Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International football 10:33 - Mar 5 with 5303 viewsLoyal

Haven't missed it, have grown not to like it, its a distraction we don't need, ok Euros in France were a bit of fun but overall if they cancelled everything I would be happy. I see the seasons bad start as one of the factors for being so shit. and clement, but I had faith when all around didn't. That aside international football is a burden Eric.
Too many missed Saturday's at the start, and by fck they are on the horizon again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

International football on 11:15 - Mar 5 with 3562 viewsDr_Winston

Make it.like the Olympics. U23's with a small amount of overaged players.

We can't be far off a point where clubs wonder why they're allowing national associations to spend long periods (including summer which should be a rest) taking their expensively recruited, paid and trained players basically for free.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

International football on 15:22 - Mar 5 with 3471 viewsbuilthjack

Who's Eric?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

International football on 16:06 - Mar 5 with 3432 viewsKilkennyjack

International football is superb.

How the Catalonians and Basque players would love their own team.

It sits alongside our club football, of course, not instead of it.
There is room for both.

The Wales Euro16 achievement and our friendly travelling singing fans made for the best summer ever. Cymru am byth.

Beware of the Risen People

International football on 16:15 - Mar 5 with 3409 viewsbyron

International football on 16:06 - Mar 5 by Kilkennyjack

International football is superb.

How the Catalonians and Basque players would love their own team.

It sits alongside our club football, of course, not instead of it.
There is room for both.

The Wales Euro16 achievement and our friendly travelling singing fans made for the best summer ever. Cymru am byth.

And we all got on so well.....those were the days my friends

Benny

International football on 16:21 - Mar 5 with 3400 viewsNeath_Jack

International football on 15:22 - Mar 5 by builthjack

Who's Eric?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

International football on 16:23 - Mar 5 with 3395 viewsoldcob

International football on 15:22 - Mar 5 by builthjack

Who's Eric?

Eric Burden mun, lead singer with the Animals.
International football on 16:44 - Mar 5 with 3371 viewsSir_Robin

Personally, I prefer it to club football. The players actually have a connection to the team rather than being a group of paid mercenaries from all over the globe. It's something I can enjoy with all of my football supporting friends regardless of which club they support and it gives me an excuse to go to obscure places like Moldova. I like the current balance between club and international. To each his own.
International football on 16:58 - Mar 5 with 3343 viewsFireboy2

International football on 16:21 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Ive got bananaman costume

It looks great on me as well
Login to get fewer ads

International football on 18:04 - Mar 5 with 3283 viewsNeath_Jack

International football on 16:44 - Mar 5 by Sir_Robin

Personally, I prefer it to club football. The players actually have a connection to the team rather than being a group of paid mercenaries from all over the globe. It's something I can enjoy with all of my football supporting friends regardless of which club they support and it gives me an excuse to go to obscure places like Moldova. I like the current balance between club and international. To each his own.

Players have a connection to the team? What, like their great grandmother once stopped in Bangor for a cup of tea and a scone?

Club before country every time with regards to football anyway.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

International football on 19:20 - Mar 5 with 3214 viewsbuilthjack

International football on 16:58 - Mar 5 by Fireboy2

Ive got bananaman costume

It looks great on me as well

Wear it on Saturday

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

International football on 19:29 - Mar 5 with 3201 viewspencoedjack

International football on 18:04 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Players have a connection to the team? What, like their great grandmother once stopped in Bangor for a cup of tea and a scone?

Club before country every time with regards to football anyway.

This ^
International football on 19:33 - Mar 5 with 3191 viewsbuilthjack

2 totally different things, club football and international football. I love both. I follow the Swans and Wales.
We never had anyone saying they didn't like international,football,when we were in the lower divisions.
You don't get English, Italians, French saying it either. Is it just some of our fans?

International football on 19:53 - Mar 5 with 3173 viewsDewi1jack

I love International breaks.

Allows me to book holidays abroad around the FIFA calendar (published upto about 2022) in Sept /Oct/ November/ March/ April and work the holiday so I don't miss a Swans game

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

International football on 20:01 - Mar 5 with 3160 viewsexiledclaseboy

I love a World Cup/Euros. International breaks are fine as long as they have meaningful games and not pointless friendlies. Don’t really get the club before country thing personally. There’s no conflict. Watching Wales at the Euros was a footballing highlight for me and I never left the house of pub. More of that please.

