Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad next season... 08:41 - May 9 with 6075 viewsomarjack

GK:Nordfeldt/Mulder
RB:Roberts/Naughton
CB:Van Der Hoorn/Amat?
CB:Bartley/?
LB:Olsson
CMF:Clucas/King
CMF:Carroll/Fulton
CMF:Fer/Mesa
AMF:?/Narsingh
RW/LW:Dyer/Routledge
CF:J.Ayew(please god)/Mcburnie

Sell:
Mawson:20 m
Baston:3 m?
Fernandez:5 m?
A.Ayew:12 m?
Fabianski:5 m?
Bony:free (just to rid of wages)
Ki:free
Rangel:free
Montero:free

TOTAL:45 m

we need an Attacking Midfielder and a back up CB..and a new winger wouldn't hurt.

do you think this squad can reach at least the Play offs next season? I think yes. The problem is that the same could be said about Stoke and West Brom..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Squad next season... on 11:34 - May 9 with 703 views34dfgdf54

Squad next season... on 11:04 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

It's ambitious to think that anyone would take him off our hands for a price we're happy with and willing to pay his ridiculous wages.

My biggest fear is NOT being able to get rid of A.Ayew, Bony, etc

Completely agree.

I think a promoted side would take a punt on Ayew, or maybe a team in France.

I can't see anyone wanting to touch Bony with a bargepole though, was a disaster signing, his body is shot to bits.
Squad next season... on 11:34 - May 9 with 701 viewsLegend83

Squad next season... on 11:33 - May 9 by Captain_Sham

Newcastle got 30m for Moussa Sissoko when they went down.

That sentence makes me laugh.
Squad next season... on 11:40 - May 9 with 684 viewsmagicdaps10

The issue is whether you look at it in a good or bad way is, our net spend is on a plus so any sale would be pure profit for the club.
This would mean that they would take less money than hey paid, could see Bony going for 5M or so.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Squad next season... on 11:43 - May 9 with 682 viewsandypitt56

Squad next season... on 11:40 - May 9 by magicdaps10

The issue is whether you look at it in a good or bad way is, our net spend is on a plus so any sale would be pure profit for the club.
This would mean that they would take less money than hey paid, could see Bony going for 5M or so.

Bony and A.Ayew will probably end up joining Gomis in turkey. I think the expectation for the championship should be mid table finish. There is no way this squad could bounce straight back. I think we need to get a new manager as well think I would have Sousa back over carvahal. Bring back the Swansea way.
Squad next season... on 11:54 - May 9 with 662 viewshobo

Squad next season... on 11:31 - May 9 by omarjack

Not when we are relegated.

Makes no difference. How much did we pay for Sam Clucas with 1 year left on his contract? 1 mediocre season in the Prem. 26 years old. And that's little Swansea paying millions for him. One of the top 6 will be in for Mawson and they should be made to pay through the nose to get their man
Squad next season... on 11:59 - May 9 with 655 viewsAngelRangelQS

Squad next season... on 11:43 - May 9 by andypitt56

Bony and A.Ayew will probably end up joining Gomis in turkey. I think the expectation for the championship should be mid table finish. There is no way this squad could bounce straight back. I think we need to get a new manager as well think I would have Sousa back over carvahal. Bring back the Swansea way.

I think the expectation needs to be a rebuild over a couple of seasons and whoever is brought in as manager (please not Carlos) should be guaranteed the full season to start putting that in motion.

If it means us fighting down the bottom then so be it. There's only so long you can keep papering over the cracks before the house falls down. A couple of rough seasons now may be the best thing for the club long term.

I know most will probably disagree with me but I'm more worried about what the impact of staying up will have on us than I am the impact of going down. If we stay up it'll be all smiles, job well done boys, 24 points in 1/2 a season, that's enough for a top half finish, all hail Huw and Carlos. Then we'll bring in a few more substandard players on huge wages and we'll be in the same position in 12 months time. Except we'll probably go down because we are edging closer and closer to that every season.

At least there may be some much needed and long overdue changes if we go down.
Squad next season... on 12:07 - May 9 with 647 viewsmidswan

Squad next season... on 11:04 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

It's ambitious to think that anyone would take him off our hands for a price we're happy with and willing to pay his ridiculous wages.

My biggest fear is NOT being able to get rid of A.Ayew, Bony, etc

Very much this, with bells on .
Squad next season... on 12:14 - May 9 with 630 viewsCaptain_Sham

Squad next season... on 11:59 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

I think the expectation needs to be a rebuild over a couple of seasons and whoever is brought in as manager (please not Carlos) should be guaranteed the full season to start putting that in motion.

If it means us fighting down the bottom then so be it. There's only so long you can keep papering over the cracks before the house falls down. A couple of rough seasons now may be the best thing for the club long term.

I know most will probably disagree with me but I'm more worried about what the impact of staying up will have on us than I am the impact of going down. If we stay up it'll be all smiles, job well done boys, 24 points in 1/2 a season, that's enough for a top half finish, all hail Huw and Carlos. Then we'll bring in a few more substandard players on huge wages and we'll be in the same position in 12 months time. Except we'll probably go down because we are edging closer and closer to that every season.

I agree with every single word.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Squad next season... on 12:14 - May 9 with 627 viewsJack_y_Jwc

£5m for Fab - I'd double that and more, he's in the top 5 GKs in the league if not the top3
Mawson is £30m+
Jordan is now £15m minimum
Andre Ayew is still probably £12m for someone

I'd sooner we promoted our U23s and be wise in the loan market just to consolidate in the Championship and push on in a few seasons.

I'm probably far too optimistic though

Squad next season... on 12:34 - May 9 with 606 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would even give Grimes a run out, he has steadied down since he has been playing regularly.
Squad next season... on 12:37 - May 9 with 599 viewsKGriz16

We haven't been been relegated. There's still hope and one more game to play. F*ck me mun
Squad next season... on 12:37 - May 9 with 597 viewsmagicdaps10

I just hope we dont go down the route of getting tried and tested champ players like Cameron Jerome, Lewis Grabban etc etc.

We need to be different from other clubs and not become another one like the rest.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Squad next season... on 13:01 - May 9 with 571 viewsGeoffThom

Squad next season... on 12:34 - May 9 by A_Fans_Dad

I would even give Grimes a run out, he has steadied down since he has been playing regularly.

Not a feckin chance he's done nothing he's another of the many recruitment mistakes bloody poor
Squad next season... on 13:15 - May 9 with 551 viewspencoedjack

Squad next season... on 11:59 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

Spot on

As I said in another thread if we stay up this season we are just delaying the inevitable.

The football has been awful for 3 seasons, as has the whole match day experience (especially at home games )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024