Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greed.... 20:37 - Sep 13 with 8361 viewsbonymine

The definition .......’intense desire for something, especially wealth, power or food’......

And that one word alone can wholly sum up the demise of OUR Football Club over the past 3/4 years I believe.

And I can relate to the actions of Messrs Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen, Van Zweden et al in ‘selling out’ on their individual stake in OUR Club (notwithstanding their previous boasts about being involved ‘by the fans for the fans’ ) .....say no more.

The similarities between the overriding, perpetual greed of the Sellouts as the gravy train known as the Premier League riches became more and more the ‘norm’ can be compared in my eyes to my recent divorce and the greed of my soon to be ex-wife.

We were married for 21 years yet in that time we moved from a 3 bedroom semi detached house to a 4 bedroom detached and ultimately to a 4 bedroom executive detached house in a small gated community. Yet she still she sought to seek further materialistic gains through adding on an indoor swimming pool and an orangery !!!

So coming back on topic here the question is posed.....’how much is enough’ in terms of monetary and materialistic values in life ??

It seems to me that the trappings of the PL and it’s incessant monetary riches ‘changed’ the personalities of the ‘former’ Swans fans on our Board and almost overnight they became money grabbing, power crazy people who had forgotten their roots ?? .....

Each to their own I guess but just my own observations.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 21:03]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Greed.... on 20:42 - Sep 13 with 4560 viewsItchySphincter

So money changes people then? Who’d of thunk it...

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Greed.... on 20:44 - Sep 13 with 4556 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 20:42 - Sep 13 by ItchySphincter

So money changes people then? Who’d of thunk it...

Sarcastic Kunt 🖕 F*ck You 👍

Greed.... on 20:50 - Sep 13 with 4535 viewsNookiejack

When someone builds a superyacht a couple of foot more than Joe Lewis’ superyacht - how does he then feel? I need to commission the building of a longer one?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6099629/amp/Homeow
Greed.... on 20:51 - Sep 13 with 4528 viewsOldjack

They say after you've made your first million the second ones easy ,in Treacherous Huws case it was a doddle

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Greed.... on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 4502 viewsNookiejack

Recognising the greed syndrome

What are the warning signs of uncontrolled greed?

Overly self-centered behaviour becomes the first give-away of greedy people. Greedy people are always saying “me, me, me” with very little regard for the needs and feelings of others.
Envy and greed are like twins. While greed is a strong desire for more and more possessions (such as wealth and power), envy goes one step further and includes a strong desire by greedy people for the possessions of others.
Greedy people lack empathy. Caring–being concerned about the feelings of others–is not part of their repertoire. As such, they have little qualms about causing pain to others. Their inability to empathise, their lack of genuine interest in the ideas and feelings of others, and their unwillingness to take personal responsibility for their behaviour and actions makes them very difficult people to be with.
They are never satisfied. Greedy people look at the world as a zero-sum-game. Instead of thinking that everyone would benefit as the pie gets larger, they view the pie as a constant and want to have the biggest part. They truly believe that they deserve more, even if it comes at someone else’s expense.
Greedy people are experts in manipulation. They are highly talented in taking credit for work done by others. They can be charming, but their principal agenda is to have people around them that feed their ego.
Greedy people are into the short run; they are focused on satiating their immediate needs and leave it to others to cope with the consequences. To illustrate, as leaders of corporations, they are more interested in getting their bonuses, instead of making investments for future innovation, or to share whatever benefits accrued with their employees.
In the pursuit of their material needs, they know no limits. Greedy people are not good at maintaining boundaries. They will compromise moral values and ethics to achieve their goals. They look for loopholes or clever ways to outsmart the rules and regulations that have been put into place to moderate this kind of behaviour.

Read more at https://knowledge.insead.edu/blog/insead-blog/seven-signs-of-the-greed-syndrome-
Greed.... on 20:59 - Sep 13 with 4496 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 20:58 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

Recognising the greed syndrome

What are the warning signs of uncontrolled greed?

Overly self-centered behaviour becomes the first give-away of greedy people. Greedy people are always saying “me, me, me” with very little regard for the needs and feelings of others.
Envy and greed are like twins. While greed is a strong desire for more and more possessions (such as wealth and power), envy goes one step further and includes a strong desire by greedy people for the possessions of others.
Greedy people lack empathy. Caring–being concerned about the feelings of others–is not part of their repertoire. As such, they have little qualms about causing pain to others. Their inability to empathise, their lack of genuine interest in the ideas and feelings of others, and their unwillingness to take personal responsibility for their behaviour and actions makes them very difficult people to be with.
They are never satisfied. Greedy people look at the world as a zero-sum-game. Instead of thinking that everyone would benefit as the pie gets larger, they view the pie as a constant and want to have the biggest part. They truly believe that they deserve more, even if it comes at someone else’s expense.
Greedy people are experts in manipulation. They are highly talented in taking credit for work done by others. They can be charming, but their principal agenda is to have people around them that feed their ego.
Greedy people are into the short run; they are focused on satiating their immediate needs and leave it to others to cope with the consequences. To illustrate, as leaders of corporations, they are more interested in getting their bonuses, instead of making investments for future innovation, or to share whatever benefits accrued with their employees.
In the pursuit of their material needs, they know no limits. Greedy people are not good at maintaining boundaries. They will compromise moral values and ethics to achieve their goals. They look for loopholes or clever ways to outsmart the rules and regulations that have been put into place to moderate this kind of behaviour.

