Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“What does he do exactly?” 13:54 - Jan 29 with 3366 viewsadamswan

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2018/01/28/what-do-you-do-exactly/

Sorry if this has already been linked on here, but this really is a cracking article and nicely summarises, in my eyes at least, why we are where we are.
“What does he do exactly?” on 14:10 - Jan 29 with 3314 viewsHeadmaster

"This season, the team would regain its style, would string passes together again, would challenge for a top ten finish… with eight central midfielders, one left back and no number 10.

Now, Mesa looks set to play the rest of this season for a Champions League team, with Swansea paying some of his wages to do so."

Depressing. If anyone still defends Jenkins and co., they are f*cking deluded.
“What does he do exactly?” on 14:22 - Jan 29 with 3256 viewsadamswan

There may very well be something going on behind the scenes/personally with Mesa, but...you’d assume a club the size of Sevilla would have done their due diligence before looking to take him on loan. When you say the words out loud it really hits home how farcicle this is, Swansea city, are paying some of the wages of our own player to go and play for a club the size of Sevilla, whilst we sit at the bottom of the league.

Whether we ridicule the decision now in loaning him, or the decision to have signed him in the first place, the outcome is surely the same, our recruitment process is one big cluster f@£k
“What does he do exactly?” on 14:38 - Jan 29 with 3172 viewsOldjack

I still can't fathom out Why Messa is going

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

“What does he do exactly?” on 14:48 - Jan 29 with 3122 viewsA_Fans_Dad

“What does he do exactly?” on 14:38 - Jan 29 by Oldjack

I still can't fathom out Why Messa is going

Somebody doesn't like him.
“What does he do exactly?” on 14:52 - Jan 29 with 3102 viewsOldjack

“What does he do exactly?” on 14:48 - Jan 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Somebody doesn't like him.

Clem didn't seem to like him now Carlos ? naaaaaaaaaa something's not right here

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

“What does he do exactly?” on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 2924 viewsnantywatcher

“What does he do exactly?” on 14:52 - Jan 29 by Oldjack

Clem didn't seem to like him now Carlos ? naaaaaaaaaa something's not right here

I was told very early in the season that the club was gutted with him as a signing within the first few days of him arriving.
"Statistics are like lamposts they are good for leaning on, but don't cast enough light to view a subject in any great detail."
Twenty perfect passes that cover a total of less than a hundred yards makes good reading on paper but in the real world...
“What does he do exactly?” on 17:06 - Jan 29 with 2871 viewsjasper_T

“What does he do exactly?” on 16:47 - Jan 29 by nantywatcher

I was told very early in the season that the club was gutted with him as a signing within the first few days of him arriving.
"Statistics are like lamposts they are good for leaning on, but don't cast enough light to view a subject in any great detail."
Twenty perfect passes that cover a total of less than a hundred yards makes good reading on paper but in the real world...

That doesn't make good reading on paper, and the stats that people are looking at get far more in-depth than that.

He was genuinely good last season. It's not some myth based on a set of numbers on a screen. Has been poor for us, but no worse than most of our players, and the biggest problems (defensive positioning the main one) should have been coached or made less of an issue by changing his role.

The club gave up on his very quickly, and so he gave up on the club. Just like Borja. Mistakes made at every stage.
“What does he do exactly?” on 17:51 - Jan 29 with 2788 viewsmax936

“What does he do exactly?” on 17:06 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

That doesn't make good reading on paper, and the stats that people are looking at get far more in-depth than that.

He was genuinely good last season. It's not some myth based on a set of numbers on a screen. Has been poor for us, but no worse than most of our players, and the biggest problems (defensive positioning the main one) should have been coached or made less of an issue by changing his role.

The club gave up on his very quickly, and so he gave up on the club. Just like Borja. Mistakes made at every stage.

Mesa wasn't helped by the position we found ourselves in, he hasn't the time to be brought along at his own pace sort of thing, he's be thrust into our midfield to sink or swim in fairness he's done both, but that's not his fault IMO

He's a good player, in a mid table settled team he'd be very good I reckon.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

“What does he do exactly?” on 17:55 - Jan 29 with 2761 viewsDr_Winston

I doubt Carlos has had much of a look in. Someone wants Mesa (mostly) off the payroll, so off he goes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

“What does he do exactly?” on 18:12 - Jan 29 with 2675 viewslonglostjack

“What does he do exactly?” on 17:55 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

I doubt Carlos has had much of a look in. Someone wants Mesa (mostly) off the payroll, so off he goes.

