Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lol..I give up. 10:38 - Jul 24 with 8191 viewsomarjack

They actually want to charge people extra 3 pounds so they can stick "Low Cost Vans" on their asses.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/shirt-sponsor-logo-update

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

lol..I give up. on 10:52 - Jul 24 with 5442 viewsBlasterJack

Makes you fcking sick.

You wonder if the club could become anymore out of touch with the fans, then this.

Money grabbing cretins.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

lol..I give up. on 11:02 - Jul 24 with 5382 viewsjack247

Football shirts are massively overpriced as it is.

I’ve often thought clubs would be better off just churning them out for £20 or whatever and benefiting from the ‘advertising’ of the city’s streets being flooded with them and the psychological benefit to the players of playing in front of a crowd that looks a lot more partisan.

I know Newcastle don’t do it, but to create a fraction of what they have at home games would surely outweigh the short term benefits of a few thousand shirt sales.

Edit - speaking generally. I know our clowns need every penny they can get at the moment.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 11:03]
lol..I give up. on 11:13 - Jul 24 with 5341 viewsJinxy

I can't honestly imagine why anyone would want the Swans Uni logo on a shirt - especially if it is optional to do so - then pay £3 for the privilege! Seems commercially daft to me or am I missing something.
lol..I give up. on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 5309 viewsmoonie

You re not and it is jinkx

Just remember who s running our commercial department although it's a travesty to use that description
lol..I give up. on 11:18 - Jul 24 with 5301 viewsBlasterJack

lol..I give up. on 11:13 - Jul 24 by Jinxy

I can't honestly imagine why anyone would want the Swans Uni logo on a shirt - especially if it is optional to do so - then pay £3 for the privilege! Seems commercially daft to me or am I missing something.

I'm assuming they are hoping that the pester power of the kids will put a few more dollars in the till.
People are stupid enough to pay it I suppose, but that's not the point.
I really hate football at the moment
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 11:20]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

lol..I give up. on 11:33 - Jul 24 with 5228 viewsJinxy

Ah once the season starts we'll get behind the team and move all this rubbish to one side eh. I can't somehow see a play off final type queue at the Liberty (if it is in fact still called that) of fans desperately trying to take leave of their hard earned 3 pound coins for this. Next up, a totally dissatisfied Swans Uni who instead of guessing that fans don't really value any association with them, will see the evidence in that blank space on the back of 99.99999% of the shirts!

Also, do the players have to pay the £3 too before they set foot on the pitch?!

It's not April 1st is it?
lol..I give up. on 12:12 - Jul 24 with 5080 viewsjasper_T

Weren't people complaining the other day that the uni logo wouldn't be on the shirts they'd already bought? £3 parts and labour to stick it on sounds fine for the few people who actually care and weren't just looking for more excuses to moan.
lol..I give up. on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 4986 viewsSwan91

I actually like the Swansea university logo on the shirt and when i get a shirt (will be getting one when i come back to the u.k next week) I might include it. low cost vans can go to hell though.

It says it is optional, so I don't see what the fuss is.... don't like it then don't add it. Would be worse if it wasn't optional and they just put the price up anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

lol..I give up. on 12:36 - Jul 24 with 4966 viewsjack247

lol..I give up. on 12:12 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

Weren't people complaining the other day that the uni logo wouldn't be on the shirts they'd already bought? £3 parts and labour to stick it on sounds fine for the few people who actually care and weren't just looking for more excuses to moan.

Probably missed a lot of this as I don’t buy replica shirts, but why hadn’t sponsorship deals been agreed and logos added before the shirts were produced?
lol..I give up. on 12:42 - Jul 24 with 4927 viewsSwan91

lol..I give up. on 12:36 - Jul 24 by jack247

Probably missed a lot of this as I don’t buy replica shirts, but why hadn’t sponsorship deals been agreed and logos added before the shirts were produced?

I also missed it aswell... it is too bad Swansea University couldn't be our main tshirt logo in the front.. would look much better than the betting site logo.
lol..I give up. on 12:52 - Jul 24 with 4855 viewsMrSwansea

I am sure this is for shirts already purchased.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

lol..I give up. on 12:55 - Jul 24 with 4822 viewsjack247

lol..I give up. on 12:52 - Jul 24 by MrSwansea

I am sure this is for shirts already purchased.

But why were shirt/shorts sponsorship deals agreed after going on sale?
lol..I give up. on 12:57 - Jul 24 with 4802 viewsBillyChong

So £6 to add a sponsor to your top and shorts? You couldn’t make this stuff up. The club continues to lose the plot.
lol..I give up. on 12:58 - Jul 24 with 4799 viewsAndyNak

Can I pay to have low cost vans on one butt cheek and Swansea uni on the other?

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

lol..I give up. on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 4792 viewsMrSwansea

lol..I give up. on 12:55 - Jul 24 by jack247

But why were shirt/shorts sponsorship deals agreed after going on sale?

