Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. 06:41 - Oct 1 with 7478 viewspeenemunde

A lot of the big earners off the books and the finances under control, and the team seem to be plodding along nicely.
Well done Mr chairman.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 06:59 - Oct 1 with 3579 viewsCooperman

It’s a 9 out of 10 as far as I’m concerned; many more positives than there are negatives. The real highlights include the successful integration of U23’s into the first team and the green shoots of returning to the playing style that we became famous for.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:33 - Oct 1 with 3517 viewsMagic_Michu

Obviously incredibly happy with how the team are playing... the team are playing some decent football and it’s wonderful to see some young kids with no fear come in and play superbly.

... but that only makes it more frustrating as we’re probably 2 players short of having a real go at this league. We’re desperately light in centre midfield at up front. Another quality CM and striker and I honestly think we could walk this league.

I’ve been surprised how terrible the quality is to be honest.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:34 - Oct 1 with 3510 viewsItchySphincter

How do you know the finances are under control? It seems to me that there’s more mess to clean up before the back patting starts.

Great start, well done Mr Potter and players.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:35 - Oct 1 with 3507 viewsThornburyswan

Solid so far & as I said back in August I'd accept mid-table mediocrity this season so I guess yes I'm happy - that said not sure I'd be placing much of that credit on the chairman's desk, for me that goes to Potter, his coaching team & the players for stepping up.

I'm yet to be as convinced as you seem to be on the 'finances under control' tick box.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:49 - Oct 1 with 3456 viewsPegojack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:34 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

How do you know the finances are under control? It seems to me that there’s more mess to clean up before the back patting starts.

This.

HUGE plaudits to the coaching staff and players.

Maybe we'll know more about the finances when we get the cheating feckers who sold the club into court.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:57 - Oct 1 with 3434 viewsjackal

It's been good so far. The young lads have exceeded all my expectations.

The league is poor. Has the Champ. always been poor or is it that we're used to the Prem?

However the lack of investment and the Yanks seeming desire to strip the club clean is a great concern.

If we do get promoted and the Yanks don't back us, its going to be painful. We'll be almost as bad as Cardiff.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:57 - Oct 1 with 3434 viewsCooperman

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:34 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

I agree that more work is required on the finances front. We are not completely free of the big earners and we will see another drop in revenue streams next season if we remain a Championship club. I’m certain that further austerity will cause outcry with some but unfortunately for clubs like ours this is an unavoidable aspect of relegation from the Premier League.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:12 - Oct 1 with 3407 viewsmagicdaps10

They are doing better than I thought so I am extremely happy. My worry is that I hope it will continue and Potter can still get a tune out of the young ones come the winter months.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:15 - Oct 1 with 3399 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:57 - Oct 1 by jackal

The league is poor. Has the Champ. always been poor or is it that we're used to the Prem?

However the lack of investment and the Yanks seeming desire to strip the club clean is a great concern.

If we do get promoted and the Yanks don't back us, its going to be painful. We'll be almost as bad as Cardiff.

What do you mean by “strip the club clean”?

Are you suggesting that they are keeping the money from player sales?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:27 - Oct 1 with 3369 viewsswan65split

Very pleased the youngsters are doing well, long way to go yet, but got my 6 fingers crossed, time to tell when a Manager is good, is when we get a bad spell........weve had a few of them in the last few years.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:32 - Oct 1 with 3359 viewsItchySphincter

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:57 - Oct 1 by jackal

Oh FFS, don't start him off first thing on a Monday morning.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:33 - Oct 1 with 3356 viewsItchySphincter

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:15 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

What do you mean by “strip the club clean”?

Are you suggesting that they are keeping the money from player sales?

Too late..........

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:42 - Oct 1 with 3319 viewsNookiejack

I am enjoying this season - you don't know from game to game whether you will win or lose - makes it exciting.

Another game tomorrow night as well.

It got very stale going throng another season like Cardiff are currently going through.

The thing is I don't think this is what Jenkins had in mind when he bought a crocked Bony back and followed that mistake up by bringing back Andre Ayew. We only needed 4/5 more goals last season to say up as well.

Very enjoyable season so far and I hope we can just stay around play-off positions to keep interest going through the season - without actually getting promoted. Younger players need time to develop and no point in going back up to be stuffed weak after weak. Great for Welsh football as well Roberts, Rodon and James playing loads of games which probably only Roberts would have done if we had stayed in PL.

The only issue is if we stay where we are then some of them might be sold off by the Yanks so we won't see the best of them.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:44 - Oct 1 with 3314 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:33 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

Too late..........

