Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys 19:40 - Jan 13 with 31700 viewsBrynCartwright

This PC bullshit is starting to drive me mad now.

John Humphreys has always advocated equality in journalism and equal pay for equal work.

It is called meritocracy.

Ultimately we will be left with only female presenters on the news, sports, chat shows, sitcoms, weather, stand up, reality shows, because all the guys are too scared to open their mouths in case they are categorised as devious sexist pigs.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 08:34 - Jan 25 with 3431 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:37 - Jan 25 by Kilkennyjack

You must be very proud. Tvvvat.

Judge a man by the company he keeps.
No real welsh person ever supports the Conservative and Unionist party.
We stand against them. Always.

You're going to have to elaborate on that, Killy. Going back to my schooldays if I was asked what was your ideal of a 'real' Welshman the chances are my notions would have been bound up in the person of little Tasker Watkins. Probably the antithesis of everything that you'd have in mind?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:41 - Jan 25 with 3389 viewsWarwickHunt

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 05:18 - Jan 25 by Mo_Wives

What do you think of the fact that Lisa has admitted that my joke made her stop engaging?
I literally got under her skin.
This was the post where you thought she was getting under my skin.
You're suffering from unconscious bias, my friend.
See a head doctor

Sometimes this shit is just too easy.

Literally? Mad skillz, bruv.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:49 - Jan 25 with 3384 viewsexiledclaseboy

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 05:18 - Jan 25 by Mo_Wives

What do you think of the fact that Lisa has admitted that my joke made her stop engaging?
I literally got under her skin.
This was the post where you thought she was getting under my skin.
You're suffering from unconscious bias, my friend.
See a head doctor

Sometimes this shit is just too easy.

You’re just a slippery internet genius, Mo. Us stupid snowflake SJWs just cower in your online presence.

Poll: Tory leader

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:52 - Jan 25 with 3359 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:41 - Jan 25 by WarwickHunt

Literally? Mad skillz, bruv.

Thank you, Wazza, I was hoping someone would pick up on the 'literally' part of my post. I've been dying to use our new technology. Let's go to the video assisted referee.

VAR:
In a real life situation you can't literally get under someone's skin. But Lisa and Mo are interacting via the medium of cyber-space where this is actually possible, as the videos show...

VAR decision: Wives is correct.

I'm only gutted it was Warwick who pointed it out in a friendly manner. I was hoping for one of the blithering idiots to launch a charge so I could hoist them...again
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 12:06]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:56 - Jan 25 with 3355 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:37 - Jan 25 by Kilkennyjack

You must be very proud. Tvvvat.

Judge a man by the company he keeps.
No real welsh person ever supports the Conservative and Unionist party.
We stand against them. Always.

WOW...you are incredibly stupid. Not just because you've replied to the wrong post
but you still haven't grasp the point I was making.

And I judge a man by his own actions.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 3347 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:49 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

You’re just a slippery internet genius, Mo. Us stupid snowflake SJWs just cower in your online presence.

TBH, we have a clash of ideologies.
Look, it maybe I'm right and you're wrong.
Or it could be you're right and I'm wrong
Or maybe we're all right because the truth is subjective. Now I'd like that, but that shit ain't the truth.
The truth is you are the bulls and I am the matador
But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 21:00 - Jan 25 with 3274 viewsdizietsma

Mo...."If the stats were 29% of male first time offenders and 29% of female offenders were sentenced to custody and men and women both have a 62% chance of being bailed, then this would be equality of outcome. So, in fact, it's incredibly easy to be sure."

Me: Not if they are up in court for different crimes. Men being, I think, more likely to be committing violent crimes, the ladies for shoplifting. Nor if they escape custody because, for example, they are single parents or carers (more likely for women probably).

Like the pay gap stats, they only appear biased at a cursory glance, they don't tell the whole truth.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 21:15 - Jan 25 with 3249 viewsKilkennyjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:56 - Jan 25 by Mo_Wives

WOW...you are incredibly stupid. Not just because you've replied to the wrong post
but you still haven't grasp the point I was making.

And I judge a man by his own actions.

Dear pound shop Einstein - i know exactly which post i replied to.
Try reading it again.

Full of your own self importance.
But you are a dickhead.

Wow ...indeed ...

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 05:41 - Jan 26 with 3194 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 21:00 - Jan 25 by dizietsma

Mo...."If the stats were 29% of male first time offenders and 29% of female offenders were sentenced to custody and men and women both have a 62% chance of being bailed, then this would be equality of outcome. So, in fact, it's incredibly easy to be sure."