Read more at https://knowledge.insead.edu/blog/insead-blog/seven-signs-of-the-greed-syndrome-

In a nutshell Nookie 😉😉

Greed.... on 21:03 - Sep 13 with 4469 viewsWingstandwood

Yep! I've personally witnessed greed split family members with enough wealth to be financially secure for life, to afford a BMW, to own a nice all paid for house, to travel to 5 star destinations.

A thing/comparison I've noticed from lifetime experience of mixing with people both wealthy and poor......The happiest, nicest, most loyal, most generous, most selfless and kindest?.....The ones whom seemed more content with their lot whom were under no pressure whatsoever to 'keep-up-with-the-Joneses' or be materialistic were many ex-neighbours of mine when I lived on a council estate.

Argus!

Greed.... on 21:07 - Sep 13 with 4450 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 21:03 - Sep 13 by Wingstandwood

Yep! I've personally witnessed greed split family members with enough wealth to be financially secure for life, to afford a BMW, to own a nice all paid for house, to travel to 5 star destinations.

A thing/comparison I've noticed from lifetime experience of mixing with people both wealthy and poor......The happiest, nicest, most loyal, most generous, most selfless and kindest?.....The ones whom seemed more content with their lot whom were under no pressure whatsoever to 'keep-up-with-the-Joneses' or be materialistic were many ex-neighbours of mine when I lived on a council estate.

That resonates so much with me as well mate .....I was born and bred in the Sandfields Swansea for so many years ‘doors and windows open wide’ .....etc

I will NEVER ever forget my roots unlike some we could name on here .........

Login to get fewer ads

Greed.... on 21:11 - Sep 13 with 4431 viewsRancid

Yes they've all been greedy feckers and they're all going to hell but is anyone else tired of carrying around all this bitterness? It's an exciting time for us on the pitch and with the new manager in place there's reasons to be cheerful.There's not much we can do other than talk it to death on here and all feel victimized so I'm doing what most of the 15000 other fans who dont post on here are doing and just enjoy the football.
Greed.... on 21:20 - Sep 13 with 4388 viewslifelong

Greed.... on 21:23 - Sep 13 with 4378 views_

Greed.... on 21:11 - Sep 13 by Rancid

Yes they've all been greedy feckers and they're all going to hell but is anyone else tired of carrying around all this bitterness? It's an exciting time for us on the pitch and with the new manager in place there's reasons to be cheerful.There's not much we can do other than talk it to death on here and all feel victimized so I'm doing what most of the 15000 other fans who dont post on here are doing and just enjoy the football.

Exactly mate

What is the point in feeling so bitter and making mountains out of molehills. We've been relegated, you'd swear they'd robbed us all individually of our life savings and left us on the streets

And all that's happened is we've come out of a division where we've spent less than 10% of our whole history in.

I'm hoping more and more will just forgive and forget and put all that effort into Potter and his kids

Like you say, exciting times are ahead.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Greed.... on 21:40 - Sep 13 with 4338 viewsOldjack

Greed.... on 21:11 - Sep 13 by Rancid

that's as maybe ,but i get a nagging feeling the higher powers will put a spanner in the works in the not too distant future. i.e. not giving him any dosh to work with and also selling off some of our little crown jewels

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Greed.... on 21:44 - Sep 13 with 4323 viewsRancid

Greed.... on 21:23 - Sep 13 by _

Exactly mate

What is the point in feeling so bitter and making mountains out of molehills. We've been relegated, you'd swear they'd robbed us all individually of our life savings and left us on the streets

And all that's happened is we've come out of a division where we've spent less than 10% of our whole history in.

I'm hoping more and more will just forgive and forget and put all that effort into Potter and his kids

Like you say, exciting times are ahead.

I want to enjoy the game and not go there with a grudge.Nobody seems to talk about the football anymore and it's taken a huge chunk away of watching and enjoying the Swans.I can't be arsed anymore Chris and solely focused and enjoying what Potter and his team of youngsters are trying to do.
Greed.... on 21:47 - Sep 13 with 4303 viewsNookiejack

Isn’t it as simple as Yanks and Selling Shareholders getting together and offering the Trust same offer for their shares - as the Selling Shareholders received?

