Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... 18:45 - Oct 20 with 5869 viewsbonymine

My thoughts here ;

Mulder should be No1 no need to rotate your keepers Nordfelt had his chance although he did do well today .....

Massive faux pas giving Cian Harries his League debut at Villa Park in front on 42,000 fans ....the lad is a great talent but giving him his debut at Villa Park is a HUGE ask on for any player ....

I understand that squad rotation given the number of games must be central to team selection this season, however, balance and quality MUST certainly come into it as well !! Why on Earth didn’t Grimes & Naughton start today ?

I appreciate he’s got a difficult job but some decisions are bewildering ....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:29 - Oct 21 with 1145 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:08 - Oct 21 by icecoldjack

So you think our budget after 7 yrs of prem football and of constantly selling assets to replace with cheaper options coupled with parachute payments for 3yrs which come after selling/clearing out 16 high earning playing staff doesn't afford potter a striker ?

Here's one, how about we take the money Pearlman and Huw have not been earning and use that instead ?

There's you pleading povity on behalf of the yanks and there's a million pound a year in wages for those 2 blokes who have done nothing the last 2/3 yrs to hel0 the club !

If there is no money then where has it gone ?

If the money has been squandered then why is the chairman not sacked and his wages saved to help cut costs.?

If there is no money why do we pay 500k for a commercial dept. Head who has pretty much done nothing to justify his wages.

If there is no money then what happened to the 50% relegation clause that Huw always talked about "to ensure the club is in good order" if a relegation happened ?

You support the yanks and Huw, yet they are the incompetent ones that have ensured money is now tight, but they face no consequences but potter does ?

All of those things yet mugs like you just talk about " do you know how much it costs " talk about brainwashed.

The club is fooked if we can't afford a half decent championship level striker fella.

What has 7 years of Premier League football got to do with it? Have you been burying your head in the sand when we were there? At what point did you assume we were making oodles of money then? Have you been following the annual accounts posts on companies house r have you ignored them and decided to just make them up?

Again, we sold 16 players because we had to in order to survive. We don’t have that money, it is lost to overheads. We will probably need further cuts too as income decreases next year as the parachute money is less. I can’t fathom why you think that money is there in order to increase overheads beyond what we can afford, it is there to settle long standing PL hangover debt.

Nobody is pleading poverty. We are telling you that the club is spending more than it ever has outside the Prem and all that it can. Ask Darlington if spending £3m on a player is poverty. What you want is to carry on spending like a Premier League club. Thankfully our oweners are smarter than that.

What do you mean where has it gone? Every year in the PL we spent what came in. Toward the end we had a £99m annual wage bill and were paying staggered payments for players bought in previous years. What money are you thinking that we had?

What do you mean what happened to a 50% wage decrease to ensure the club is in good order? Firstly I know nothing of this, secondly, we are in fairly good order - it is the likesnif you that are desperate for us not to be by willing us to spend more than we can.

I don’t support Huw Jenkins or the Yanks, I support the club. That means all facets. Being incompetent would be ensuring the club spends more than it can bear, not keeping us in the PL for 7 years and giving us a competitive and exciting championship team. What consequences has Potter faced exactly then?

So you think this club is destroyed if we cannot sign a striker? You really believe that? Or are you actually just saying your chance to see Edin Hazard again is affected? If the latter then yes probably.

So after all that, it seems to come down to a dislike for Jenkins and the owners as opposed to anything of substance, which is assume is the basis for all of these sound bites - which is why they can never be explained properly without sounding ridiculous. This is why Daps runs a mile whenever he is called out on it to explain, don’t fall into his trap.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:33 - Oct 21 with 1144 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:19 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

Pointless talking let alone reasoning with that one, we all his lesser. The guy is on the bait and is being reeled in.

The club is now on a par with its incomings and making a little. Aside a few big earners, those earners will be gone by the time the parachute payments have stopped, the club is ok.

Speaking to someone within on the coaching staff, they are pushing for new players and are not totally satisfied with the cards they have.

Some people will say"soundbites" but these are actual words off someone who is deep within the playing side of things.

The long game will prove people wrong.

There is a difference between your fantasy coaching staff not being happy with their “cards” (they are players ffs not cards) and us having the means to do something about it.

You seem to think that the club is at the mercy of the coaching staff to give them whatever they like regardless of the damage it does to the club. I’m sure every single coaching staff on the planet would like new players, tough titties unfortunately, the club comes first.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:33 - Oct 21 with 1147 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:50 - Oct 21 by Cooperman

So you are now appreciative of the efforts that it has taken just to balance the books.

You’re almost prepared for more austerity as the income streams reduce further in the next year.

Not at all.

We all knew cuts were needed but the cuts have been far more than needed.
The point I was making about higher earners leaving in line with the parachute payment reductions was that further cuts are not needed.