You think it’s boring that there is a suggestion that our club is being stolen from?

Maybe that’s a bit more interesting to real fans then, what you think?

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:56 - Oct 1 with 3291 viewsItchySphincter

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:44 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

You think it’s boring that there is a suggestion that our club is being stolen from?

Maybe that’s a bit more interesting to real fans then, what you think?

You're like a broken record. You add nothing constructive and show no emotion or passion for the club. You come across as someone with a personality disorder.

That's what I think. But hey, it's all about opinions init. I'm sure others will disagree.

Happy Monday.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:57 - Oct 1 with 3287 viewsDewi1jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:57 - Oct 1 by Cooperman

I agree that more work is required on the finances front. We are not completely free of the big earners and we will see another drop in revenue streams next season if we remain a Championship club. I’m certain that further austerity will cause outcry with some but unfortunately for clubs like ours this is an unavoidable aspect of relegation from the Premier League.

This.

If we do get promoted then my worry is we get back the high earning mercenaries we've had to loan out, possibly paying some of their wages.
GP and his staff are starting to really build the team spirit and work ethos we've been missing for the past seasons since Monk was allowed (bad leadership again!) to strip our style.
So far an amazing job
Bring the Mercs back and I do think team spirit will suffer again.

Why have we got these high earning mercenaries that were signed in desperation?
P1sspoor leadership in the past couple of seasons. The same happening on the last few days of the last transfer window

People being laid off.
We know there was a jobs for the boys/ family/ friends culture and maybe the right people for the job weren't hired/ too many people hired, so it needed a cull
IMHO it still needs a cull.

Here's where I'm at at the mo

On the field.
Isn't it great to be watching players try their best?
Starting to really get my enjoyment of watching the Swans back up to where we were from the Tapas waiter through to Monks first half of the season (after Loudstrop). Only hard period there was under Sousaball, still successful though and gave Brenda his platform to take us to the top.
Yes they're kids and learning so mistakes will happen- be patient with them we're watching something good develop again.
Player/ manager unity. Players fighting for each other rather than with one and other.

On the field- Mmmmmm mmmm
Possible promotion and a Cup final watching us win in May anyone?

Off the field.
Still some inept people working in the background.
Leaders still lying to and keeping the Trust in the dark
The leaders, who have alienated the fans, lied to the Trust and the buyers, who've lied, cheated their way to building contracts, who have cost the club £100's of millions through p1sspoor management and player acquisitions are still employed either directly or as "consultants"

Relegation. now we're paying heavy rent for the stadium instead of next to nothing even though we've lost around £60 million by dropping a division.
Still no news on Pearlmann or Beaky taking a pay cut- they'd be shouting it from the rooftops if they had have taken one.

Finances, still a fukin mess according to Beaky and Pearlmanns admission. (This is where E20 pops up even though he won't answer questions I have set him in the past. Mart 6/ badlands etc will down arrow this!)

Beaky and all the other snide, manipulative lying sell outs should be no where near the club.
They'd walk away if they really cared about the club or it's fans. The only thing they give a fuk about is their bank balances.

So. Off the field.
Still appears to be FUBAR

On the pitch (including all staff working directly with the players)- very happy
Off the pitch- quite dismayed

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:03 - Oct 1 with 3266 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:56 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

You're like a broken record. You add nothing constructive and show no emotion or passion for the club. You come across as someone with a personality disorder.

That's what I think. But hey, it's all about opinions init. I'm sure others will disagree.

Happy Monday.

You are like a scorned lover. Spend your time trying to add value to the forum, getting annoyed at those that clearly do - so end up not bothering trying anymore and resorting to utter nonsensical bitchy comments of zero value or thought.

Although we are discussing the accusation that the Americans are taking money illegally out of the club aren’t we? Not your clear shortcomings as a poster and probably also as a member of society. The former which should absolutely be of interest to any real fan.

Which probably explains your lack of interest.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:10 - Oct 1 with 3244 viewsItchySphincter

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:03 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

You are like a scorned lover. Spend your time trying to add value to the forum, getting annoyed at those that clearly do - so end up not bothering trying anymore and resorting to utter nonsensical bitchy comments of zero value or thought.

Although we are discussing the accusation that the Americans are taking money illegally out of the club aren’t we? Not your clear shortcomings as a poster and probably also as a member of society. The former which should absolutely be of interest to any real fan.

Which probably explains your lack of interest.

Case closed.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:12 - Oct 1 with 3235 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:10 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

Case closed.

