Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters from Eire 16:46 - Jul 8 with 2850 viewsGeoffThom

Reading the thread on McLean makes me wonder why we don’t have many Irish fans?
Especially from the south area cork and sourounding areas ,as technically we were the nearest prem club ,or even efl club to them as the crow flies🤔🤔
Supporters from Eire on 16:47 - Jul 8 with 2167 viewsraynor94

They all support Man U or Liverpool

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Supporters from Eire on 16:52 - Jul 8 with 2144 viewspeenemunde

Is that the reason we don’t have many English fans too, with all the anti England threads.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 16:52]
Supporters from Eire on 17:03 - Jul 8 with 2100 viewsmagicdaps10

They're happy watching that gaelic football junk.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Supporters from Eire on 18:05 - Jul 8 with 1995 viewsjacktar

Supporters from Eire on 17:03 - Jul 8 by magicdaps10

They're happy watching that gaelic football junk.

They do like a bit of rugby too.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Supporters from Eire on 18:25 - Jul 8 with 1948 viewssainthelens

Supporters from Eire on 16:52 - Jul 8 by peenemunde

Is that the reason we don’t have many English fans too, with all the anti England threads.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 16:52]

No..the reason is they read your posts and don't wanna be associated with it.
Supporters from Eire on 18:37 - Jul 8 with 1922 viewsirishswan546

Supporters from Eire on 16:47 - Jul 8 by raynor94

They all support Man U or Liverpool

Not all of us do as I only support swansea in soccer even in league two but most support who their father supported, mine supported utd but I wanted to go with different choice.
Supporters from Eire on 18:48 - Jul 8 with 1887 viewsPrivate_Partz

As a top flight side there would have been opportunities but expansion of the ground would have been needed.
The demise of the Swansea Cork ferry did not help either.
That ship has virtually sailed.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 19:17]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Supporters from Eire on 20:02 - Jul 8 with 1777 viewsKilkennyjack

Supporters from Eire on 18:48 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

As a top flight side there would have been opportunities but expansion of the ground would have been needed.

Yes - say an expanded ground, say the swansea-cork ferry, say nice new hotels in Swansea city deal, its a winner.

Our commercial department are more focused on flashing red adverts for local funeral directors in our faces rather than seeing these type of things.

Rosslaire to Fishguard ferry also works.

Interesting thread.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters from Eire on 23:41 - Jul 8 with 1629 viewsBadlands

A few years ago I was on a training course with a lot of people from RoI & NI. The first night was heavily political with a three NI IRA 'sympathisers' giving it the works.
Next night to lighten things some of the group started talking about football.
It turned out the NI IRA 'sympathisers' almost came to blows over their personal support for Manchester United, Liverpool and Celtic!

(On leaving the pub one of the group from Dublin, a RoI Catholic, turned to me and muttered ..., 'Would you want to be reunited with a***holes like that?'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Supporters from Eire on 00:01 - Jul 9 with 1617 viewsKilkennyjack

Supporters from Eire on 23:41 - Jul 8 by Badlands

A few years ago I was on a training course with a lot of people from RoI & NI. The first night was heavily political with a three NI IRA 'sympathisers' giving it the works.
Next night to lighten things some of the group started talking about football.
It turned out the NI IRA 'sympathisers' almost came to blows over their personal support for Manchester United, Liverpool and Celtic!

(On leaving the pub one of the group from Dublin, a RoI Catholic, turned to me and muttered ..., 'Would you want to be reunited with a***holes like that?'

Arseholes everywhere. I mean look at the DUP views ffs.

A united Ireland is a good thing, and is inevitable after Brexit.

☘️🇪🇺 🇮🇪

Beware of the Risen People

Supporters from Eire on 00:11 - Jul 9 with 1606 viewsDarran

Well it was only in 2000 when the Swans went on a tour of Eire so I don’t expect many of today’s fans know that but we were out there and went to all three games Waterford FC,Cobh Ramblers and Cork City,we were also I invited to go to every training session and met many Irish people that loved Swansea City. We actually met a family from Cork that we kept in touch with and sent programmes to but we lost touch with them when we moved.

When we turned up at the last game Cork City John Hollins (he was our manager at the time for newbies) came over and asked if I was driving. I said no so he said get the family on the team coach after the game because we are all going back to the pub.
When we go there he gathered everyone together (players/staff) and told them they’d all worked so hard (it was boiling out there) that for one night they needed to get on it. 🍺
I was absolutely bladdered then Hollins comes over late in the night and says come on we’re going back to the hotel.
It was me the wife and the two kids,we get back to the hotel and was bonkers. Then the wife gave me the eye that said “we’ve got two young kids here and you’ve had a binfull” so we phoned a taxi.

