Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betrayed by Huw and board again 13:52 - Aug 9 with 15077 viewsmagicdaps10

The end is nigh.

These yanks will have the club on the market soon.

I just hope Potter and what he has left can pull together this season.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:44 - Aug 9 with 1717 viewsDaggyjack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:05 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Must say I find the savage culling of the old squad that seems to be in progress highly encouraging for the long term future of the club.

I really didn't think Jenkins had the management balls to take the butchers knife to the organisation like he appears to be doing, especially given what must have been the bitter disappointment over the sale prices so far agreed.

Easy to fall into depression and lethargy under those circumstances but he appears to be powering though with a plan. I am actually more than a little impressed.

I agree with your point on the long term future but we have a game or two in the next few weeks with one recognised CB and one striker.
Poor planning.
I made a point a few days ago that these players would leave so we should forward plan knowing what was likely to happen.
The board just didn't do that and for a few weeks now, we will be struggling and praying that there are no injuries.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:45 - Aug 9 with 1708 viewsAguycalledJack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:30 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Have you any conception of the amount of management time and attention required to keep all those transfer balls in the air at the same time?

The level of Jenkins salary means he’s paid to do it.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:49 - Aug 9 with 1684 viewsleebracey

Anyone can spend 90 million on incredibly bad/crocked players.
Anyone can illegally sign off minutes of meetings without others present.
Anyone can admit their position is untenable if relegated.

I suggest you take your tongue out of Huw's arse, and stop insulting fans who are hurting far more than you will ever know.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:56 - Aug 9 with 1642 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:36 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Not ‘at’ anywhere. Worked with them though, a couple of times. And Alix. And Alvarez. And PWC, KPMG etc. etc.

That comment raises far more questions than it answers.

But as organisational restructuring shops go, only one of the names you list is top tier, and that's McKinsey.

Not that I think they are very good.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:59 - Aug 9 with 1615 viewsjacksfullaces

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:44 - Aug 9 by Daggyjack

I agree with your point on the long term future but we have a game or two in the next few weeks with one recognised CB and one striker.
Poor planning.
I made a point a few days ago that these players would leave so we should forward plan knowing what was likely to happen.
The board just didn't do that and for a few weeks now, we will be struggling and praying that there are no injuries.

there never seems to be any sort of planning / vision for the club with the exception of appointing a manager that is felt can do something in the moment or build longer term. (the former has has limited success, the latter not at all since rodgers)

it is really not clear how the last few transfer windows have supported any sort of obvious plan. surely businesses have a plan a and a plan b. we just seem to operate in the moment, and never appear to do it very well.

obviously there is some massive readjustment at championship level and that isn't all that difficult to understand. what were the last statements from the senior managers at the club, does the activity today back those proclamations? what were they again?
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:00 - Aug 9 with 1608 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:44 - Aug 9 by Daggyjack

Poor planning.

The various deadlines are staggered though.

To close sales to domestic rivals that deadline was today, leaving some time to get cover sorted out subsequently.

You simply have to prioritise when there is so much to be done.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:00 - Aug 9 with 1602 viewsHeadmaster

Someone mentioned Alan Curtis' son has been tweeting; here it is:

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:09 - Aug 9 with 1549 viewsBillyChong

They’ve had a couple of months to sort transfers out
Login to get fewer ads

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:12 - Aug 9 with 1540 viewsclloy2

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:05 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Must say I find the savage culling of the old squad that seems to be in progress highly encouraging for the long term future of the club.

I really didn't think Jenkins had the management balls to take the butchers knife to the organisation like he appears to be doing, especially given what must have been the bitter disappointment over the sale prices so far agreed.

Easy to fall into depression and lethargy under those circumstances but he appears to be powering though with a plan. I am actually more than a little impressed.

Yes don't have an issue with that, its the fact that we haven't looked to strengthen anywhere near well enough.
Couldn't find 500k to get Woods over the line which was a Potter target, after all the money that has been wasted in recent seasons. This is still the championship, it's not league 2 yet.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:18 - Aug 9 with 1505 viewsclloy2

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 15:16 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

That’s not what’s happening though.

We aren’t sacking people. We are agreeing to let them go out on loan or sale to other clubs when the6 want to leave.

Clubs that are better placed than we are.

Doesn’t need a callous bastard to do that. The callous bastard would say stay and play unless we get the right deal and the right replacement and I don’t care if you sulk.

I don't see any sacking- what I see is gross incompetence or miss management on a huge scale. Buying poor/bang average players for top dollar and then selling them for 50% of the initial investment or at worse loaning them out, because surprise surprise- no one in their right mind will pay a sensible fee
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 1479 viewsicecoldjack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:27 - Aug 9 by Shaky

I haven't totted up the latest departures, but you undoubtedly meam cash-flow, not profit.

And the key point it that the club started the transfer window with probably around £85 million in debt.

If we use your number they are still in the hole to the tune of £43 million. That's still a lot, but although individual players have not achieved the sort of prices hoped for, the scale of the debt reduction is actually quite impressive.

And is in fact within 10% of what i said should be the target a couple of months ago.

That makes me feel so much better..

How can Jenkins and Co. actually be allowed to spend so much money on so many bad deals is the main point for me, they knew where they picked the club up from and knew how bad things were before and yet there was not a scrap of consideration or careful planning and scouting of these players, with the safe gaurd of protecting our future, remember the lying coont saying we'd never return to those dark days ?

Well, shifting 16/17 players and replacing them with pretty much zero is an extremely bold move, if potter digs them out of this one IMO he goes down as one of the greatest managers in recent history .

