Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread 16:38 - Aug 18 with 41270 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 1:33]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 21:56 - Aug 19 with 3749 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 21:28 - Aug 19 by monmouth

You should have a bit too much for us in our current incarnations, but it’s a funny old game. A draw would do me nicely. We had a better team both when we beat you at the lib in league 1 and the championship, that’s for sure. We never win at your place, although we incredibly nearly done Revies amazing team in 1970.

You coming down?

Yes I'll be at the game as I was in 2011 when the Swans battered us 3-0. Scott Sinclair ran us ragged & scored twice if my memory serves me right.
I remember that 1970 FA Cup game when we were very fortunate to win the game. With 15 minutes to go Allan Clarke said something to big Mel Nurse who promptly flattened Clarke. Nurse was sent off, Giles scored from the penalty spot then Mick Jones got the winner in the last few minutes when you were down to ten men.
Btw I pass through Monmouth on our regular visits to our good friends in Abergavenny
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 22:02]
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 19 with 3698 viewsbuilthjack

I have had a nose at Leeds forums. They are hoping Grimes starts for us. They think he's awful.
Hope he doesn't start.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 22:18 - Aug 19 with 3696 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 19 by builthjack

I have had a nose at Leeds forums. They are hoping Grimes starts for us. They think he's awful.
Hope he doesn't start.

Can't imagine that he would. Might be on the bench if Declan John still isn't fit?
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:13 - Aug 19 with 3649 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Second of 3 fixtures in 9 days, and a 46 fixture division, Swans surely have to make as many changes as we possibly can while still being somewhat competitive. Worst (and most worrisome) problem we have now is that McBurnie can't be one of them, unless Potter wants to try something crazy like Asoro at striker.

But surely McKay, and probably
Celina, Fulton, Carroll, Olssen, and Roberts need a day off, either Tuesday or Saturday.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:16 - Aug 19 with 3636 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:13 - Aug 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

Second of 3 fixtures in 9 days, and a 46 fixture division, Swans surely have to make as many changes as we possibly can while still being somewhat competitive. Worst (and most worrisome) problem we have now is that McBurnie can't be one of them, unless Potter wants to try something crazy like Asoro at striker.

Celina, Fulton, Carroll, Olssen, and Roberts need a day off, either Tuesday or Saturday.

lets see some of them put a shift in with some quality before we start giving them a day off
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:22 - Aug 19 with 3631 viewsjasper_T

How much rotation do Championship sides normally do? Playing twice a week is the norm down here.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 07:49 - Aug 20 with 3492 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:13 - Aug 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

A lot of the big European teams play more or less the same side in league and champions league games. So no different to them. Young fit players should be able to play twice a week.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 08:13 - Aug 20 with 3470 viewsSwansNZ

Must win game

Missed saying that, week after week.

1-2

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 09:39 - Aug 20 with 3400 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 07:49 - Aug 20 by builthjack

A lot of the big European teams play more or less the same side in league and champions league games. So no different to them. Young fit players should be able to play twice a week.

Agree Jack
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 09:41 - Aug 20 with 3393 views1964white

Nearly the goal of the season, if only Saiz had leathered the ball first time without taking a couple of touches.
Your ex-player much involved

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 09:50 - Aug 20 with 3377 viewsDarran

My friend used to play for Leeds.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:12 - Aug 20 with 3354 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 09:50 - Aug 20 by Darran

My friend used to play for Leeds.

Carl Harris?

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:14 - Aug 20 with 3346 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:12 - Aug 20 by builthjack

Carl Harris?

Yes.

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:21 - Aug 20 with 3332 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:14 - Aug 20 by Darran

Yes.

A tidy player in his time at Leeds, and after.

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:41 - Aug 20 with 3295 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:14 - Aug 20 by Darran

Yes.

Carl was a good footballer from when he joined us as a 17yo. Scored 26 goals in 150+ appearances whilst at ER. I believe he continued to play football into his 40's
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 12:33 - Aug 20 with 3176 viewsjasper_T

Pontus Jansen out for them.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 12:58 - Aug 20 with 3153 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 12:33 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Pontus Jansen out for them.

Only played two minutes added on time in our three championship matches this season
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 13:00]
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 13:06 - Aug 20 with 3130 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 10:41 - Aug 20 by 1964white

Carl was a good footballer from when he joined us as a 17yo. Scored 26 goals in 150+ appearances whilst at ER. I believe he continued to play football into his 40's

I’ll tell you something you probably don’t know.

Brian Clough said to Carl after he’d been at Leeds for a few weeks, “if I’d known you were at the club son I’d never have signed Duncan McKenzie.”

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 13:28 - Aug 20 with 3096 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 13:06 - Aug 20 by Darran

I’ll tell you something you probably don’t know.

Brian Clough said to Carl after he’d been at Leeds for a few weeks, “if I’d known you were at the club son I’d never have signed Duncan McKenzie.”

No I didn't know that Darran
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 13:29]
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 13:34 - Aug 20 with 3083 viewsjasper_T

Potter sounds full of cold in the press conference.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 17:30 - Aug 20 with 2879 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 13:34 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Potter sounds full of cold in the press conference.

Watched us play Leeds on 5 different occasions, 3 at home, which we won, and two away, which we lost.
. The first game was away in the FA cup in 1970 when we narrowly lost 2-1 to the great Revie side of that era. We were doing very well and went 1 up until Mel Nurse was sent off in the second half after clashing with Alan Clarke.
Interesting write up of that game attached.
http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/03-01-1970%20LUFC%20v%20Swansea%20Town.htm
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 17:41]
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 19:57 - Aug 20 with 2718 viewsMuteswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 17:30 - Aug 20 by lifelong

Watched us play Leeds on 5 different occasions, 3 at home, which we won, and two away, which we lost.
. The first game was away in the FA cup in 1970 when we narrowly lost 2-1 to the great Revie side of that era. We were doing very well and went 1 up until Mel Nurse was sent off in the second half after clashing with Alan Clarke.
Interesting write up of that game attached.
http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/03-01-1970%20LUFC%20v%20Swansea%20Town.htm
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 17:41]

I was at that cup game in 1970, and I seem to remember when the ref sent Mel off, he pulled his shirt up and showed the ref a great big mark on his chest where Clarke had kicked him. Saying that, he laid Clarke out a treat. Great day out that. Nine hours to get to Leeds in the coach. 🙄
We’re gonna struggle tomorrow.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 20:11 - Aug 20 with 2691 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 19:57 - Aug 20 by Muteswan

I was at that cup game in 1970, and I seem to remember when the ref sent Mel off, he pulled his shirt up and showed the ref a great big mark on his chest where Clarke had kicked him. Saying that, he laid Clarke out a treat. Great day out that. Nine hours to get to Leeds in the coach. 🙄
We’re gonna struggle tomorrow.

Quite a few of us went up there by train, it took forever getting back.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 20:20 - Aug 20 with 2684 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 20:11 - Aug 20 by lifelong

Quite a few of us went up there by train, it took forever getting back.

Tony Millington came back on the train with us.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 21:56 - Aug 20 with 2570 viewstwintownjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 20:20 - Aug 20 by theloneranger

Tony Millington came back on the train with us.

I remember the tension, watching Grandstand with text style updates, Dennis Lowe ( I think, Cpt. Mannering type)reported at the final score, couldn't help but laugh when his face appeared at the end though gutted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024