboots on 09:48 - Jan 18 with 1503 viewsE20Jack

#Philyerboots on 09:26 - Jan 18 by Uxbridge

I don't think anyone is criticising the deal, however Matt was commenting regarding the costs of the deal. Which, in all fairness, he'd have been in a better position than you to know about at that time.

Then you need to re-read the thread.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024