Still, not like we didn't know this would happen.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 1477 viewsAnotherJohn

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:17 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Not at McKinsey though?

Do you remember what happened when McKinsey Associates gave us their blueprint for the NHS? I think you have shot your bolt on this old son.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:28 - Aug 9 with 1469 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:56 - Aug 9 by Shaky

That comment raises far more questions than it answers.

But as organisational restructuring shops go, only one of the names you list is top tier, and that's McKinsey.

Not that I think they are very good.

In financial restructuring (which is my area) they are by far the worst of the names listed...
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:31 - Aug 9 with 1448 viewsFlashberryjack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:20 - Aug 9 by longlostjack

So how much has been raised by player sales now? Add that to the parachute payment for this season less expenditure to date. What does that leave? We’ve clearly reduced the wage bill massively. Fecking massaging the figures for the sales prospectus that’s what the batards are doing.

Who the f*ck is going to buy us now ? we've just been relegated from one of the richest leagues in the world, we've sold/loaned most of our better players, the clubs finances are in turmoil, we're saddled with around £300,000 PA to rent our stadium (instead of the peppercorn rent we were paying the council)

Yes the club does look like an ideal investment prospect for some f*cking halfwit.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:31 - Aug 9 with 1441 viewsMrSwerve

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:00 - Aug 9 by Headmaster

Someone mentioned Alan Curtis' son has been tweeting; here it is:

I bet Alan is delighted that his son is tweeting that about his employers...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:35 - Aug 9 with 1417 viewsclloy2

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:27 - Aug 9 by Shaky

I haven't totted up the latest departures, but you undoubtedly meam cash-flow, not profit.

And the key point it that the club started the transfer window with probably around £85 million in debt.

If we use your number they are still in the hole to the tune of £43 million. That's still a lot, but although individual players have not achieved the sort of prices hoped for, the scale of the debt reduction is actually quite impressive.

And is in fact within 10% of what i said should be the target a couple of months ago.

Cmon lets not forget the sale we were told was to enable the new owners (I won't call them investors) to take us to the next level, due to their global reach and greater finances. Now we are told they have actually got us in debt to the tune of £85m, whilst at the same time destroying a huge chunk of our asset base namely the playing squad.
You seem to want us to congratulate them for cleaning up the mess they created in the first place- or have i missed something
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:37 - Aug 9 with 1395 viewscwm02

Fernandez has joined Newcastle!
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 1368 viewsSomethingRandom

All the past 3 years have shown to me is that all and sundry can easily sell us shiite for exorbitant fees. It's then no wonder we can only sell the same shiite for tuppence. Other clubs seem far more street wise in the transfer market

Jog on, Kitty...

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:58 - Aug 9 with 1316 viewscwm02

Looks like Jordan Ayew is joining Crystal Palace

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:59 - Aug 9 with 1303 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:28 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

In financial restructuring (which is my area) they are by far the worst of the names listed...

Financial restructuring due to? Credit defaults?

Who are your clients?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:02 - Aug 9 with 1279 viewsicecoldjack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:58 - Aug 9 by cwm02

Looks like Jordan Ayew is joining Crystal Palace

So Andre is proud of him is he ? how about both of those coonts should be ashamed of themselves ? they hardly dug deep to save the club they professed undying love for did they? still, hopefully Andre actually scores a goal or two and we fook him off for good in January .

Imagine being proud for being relegated 2/3 seasons and thanking god for it too !

Football has gone upside down and i'm actually glad we are back in the trenches of reality, shame our club may crumble in the process but i can't stick people like this celebrating failiure like its the world cup !
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 19:05]
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:03 - Aug 9 with 1268 viewsKrisP

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:35 - Aug 9 by clloy2

Cmon lets not forget the sale we were told was to enable the new owners (I won't call them investors) to take us to the next level, due to their global reach and greater finances. Now we are told they have actually got us in debt to the tune of £85m, whilst at the same time destroying a huge chunk of our asset base namely the playing squad.
You seem to want us to congratulate them for cleaning up the mess they created in the first place- or have i missed something

Yes, you are missing the fact that it is Huw's mess that is currently being cleaned up.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:05 - Aug 9 with 1260 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:35 - Aug 9 by clloy2

No that is exactly right.

Jenkins got the club into this mess in the first place, although he was a victim of circumstances to a certain extent.

And now I am giving him some credit for taking what is clearly deeply unpopular action to try to put it right.

If it is indeed him pulling the strings.

And even if it isn't he could just as easily jump on the first plane to Spain and retire to a life of ease, leisure and sun. That is without doubt the easy option.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 19:07]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:05 - Aug 9 with 1260 viewscwm02

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:02 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

So Andre is proud of him is he ? how about both of those coonts should be ashamed of themselves ? they hardly dug deep to save the club they professed undying love for did they? still, hopefully Andre actually scores a goal or two and we fook him off for good in January .

Imagine being proud for being relegated 2/3 seasons and thanking god for it too !

Football has gone upside down and i'm actually glad we are back in the trenches of reality, shame our club may crumble in the process but i can't stick people like this celebrating failiure like its the world cup !
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 19:05]

I cannot understand for the life of me why we brought A.Ayew in the first place.

And I hope J.Ayew does go to Palace for his temper tantrum, unprofessional p***ks who refuse to train do not deserve to stay in this club.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:16 - Aug 9 with 1172 viewscwm02

Now it has been confirmed. J Ayew has joined Palace on a season-long loan. Wished it was permanent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024