Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay 20:55 - Apr 10 with 7813 viewsdickythorpe

Used to be the old Toby Carvery. Popped in today and enjoyed. It's pricey , very pricey but really good quality.
There's also a fixed price menu that is pretty good value. There's also fish dishes as well.

Not sure how often I'd pop in but worth a visit especially if like me you aren't sure of the next time you'll be in that area.

Max, £4.75 a bottle of Ghostship!!!!!
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 19:36 - Apr 11 with 1859 viewslondonlisa2001

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 19:25 - Apr 11 by pikeypaul

Davies bakery shops around Swansea all list and sell a Cornish Pasty.
But all are made at the bottom of Townhill.
I will leave the boring Coonts to tell us legalities of that.

353 AFLI
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 19:28]

Never let the facts or legalities get in the way of your made up nonsense pikeypaul.

You must have been a wonderful policeman - a real credit to the force.
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 19:42 - Apr 11 with 1844 viewsJackfath

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8340861/Cornish-pasty-given-EU-protecte

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:03 - Apr 11 with 1816 viewspikeypaul

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 19:36 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

Never let the facts or legalities get in the way of your made up nonsense pikeypaul.

You must have been a wonderful policeman - a real credit to the force.

Policeman? Not me.

You are talking shite again love .
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 20:04]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:26 - Apr 11 with 1801 viewslondonlisa2001

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:03 - Apr 11 by pikeypaul

Policeman? Not me.

You are talking shite again love .
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 20:04]

Ah. Well many on here have described you as ex police and you've never corrected them.

It must be said, I can't describe how little I care one way or the other.
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:29 - Apr 11 with 1796 viewslondonlisa2001

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 19:42 - Apr 11 by Jackfath

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8340861/Cornish-pasty-given-EU-protecte

Stop it with your facts. It confuses pikeypaul.
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:33 - Apr 11 with 1791 viewsAmbergambler

Didn't know Toby Carvery had closed.

Not surprised really, last time we went there it was almost empty.

The chef looked pissed and kept dropping the Yorkshire puddings on the floor and kicking them. He had a good left foot on him to be fair!
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:37 - Apr 11 with 1779 viewsjack2jack

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:33 - Apr 11 by Ambergambler

Didn't know Toby Carvery had closed.

Not surprised really, last time we went there it was almost empty.

The chef looked pissed and kept dropping the Yorkshire puddings on the floor and kicking them. He had a good left foot on him to be fair!

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 21:06 - Apr 11 with 1746 viewspikeypaul

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 20:26 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

Ah. Well many on here have described you as ex police and you've never corrected them.

It must be said, I can't describe how little I care one way or the other.

Apology accepted.

Never once been called ex police so stop lying to cover your feck up.

Stop posting things you know nothing about.

353 AFLI

SIUYRB
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 21:12]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 21:54 - Apr 11 with 1709 viewsFieryJack

Not surprised about the location of this branch of Miller and Carter.

Doubt Port Tennant or Gors Avenue were on the shortlist.

Last year I was half tempted to try the M & C in Bedford until I saw the prices.

It didn't help that I'd recently got back from Lisbon, where I had the best steak of my life in one of their famous Mercados (large market/foodhalls). Prime fillet, beautifully cooked, on a slab of wood with a massive salad of red onion, rocket leaf and cherry tomato, drizzled in balsamic and accompanied by a mound of deep fried potato wedges, with coleslaw on the side - and a fine bottle of red (Duoro Vargosa).

Total price for this splendid meal, with a full bottle of red, was, in sterling, approx. 21 quid.

Reckon an equivalent meal in M & C would cost between 40 and 45.

F*ck 'em, as Darran would say.
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 23:46 - Apr 11 with 1653 viewslondonlisa2001

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 21:06 - Apr 11 by pikeypaul

Apology accepted.

Never once been called ex police so stop lying to cover your feck up.

Stop posting things you know nothing about.

353 AFLI

SIUYRB
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 21:12]

Yep you have, on quite a few occasions by more than one poster.

Go and have a look on your little counting thread.