Me: Not if they are up in court for different crimes. Men being, I think, more likely to be committing violent crimes, the ladies for shoplifting. Nor if they escape custody because, for example, they are single parents or carers (more likely for women probably).

Like the pay gap stats, they only appear biased at a cursory glance, they don't tell the whole truth.

"Like the pay gap stats, they only appear biased at a cursory glance, they don't tell the whole truth."

YES. WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME? I AM SAYING THE SAME THING AS YOU. TELL THE OTHER TEAM. I am not saying it's unfair on men. I am asking if the people who judge the pay gap on a cursory glance to push a 'women are oppressed' narrative have the grace to treat the sentencing gap in the same manner. I, like you, treat them in the same manner. Me and you agree, my friend...you are also a woman hating Nazi. congratulations. (I'm being sarcastic about the 'woman hating Nazi', btw)

I think you are mixing up equality of outcome. I am against equality of outcome. For example.
If 70% of University STEM subjects are taken by men and so you want to push more women into STEM because you think 70% vs 30% is the type of inequality you want to fight and you want to see that number become 50% vs 50% then you want 'equality of outcome'. This is not me.
If you say are men and women allowed to go into STEM? yes. Is the gap because less women chose to go into it? yes. OK, who cares? leave people be free to make their own choices. Then you want 'equality of opportunity'. This is me

I feel we're talking past each other. Let me give you an example of why I brought up the sentencing gap...
If a Man Utd fan was arguing with me that United are being unfairly treated by the premier league because the premier league hate United. Then he gives the example that Liverpool won the league but United scored the most goals. So I say "but last year Liverpool scored the most goals but United won the league...were Liverpool being cheated?" Then I am not making the argument that Liverpool were cheated...I'm just trying to debunk his argument. This is why I brought up the other gaps.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 7:07]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 06:22 - Jan 26 with 3186 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 21:15 - Jan 25 by Kilkennyjack

Dear pound shop Einstein - i know exactly which post i replied to.
Try reading it again.

Full of your own self importance.
But you are a dickhead.

Wow ...indeed ...

Perfect. Well done pound shop Forrest Gump.

Haven't you got planes that need pointing at? chop-chop, you big girls blouse.

And yes...of course I'm a dickhead, I'm arguing with people on the internet. When did I say I wasn't? The difference between me and you is I know what I am, yet you've never realised that you're also a dickhead. And of course the fact I'm just a bit stupid...while you're incredibly stupid.

Oh, and by the way, if you want to see examples of 'self importance' why don't you look to the woman in this thread who claimed because I watch YouTube I haven't got the credentials to argue with her. She has worked in about 8 offices so she is equipped to understand what happens in offices across the whole country (She likens this experience/ability to Pep Guardiola - The best in the world. LOL). In the next breath she dismisses people who have actually done in depth studies into the same subject. That, my friend, is self importance. I fear you missed this either due to unconscious bias or cognitive dissonance.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 6:47]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:27 - Jan 26 with 3168 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:09 - Jan 21 by Mo_Wives

"I suspect the left wing press were hoping for the story of how Cathy Newman exposed 'Alt-right hate preacher' Jordan Peterson. Since he dismantled her and her arguments I'm expecting them to take the focus off the debate she lost and make the story 'Cathy Newman attacked by on line trolls..."

Here we go Bryn, as predicted. God bless those on line trolls...where would the victim narrative be without them?.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/01/20/britains-channel-4-gets-threatened-after

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/cathy-newman-abuse-channel-4-jordan-peterson

At least Douglas Murray reported about the debate in the spectator...

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/watch-cathy-newmans-catastrophic-interview

https://hequal.wordpress.com/2018/01/22/cathy-newmans-feminist-fans-sent-30-time

The Feminists cry out in pain as they punch you.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 8:17]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:24 - Jan 26 with 3145 viewsperchrockjack

No real Welsh person?
Well,sorry me ol cock, thousands do, thousands . Why? Because it's a free country and people can vote for they want

You really don't understand democracy ,son, do ya

I d suggest no real sensible Welsh person would vote Plaid . Most do

Can you get a postal vote for Sein Fein

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:30 - Jan 26 with 3142 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:24 - Jan 26 by perchrockjack

No real Welsh person?
Well,sorry me ol cock, thousands do, thousands . Why? Because it's a free country and people can vote for they want

You really don't understand democracy ,son, do ya

I d suggest no real sensible Welsh person would vote Plaid . Most do

Can you get a postal vote for Sein Fein

He thinks you're an uncle Tom Jones, Perch

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:41 - Jan 26 with 3130 viewspikeypaul

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 06:22 - Jan 26 by Mo_Wives

Perfect. Well done pound shop Forrest Gump.