Great times.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Supporters from Eire on 00:35 - Jul 9 with 1598 viewsHumpty

Supporters from Eire on 00:11 - Jul 9 by Darran

Well it was only in 2000 when the Swans went on a tour of Eire so I don’t expect many of today’s fans know that but we were out there and went to all three games Waterford FC,Cobh Ramblers and Cork City,we were also I invited to go to every training session and met many Irish people that loved Swansea City. We actually met a family from Cork that we kept in touch with and sent programmes to but we lost touch with them when we moved.

When we turned up at the last game Cork City John Hollins (he was our manager at the time for newbies) came over and asked if I was driving. I said no so he said get the family on the team coach after the game because we are all going back to the pub.
When we go there he gathered everyone together (players/staff) and told them they’d all worked so hard (it was boiling out there) that for one night they needed to get on it. 🍺
I was absolutely bladdered then Hollins comes over late in the night and says come on we’re going back to the hotel.
It was me the wife and the two kids,we get back to the hotel and was bonkers. Then the wife gave me the eye that said “we’ve got two young kids here and you’ve had a binfull” so we phoned a taxi.

Great times.

Did you go to Ireland on a Swans pre-season tour Darr?

You should've said.
Supporters from Eire on 00:38 - Jul 9 with 1598 viewsirishswan546

Great times.

Great story Darran, glad to hear you had great experience over here in Ireland. We have allot of time for the Welsh as most are very like ourselves and having lived in both countries they are very similar, would be great to see more links between Swansea & League of Ireland teams during preseason, though our league is not great to be honest though allot of decent players recently have made it back to the Pl & EFL so it is improving slightly.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 0:39]
Supporters from Eire on 00:44 - Jul 9 with 1586 viewsDarran

Supporters from Eire on 00:35 - Jul 9 by Humpty

Did you go to Ireland on a Swans pre-season tour Darr?

You should've said.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned it that much have I?

Supporters from Eire on 00:46 - Jul 9 with 1590 viewsHumpty

Supporters from Eire on 00:44 - Jul 9 by Darran

I don’t think I’ve mentioned it that much have I?

Heh. Sorry. Only joking.

A few times, yeah.
Supporters from Eire on 00:52 - Jul 9 with 1579 viewsDarran

Supporters from Eire on 00:46 - Jul 9 by Humpty

Heh. Sorry. Only joking.

A few times, yeah.

No I haven’t unless you’ve got proof of course.

Supporters from Eire on 00:55 - Jul 9 with 1580 viewsHumpty

Supporters from Eire on 00:52 - Jul 9 by Darran

No I haven’t unless you’ve got proof of course.

Ok then.

You haven't.
Supporters from Eire on 01:05 - Jul 9 with 1562 viewsDarran

Supporters from Eire on 00:55 - Jul 9 by Humpty

Ok then.

You haven't.

I might have once before.

Fuçk off.

Supporters from Eire on 01:25 - Jul 9 with 1553 viewsHumpty

Supporters from Eire on 01:05 - Jul 9 by Darran

I might have once before.

Fuçk off.

Ok.
Supporters from Eire on 01:32 - Jul 9 with 1550 viewsLoyal

Supporters from Eire on 18:48 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

I met quite a few in their 50's jn Cork a few years back, they all followed swansea because of the easy access as it was then by ferry. They reckon it all started from the toshack era but most then went from Rosslaire.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Supporters from Eire on 09:51 - Jul 9 with 1395 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Supporters from Eire on 00:01 - Jul 9 by Kilkennyjack

Arseholes everywhere. I mean look at the DUP views ffs.

A united Ireland is a good thing, and is inevitable after Brexit.

☘️🇪🇺 🇮🇪

Hardly a good thing if the majority in NI want to remain in the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Supporters from Eire on 10:45 - Jul 9 with 1339 viewsirishswan546

Supporters from Eire on 09:51 - Jul 9 by felixstowe_jack

Hardly a good thing if the majority in NI want to remain in the UK.

Plus not all of the Republic of Ireland would want a United Ireland either. Also a large chunk of people would only want it under very certain circumstances stances that I'm not sure the UK government would agree too.
Supporters from Eire on 11:15 - Jul 9 with 1315 views1983

Great times.

Amazing story

Supporters from Eire on 14:58 - Jul 9 with 1205 viewsmoonie

Could we arrange a Swansea version of the Fields of Athanrye
Supporters from Eire on 15:29 - Jul 9 with 1175 viewsLoyal

Great times.

Steve Jones enjoyed that night I recall.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024