Obviously we cant sign and spend to a certain level, this is where the new scouting network will hopefully come to the fore, the fact that names have already been given and well within the budget, only to be told "there is little chance" is concerning.

If you believe what is happening is solely down to the clubs financial future, be prepared to have a big shock.

As said, some people on here are going to look like idiots in 18 months or so.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:38 - Oct 21 with 1131 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:33 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

There is a difference between your fantasy coaching staff not being happy with their “cards” (they are players ffs not cards) and us having the means to do something about it.

You seem to think that the club is at the mercy of the coaching staff to give them whatever they like regardless of the damage it does to the club. I’m sure every single coaching staff on the planet would like new players, tough titties unfortunately, the club comes first.

Your guessing or have been told incorrectly about the clubs finances.

That is not my opinion that is actual fact.

I am more than happy for you to continue your stance, I am going to enjoy reminding you of your stance when the times DOES come.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:40 - Oct 21 with 1129 viewsmagicdaps10

Must add, this post was started about Tinkerman Potter but has come to a sword fight of cocks again!

And who took it off direction!

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:43 - Oct 21 with 1120 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:33 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

Not at all.

We all knew cuts were needed but the cuts have been far more than needed.
The point I was making about higher earners leaving in line with the parachute payment reductions was that further cuts are not needed.

Obviously we cant sign and spend to a certain level, this is where the new scouting network will hopefully come to the fore, the fact that names have already been given and well within the budget, only to be told "there is little chance" is concerning.

If you believe what is happening is solely down to the clubs financial future, be prepared to have a big shock.

As said, some people on here are going to look like idiots in 18 months or so.

You’re tying yourself up now. Earlier you said that we’ve balanced the books and whilst I don’t know if we’ve actually achieved this I can say for certain that what’s been done is absolutely necessary. Now you’re saying that these cuts were not needed; how is that? We haven’t got another means of pumping millions into the club so therefore the cuts were essential.

You’re almost certainly wrong about not needing further cuts. The only realistc way in which we can avoid this is by gaining promotion back to the riches of the Premier League. You really should brace yourself for worse to come in the next twelve months. The recalibration of our finances is only part complete.

What’s going to happen in 18 months?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:51 - Oct 21 with 1096 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:38 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

Your guessing or have been told incorrectly about the clubs finances.

That is not my opinion that is actual fact.

I am more than happy for you to continue your stance, I am going to enjoy reminding you of your stance when the times DOES come.

Daps, you come on here every transfer window and get every single nugget of information wrong. Yet we should believe you over shareholders of the club? Aye ok.

Time comes for what? You haven’t explained your stance, it is fairly sweeping - intentionally as you have no idea what you are talking about.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:53 - Oct 21 with 1093 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:40 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

Must add, this post was started about Tinkerman Potter but has come to a sword fight of cocks again!

And who took it off direction!

It did yes.

You then decided to use that and have a go at the club with no basis as you usually do when you look for attention.

It then descends into this when you try and defend that position and end up tying yourself up in knots unable to even make the slightest of cases for what you are saying.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 16:11]

Login to get fewer ads

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:56 - Oct 21 with 1090 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:43 - Oct 21 by Cooperman

You’re tying yourself up now. Earlier you said that we’ve balanced the books and whilst I don’t know if we’ve actually achieved this I can say for certain that what’s been done is absolutely necessary. Now you’re saying that these cuts were not needed; how is that? We haven’t got another means of pumping millions into the club so therefore the cuts were essential.

You’re almost certainly wrong about not needing further cuts. The only realistc way in which we can avoid this is by gaining promotion back to the riches of the Premier League. You really should brace yourself for worse to come in the next twelve months. The recalibration of our finances is only part complete.

What’s going to happen in 18 months?

Correct.

We need another 4 or 5 off the books come next season I would have thought. Bony, Dyer, Narsingh and Routledge being the core. It wouldn’t surprise me to see another 1 or 2 on top of that.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 16:00 - Oct 21 with 1093 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:56 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

Correct.

We need another 4 or 5 off the books come next season I would have thought. Bony, Dyer, Narsingh and Routledge being the core. It wouldn’t surprise me to see another 1 or 2 on top of that.

Fer and / or Naughton.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 16:02 - Oct 21 with 1087 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 16:00 - Oct 21 by Cooperman

Fer and / or Naughton.

Agreed.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:26 - Oct 24 with 897 viewsbonymine

In fairness to Potter an honest acknowledgement here in taking responsibility for that poor first half performance last night. Let’s hope we can produce last nights second half performance from the off against Reading on Saturday and get into half time one or two goals up .....will make for a pleasant change !

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/potter-explains-the-turnaround-and-what-went

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:42 - Oct 24 with 878 viewsmagicdaps10

His honesty is refreshing but it looks like he is not 100% certain on what to play from the cards at hand.

