Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... 18:45 - Oct 20 with 5868 viewsbonymine

My thoughts here ;

Mulder should be No1 no need to rotate your keepers Nordfelt had his chance although he did do well today .....

Massive faux pas giving Cian Harries his League debut at Villa Park in front on 42,000 fans ....the lad is a great talent but giving him his debut at Villa Park is a HUGE ask on for any player ....

I understand that squad rotation given the number of games must be central to team selection this season, however, balance and quality MUST certainly come into it as well !! Why on Earth didn’t Grimes & Naughton start today ?

I appreciate he’s got a difficult job but some decisions are bewildering ....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:28 - Oct 21 with 967 viewsBillyChong

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 01:33 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

“Until the board wake up and realise that they have a diamond in Potter, Potter will always being tinkering and trying new things......give him a solid foundation and some ammunition and Potter will do the business. ”

What do you mean realise they have a gem in Potter? You do realise they were the ones who went to the expense and difficulty of appointing him right?

What do you mean give him ammunition? Like breaking our transfer record outside the Premier League - like they already have you mean?

Or are you wanting them to do what no other owner has done and personally fund transfers while diluting the Trust and plunging the club into debt?

You haven’t thought this one through have you? Just meaningless sound bites.

The ‘breaking our transfer record outside the premier league’ is pointless given that this is the first time we’ve been in this scenario. It would be extremely worrying if we hadn’t.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:32 - Oct 21 with 952 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:28 - Oct 21 by BillyChong

The ‘breaking our transfer record outside the premier league’ is pointless given that this is the first time we’ve been in this scenario. It would be extremely worrying if we hadn’t.

So it’s not worrying then?

And they are doing as they should.

That’s kind of the point. Far from pointless.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:42 - Oct 21 with 936 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 01:33 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

“Until the board wake up and realise that they have a diamond in Potter, Potter will always being tinkering and trying new things......give him a solid foundation and some ammunition and Potter will do the business. ”

What do you mean realise they have a gem in Potter? You do realise they were the ones who went to the expense and difficulty of appointing him right?

What do you mean give him ammunition? Like breaking our transfer record outside the Premier League - like they already have you mean?

Or are you wanting them to do what no other owner has done and personally fund transfers while diluting the Trust and plunging the club into debt?

You haven’t thought this one through have you? Just meaningless sound bites.

You do realise that our outgoings are nearly 18% down on our incomings already this season?
And of that outgoing, nigh on 20k a month is being paid to ostersunds for the installments for Potter and his team?

Your being fed a cock and bull story from someone who obviously wants to save face.....I am happy to play the long game on this one and unfortunately you and Chris are going to look bigger prats than you already are, hard to believe that!?

Ask your little informant, what expenses certain people are having within the club. Be nice to have a bumper wage without even paying for every day necessitates.......they have earned it see!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:48 - Oct 21 with 917 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:42 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

You do realise that our outgoings are nearly 18% down on our incomings already this season?
And of that outgoing, nigh on 20k a month is being paid to ostersunds for the installments for Potter and his team?

Your being fed a cock and bull story from someone who obviously wants to save face.....I am happy to play the long game on this one and unfortunately you and Chris are going to look bigger prats than you already are, hard to believe that!?

Ask your little informant, what expenses certain people are having within the club. Be nice to have a bumper wage without even paying for every day necessitates.......they have earned it see!

Are you suggesting we had to appoint Potter by taking out finance with Osterstunds?
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:49 - Oct 21 with 915 viewslonglostjack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:32 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

So it’s not worrying then?

And they are doing as they should.

That’s kind of the point. Far from pointless.

How do you know they are "doing as they should". Do you have access to the management accounts?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:49 - Oct 21 with 911 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:42 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

Have you just replied to a completely different post?

There were two very specific on topic questions there vital to provide your point with some substance.

You seem to have decided to gloss over them and instead go off on another rant again. Anyone would think you have no idea how to answer them, of course rendering your initial point pretty useless.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:55 - Oct 21 with 887 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:49 - Oct 21 by longlostjack

How do you know they are "doing as they should". Do you have access to the management accounts?

Do you know they are not?

We had to fill a £40m hole as confirmed by a shareholder. We managed to essentiallly do that an invested the rest in the players we were able to. Incoming goes down further again next year. I would say they are doing as they should.. unless you think they should be plunging the club into debt or diluting the Trust that is.