And posting things you know nothing about doesn't stop you does it. As has been shown on this thread.
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 12:09 - Apr 12 with 1549 viewsProfessor

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 18:08 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

Is that protected too? I think Caerphilly cheese has just won it as well.

These protections are brilliant for smaller producers and for rural communities. Because otherwise everyone would end up losing out to the enormous commercial farming operations with tens of thousands of acres. And the food quality would suffer as we'd all be eating Caerphilly type cheese from God knows where and the traditional producers would be gone.

The difficulty for the Welsh Black is that it is the breed not the geographic status. You could apply for IGP for Welsh Beef but would be very restrictive if it defined it from a single breed.

So Aberdeen Angus has a reputation based on quality and breed certification-though certified Angus can have as little as 10% of the genetic background of a pure breed. Anyway, a small breed like the Welsh Black is much better.

American beef is a disgrace and rightly banned on public health grounds in the EU. There is a strong argument that it should be on animal welfare grounds too. British beef is a great product-get grass fed as tastes better and is what they are meant to eat. No hormones, no nasty chemicals. I am lucky in that I can but some great beef from the University Farm-a small Hereford herd is kept and one or two are slaughtered each year. Superb meat from animals who have been treated well.

In short-British, grass-fed and from a beef breed and you should have something worth having.
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 12:16 - Apr 12 with 1547 viewsJFSwan

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 21:54 - Apr 11 by FieryJack

Last year I was half tempted to try the M & C in Bedford until I saw the prices.

It didn't help that I'd recently got back from Lisbon, where I had the best steak of my life in one of their famous Mercados (large market/foodhalls). Prime fillet, beautifully cooked, on a slab of wood with a massive salad of red onion, rocket leaf and cherry tomato, drizzled in balsamic and accompanied by a mound of deep fried potato wedges, with coleslaw on the side - and a fine bottle of red (Duoro Vargosa).

Total price for this splendid meal, with a full bottle of red, was, in sterling, approx. 21 quid.

Or might be down to both brands being part of the same group
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 12:19 - Apr 12 with 1541 viewsjack247

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 21:54 - Apr 11 by FieryJack

I’ve weighed up the travel costs and the impact on my annual leave. It’s not worth me going to Lisbon to save £24
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 12:20 - Apr 12 with 1538 viewslondonlisa2001

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 12:09 - Apr 12 by Professor

The difficulty for the Welsh Black is that it is the breed not the geographic status. You could apply for IGP for Welsh Beef but would be very restrictive if it defined it from a single breed.

So Aberdeen Angus has a reputation based on quality and breed certification-though certified Angus can have as little as 10% of the genetic background of a pure breed. Anyway, a small breed like the Welsh Black is much better.

American beef is a disgrace and rightly banned on public health grounds in the EU. There is a strong argument that it should be on animal welfare grounds too. British beef is a great product-get grass fed as tastes better and is what they are meant to eat. No hormones, no nasty chemicals. I am lucky in that I can but some great beef from the University Farm-a small Hereford herd is kept and one or two are slaughtered each year. Superb meat from animals who have been treated well.

In short-British, grass-fed and from a beef breed and you should have something worth having.

There's an IGP for Welsh Beef in place.

Beef has to be born and reared in Wales to use the words Welsh Beef. Covers the whole of Wales. It doesn't restrict breed, but it means that any beef labelled as Welsh if it's not would break the restriction. So a butcher couldn't label beef as 'Welsh Black Beef' up not reared in Wales.
Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 18:38 - Apr 12 with 1452 viewsFieryJack

Miller and Carter steakhouse Killay on 12:19 - Apr 12 by jack247

I’ve weighed up the travel costs and the impact on my annual leave. It’s not worth me going to Lisbon to save £24

On the other hand - leave off eating steak in the UK for 50 weeks of the year, put away the steak money in a jar and use it to help fund a two week holiday in Lisbon, where you can visit the Mercados every night and eat top class fillet, lobster, crab and god knows what else, for half the UK price.

Simple.

Or slightly bonkers, maybe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024