Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea vs SD Eibar 15:11 - Jul 24 with 31083 viewsSwan91

Game is tonight right??

now that we don't have to split the teams into 2 I would like to see this team starting:

------------------Nordvelt-------------
Roberts----Amat-----VDH--------Naughton
-------------Caroll------Fulton-----------
Asoro------------Dhanda-----------Monterro
----------------Mcburnie-------------------

subs: Mulder, Rodon, Grimes J.Ayew, A.Ayew, Narsingh, Routledge

Either Naughton (or maybe try Routledge) as LB.

I want to see Mcburnie feature more to help teamwork and getting used to working with the wingers. See if Monterro and Asoro can do decent crosses and passes for Mcburnie. Mayeb change Monterro for Narsingh.

If A.Ayew is anywhere near to leaving then he shouldn't feature.. but if it is just all speculation then I would like to see him come on in the second half.. and see how he links up with the wingers.
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:41 - Jul 24 with 3401 viewspencoedjack

To save me reading 6 pages can someone give a decent summary?
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:45 - Jul 24 with 3378 viewsWAFU

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:41 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

We r shit
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:51 - Jul 24 with 3313 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:24 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

We've got Olsson and the new lad that Potter doesn't seem to have wanted. Including Grimes we've got 6 players in the squad that have experience playing at left back.

So we’ve got Olsson then. Please don’t start on this ‘Clucas can play at left back’ sort of nonsense. Nordfelt could play there, but he’d be sh*t too. Square pegs and round holes. The only round peg is Olsson and he was poor last year.

I don’t hold much truck with pre-season friendlies though, so let’s just hope we can be competitive in this league. I’m yet to be convinced, but happy to wait it out and see. It’ll get ugly quickly if we don’t pick up a couple of decent results in the first 5/6 games.
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:53 - Jul 24 with 3300 viewsjack2jack

We played the ball around ok in patches, mid field light weight, nowt up front.
Last 12 minutes were better.Dan James had a few good touches.
Carrol was Carrol, can't be arsed to be honest.
Hope that's ok👍
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:56 - Jul 24 with 3262 views34dfgdf54

My opinion hasn’t changed. We need to spend in midfield. Make the deals happen ASAP for the Ayew’s, Mawson and Fede, and reinvest.

Centre half.
Two centre midfielders
Striker

Otherwise it’s a relegation battle
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:57 - Jul 24 with 3256 viewsWarwickHunt

No midfield. Who knew?
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:08 - Jul 24 with 3144 viewspencoedjack

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:53 - Jul 24 by jack2jack

We played the ball around ok in patches, mid field light weight, nowt up front.
Last 12 minutes were better.Dan James had a few good touches.
Carrol was Carrol, can't be arsed to be honest.
Hope that's ok👍

Ta 👍
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:13 - Jul 24 with 3099 viewsLoyal

Jesus fcking Christ that was bad.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:21 - Jul 24 with 3040 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:13 - Jul 24 by Loyal

Jesus fcking Christ that was bad.

How bad exactly from a scale from 1 to 10?

Van Zweden seems bizarrely optimistic and out of step with reality (maybe just desperate to get his PL travel club back?), tweeted 3 hrs back.

QUOTE: "When #montero and #bony stay fit this season, we will be ok. @SwansOfficial. Soon we will Be back @premierleague !!!"

Make of that what you will Jack Army and supporters!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:23]

Argus!

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:21 - Jul 24 with 3029 viewsexiledclaseboy

Did we lose?

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:23 - Jul 24 with 3005 viewsjack2jack

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:21 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Did we lose?

Yes 2-1
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:25 - Jul 24 with 2985 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:23 - Jul 24 by jack2jack

Yes 2-1

Oh. Meh. Pre season.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:25 - Jul 24 with 2981 viewsjack2jack

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:21 - Jul 24 by Wingstandwood

How bad exactly from a scale from 1 to 10?

Van Zweden seems bizarrely optimistic and out of step with reality (maybe just desperate to get his PL travel club back?), tweeted 3 hrs back.

QUOTE: "When #montero and #bony stay fit this season, we will be ok. @SwansOfficial. Soon we will Be back @premierleague !!!"

Make of that what you will Jack Army and supporters!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:23]

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 23:04 - Jul 24 with 2616 viewsDJack

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:57 - Jul 24 by WarwickHunt

No midfield. Who knew?

The 27+ speculators and Huw but they are too busy counting their cash.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 23:05 - Jul 24 with 2612 viewsBadlands

Disappointed in so many ways .
Don't expect Ferr back any day soon. He was limping whenever he was walking.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 23:19 - Jul 24 with 2561 viewsSmellyplumz

Gash mk2

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 00:20 - Jul 25 with 2469 viewsmahoss

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 20:41 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

We looked OK in patches,passed the ball around nicely for the first 15 mins but as usual didn't create anything of note.
We seem to have gone back to playing out from the keeper,nearly got caught a couple of times,Nordfeldt looks dodgy to me when we do this.
Midfield,I don't know,doesn't look strong enough.
Mc Burnie up front,not for me I'm afraid,tried hard but hasn't got the quality needed.