Do you have information that tells us they are not? If so please share. If not then there’s is absolutely no basis to the nonsense spouted here regularly and it appears very much like the club is being run far more sensibly and with care than many of our own so called fans want it to be.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:57 - Oct 21 with 885 viewslonglostjack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:55 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

Do you know they are not?

We had to fill a £40m hole as confirmed by a shareholder. We managed to essentiallly do that an invested the rest in the players we were able to. Incoming goes down further again next year. I would say they are doing as they should.. unless you think they should be plunging the club into debt or diluting the Trust that is.

Do you have information that tells us they are not? If so please share. If not then there’s is absolutely no basis to the nonsense spouted here regularly and it appears very much like the club is being run far more sensibly and with care than many of our own so called fans want it to be.

Of course I don't. That's just the point. It's not possible to determine whether the club is being run correctly or not without having access to detailed financial information.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:15 - Oct 21 with 865 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:57 - Oct 21 by longlostjack

Of course I don't. That's just the point. It's not possible to determine whether the club is being run correctly or not without having access to detailed financial information.

True.

However there is far more evidence to say that our outgoings are being aligned to the new revenue levels than there is evidence to suggest otherwise. Our Trust was privy to the accounts up to end of June and at that point there was nothing to suggest any wrong doing.

The part that some people are still struggling with is that we will not be seeing >£100m income this FY.

From a cost cutting point of view, it’s going to get taken to another level again next season. It has to.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:21 - Oct 21 with 839 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 10:57 - Oct 21 by longlostjack

It was in response to suggestions that it is not. Clearly.

If there is no evidence to suggest that and only evidence that it is - surely we adopt the innocent until proven guilty logic? Or even innocent until even the slightest shred of evidence of guilt would be an improvement.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:22 - Oct 21 with 837 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:15 - Oct 21 by Cooperman

True.

However there is far more evidence to say that our outgoings are being aligned to the new revenue levels than there is evidence to suggest otherwise. Our Trust was privy to the accounts up to end of June and at that point there was nothing to suggest any wrong doing.

The part that some people are still struggling with is that we will not be seeing >£100m income this FY.

From a cost cutting point of view, it’s going to get taken to another level again next season. It has to.

Sorry Coops, missed this.

You are of course, spot on.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 833 viewsicecoldjack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:19 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

Well, small,young squad......trying to get the youngsters as experienced as possible because there is going to be no help from the board.

Not my words

This seems the logical reason considering potter in all other aspects seems to be a great coach.

Be interesting to see if he tinkered with his last team as much ?

He seems like a clever bloke so maybe pre planning with the young players was in his mind, problem for a lot of fans is that it raises more questions than answers !

We are playing great football at times but really lack a striker to take the work load off Ollie.

Basically nothing we didn't all know in the summer, January will tell us everything, wouldn't surprise me to see a few players leaving, cutting us right down to the bone, there is no reason for the likes of routs,dyer,Naughton and a few others not to be playing week in out so something isn't quite right for sure.

It's been clear to see that this swans team with a bit of help could do great things in this league, I get the feeling potter is having to manage things beyond the fans comprehension .
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:31 - Oct 21 with 825 viewsSTID2017

The atmosphere there yesterday was about as intimidating as Paradise Park in a Sunday League game. 42k and wouldn't have known 39k of them were there. Boy did okay - look elsewhere for reasons why we lost.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:31 - Oct 21 with 826 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:25 - Oct 21 by icecoldjack

This seems the logical reason considering potter in all other aspects seems to be a great coach.

He seems like a clever bloke so maybe pre planning with the young players was in his mind, problem for a lot of fans is that it raises more questions than answers !

We are playing great football at times but really lack a striker to take the work load off Ollie.

Basically nothing we didn't all know in the summer, January will tell us everything, wouldn't surprise me to see a few players leaving, cutting us right down to the bone, there is no reason for the likes of routs,dyer,Naughton and a few others not to be playing week in out so something isn't quite right for sure.

It's been clear to see that this swans team with a bit of help could do great things in this league, I get the feeling potter is having to manage things beyond the fans comprehension .

There may well be a very good reason for them not playing every week - appearance fees.

None of us know for sure but I wouldn’t mind betting that appearance and win bonus combined run well into five figure sums for just one game.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:34 - Oct 21 with 819 viewsE20Jack

Maybe you can answer what you mean by “help” then?

Do you mean help him by plunging the club into financial strife, diluting the Trusts shares and attaching a debt weight round the clubs neck?

