Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... 18:45 - Oct 20 with 5867 viewsbonymine

My thoughts here ;

Mulder should be No1 no need to rotate your keepers Nordfelt had his chance although he did do well today .....

Massive faux pas giving Cian Harries his League debut at Villa Park in front on 42,000 fans ....the lad is a great talent but giving him his debut at Villa Park is a HUGE ask on for any player ....

I understand that squad rotation given the number of games must be central to team selection this season, however, balance and quality MUST certainly come into it as well !! Why on Earth didn’t Grimes & Naughton start today ?

I appreciate he’s got a difficult job but some decisions are bewildering ....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:36 - Oct 24 with 775 viewsDr_Winston

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:33 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

That is a ludicrous thing to state considering where we came from the last time we were there compared to this time.

Maybe Huw could put his wage in line to what it was last time we were there. That is not a knock at you just stating the reality of things.

It's only ludicrous if you're dull enough to believe that we could drop into the Championship and still spend £10-15m a window without going to the wall for a third time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 09:03 - Oct 24 with 748 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:36 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

It's only ludicrous if you're dull enough to believe that we could drop into the Championship and still spend £10-15m a window without going to the wall for a third time.

Whose saying we should be spending £10-£15m on players?
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:27 - Oct 24 with 703 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:36 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Agreed.

You dont need to spend that amount of money and it is a necessity to get the scouting as bang on as possible.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:36 - Oct 24 with 685 viewsDr_Winston

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 09:03 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Whose saying we should be spending £10-£15m on players?

Everyone bitching about the fact that we've only spent £6-7m?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:52 - Oct 24 with 663 viewsjasper_T

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 08:03 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Not you in particular, just saying in general.

You got people saying how much we needed to cut cloth and reduce costs, which is correct, but then at the first sign of a bit of bad form start ripping into the manager. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

When he's making avoidable mistakes (like dropping players in form for players that have been poor, and changing shape and system when what we had was working) it's entirely reasonable to rip into him. Just because he's operating under limitations doesn't mean he's immune from all criticism.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:17 - Oct 24 with 643 viewsGlyn1

And yet, looking at Derby and Blackburn's fixtures this evening and on Saturday, I confidently expect us to be back up to 6th by Saturday evening. He must be doing something right.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:30 - Oct 24 with 625 viewsjasper_T

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:17 - Oct 24 by Glyn1

And yet, looking at Derby and Blackburn's fixtures this evening and on Saturday, I confidently expect us to be back up to 6th by Saturday evening. He must be doing something right.

It's a poor league, Glyn.

No one's saying he's getting it all wrong. If anything it makes it more frustrating that he seems to have work out the right answers only to change the formula next time out. Last night's revival was accomplished using the same system we did against Leeds (with Grimes and James in for Olsson and McKay). Most of us said at the time that was the best we'd played, and should be the structure going forward, but Potter didn't seem to agree.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:31 - Oct 24 with 623 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:52 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

When he's making avoidable mistakes (like dropping players in form for players that have been poor, and changing shape and system when what we had was working) it's entirely reasonable to rip into him. Just because he's operating under limitations doesn't mean he's immune from all criticism.

No but like yourself in the match thread, before the game had even started "sharpening the knives"

It's ridiculous. We just beat a team that have lost 4 in god knows how many.
Login to get fewer ads

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:33 - Oct 24 with 619 viewsjasper_T

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:31 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

No but like yourself in the match thread, before the game had even started "sharpening the knives"

It's ridiculous. We just beat a team that have lost 4 in god knows how many.

I said the knives were being sharpened, and they were. Nordfeldt was on the teamsheet again. Twitter not happy.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 14:40 - Oct 24 with 617 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:36 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Everyone bitching about the fact that we've only spent £6-7m?

Spending that £6-£7m is completely different from the first time around. When we were last here we were a club on the up, with a good squad established by Roberto.

This pre season was completely different, we were on the slide.