Who knows. Here is a list of possible reasons...

1. The uni did not want the sponsorship deal, then the shirts were created/printed and sold. The uni regretted their decision and struck a deal. The swans thought more money - great. How do we offer the fans a way of getting the shirt like the match day at a cheap price, the price of a small coffee at starbucks.
2. The deal took longer to strike and the swans didn't want fans complaining about the shirts not being ready.
3. The deal was started and struck after the making/printing of the shirts.

Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

lol..I give up. on 13:06 - Jul 24 with 4753 viewsjack247

lol..I give up. on 12:59 - Jul 24 by MrSwansea

Who knows. Here is a list of possible reasons...

1. The uni did not want the sponsorship deal, then the shirts were created/printed and sold. The uni regretted their decision and struck a deal. The swans thought more money - great. How do we offer the fans a way of getting the shirt like the match day at a cheap price, the price of a small coffee at starbucks.
2. The deal took longer to strike and the swans didn't want fans complaining about the shirts not being ready.
3. The deal was started and struck after the making/printing of the shirts.

Here are another two

1. Incompetence
2. Cynical greed
lol..I give up. on 13:08 - Jul 24 with 4729 viewsjasper_T

lol..I give up. on 13:06 - Jul 24 by jack247

Here are another two

1. Incompetence
2. Cynical greed

The idea that the club should have stopped pursuing a deal with Swansea Uni because the replica shirts had already been released is laughable.
lol..I give up. on 13:16 - Jul 24 with 4687 viewsjack247

lol..I give up. on 13:08 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

The idea that the club should have stopped pursuing a deal with Swansea Uni because the replica shirts had already been released is laughable.

Absolutely. They should have got the deal over the line beforehand and not put themselves in this farcical position. This looks bad on the club and bad on the Uni who aren’t likely to feature on many replica shirts. Do you think the season starting came as a surprise to either of them?

The article isn’t really clear as to whether new shirts will include it or it will be an optional extra. I assume they’ll just be on it.
lol..I give up. on 13:21 - Jul 24 with 4658 viewsBarrySwan

More to the point.

Are Swansea University actually giving money to the Football club?

If so I'll be slightly annoyeed to say the least. I don't pay my income and other taxes to support the education system in this country to see a university handing over funds to a commercial, privately owned football club paying it's staff thousands of pounds a week.

Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!
lol..I give up. on 13:53 - Jul 24 with 4571 viewsWillSwans

Every clubs at it fortunately/unfortunately. Fortunately in that it's not just us ripping off fans, unfortunately in that this is the state that football has got to.

I have family who live out in Germany and for a FC Koln top (Bundesliga 2 team, kit made by Uhlsport) it costs 80 euros, with the choice of paying extra for a sponsor on the arm.
lol..I give up. on 13:57 - Jul 24 with 4551 viewsSwan91

lol..I give up. on 13:21 - Jul 24 by BarrySwan

More to the point.

If so I'll be slightly annoyeed to say the least. I don't pay my income and other taxes to support the education system in this country to see a university handing over funds to a commercial, privately owned football club paying it's staff thousands of pounds a week.

So would you be annoyed with their signs in the stadium, their promotion on websites and social media, the signs in the streets? that money is also going to those.... if anything the swansea shirt would be better than most of the other ways of advertising I have mentioned above.. many young people will watch Championship games and cup games including many people who are still considering university... very big reach for them.

you expect a business to give the university free advertising... bad business model.
lol..I give up. on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 4508 viewsWillSwans

Bring back "Monster Munch"
lol..I give up. on 14:12 - Jul 24 with 4489 viewsjasper_T

lol..I give up. on 13:21 - Jul 24 by BarrySwan

More to the point.

Universities are commercial enterprises themselves. The cost of it these days compared to when I went is obscene.
lol..I give up. on 14:21 - Jul 24 with 4453 viewsMrSwansea

lol..I give up. on 13:06 - Jul 24 by jack247

Here are another two

1. Incompetence
2. Cynical greed

So you think it is greedy for the Swans to venture out into the market to gain more sponsorship? It probably is greed but I want the swans management to be greedy in an attempt to benefit the clubs coffers. Don't you?

Incompetence, could be. Could be anything.

Why has this issue made you so angry? I really dont understand it.

lol..I give up. on 14:26 - Jul 24 with 4432 viewsBlasterJack

lol..I give up. on 14:21 - Jul 24 by MrSwansea

So you think it is greedy for the Swans to venture out into the market to gain more sponsorship? It probably is greed but I want the swans management to be greedy in an attempt to benefit the clubs coffers. Don't you?

Incompetence, could be. Could be anything.

Why has this issue made you so angry? I really dont understand it.

I don't think that anyone is against the club gaining more commercial sponsorship, more so the fact they are attempting to charge an additional £3 to have a small piece of plastic heat sealed onto an already overpriced bit of tat.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 14:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024