Haven't you got planes that need pointing at? chop-chop, you big girls blouse.

And yes...of course I'm a dickhead, I'm arguing with people on the internet. When did I say I wasn't? The difference between me and you is I know what I am, yet you've never realised that you're also a dickhead. And of course the fact I'm just a bit stupid...while you're incredibly stupid.

Oh, and by the way, if you want to see examples of 'self importance' why don't you look to the woman in this thread who claimed because I watch YouTube I haven't got the credentials to argue with her. She has worked in about 8 offices so she is equipped to understand what happens in offices across the whole country (She likens this experience/ability to Pep Guardiola - The best in the world. LOL). In the next breath she dismisses people who have actually done in depth studies into the same subject. That, my friend, is self importance. I fear you missed this either due to unconscious bias or cognitive dissonance.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 6:47]

Mo, I can see you have quoted the terrorist loving filth but the text does not come up since he’s on ignore,from memory the thick mick is probably the dullesst Coont on the site, I’ve had him on ignore for months,you should do the same.
It’s funny how the usual suspects turn s blind eye to his support of killing British children and civilians by cowardly terrorist filth.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 9:59]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:54 - Jan 26 with 3119 viewsperchrockjack

Trample is just harmless nuts but Killy is different gravy .

Here s a guy eulogising over dead Irish rebel poets whose work was on his avatar .its now removed after I pointed it out.

Here s a punter, although he would deny it, who,seemingly ,supports and justifies armed struggle whether it's in Basque land,Catalonia or Ireland . Hatred towards England is palpable . Voting only allowed for plaid or anything left .

No real Welsh person? If he is an example,it's no wonder the rest of the U.K. Takes the pisse out of us more in pity than anything else and pity is what we should feel for this chap ,

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 3111 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:41 - Jan 26 by pikeypaul

Mo, I can see you have quoted the terrorist loving filth but the text does not come up since he’s on ignore,from memory the thick mick is probably the dullesst Coont on the site, I’ve had him on ignore for months,you should do the same.
It’s funny how the usual suspects turn s blind eye to his support of killing British children and civilians by cowardly terrorist filth.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 9:59]

While I respect your right to deal with him whichever way you see fit, my friend. I'm basically all about thrashing out differences, throwing insults, maybe seeing each others point a bit more clear and ultimately coming together, if not in agreement, then maybe in mutual respect...

One day I hope we can all be friends.
You may say I'm a dreamer...
If we never get there, at least I know I tried. But as I say, you are free to call him a c*nt

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:08 - Jan 26 with 3104 viewsperchrockjack

Fair play,Mo.thats some posting.

It's not often I feel humble

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:13 - Jan 26 with 3096 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:08 - Jan 26 by perchrockjack

Fair play,Mo.thats some posting.

It's not often I feel humble

Thank you, Perch.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:14 - Jan 26 with 3093 viewsperchrockjack

Now help me on the Churchill thread .ive got a percent movement at the moment

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:18 - Jan 26 with 3086 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:14 - Jan 26 by perchrockjack

Now help me on the Churchill thread .ive got a percent movement at the moment

Just eat a bit more fibre and you'll be fine.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 13:08 - Jan 27 with 2965 viewsswanjackal

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:03 - Jan 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

When I saw this thread I was hoping it was a new TV show pitch from Alan Partridge, to go alongside Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank and Monkey Tennis, but, alas, I was disappointed.

Although it's still pretty entertaining viewing as it is.

Just skipped through iPlayer for something to watch, and actually came across the advert for a new pilot show......spooky!

<a href=" https://ibb.co/msCGTb"> src=" https://preview.ibb.co/d9EVob/pc_bollocks_madness.jpg" alt="pc_bollocks_madness" border="0"></a>
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 13:19]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 2900 viewsNirvana

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 12:32 - Jan 22 by londonlisa2001

You continue to miss the point.

I was pointing out the flaws in Peterson's argument. It was he who said in that interview that people with traditionally masculine qualities get on better not me. He then said that wasn't gender discrimination, which is nonsense. It is, just couched in different terms,

I then gave an example based on height. Which shows the same thing.

Your example about sales in a bad one, because an area like sales, which is completely measurable, shows less geneder bias than other more measurable areas.