I am sure he would love to play a dutch international on the wing, a seasoned international up top who can make the ball stick and a couple of seasoned premier league pros in Dyer and Routledge.......imagine the difference that could make in this league.

I have no doubt his hands are tied to a certain point.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:42 - Oct 24 with 878 viewsDr_Winston

Seems to me that the same people bitching about the cuts/lack of spending are largely the same people who would be bitching if, come the next accounts, the club was announced to be £30m in debt.

We lived if not above, but certainly close to the limits of our means for nearly a decade. Those means are now drastically reduced so we have to cut our cloth accordingly. It's not rocket science.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:47 - Oct 24 with 874 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:42 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Seems to me that the same people bitching about the cuts/lack of spending are largely the same people who would be bitching if, come the next accounts, the club was announced to be £30m in debt.

We lived if not above, but certainly close to the limits of our means for nearly a decade. Those means are now drastically reduced so we have to cut our cloth accordingly. It's not rocket science.

Are we or do you expect to be 30m in debt?

So on that basis, did certain board members deserve a wage increase after we got relegated?

You do realise that our incomings are nearly 20% more than our outgoings as it stands.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:50 - Oct 24 with 861 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:42 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Cutting cloth is fine, I don't see many people moaning about it?

But lets be realistic with our expectations at the same time.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:53 - Oct 24 with 856 viewsDr_Winston

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:47 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Are we or do you expect to be 30m in debt?

So on that basis, did certain board members deserve a wage increase after we got relegated?

You do realise that our incomings are nearly 20% more than our outgoings as it stands.

No.

No.

Unless you have access to the clubs accounts, you have absolutely no idea what our incomings or outgoings are. You suspect, you guess, but you do not know. Your arguments would have more weight if you stopped pretending otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:54 - Oct 24 with 852 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:53 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

No.

No.

Unless you have access to the clubs accounts, you have absolutely no idea what our incomings or outgoings are. You suspect, you guess, but you do not know. Your arguments would have more weight if you stopped pretending otherwise.

Maybe the board can show the Trust the annual accounts, who you know, own a pretty big chunk of the club themselves.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:56 - Oct 24 with 848 viewsDr_Winston

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:50 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Cutting cloth is fine, I don't see many people moaning about it?

But lets be realistic with our expectations at the same time.

All people have done since the summer is moan about how much we've spent on players, largely whilst also accusing the Yanks of siphoning off enough millions to help pay for Wayne Rooney's latest weave.

Frankly I'm a little surprised that Potter has been allowed to spend as much as he has. He's around the £6-7m mark, which is way more than we'd ever have dreamed of spending last time we were here.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:58 - Oct 24 with 843 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:56 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

All people have done since the summer is moan about how much we've spent on players, largely whilst also accusing the Yanks of siphoning off enough millions to help pay for Wayne Rooney's latest weave.

Frankly I'm a little surprised that Potter has been allowed to spend as much as he has. He's around the £6-7m mark, which is way more than we'd ever have dreamed of spending last time we were here.

Yeah because last time we were here, we didn't lose close to a full first team, which like you said before you go off on one, had to be done.

But don't start slagging off the manager when a few things go against us. Taking on a relegated premier league whose been relegated, and having to rely on kids isn't exactly a cake walk.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:00 - Oct 24 with 837 viewsDr_Winston

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:58 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah because last time we were here, we didn't lose close to a full first team, which like you said before you go off on one, had to be done.

But don't start slagging off the manager when a few things go against us. Taking on a relegated premier league whose been relegated, and having to rely on kids isn't exactly a cake walk.

I'm not slagging off the manager?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:01 - Oct 24 with 835 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:53 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

No.

No.

Refreshing that you answered, thank you.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:03 - Oct 24 with 831 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:00 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

I'm not slagging off the manager?

Not you in particular, just saying in general.

You got people saying how much we needed to cut cloth and reduce costs, which is correct, but then at the first sign of a bit of bad form start ripping into the manager. Doesn't make sense to me at all.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:31 - Oct 24 with 806 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:03 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Not you in particular, just saying in general.

You got people saying how much we needed to cut cloth and reduce costs, which is correct, but then at the first sign of a bit of bad form start ripping into the manager. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

This.

Great calls to get behind the team and support then in another post there is a knock at Potter, consistency and contradiction is unreal with some.

It seems the board are untouchable so any issues and that is aimed at Potter.....makes me wonder if there is an obvious ploy to take the light off the board.

It is a strange situation, Potter is obviously playing with an incomplete set of cards and that is due to the board, he will make mistakes and is trying to shuffle the deck to find his best hand.....more cards more chance.

Seems to me that there is a obvious...dont bite the hand scenario here.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:33 - Oct 24 with 801 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:56 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

That is a ludicrous thing to state considering where we came from the last time we were there compared to this time.

Maybe Huw could put his wage in line to what it was last time we were there. That is not a knock at you just stating the reality of things.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024