Poll: Tory leader

International football on 20:03 - Mar 5 with 3157 viewsNeath_Jack

International football on 19:33 - Mar 5 by builthjack

2 totally different things, club football and international football. I love both. I follow the Swans and Wales.
We never had anyone saying they didn't like international,football,when we were in the lower divisions.
You don't get English, Italians, French saying it either. Is it just some of our fans?

You never asked the right people when we were in the lower divisions then. Wales football has always been second to club football for me and my mates. We did dabble with Wales in the late 80's for a short while, but that's about it.

Following Wales has only become fashionable in the last ten years or so. Always want Wales to win, and that's in any sport or competition.

Plenty of English say club before country as well, i'd say the majority of fans anyway, going by the numerous polls on the subject that pop up.

International football on 20:08 - Mar 5 with 3151 viewsbuilthjack

We differ. I enjoy the travel, the whole atmosphere of games abroad, as well,as at home. So do my mates. Usually loads of us go. Similar to watching the Swans abroad as we did in 2013.
I am a proud Welshman who follows the Swans and Wales.

International football on 20:16 - Mar 5 with 3127 viewspencoedjack

International football on 20:03 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

You never asked the right people when we were in the lower divisions then. Wales football has always been second to club football for me and my mates. We did dabble with Wales in the late 80's for a short while, but that's about it.

Following Wales has only become fashionable in the last ten years or so. Always want Wales to win, and that's in any sport or competition.

Plenty of English say club before country as well, i'd say the majority of fans anyway, going by the numerous polls on the subject that pop up.

Same for me dabbled in the 80s done a couple of Euro games in France, neither come close to trips to Valencia Malmo & Naples with the Swans

& that’s remains the same when Wales are good & Swans shite & vice versa
International football on 20:17 - Mar 5 with 3125 viewsLeonWasGod

International football on 19:33 - Mar 5 by builthjack

I’m English and don’t give a monkeys about international football (or supporting England anyway). I’ll quite happily watch any football, but wouldn’t miss ‘my’ international team if they were disbanded tomorrow. I did enjoy Wales’ run in the Euros though, largely because of the Swans connections.

Plenty of us English put club well before country. Building up England then knocking them down is a national passtime.
International football on 20:17 - Mar 5 with 3127 viewsNeath_Jack

International football on 20:08 - Mar 5 by builthjack

We differ. I enjoy the travel, the whole atmosphere of games abroad, as well,as at home. So do my mates. Usually loads of us go. Similar to watching the Swans abroad as we did in 2013.
I am a proud Welshman who follows the Swans and Wales.

Indeed we do differ, as do many, many others. Some will agree, some won't.

My main problem is that i cannot bring myself to be in the company of ccfc fans at a football match. Mix that with alcohol, and it doesn't end well. I am that bitter and twisted about them. Away from football and i've no problem with them at all. I have no problem with their city, in fact, it's slowly becoming a fantastic place. They still have terrible accents mind.

International football on 20:21 - Mar 5 with 3118 viewstrampie

International football on 20:17 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

My main problem is that i cannot bring myself to be in the company of ccfc fans at a football match. Mix that with alcohol, and it doesn't end well. I am that bitter and twisted about them. Away from football and i've no problem with them at all. I have no problem with their city, in fact, it's slowly becoming a fantastic place. They still have terrible accents mind.

Country first, club second.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

International football on 20:26 - Mar 5 with 3103 viewsbyron

International football on 20:17 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

This is an issue, is it why you and quite a few others never bothered following Wales much, even when we were both in the lower leagues? Too much bother? I’m not taking the piss either. I’ve had issues with my own fans at away games in the past, plenty have. There have always been squabbles between factions at Cardiff games.

Benny

International football on 20:30 - Mar 5 with 3088 viewsbuilthjack

I still,don't get the club v country thing. They are 2 different things.
As for mixing with Cardiff fans, unless they are tidy people I don't bother. Any w@nkers amongst them , I don't give the time of day to.
Having said that, I haven't seen any trouble at Wales games for many a year. And I go to most.

International football on 20:51 - Mar 5 with 3038 viewsJBT95

Does it have to be a choice?

My main thing is international football as everybody knows. It's a big part of me. There's no money involved and I think it's great.

When we beat Huddersfield in October I was very low after the ROI defeat, and I didn't take much pleasure from that Swansea win tbh.
International football on 21:46 - Mar 5 with 3006 viewsKilkennyjack

International football on 16:15 - Mar 5 by byron

And we all got on so well.....those were the days my friends

The French - and the Russians - loved the Welsh fans.

Tidy boys see.

Beware of the Risen People

International football on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 2992 viewsEasternJack

The new friendly competition format with Euro quals as a prize should help

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024