If anyone should be moved off the payroll it should be Ki. He's not our player in the summer anyway.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

“What does he do exactly?” on 18:33 - Jan 29 with 2622 viewsmonmouth

We swapped a useful asset in Jack Cork for him too. We lost Cork plus £2m and gained nothing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

“What does he do exactly?” on 18:41 - Jan 29 with 2592 views34dfgdf54

“What does he do exactly?” on 17:51 - Jan 29 by max936

Mesa wasn't helped by the position we found ourselves in, he hasn't the time to be brought along at his own pace sort of thing, he's be thrust into our midfield to sink or swim in fairness he's done both, but that's not his fault IMO

He's a good player, in a mid table settled team he'd be very good I reckon.

Clement didn’t want him in the first place. Never had chance to get up to speed and never had a run of games. I agree with Jasper about positioning, but this could have been sorted earlier.

There was no need for both him and Clucas come in, funds from one of the signings should have been used on an AM, anyone with a gram of football knowledge knows that.

I’m sure I read somewhere out of the 9 starts he had for us, he was MOM in 6 or something along those lines.
“What does he do exactly?” on 19:05 - Jan 29 with 2515 viewsmax936

“What does he do exactly?” on 18:41 - Jan 29 by 34dfgdf54

Clement didn’t want him in the first place. Never had chance to get up to speed and never had a run of games. I agree with Jasper about positioning, but this could have been sorted earlier.

There was no need for both him and Clucas come in, funds from one of the signings should have been used on an AM, anyone with a gram of football knowledge knows that.

I’m sure I read somewhere out of the 9 starts he had for us, he was MOM in 6 or something along those lines.

Clucas has perked up in fairness hopefully there's more to come from him, I reckon its mostly down to the position the clubs in.
Clucas I'm sure could play further forward he's got a shot on him.

Mesa is a casualty of where we are I feel, he's a good player hopefully he'll be back think he needs to improve his pace as well as his positioning, sometimes though they are often one and the same, if you're in the right position then pace doesn't sometimes come into it, for me that all comes with game time.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

“What does he do exactly?” on 19:16 - Jan 29 with 2462 viewsOldjack

“What does he do exactly?” on 18:33 - Jan 29 by monmouth

We swapped a useful asset in Jack Cork for him too. We lost Cork plus £2m and gained nothing.

init another master stroke by Treacherous big conk

“What does he do exactly?” on 21:17 - Jan 29 with 2261 viewsAl_Bundy

Mesa was always a walking yellow card despite his passing ability. Can't have player with that constant liability. Same could be said for Fer, we need work rate and desire to match any footballing ability.
“What does he do exactly?” on 22:08 - Jan 29 with 2192 viewsGlyn1

“What does he do exactly?” on 18:33 - Jan 29 by monmouth

At the time almost everybody on Planet Swans was very happy to see Cork leave.

UPDATE: Have a look at the comments here for a reminder about how contemptuous we were of him:
Jack Cork to Burnley? by PapaLazarou 7 Jul 2017 14:16
Hearing this one might be happen before we fly off to the USA. Wouldn't be a great surprise tbh, he's probably right down the pecking order now.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 22:11]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

“What does he do exactly?” on 22:09 - Jan 29 with 2186 viewsvetchonian

“What does he do exactly?” on 22:08 - Jan 29 by Glyn1

UPDATE: Have a look at the comments here for a reminder about how contemptuous we were of him:
Hearing this one might be happen before we fly off to the USA. Wouldn't be a great surprise tbh, he's probably right down the pecking order now.

Just shows how much some of our fans know about recognising a decent player!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

“What does he do exactly?” on 22:11 - Jan 29 with 2162 viewsOldjack

i liked Cork, always put a shift in, solid reliable player

“What does he do exactly?” on 22:13 - Jan 29 with 2148 viewsdonkonky

I suppose a lot of people were naively thinking that this could be the start of a rebuilding process. Didn’t happen that way though Eh !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024