Eibar are a decent side I suppose (so we,ve been told) hard to tell.
If we go into the season with that side,we,ll struggle,depends what quality players stay and who we sign !
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 13:27 - Jul 25 with 2208 viewsandypitt56

Looks like they see Jeff as a key player for this season, they are ready to tailor his training sessions to ensure he is fit all season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44955210
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 14:03 - Jul 25 with 2161 viewsJohnw102

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 00:20 - Jul 25 by mahoss

We looked OK in patches,passed the ball around nicely for the first 15 mins but as usual didn't create anything of note.
We seem to have gone back to playing out from the keeper,nearly got caught a couple of times,Nordfeldt looks dodgy to me when we do this.
Midfield,I don't know,doesn't look strong enough.
Mc Burnie up front,not for me I'm afraid,tried hard but hasn't got the quality needed.

Eibar are a decent side I suppose (so we,ve been told) hard to tell.
If we go into the season with that side,we,ll struggle,depends what quality players stay and who we sign !

Thought Dan James looked good when he came on, one for the future. Will probably get hammered for this but I think Amat could be a good DM player, in the absence of another candidate. Need a striker. Dhanda looks a good addition, rumours Asoro out injured, pity.. CB is a problem only VDH certain to be here start of season, unless we use KN26 as a CB, not ideal in my opinion. Need Fer back asap, sorry Matt Grimes is not the answer at the moment. Plenty of wingers at the club that could do well in the Championship,. One or to additions to the squad of Championship standard players and I see us being top half team with outside chance of play-offs. Looking forward to a season where we have something to play for other than PL survival. COYS!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 16:03 - Jul 25 with 2036 viewsCaptain_Sham

We lost 2-1, in a friendly, to a La Liga side, so naturally the sky is falling in.

Its just a ride.

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 17:41 - Jul 25 with 1958 viewsperplex

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 13:27 - Jul 25 by andypitt56

Looks like they see Jeff as a key player for this season, they are ready to tailor his training sessions to ensure he is fit all season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44955210

Will do his hamstring in one of the first 4 games and spend the next few months recovering.
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 17:42 - Jul 25 with 1955 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 21:25 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Oh. Meh. Pre season.

I feel the same about friendlies, but I had the pleasure of watching this as I was on a train back to London between 6 and 8.

We were bloody awful.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 18:06]
Swansea vs SD Eibar on 23:11 - Jul 25 with 1829 viewsDJack

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 17:42 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

I feel the same about friendlies, but I had the pleasure of watching this as I was on a train back to London between 6 and 8.

We were bloody awful.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 18:06]

"We were bloody awful."

...sounds familiar.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 00:11 - Jul 26 with 1806 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 17:31 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

Like I’ve said, all about opinions, I think you’re seriously underestimating the task on hand next year. Fulton and Carroll together would be eaten up for me.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 17:33]

Yes its a big worry.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea vs SD Eibar on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 1678 viewsBadlands

Not long back and had time to think about the game - worrying.
I understand Potter is without players, has injuries and the likes of Mawson not travelling (Why? Was he expecting to be gone by now?)
I could see what he was trying to achieve but we looked like what we are - a group of players who don't know each other and are being given unfamiliar roles or moved around. (Routledge centre midfield earlier on the tour, left wing v Eibar.); Grimes at left back; Carroll on the field of play.
While there were two outstanding passages of play (one in each half) and a few examples of good passing movements overall skill and awareness were lacking. By far the most skilful ball play came from Curtis in the warm up.)
It was only when the under 23s were on together was there any discernible understanding - the problem then was we were too lightweight.

On the night, on a poor surface & given it was a decent LaLiga side ...
Neither goalkeeper seems ready to play out effectively as de Vries or Vorm used to
Connor - right wing back had a very poor game with passes going astray too often
Van der Hoorn - normally so good has yet to find an understanding with Amat
Amat - played like an individual (good in some parts but needs time with a settled back 3/4/5)
Grimes - sorry if he has family or friends reading, but he had a shocker.
Carroll - was Carroll, please someone buy him.
Routledge - isolated but made a few runs and did better when he moved inside.
Montero - two or three attacks where he turned defenders inside out a decent shot then was knocked and was rubbing his thighs a lot.
Dhanda - lightweight, played some decent passes but did get caught out a lot. Is he ready for big boy football? Not convinced.
Fulton - was he on the pitch? Really and truly I had difficulty noticing him.
Oli - what is there to say? I hope it isn't a case of having got a contract he's relaxing. I expected far more given his scoring record on loan but on the night he wasn't in the game. Most annoying was the number of times he was caught offside or in an offside position and putting himself out of play.
I'm sure part of the reason the performance was so lacking was the chopping and changing Potter has done to get to know what combinations might work and not knowing who to persevere with until the squad is settled (apparently a lot clearer by next Monday or Tuesday!!)
Dyer came on and had no effect,
Daniel James made an impact as did Joe Rondon and Maric just slipped into position like he'd been there for years. It maybe the kids will have to step up.

Why were five players with no involvement sat on a touchline bench for 2 hours?
Naughty step?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024