Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hidden BBC 4 10:33 - Jun 11 with 3626 viewsmoonie

So, a slow burner or a boring ,depressing load of Shute

Those north Wales villages look pretty forlorn and it's tough to earn a living there for sure.

I fell asleep half way through. Is it worth watching the end of it

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:57 - Jun 11 with 3602 viewstaffpunk

Didn't think much of it last week, but going to give it another go tonight, see if it picks up.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Hidden BBC 4 on 11:05 - Jun 11 with 3588 viewsmoonie

Thanks.
Might save an hour out of my life and avoid the rest.

I actually recognise those locations and it's pretty grim on those estates in middle of nowhere. Scenery doesn't feed a family unless you have a hotel or other business for tourists .

Trampie should give thanks so many English visitors are prepared to put money into the economy

Took the kids camping there when they were young and twas the worst weekend of my life, Swans aside.

Welsh English though is a good observation as many things in Welsh are not translatable.

Thanks for the head up.

Hinterland was far better
Hidden BBC 4 on 14:58 - Jun 11 with 3519 viewsPegojack

As an aside, is that hairy bloke who plays the pervy young stone mason the only available welsh actor under 30? He's in every feckin thing.
Hidden BBC 4 on 15:25 - Jun 11 with 3498 viewsBadlands

After the dire 'Hinterland' (there's only so many times I can watch car drive the same 100 yards somewhere between Aberystwyth and Devil's Bridge) I'm not sure I'll even give this a try.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hidden BBC 4 on 20:22 - Jun 11 with 3399 viewsdickythorpe

It's on BBC 1 Wales at 9pm on a Wednesday. Where have BBC 4 moved inspector Montalbano?
Hidden BBC 4 on 21:10 - Jun 11 with 3373 viewsAguycalledJack

I watched the Welsh Language version earlier in the year and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Hidden BBC 4 on 09:07 - Jun 14 with 3245 viewstaffpunk

Watched the 2nd episode last night-absolute garbage.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Hidden BBC 4 on 09:43 - Jun 14 with 3210 viewsdickythorpe

Didn't feel interested enough in it to watch second episode. Looks very drawn out and boring.
Login to get fewer ads

Hidden BBC 4 on 09:52 - Jun 14 with 3201 viewsmoonie

Dicky. Felt. Felt the same which is a shame as I wanted to like it.

Montelbano. . Just lol.

Buon Giornata
Hidden BBC 4 on 10:10 - Jun 14 with 3187 viewsBobby_Fischer

Go outside and enjoy the world you idiots

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:38 - Jun 14 with 3150 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hidden BBC 4 on 15:25 - Jun 11 by Badlands

After the dire 'Hinterland' (there's only so many times I can watch car drive the same 100 yards somewhere between Aberystwyth and Devil's Bridge) I'm not sure I'll even give this a try.

Hinterland was excellent and the Chldrens Home / Devils Bridge thingy was the central point of the whole series.
'Keeping Faith' was excellent as well although the producer was obviously perving over the leading lady.
Can't take to this latest offering though. It is a bleak prortrayal of Wales as usual and I am sure there will be some twists. The problem is none of the characters are very likeable so you end up not giving a sh!t what happens to them. Slow burner maybe but it needs to perk up.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 10:49]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:44 - Jun 14 with 3142 viewsBobby_Fischer

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:38 - Jun 14 by Private_Partz

Hinterland was excellent and the Chldrens Home / Devils Bridge thingy was the central point of the whole series.
'Keeping Faith' was excellent as well although the producer was obviously perving over the leading lady.
Can't take to this latest offering though. It is a bleak prortrayal of Wales as usual and I am sure there will be some twists. The problem is none of the characters are very likeable so you end up not giving a sh!t what happens to them. Slow burner maybe but it needs to perk up.

Hinterland was excellent, although I might be biased as I worked on that. It was big in America too

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:53 - Jun 14 with 3119 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:44 - Jun 14 by Bobby_Fischer

Hinterland was excellent, although I might be biased as I worked on that. It was big in America too

Intriguing. Sounds like you have an interesting job Bob ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:56 - Jun 14 with 3105 viewsBobby_Fischer

Hidden BBC 4 on 10:53 - Jun 14 by Private_Partz

Intriguing. Sounds like you have an interesting job Bob ;-)

I don’t earn much but love my job.

Hidden BBC 4 on 11:01 - Jun 14 with 3099 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Nothing wrong with perving over Eve Myles, Partzy.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hidden BBC 4 on 19:17 - Jun 14 with 3007 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hidden BBC 4 on 11:01 - Jun 14 by Joe_bradshaw

Nothing wrong with perving over Eve Myles, Partzy.

I wasn't complaining. Merely pointing it out ;-)

Hidden BBC 4 on 21:41 - Jun 16 with 2903 viewsPegojack

I've just given up on it and gone to bed. Yawn....
Hidden BBC 4 on 22:08 - Jun 16 with 2885 viewsdickythorpe

Feck me it's slow! Missus made me.watch it on sky plus. Can't wait for.episode 3
Hidden BBC 4 on 22:14 - Jun 16 with 2880 viewsSwanseajill

Why is it almost all filmed in the dark?

I can only guess it's a saving for decent backdrop. Shadows are much cheaper.
Hidden BBC 4 on 22:19 - Jun 16 with 2874 viewsdickythorpe

Also the lead women is seen smoking a lot.....it.must be filmed out of Wales then? I thought there were smoking laws that.forbid smoking on Welsh film sets
Hidden BBC 4 on 00:11 - Jun 17 with 2839 viewsSearching4RobertF

Absolute gash.
Hidden BBC 4 on 09:48 - Jun 17 with 2775 viewsBadlands

Hidden BBC 4 on 22:14 - Jun 16 by Swanseajill

Why is it almost all filmed in the dark?

I can only guess it's a saving for decent backdrop. Shadows are much cheaper.

North Wales is like that.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hidden BBC 4 on 09:55 - Jun 17 with 2770 viewsmoonie

...hang on a minute .
Hidden BBC 4 on 19:49 - Jun 19 with 2668 viewsKilkennyjack

Really enjoyed all 3 series.

Well done all the marvellous welsh talent that created them.

Watch them all - and enjoy.

Beware of the Risen People

Hidden BBC 4 on 21:26 - Jun 19 with 2635 viewsFieryJack

Stop moaning about it being slow.

You must have the attention span of a gnat or something similar.

Do you prefer Janet & John books or Ulysses?

Rambo or 2001: Space Odyssey

To me, it's atmospheric. And the landscape is lovely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024