You would swear some people are Graham Potter fans rather than fans of the club. I have said previously, if Potter is all sulky because the club don’t give him more than it can bare then I hope he is in a permenant state of sulkiness (although don’t for one second think he is, it’s just the clueless amongst the fanbase).

The club can get stuffed, as long as Potter gets what he wants. The bloke has been here 5 minutes ffs.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:35 - Oct 21 with 819 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"We are playing great football at times but really lack a striker to take the work load off Ollie. "
I know he missed chances but our other fit Striker did score, remember him?
His name is Baker-Richardson, we may remember him, but Potter seems to have forgotten about him as he doesn't even make the bench.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:10 - Oct 21 with 783 viewsE20Jack

So months of these meaningless and repetitive sound bites and we are still no closer to getting anybody to explain what they mean. Any question regarding it always ends the same way, total avoidance or a get out of dodge fast type scenario.

Well, one chap did explain of course, he was brave enough a few weeks back to come back with the fact he was fully aware he was advocating the club be put in financial danger and was fine with it as it gave a greater chance of Prem football, which he preferred. He said he wanted to gamble the future of the club on it. Amazing really.

I did of course point out the delicious irony that he had been banging on about the Americans and their intentions/danger to the club... yet his preferred way of running the club is the exact thing we need protection from and something the current owners seem completely wise to. We need protection from some of these fans views, they are terrifying.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:19 - Oct 21 with 776 viewsicecoldjack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 11:35 - Oct 21 by A_Fans_Dad

"We are playing great football at times but really lack a striker to take the work load off Ollie. "
I know he missed chances but our other fit Striker did score, remember him?
His name is Baker-Richardson, we may remember him, but Potter seems to have forgotten about him as he doesn't even make the bench.

I don't rate baker Richardson myself, I feel a club just relegated from the premier league that has just sold 16 players and has 3 yrs of parachute payments can at least push for a decent championship proven striker to supplement or be the focal point of our attack, that being said, it's also a bit worrying when BR scored and played well and then isn't seen since !

I feel we should always have an out and out striker on the bench,and BR has shown he can contribute. I guess potter is thinking different .
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:27 - Oct 21 with 759 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:19 - Oct 21 by icecoldjack

I don't rate baker Richardson myself, I feel a club just relegated from the premier league that has just sold 16 players and has 3 yrs of parachute payments can at least push for a decent championship proven striker to supplement or be the focal point of our attack, that being said, it's also a bit worrying when BR scored and played well and then isn't seen since !

I feel we should always have an out and out striker on the bench,and BR has shown he can contribute. I guess potter is thinking different .

Do you know what the parachute payments are for? You realise they aren’t extra surplus income? It is income needed to stop the club going bust, not to give it a little treat to spend on something pretty.

Do you know we haven’t got the cash for those 16 players sitting around? You realise we sold them simply because we had to raise £40m in order to survive? Yet you think we should have spent it on a striker?

There is absolutely no thought behind these silly sound bites at all. None.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:32 - Oct 21 with 757 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:19 - Oct 21 by icecoldjack

As for decent championship proven player, Potter is not being given this card by the board.
Stoke get Afobe
Wba get Gayle

Trouble is, the play on financial security is the safeguard by the board not to spend money......they dont want to be happy with breaking even, they want to make profits.

Because Potter is not being given the cards to play with, he is trying to mould these kids, mould them to be championship players week in week out, by rotating these kids, this is the way he thinks best at blending them in as first team players.
Potter is doing a terrific job with the tools at hand, mid table is what I hoped for with the squad at hand and mid table is where we are at..........he is getting them tough for the winter months, this is when things could get interesting.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:39 - Oct 21 with 744 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:32 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

As for decent championship proven player, Potter is not being given this card by the board.
Stoke get Afobe
Wba get Gayle

Trouble is, the play on financial security is the safeguard by the board not to spend money......they dont want to be happy with breaking even, they want to make profits.

Because Potter is not being given the cards to play with, he is trying to mould these kids, mould them to be championship players week in week out, by rotating these kids, this is the way he thinks best at blending them in as first team players.
Potter is doing a terrific job with the tools at hand, mid table is what I hoped for with the squad at hand and mid table is where we are at..........he is getting them tough for the winter months, this is when things could get interesting.

Juventus got Ronaldo, Man United got Pogba. What has that got to do with us?

