Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... 14:10 - Jun 18 with 6347 viewsSwanjaxs

Just need some players now
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-heading-germany-and-austria
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 14:12]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 14:19 - Jun 18 with 4132 viewsLeonWasGod

Genuinely surprised we're not heading off to the States again.
Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 14:24 - Jun 18 with 4115 viewskarnataka

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 14:19 - Jun 18 by LeonWasGod

Genuinely surprised we're not heading off to the States again.

States would probably too expensive on air fares now we're no longer a Prem club and have to watch the pennies, unlike Huw.
Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 14:29 - Jun 18 with 4092 viewsSmellyplumz

In other news Swansea strengthen ties with low cost players... Hmm I mean vans.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 14:31 - Jun 18 with 4081 viewsSwanjaxs

Playing two decent clubs in the German tournament I suppose instead of playing some team from the American minor league's just to keep our "brand" expanding.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 15:52 - Jun 18 with 3873 viewsSwan91

This should give us more of a challenge and a realistic look of what our squad looks like against pretty decent opposition!
Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 16:06 - Jun 18 with 3827 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 15:52 - Jun 18 by Swan91

This should give us more of a challenge and a realistic look of what our squad looks like against pretty decent opposition!

We always lose our pre season games anyway.
Gives fans something extra to freak out over, ignoring the fact it's August & players are not match fit!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 16:59 - Jun 18 with 3711 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 14:24 - Jun 18 by karnataka

States would probably too expensive on air fares now we're no longer a Prem club and have to watch the pennies, unlike Huw.

Also, no point in promoting the brand in the USA anymore, since Championship TV exposure is very limited. Only diehards who are already on board and willing to jump through more hoops to follow the club will remain.

I'm pretty confident that 95% of the existing Stateside Jacks (as we pretty much officially call ourselves, now) will remain defiantly loyal, but our time of growth is at an end.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 18:07 - Jun 18 with 3596 viewsSwansea93

When do the players go back for pre season?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 19:03 - Jun 18 with 3520 viewsyescomeon

Did we play Genoa last pre-season?

Upthecity!

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 19:05 - Jun 18 with 3515 viewsRevJames

The Kufstein Arena is in a lovely part of Austria.

About an hour from Salzburg, hour and a half from Munich Airport and a short train ride from some stunning mountain scenery
Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 19:16 - Jun 18 with 3485 viewsPolskijack

About 4 hours for me to Magdeburg so a trip looks likely
Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:09 - Jun 18 with 3395 viewsBadlands

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 19:16 - Jun 18 by Polskijack

About 4 hours for me to Magdeburg so a trip looks likely

Munich to Kufstein about 2 hours by train?
Thinking of going and meeting with some friends.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:14 - Jun 18 with 3390 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 14:31 - Jun 18 by Swanjaxs

Playing two decent clubs in the German tournament I suppose instead of playing some team from the American minor league's just to keep our "brand" expanding.

I think so. This is quite encouraging.
We will be playing some decent opposition this time. Should help us to hit the ground running.
Now let's strengthen this squad pdq so that these matches help us to prepare rather than dithering until the last minute leaving Potter to work out his best 11 in real time.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:17 - Jun 18 with 3380 viewsDarran

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:14 - Jun 18 by Private_Partz

I think so. This is quite encouraging.
We will be playing some decent opposition this time. Should help us to hit the ground running.
Now let's strengthen this squad pdq so that these matches help us to prepare rather than dithering until the last minute leaving Potter to work out his best 11 in real time.

I don’t want to sound rude here Partzy but what you’ve posted is complete and utter bollox.

A meaningless pre-season friendly will have no bearing on our seasons start whatsoever.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:21 - Jun 18 with 3367 viewsmoonie

Less travel.More opposition
Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:23 - Jun 18 with 3367 viewsSwanjaxs

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:17 - Jun 18 by Darran

I don’t want to sound rude here Partzy but what you’ve posted is complete and utter bollox.

A meaningless pre-season friendly will have no bearing on our seasons start whatsoever.

Disagree, look at the bigger picture, a training camp in Germany/Austria with games against decent opposition is better than a brand promoting exercise across the pond imho, the results in the friendly games is of course meaningless but seems like a good move to me
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 20:25]

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:28 - Jun 18 with 3347 viewsDarran

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:23 - Jun 18 by Swanjaxs

Disagree, look at the bigger picture, a training camp in Germany/Austria with games against decent opposition is better than a brand promoting exercise across the pond imho, the results in the friendly games is of course meaningless but seems like a good move to me

Nah.

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:29 - Jun 18 with 3344 viewsSwanjaxs

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:28 - Jun 18 by Darran

Nah.

Fair enough

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:33 - Jun 18 with 3334 viewsPrivate_Partz

Don't agree. You need to hit the ground running and play some decent opposition to get players up to match fitness.
To do this you need the vast majority of your squad in place.
To take your view to a logical conclusion we might as well abandon friendlies and sign players as and when we need them. Maybe the odd game against Ragged School? We then turn up in the first day of the season completely unprepared.
This round robin tournament is a step up from our usual pre season preparations. I hope we get the players in soon and get a decent team in for a match at the Liberty as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:34 - Jun 18 with 3329 viewsDarran

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:33 - Jun 18 by Private_Partz

Don't agree. You need to hit the ground running and play some decent opposition to get players up to match fitness.
To do this you need the vast majority of your squad in place.
To take your view to a logical conclusion we might as well abandon friendlies and sign players as and when we need them. Maybe the odd game against Ragged School? We then turn up in the first day of the season completely unprepared.
This round robin tournament is a step up from our usual pre season preparations. I hope we get the players in soon and get a decent team in for a match at the Liberty as well.

Nonsense.

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:35 - Jun 18 with 3328 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:23 - Jun 18 by Swanjaxs

Spot on. Don't know where the Hell he is going with his one ;-)
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 20:38]

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:37 - Jun 18 with 3320 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:34 - Jun 18 by Darran

Nonsense.

Not much to go on there ;-) Just agree to disagree then.......Unless you want to expand on what your perfect pre season preparation would be.

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:40 - Jun 18 with 3310 viewsDarran

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:37 - Jun 18 by Private_Partz

Not much to go on there ;-) Just agree to disagree then.......Unless you want to expand on what your perfect pre season preparation would be.

There’s no such thing. We won’t even play our best team in the games.

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:52 - Jun 18 with 3280 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 20:40 - Jun 18 by Darran

There’s no such thing. We won’t even play our best team in the games.

I don't get your viewpoint at all. We certainly won't play our best team if we haven't signed the players.
Frankie and Clem had that problem. The work they put in during preseason was rendered partially useless as we did not have our full squad together.
In friendlies players try to impress a a manager to get in the first team. The manager can look at his squad and experiment.
The final match really should be a very close representation of his final line up.
To do that we need to get the full squad signed up in the main. There will always be late signings but selling our best players and bringing others in close to the start of the season can mean we drop costly points at the start. I don't but into the view that early games don't matter. Of course they do.

Pre Season ... Germany are Austria then... on 22:44 - Jun 18 with 3105 viewsone_upmanship

I don’t want to sound rude here Darren but what you’ve posted is complete and utter bollox.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024