It was closed the second you spat your dummy out in frustration again.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:21 - Oct 1 with 3207 viewsLeonWasGod

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:56 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

Happy Monday.

Happy Monday. Don't step on his melons mun

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:21 - Oct 1 with 3204 viewsItchySphincter

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:12 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

It was closed the second you spat your dummy out in frustration again.

That's matter of opinion.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:27 - Oct 1 with 3182 viewsCatullus

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:57 - Oct 1 by Dewi1jack

This.

If we do get promoted then my worry is we get back the high earning mercenaries we've had to loan out, possibly paying some of their wages.
GP and his staff are starting to really build the team spirit and work ethos we've been missing for the past seasons since Monk was allowed (bad leadership again!) to strip our style.
So far an amazing job
Bring the Mercs back and I do think team spirit will suffer again.

Why have we got these high earning mercenaries that were signed in desperation?
P1sspoor leadership in the past couple of seasons. The same happening on the last few days of the last transfer window

People being laid off.
We know there was a jobs for the boys/ family/ friends culture and maybe the right people for the job weren't hired/ too many people hired, so it needed a cull
IMHO it still needs a cull.

Here's where I'm at at the mo

On the field.
Isn't it great to be watching players try their best?
Starting to really get my enjoyment of watching the Swans back up to where we were from the Tapas waiter through to Monks first half of the season (after Loudstrop). Only hard period there was under Sousaball, still successful though and gave Brenda his platform to take us to the top.
Yes they're kids and learning so mistakes will happen- be patient with them we're watching something good develop again.
Player/ manager unity. Players fighting for each other rather than with one and other.

On the field- Mmmmmm mmmm
Possible promotion and a Cup final watching us win in May anyone?

Off the field.
Still some inept people working in the background.
Leaders still lying to and keeping the Trust in the dark
The leaders, who have alienated the fans, lied to the Trust and the buyers, who've lied, cheated their way to building contracts, who have cost the club £100's of millions through p1sspoor management and player acquisitions are still employed either directly or as "consultants"

Relegation. now we're paying heavy rent for the stadium instead of next to nothing even though we've lost around £60 million by dropping a division.
Still no news on Pearlmann or Beaky taking a pay cut- they'd be shouting it from the rooftops if they had have taken one.

Finances, still a fukin mess according to Beaky and Pearlmanns admission. (This is where E20 pops up even though he won't answer questions I have set him in the past. Mart 6/ badlands etc will down arrow this!)

Beaky and all the other snide, manipulative lying sell outs should be no where near the club.
They'd walk away if they really cared about the club or it's fans. The only thing they give a fuk about is their bank balances.

So. Off the field.
Still appears to be FUBAR

On the pitch (including all staff working directly with the players)- very happy
Off the pitch- quite dismayed

All top flight players are mercenaries, as are any players who desperately chase the money....it's only human, most of us have been, are or will be mercenary. It's not looking to improve that's the issue to me, it's the complete and utter greed, expecting pay rises when you've been (at best) poor and mostly utter rubbish or on relegation claiming you are better than this division and jumping ship to the best playing club and all too often these players are already millionaires.
Did any of the players who left us, managed to get back to the EPL, do anything to show they deserved it, apart from Fabianski?

As far as the season goes, I'm happy with the playing side but still very cynical about behind the scenes even though I accept that cuts had to be made.
Amongst the many stupid mistakes was not taking 8 million for Jordan Ayew. I mean, come on, do the maths. Holding out for a players true value is one thing, but when you are desperate to reduce the wage bill and a big earner can be offloaded, balance out how much another 6 months of his wages are with the offer and say it makes sense. Saying he's worth 15 million and I'm not budging is hardly pragmatic.

Potter and the players are exceeding my expectations, the manager obviously is very good at getting the best out of players and the youngsters are responding to the trust placed in them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:35 - Oct 1 with 3166 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:21 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

That's matter of opinion.

No, it really isn’t.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:42 - Oct 1 with 3142 viewsCatullus

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:35 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

No, it really isn’t.

Everything we discuss is a matter of opinion because of differing perceptions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:52 - Oct 1 with 3120 viewsBadlands

Pleased with the unders who have come through and the way the seniors who are left have shown up.
Pleased with attempts ar returning to our pre-Monk style.
Pleased the ability of the squad to overcome limitations and set backs.
Pleased we have wasted no time addressing the financial situation.
Not pleased with some fans who have made it a crusade to turn every event into reason to attack the club.
Not pleased with Liberty atmosphere or the 'fans' who no longer attend games because they won't see their favourite Premier League teams.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 10:13]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024