We couldn’t afford Ronaldo. We couldn’t afford Pogba. We couldn’t afford Afobe. We couldn’t afford Gayle. So the fact they signed for other clubs is utterly irrelevant.

What do you mean “not giving him the cards”? Like breaking our transfer record outside the Premier League - like they already have you mean?

You haven’t thought this one through have you? Just more meaningless sound bites in order to troll. At least you have a friend to play off on this thread, it can be a rich tapestry of meaningless nonsense back and forth. How quaint.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:08 - Oct 21 with 711 viewsicecoldjack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:27 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

Do you know what the parachute payments are for? You realise they aren’t extra surplus income? It is income needed to stop the club going bust, not to give it a little treat to spend on something pretty.

Do you know we haven’t got the cash for those 16 players sitting around? You realise we sold them simply because we had to raise £40m in order to survive? Yet you think we should have spent it on a striker?

There is absolutely no thought behind these silly sound bites at all. None.

So you think our budget after 7 yrs of prem football and of constantly selling assets to replace with cheaper options coupled with parachute payments for 3yrs which come after selling/clearing out 16 high earning playing staff doesn't afford potter a striker ?

Here's one, how about we take the money Pearlman and Huw have not been earning and use that instead ?

There's you pleading povity on behalf of the yanks and there's a million pound a year in wages for those 2 blokes who have done nothing the last 2/3 yrs to hel0 the club !

If there is no money then where has it gone ?

If the money has been squandered then why is the chairman not sacked and his wages saved to help cut costs.?

If there is no money why do we pay 500k for a commercial dept. Head who has pretty much done nothing to justify his wages.

If there is no money then what happened to the 50% relegation clause that Huw always talked about "to ensure the club is in good order" if a relegation happened ?

You support the yanks and Huw, yet they are the incompetent ones that have ensured money is now tight, but they face no consequences but potter does ?

All of those things yet mugs like you just talk about " do you know how much it costs " talk about brainwashed.

The club is fooked if we can't afford a half decent championship level striker fella.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:19 - Oct 21 with 707 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:08 - Oct 21 by icecoldjack

So you think our budget after 7 yrs of prem football and of constantly selling assets to replace with cheaper options coupled with parachute payments for 3yrs which come after selling/clearing out 16 high earning playing staff doesn't afford potter a striker ?

Here's one, how about we take the money Pearlman and Huw have not been earning and use that instead ?

There's you pleading povity on behalf of the yanks and there's a million pound a year in wages for those 2 blokes who have done nothing the last 2/3 yrs to hel0 the club !

If there is no money then where has it gone ?

If the money has been squandered then why is the chairman not sacked and his wages saved to help cut costs.?

If there is no money why do we pay 500k for a commercial dept. Head who has pretty much done nothing to justify his wages.

If there is no money then what happened to the 50% relegation clause that Huw always talked about "to ensure the club is in good order" if a relegation happened ?

You support the yanks and Huw, yet they are the incompetent ones that have ensured money is now tight, but they face no consequences but potter does ?

All of those things yet mugs like you just talk about " do you know how much it costs " talk about brainwashed.

The club is fooked if we can't afford a half decent championship level striker fella.

Pointless talking let alone reasoning with that one, we all his lesser. The guy is on the bait and is being reeled in.

The club is now on a par with its incomings and making a little. Aside a few big earners, those earners will be gone by the time the parachute payments have stopped, the club is ok.

Speaking to someone within on the coaching staff, they are pushing for new players and are not totally satisfied with the cards they have.

Some people will say"soundbites" but these are actual words off someone who is deep within the playing side of things.

The long game will prove people wrong.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:50 - Oct 21 with 683 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:19 - Oct 21 by magicdaps10

Pointless talking let alone reasoning with that one, we all his lesser. The guy is on the bait and is being reeled in.

The club is now on a par with its incomings and making a little. Aside a few big earners, those earners will be gone by the time the parachute payments have stopped, the club is ok.

Speaking to someone within on the coaching staff, they are pushing for new players and are not totally satisfied with the cards they have.

Some people will say"soundbites" but these are actual words off someone who is deep within the playing side of things.

The long game will prove people wrong.

So you are now appreciative of the efforts that it has taken just to balance the books.

You’re almost prepared for more austerity as the income streams reduce further in the next year.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:21 - Oct 21 with 660 viewsBadlands

When you play very well and get dropped, for someone who is (at best) no better than you are, how do you react?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024