We lost in one full swoop:
Fabianksi
Mawson
Fernandez
Sanches
Tammy
Clucas
Ayew Brothers
Ki

Who all were first team players last year in the first XI on the whole, as well as that, we lost the likes of Bartley, Britton, Amat who would have been squad players this year.

Replacing eight players from the starting XI, plus three or four from the squad is not easy for £6-7m, I have no problem with him being tasked to do it, it's what our budget allows, it is what it is, but it's a tough job and he's doing it exceptionally. Anyone would think it's a walk in the park.

Just my take on it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 14:44]
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:53 - Oct 24 with 601 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 12:27 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Agreed.

You dont need to spend that amount of money and it is a necessity to get the scouting as bang on as possible.

Re the post on page 3 - what’s going to happen in 18 months time?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:10 - Oct 24 with 566 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 15:53 - Oct 24 by Cooperman

Re the post on page 3 - what’s going to happen in 18 months time?

Give you a little clue.....the parachute payments.

Cuts have had to be made, not to the level we have seen.

Also, Bony being injured........he has been ready for first team action for a few weeks.

There, I said it!!!

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:06 - Oct 24 with 544 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:10 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Give you a little clue.....the parachute payments.

Cuts have had to be made, not to the level we have seen.

Also, Bony being injured........he has been ready for first team action for a few weeks.

There, I said it!!!

What about the parachute payments? Are you referring to them stopping?

If yes then why are you saying that further cuts are not needed? Assuming we remain in the same league with similar commercial streams then our overall income will still take several downward steps as the parachute payments cease. This invariably means reducing outgoings accordingly.

You have no greater understanding of the financial status than any other PS poster. According to what we’ve heard not even the Trust are seeing the recent monthly reports.

If you’re not referring to them stopping then what is it?

As for Bony, I never suggested otherwise as I’m not ITK.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:16 - Oct 24 with 535 viewsDr_Winston

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:06 - Oct 24 by Cooperman

If yes then why are you saying that further cuts are not needed? Assuming we remain in the same league with similar commercial streams then our overall income will still take several downward steps as the parachute payments cease. This invariably means reducing outgoings accordingly.

You have no greater understanding of the financial status than any other PS poster. According to what we’ve heard not even the Trust are seeing the recent monthly reports.

Dapsy doesn't have the first idea what's going on. Sadly he seems to take internet rumour as Gospel truth.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:52 - Oct 24 with 518 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:16 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Dapsy doesn't have the first idea what's going on. Sadly he seems to take internet rumour as Gospel truth.

On the contrary, wish I could just blurt out what I know.

If you think the owners are trying to run the club parallel to the incomings, they are not, If you think they plan to run the club, lets say 40% below the incomings in time......well done you.

Saying you have to cut costs is one thing, using it as an excuse for the big plan is another.

I get what some of you are saying, if you genuinely think that it is being done for the best of Swansea City.........fair enough!!

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:09 - Oct 24 with 503 viewsCooperman

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:52 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

On the contrary, wish I could just blurt out what I know.

If you think the owners are trying to run the club parallel to the incomings, they are not, If you think they plan to run the club, lets say 40% below the incomings in time......well done you.

Saying you have to cut costs is one thing, using it as an excuse for the big plan is another.

I get what some of you are saying, if you genuinely think that it is being done for the best of Swansea City.........fair enough!!

LOL at your first sentence. Spit it out mun.

If you can’t then PM me and I’ll blurt it out.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:12 - Oct 24 with 500 viewsE20Jack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:06 - Oct 24 by Cooperman

It’s amazing how many morons we have following our club that thinks the parachute maymebts are some sort of reward. They are essentially already spent before you get them, they cover overheads.

We can’t afford to play Bony, same goes for Narshingh and Dyer. Not sure why that is a big secret.

I am also amazed we have fans dull enough to think we made too many cutbacks whilst completely being oblivious to the fact we did not make enough and as a result there is more to come. I’m perversely looking forward to these people having a meltdown in January.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024