Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 09:18 - Feb 28 with 1561 viewsSwans9

Football is partly about history being made. 54 years since the last Qf. The 1800 Jack's who saw us lose at Tranmere and Fulham as well as all swans fans are over the moon with being in the quarter finals.
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 09:22 - Feb 28 with 1546 viewsjackharris

We took 2,600 to Tranmere and I was there..

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 09:27 - Feb 28 with 1534 viewsN_T_J

We still had Roger Freestone playing for us at the Tranmere game :)
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 10:12 - Feb 28 with 1471 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who did we play in the Q/f 54 years ago? Oh it was Liverpool at Anfield we won 2-1 suprised Lawro did not mention it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 10:24 - Feb 28 with 1451 viewsstevethejack

Enjoyed the Tranmere trip, felt like a home game with that many of us up there.
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 10:28 - Feb 28 with 1445 viewsjack_lord

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 10:12 - Feb 28 by felixstowe_jack

Who did we play in the Q/f 54 years ago? Oh it was Liverpool at Anfield we won 2-1 suprised Lawro did not mention it.

he was probably playing

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 10:58 - Feb 28 with 1405 viewswhiterock

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 10:28 - Feb 28 by jack_lord

he was probably playing

Nah, he was only a kid but played for Preston in the Semi Final ;0)
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 11:00 - Feb 28 with 1401 viewsDewi1jack

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 09:27 - Feb 28 by N_T_J

We still had Roger Freestone playing for us at the Tranmere game :)

Please be careful mentioning Goalies...

Beaky loves a goalie

Love going to grounds like Tranmere, Cheltenham, Crawley etc
Crawley had an excellent food van doing a cracking bacon and black pud roll, just behind the terrace
Miss going to Fulham.
Love their ground. My favourite away ground (don't know why) and I hope they come back up soon so we can go back.

Present Mrs 1jack saw us beat Tranmere in the cup the last time we went there (2014 I think???)
Think there was only about 800- 1000 of us there to watch the panther crawl
Fan base was already getting prissy about visiting lower league grounds!!!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 11:09 - Feb 28 with 1384 viewsWarwickHunt

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 10:12 - Feb 28 by felixstowe_jack

Noel Dwyer.

Edit: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/where-are-the-last-se
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 11:11]
Login to get fewer ads

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 11:14 - Feb 28 with 1366 viewsN_T_J

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 11:00 - Feb 28 by Dewi1jack

Please be careful mentioning Goalies...

Beaky loves a goalie

Love going to grounds like Tranmere, Cheltenham, Crawley etc
Crawley had an excellent food van doing a cracking bacon and black pud roll, just behind the terrace
Miss going to Fulham.
Love their ground. My favourite away ground (don't know why) and I hope they come back up soon so we can go back.

Present Mrs 1jack saw us beat Tranmere in the cup the last time we went there (2014 I think???)
Think there was only about 800- 1000 of us there to watch the panther crawl
Fan base was already getting prissy about visiting lower league grounds!!!

Agree Fulham is my frav away ground.
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 1320 viewsBarrySwan

The scene..Prenton Park

The occasion....FA Cup 5th Round v Tranmere

The decision...Lets just nip down to the grub counter for a coffee and a pasty it's unlikely that any one will score whilst I'm down there under the stand.

The moment....Mouth full of pasty standing in the gloom of the under-stand refreshment bar as the stadium takes off with the sound of Tranmere scoring the winning goal.

Determination....Never never go for grub or a coffeee whilst the game is on again. ( already broken a dozen times and seems to be a cast iron prompt for goals to be scored during a boring game)
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 12:01 - Feb 28 with 1313 viewsSoberBaker

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 09:22 - Feb 28 by jackharris

Me too, but my mukka was smashed and refused entry to the ground. Spent the whole 90 minutes in a bookies outside the ground trying to sober him up

AMOW

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 12:07 - Feb 28 with 1302 viewsoldgrey

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 11:09 - Feb 28 by WarwickHunt

Noel Dwyer.

Edit: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/where-are-the-last-se
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 11:11]

All heros to me Phil as it was my first season watching football at Vetch Field.
I remember getting the Liverpool half time from the Evening Post back in the day when they used to print several hundred editions a day.
If the Swans scored in the 60th minute there would be a big block capital STOP PRESS with the name of the scorer.
Then waiting for the teleprinter and the final score.
(Pre internet days for younger viewers)
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 12:19 - Feb 28 with 1281 viewsWarwickHunt

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 12:07 - Feb 28 by oldgrey

All heros to me Phil as it was my first season watching football at Vetch Field.
I remember getting the Liverpool half time from the Evening Post back in the day when they used to print several hundred editions a day.
If the Swans scored in the 60th minute there would be a big block capital STOP PRESS with the name of the scorer.
Then waiting for the teleprinter and the final score.
(Pre internet days for younger viewers)

Met Toddy and Jimmy Mac in hospitality at the last Vetch game - I was like a kid in a sweetshop...

Brian Purcell was knocking off the (much older) girl next door in Fleet Street and they took me to Mumbles in his sports car.

My mother was at school with Barrie Jones, they both grew up on Gwynfor Road, Townhill.
We bumped into him years ago and he bemoaned the one-footedness of today's players. Fück knows what he'd have made of Emnes and Clucas...

1964 Swansea Town - the start of a lifelong affliction...
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 13:07 - Feb 28 with 1237 viewsAguycalledJack

5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 09:22 - Feb 28 by jackharris

me to
5th round loss at Tranmere on valentines day 2004 on 13:20 - Feb 28 with 1220 viewsBillyChong

I think I’ve still got the trundle face mask that they were handing out before the game in tribute to his facial injury. Possibly the last time I went by club bus bar Cardiff away. They were either free or subsidised.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024