The biggest reason for gender inequality around pay is lack of women in senior roles. Not sales staff or similar. Numbers of men and women at more junior levels is pretty consistent, and pay is pretty consistent. The issue is far further up in organisations. Where there aren't such easily measurable 'who is better' factors. And it's there that the discrimination continues due to the men in situ promoting in their own image.

It's known as unconscious bias. People tend to promote those that are most similar to themselves. It's what leads to the whole notion of 'old school tie'. It's what leads to Japanese firms almost invariably having all their very senior staff being Japanese, even in London. Or old banks having a disproportionate number of Jewish people at the top.

All of those things are not allowed 'in law'. But the processes aren't overtly discriminatory. They arise because people promote people like themselves. And it happens with women.

I don't speak of any feminist business model. I don't even know why you throw the term feminist around in that way, since all feminist means is someone who wants equality of the sexes.

There are many example of women running very successful businesses very successfully. Look at Sheryl Sandberg, or Marissa Mayer (Facebook and yahoo respectively). Or even look at Mary Barra who is CEO of General Motors or the woman who runs PepsiCo (whise name escapes me). But there are just 32 companies of the 500 biggest companies in America that are run by women. You cannot say with hand on heart that you think that in 468 instances out of 500 men were objectively better than women. It's due to there being bias throughout the junior, middle and senior management of these companies. Bias that has had an effect for decades, leading to less opportunity throughout the organisation.

As for the 'don't stand around moaning' bit - as I said, it's not about me, I sit on the board of FTSE companies Mo, and sat on the board of global companies when I was an exec. That's why I know what happens. What's your experience of this, outside watching YouTube videos? When have you been senior enough to understand the factors at play here? Because big companies now recognise the issue and are working really hard to try to do something about it. To redress the impact that decades of this sort of bias have caused. Because they know damn well (as they can see it happen) that mixed genders at senior levels lead to companies performing better.

Let me see if I get this straight, Lisa - you're a SJW with a heart of gold, but you accumulated your wealth by working for financial institutions in London, the shadiest and most corrupt businesses on the planet?

The same institutions that have built their vast empires on the backs of ripping off the common folk to truly staggering degrees? Ever heard of LIBOR or the Global Laundromat or the Panama Papers or the global meltdown a decade ago (and so on and so forth)? Yes, I'm sure you know them well. Possibly had a part to play in some of these, maybe?

Anyway, point being you can't wage war on your pet social inequities while further deepening the financial inequities that control it all. To do so would rightly expose you to accusations of hypocrisy, don't you think? As the poet Sir Method Man of the Clan known as Wu-Tang famously said, "Cash rules everything around me." And it quite obviously does.

Not sure what boards you have specifically been on, but I am certain the unscrupulous business practices of the companies of the FTSE, etc. have taken far more money (i.e. livelihood) away from women than any supposed pay gap, solely because of their gender, ever could.

Where did you hear Sanches didn't cost us over £7m, by the way??
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:01 - Jan 27 with 2868 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:37 - Jan 27 by Nirvana

Let me see if I get this straight, Lisa - you're a SJW with a heart of gold, but you accumulated your wealth by working for financial institutions in London, the shadiest and most corrupt businesses on the planet?

The same institutions that have built their vast empires on the backs of ripping off the common folk to truly staggering degrees? Ever heard of LIBOR or the Global Laundromat or the Panama Papers or the global meltdown a decade ago (and so on and so forth)? Yes, I'm sure you know them well. Possibly had a part to play in some of these, maybe?

Anyway, point being you can't wage war on your pet social inequities while further deepening the financial inequities that control it all. To do so would rightly expose you to accusations of hypocrisy, don't you think? As the poet Sir Method Man of the Clan known as Wu-Tang famously said, "Cash rules everything around me." And it quite obviously does.

Not sure what boards you have specifically been on, but I am certain the unscrupulous business practices of the companies of the FTSE, etc. have taken far more money (i.e. livelihood) away from women than any supposed pay gap, solely because of their gender, ever could.

"Not sure what boards you have specifically been on..."

Only joking

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:03 - Jan 27 with 2862 viewslondonlisa2001

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:37 - Jan 27 by Nirvana

Let me see if can get this straight Nirvana.

I'm not what you term an SJW, I have never worked for what you term a financial institution, I have indeed heard of LIBOR, Panama Papers and so on and so forth and it's none of your business where I've heard or not heard anything.

Off you trot.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:07 - Jan 27 with 2852 viewsperchrockjack

And we have to take your word Lisa as we know nothing about you, as you do me and others

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024