Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 12:24 - Aug 6 with 43659 viewsSWANSEYE

BREAKING NEWS on SKY NOW . . .
Sam Clucas’ proposed move from Swansea to Burnley has fallen through, Sky Sports News understands.
An £8m move had been agreed between the two clubs, but the player has failed to agree personal terms.

He obviously went for the money and it's backfired so now we should surely back the Manager and go and get Woods anyway as he looks a quality player. i still we need another Striker too as we need firepower this Season as it will make all the difference to where we end up .
Clucas on 17:20 - Aug 6 with 3193 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Clucas on 16:58 - Aug 6 by awayjack

Clucas as a striker - seriously?

He showed some good finishing ability last season. He is dangerous when he is in the box and has supply. I can imagine him getting on the end of Montero's crosses and Celina's through balls.

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Clucas on 17:21 - Aug 6 with 3184 viewsjasper_T

Clucas on 17:20 - Aug 6 by bringbacklaudrup

He showed some good finishing ability last season. He is dangerous when he is in the box and has supply. I can imagine him getting on the end of Montero's crosses and Celina's through balls.

Did you only watch the Arsenal game by chance?
Clucas on 17:27 - Aug 6 with 3108 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Clucas on 17:21 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

Did you only watch the Arsenal game by chance?

He has 6 goals and 9 assists in 47 appearances in the Championship while playing as a midfielder. Those are good numbers, and it was easy to see that he is a confident finisher.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 17:29]

Clucas on 17:42 - Aug 6 with 2991 viewsjasper_T

Clucas on 17:27 - Aug 6 by bringbacklaudrup

He has 6 goals and 9 assists in 47 appearances in the Championship while playing as a midfielder. Those are good numbers, and it was easy to see that he is a confident finisher.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 17:29]

Last season he looked a poor finisher except for the games against Arsenal.
Clucas on 18:11 - Aug 6 with 2826 viewslondonlisa2001

I notice that every single media outlet has now reported that the deal collapsed due to wage demands.

Imagine my surprise.
Clucas on 18:27 - Aug 6 with 2728 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Clucas on 17:42 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

Last season he looked a poor finisher except for the games against Arsenal.

Last year, he was being played in a position ill-suited to him until Carvalhal arrived. Nevertheless, it is not so easy to say he is a poor finisher when he has scored 6 goals on only 61 shots at the Premier League level. The fact that he was involved in goal in more than a third of his appearances at Championship level is a better indication of what he can do given a system suited to him. When given some freedom and space, Clucas has shown he is a dangerous player.

Clucas on 18:32 - Aug 6 with 2695 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 18:27 - Aug 6 by bringbacklaudrup

Last year, he was being played in a position ill-suited to him until Carvalhal arrived. Nevertheless, it is not so easy to say he is a poor finisher when he has scored 6 goals on only 61 shots at the Premier League level. The fact that he was involved in goal in more than a third of his appearances at Championship level is a better indication of what he can do given a system suited to him. When given some freedom and space, Clucas has shown he is a dangerous player.

Clucas wants to leave the club,

The club want Clucas to leave the club

Clucas will leave the club unless we monumentally foul up the situation.
Clucas on 18:44 - Aug 6 with 2613 viewsDrizzy

Honestly can't wait for him to leave just to spare the endless debate over his utterly average ability.

He's got a great engine and can make the odd intelligent run forward. Somewhat comfortable on the ball but can't play a killer pass. Useful PL squad player because of his versatility. That's it. We're in desperate need of a holding midfielder and we tried him there last season, he was sh*t.

Nothing personal and unfair that he came to symbolise our lazy desperate transfer policy. More than a handful of good performances may have changed that, mind.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 2574 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clucas on 18:44 - Aug 6 by Drizzy

Honestly can't wait for him to leave just to spare the endless debate over his utterly average ability.

He's got a great engine and can make the odd intelligent run forward. Somewhat comfortable on the ball but can't play a killer pass. Useful PL squad player because of his versatility. That's it. We're in desperate need of a holding midfielder and we tried him there last season, he was sh*t.