Trust then decides if it wants to accept that offer and the wounds are healed?

Everyone moves on.
Greed.... on 21:48 - Sep 13 with 4292 viewsItchySphincter

Greed.... on 20:44 - Sep 13 by bonymine

Ta.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Greed.... on 21:57 - Sep 13 with 4273 viewsCatullus

Greed.... on 20:44 - Sep 13 by bonymine

It's not his fault you chose badly!!!!! I have trouble getting my wife to spend money and she always insists I have my season ticket and go out with my mates.......I rarely win at cards but you know what, this is just human nature, most people are like it. I don't like the greed and I'm happy enough with my lot, the only thing I'm desperate for is my new hip so I can go back to work.
jenkins got greedy, the money spoiled him, he's not the first or last it'll happen to. I expect his ex wife costs him a fortune too!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Greed.... on 22:05 - Sep 13 with 4254 viewspeenemunde

Greed.... on 21:44 - Sep 13 by Rancid

I want to enjoy the game and not go there with a grudge.Nobody seems to talk about the football anymore and it's taken a huge chunk away of watching and enjoying the Swans.I can't be arsed anymore Chris and solely focused and enjoying what Potter and his team of youngsters are trying to do.

The vast majority Swansea fans aren’t bothered by the politics at the club, and I’m one of them.
Hopefully a Swans win on Saturday - that’s all I care about with the football matches this weekend.
Greed.... on 00:40 - Sep 14 with 4115 viewsDJack

Greed.... on 22:05 - Sep 13 by peenemunde

The vast majority Swansea fans aren’t bothered by the politics at the club, and I’m one of them.
Hopefully a Swans win on Saturday - that’s all I care about with the football matches this weekend.

Peene, you generally, irritate me - I might have alluded to that before. That said, your post is fair...but I will ask is that if you only care about the Swans winning and not the politics why do you get involved with so many of the posts. Genuine question!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Greed.... on 01:04 - Sep 14 with 4100 viewsthe_oracle

There is not a single person who, given the chance to become millionaires, would say no. It's not greed, its simply what has become human nature.
Greed.... on 01:41 - Sep 14 with 4084 viewsDJack

Greed.... on 01:04 - Sep 14 by the_oracle

There is not a single person who, given the chance to become millionaires, would say no. It's not greed, its simply what has become human nature.

The chance to become a millionaire is one thing, the chance to become a millionaire at the expense of many others is another. Not much of an oracle are you!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Greed.... on 06:43 - Sep 14 with 4016 viewspeenemunde

Greed.... on 00:40 - Sep 14 by DJack

Peene, you generally, irritate me - I might have alluded to that before. That said, your post is fair...but I will ask is that if you only care about the Swans winning and not the politics why do you get involved with so many of the posts. Genuine question!

Because I find it ridiculous and also at the same time hilarious that people on here level criticism at certain individuals, when those people who constantly moan, would probably struggle to run a bath let alone a company with over a £100 turnover.

Also anyone on here who says they wouldn’t have profited from the sale of shares are telling lies or living on fantasy island.
Greed.... on 07:13 - Sep 14 with 3994 viewsWarwickHunt

Greed.... on 06:43 - Sep 14 by peenemunde

Because I find it ridiculous and also at the same time hilarious that people on here level criticism at certain individuals, when those people who constantly moan, would probably struggle to run a bath let alone a company with over a £100 turnover.

Also anyone on here who says they wouldn’t have profited from the sale of shares are telling lies or living on fantasy island.

A £100 turnover, Benny?

Even you could probably manage that ( with a little help from Miss Dianne, obviously).
Greed.... on 07:17 - Sep 14 with 3987 viewstheloneranger

Greed.... on 07:13 - Sep 14 by WarwickHunt

A £100 turnover, Benny?

Even you could probably manage that ( with a little help from Miss Dianne, obviously).

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Greed.... on 07:33 - Sep 14 with 3966 viewsscruffyjack

Greed.... on 06:43 - Sep 14 by peenemunde

If the sale of shares hadn’t been agreed behind the back of the trust, and against the terms of the shareholders agreement then I think most people wouldn’t begrudge those individuals.

With regard to running a company are you seriously suggesting that we’ve been well managed?
Greed.... on 09:38 - Sep 14 with 3875 viewsbyron

From an outside view, it looked like you were on a roll, new ground, young exciting managers etc, cheap quality players like Britton, Rangel, Williams the backbone. Jenkins obv realised after a few years in the money league, that despite his huge salary and all the cash coming in, that it all went on players wages etc, was it 90%? Seeing all this but not having it so to speak might have been the catalyst to sell up and reap the financial reward. Also, they began to spend more in a desperate attempt to stay in the PL, without it, they wouldn’t be able to sell up and bank millions.
If anything, the yanks got done big time. Big conk prob started out with fan like intentions but like so many succumbed to the lure of fools gold....

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024