Nothing personal and unfair that he came to symbolise our lazy desperate transfer policy. More than a handful of good performances may have changed that, mind.

He'd suit Cardiff down to the ground. Average but very energetic.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Clucas on 18:49 - Aug 6 with 2568 viewsCaptain_Sham

Clucas on 18:32 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

"Clucas will leave the club unless we monumentally foul up the situation"

Translation - " if he doesn't leave I'm going to blame the club, whatever the reason".
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 18:49]

Its just a ride.

Clucas on 18:57 - Aug 6 with 2518 viewsWingstandwood

I do wonder if it will be via the least preferred option i.e. getting loaned out like brother-Ayew?

Argus!

Clucas on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 2495 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 18:49 - Aug 6 by Captain_Sham

"Clucas will leave the club unless we monumentally foul up the situation"

Translation - " if he doesn't leave I'm going to blame the club, whatever the reason".
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 18:49]

Nope. I’m just pointing out something has gone very wrong if he’s still here in September.

The reason is already known. We spent far too much money on a player with average ability and an over inflated opinion of that ability.

If you think that can be anyone’s fault other than ‘the club’ I’m struggling to see who. Doesn’t mean that it will be their fault this week, but their fault it is and they won’t have been able to correct it even partially.
Clucas on 19:12 - Aug 6 with 2411 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 19:03 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

Nope. I’m just pointing out something has gone very wrong if he’s still here in September.

The reason is already known. We spent far too much money on a player with average ability and an over inflated opinion of that ability.

If you think that can be anyone’s fault other than ‘the club’ I’m struggling to see who. Doesn’t mean that it will be their fault this week, but their fault it is and they won’t have been able to correct it even partially.

Lisa, this really isn't called for.

We read enough crap on this site from idiots only too willing to knock the Club at any given chance, do we really have to read stuff like that from someone on the Trust?

We spent a bit more than about 4 other clubs wanted to last season. We did it because we thought he may just have brought that energy to our midfield. It didn't work out for him for various reasons but one of the biggest, for me, was the poison directed at him by our so called fans, and why, because we did pay over the odd's for him and he was the player bought with the Siggy money.

He's now of interest to several other Premier league club's so knocking him or the club is just a bit cheap

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 2346 viewsSmellyplumz

He's shite, just give him away. Ginger tw@t.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clucas on 19:21 - Aug 6 with 2314 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 19:12 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

We read enough crap on this site from idiots only too willing to knock the Club at any given chance, do we really have to read stuff like that from someone on the Trust?

We spent a bit more than about 4 other clubs wanted to last season. We did it because we thought he may just have brought that energy to our midfield. It didn't work out for him for various reasons but one of the biggest, for me, was the poison directed at him by our so called fans, and why, because we did pay over the odd's for him and he was the player bought with the Siggy money.

He's now of interest to several other Premier league club's so knocking him or the club is just a bit cheap

If you are saying that anyone who has anything to do with the Trust can’t criticise player movements over the past few years, I’m confused Chris.

Player movements have caused us a real headache. The Trust has said so. Jenkins has said so. The Americans have said so. Potter has said so.

You can’t just refuse to acknowledge poor purchases. Otherwise why acknowledge good purchases (Mawson, for example).

The players being brought in this summer look (on admittedly limited evidence) like a breath of fresh air. Great stuff. But we only learn from the past by admitting mistakes. Clucas was a mistake.

I don’t know, but I suspect Clucas was the sort of player that showed up nicely on that money ball bloke’s spreadsheet. Thankfully we don’t seem to hear much about him anymore as I suspect Potter’s recruitment guy knows more than some American with a computer programme.
Clucas on 19:39 - Aug 6 with 2202 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 19:21 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

If you are saying that anyone who has anything to do with the Trust can’t criticise player movements over the past few years, I’m confused Chris.

Player movements have caused us a real headache. The Trust has said so. Jenkins has said so. The Americans have said so. Potter has said so.

You can’t just refuse to acknowledge poor purchases. Otherwise why acknowledge good purchases (Mawson, for example).

The players being brought in this summer look (on admittedly limited evidence) like a breath of fresh air. Great stuff. But we only learn from the past by admitting mistakes. Clucas was a mistake.

I don’t know, but I suspect Clucas was the sort of player that showed up nicely on that money ball bloke’s spreadsheet. Thankfully we don’t seem to hear much about him anymore as I suspect Potter’s recruitment guy knows more than some American with a computer programme.

So we can say that transfers even themselves out, some we win, some we don't.

We don't have to knock the player and the Club every time.one doesn't come off.

And it certainly wouldn't be a monumental fack up if he's still here, because he's got a right to leave on terms suitable to him.

He's not a bad player and we've been a bad fit at the wrong time.

Why can't we just start changing our mindsets towards our football club because carrying on with the comments and the bad feeling will only hinder us, and it's doubly worse coming from someone like you.

We've got all sorts on this site making all sorts of crap up and passing it off as fact. We've got some crackpot on the other thread thinking the Americans have already taken us for 100m and no doubt he'll have people believing him.

Make this a new day, a new dawn and we'll all benefit.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Clucas on 19:42 - Aug 6 with 2174 viewsDafyddHuw

I honestly don't know why you bother justifying yourself to him, Lis.

He's just a me,me tvvat, and you're just feeding his desperation for attention.
Clucas on 19:42 - Aug 6 with 2171 viewsjack2jack

Clucas on 19:18 - Aug 6 by Smellyplumz

He's shite, just give him away. Ginger tw@t.

Made me laff, fair play.😂
Clucas on 19:53 - Aug 6 with 2089 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 19:39 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

So we can say that transfers even themselves out, some we win, some we don't.

We don't have to knock the player and the Club every time.one doesn't come off.

And it certainly wouldn't be a monumental fack up if he's still here, because he's got a right to leave on terms suitable to him.

He's not a bad player and we've been a bad fit at the wrong time.

Why can't we just start changing our mindsets towards our football club because carrying on with the comments and the bad feeling will only hinder us, and it's doubly worse coming from someone like you.

We've got all sorts on this site making all sorts of crap up and passing it off as fact. We've got some crackpot on the other thread thinking the Americans have already taken us for 100m and no doubt he'll have people believing him.

Make this a new day, a new dawn and we'll all benefit.

They haven’t evened themselves out though have they. Hence the change in transfer strategy now,

It will be a monumental foul up if he’s here because the club want him out.
Clucas on 20:27 - Aug 6 with 1967 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 19:53 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

They haven’t evened themselves out though have they. Hence the change in transfer strategy now,

It will be a monumental foul up if he’s here because the club want him out.

So if the Club wants him out and he won't go, how is that a monumental foul up? It's clearly out of the club's hands FFS.

And I'd say they have evened themselves out with what we've received over the last few years.

Or if not, it wouldn't be far off.

Clucas on 20:33 - Aug 6 with 1913 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And this coming from the fella that called Llorente "a wardrobe"!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Clucas on 20:35 - Aug 6 with 1896 viewsbermudajack

Nail hit firmly on the head 🤨🔨 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Clucas on 20:37 - Aug 6 with 1882 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 20:33 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

And this coming from the fella that called Llorente "a wardrobe"!

You'll never, ever see me ganging up on a player everyone slates.

I didn't like Wardrobe, I thought he was as stiff as board but others liked him. He was popular.

My posts relating to his lack of ability were never likely to cause him to be Boo'd coming on or going off. And giving a critique on a player does not constitute the witch hunt bullying we see on some of our targeted players.

Clucas on 20:38 - Aug 6 with 1878 viewsAl_Bundy

Clucas on 19:12 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Lisa makes a good reasoned point. You struggle with anybody who doesn't share your views....
Clucas on 20:44 - Aug 6 with 1825 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 20:38 - Aug 6 by Al_Bundy

Lisa makes a good reasoned point. You struggle with anybody who doesn't share your views....

By struggle you mean respond with my concerns?

Err, yes, anyone on here that doesn't do that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024