Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jacks & Loyalists 09:18 - Nov 25 with 39119 viewsSwanSwan

I noticed a new flag yesterday which I assume to be a loyalist flag. The Ulster hand and Rangers badge with Union Jack colours. Just wondering what the significance of this is?

I don't personally see how this or the Union Jack represents Swansea in any way. I get that plenty people identify as British but given the Union Jack is a amalgamation of each flag in the union aside from Wales why would we choose to display it in a Welsh football ground? Its almost seems welcoming to our opposition.

Do those that fly these flags not consider themselves Welsh too? Is there another political agenda at play here? Looking for an explanation of the Swansea Loyalist subculture really.

Tin hat on.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:36 - Nov 25 with 2407 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:34 - Nov 25 by byron

Very embarrassing for normal jacks. Shame you can’t get enough together to rid them, politics needs to kept away from football. Just look at the state of Glasgow because if it.

Republican followers and loyalists at both our clubs, fck me it's been the same for years.Ex players from both our teams following England etc ... It's all tied in.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:38 - Nov 25 with 2404 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:33 - Nov 25 by Loyal

Or the perception of people loading them all in to one bracket.
There in is the problem.

We are all in one bracket though. That's the whole point of everyone being in the stand.
We are all supporting the club.
We are not all supporting loyalists, or republicans, so why is the flag there? I may not want to be associated with it, but I am, as I am perceived to be part of the same fan base by onlookers.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:39 - Nov 25 with 2405 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:32 - Nov 25 by Kilkennyjack

I had a ticket in the West for the Ipswich game, and indeed there was a Moslim lady fan in a swans home top and matching white hajib.

Fair play ... our club is now for everyone 👏.

My mate is a motorcycle fanatic. He’s got a big Manx flag hanging in his garage. I’ll see if I can borrow it one week and fetch it down for a match.

It would make Clasey’s day. Ought to start a good six-pager thread on here.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:41 - Nov 25 with 2393 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:38 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

We are all in one bracket though. That's the whole point of everyone being in the stand.
We are not all supporting loyalists, or republicans, so why is the flag there? I may not want to be associated with it, but I am, as I am perceived to be part of the same fan base by onlookers.

That's the problem with judgemental people, it's not much different to three Cardiff fans bringing two flags each to an international game. Which is what they used to do to give the impression they were in the majority, which they most certainly were not.

It leaves an impression however flawed.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 12:47]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:59 - Nov 25 with 2349 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:41 - Nov 25 by Loyal

That's the problem with judgemental people, it's not much different to three Cardiff fans bringing two flags each to an international game. Which is what they used to do to give the impression they were in the majority, which they most certainly were not.

I guess I see the similarity.
But my point is the same.
I wouldn't want to be associated with those Cardiff flags, same as I don't want to be associated with loyalist flags.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:03 - Nov 25 with 2341 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:41 - Nov 25 by Loyal

Wales support away has always been majority bluebirds, if you can’t accept that, you need help.
The games I went to in the 90’s we never saw any, the odd two maybe together, that’s it.
You have more these days but mainly due to your clubs rise, Wales doing the best they ever have and many Cardiff nutters not going anymore.

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:10 - Nov 25 with 2337 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:36 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

It's great to have that Muslim lady as a fan, but surely if she brought a Sharia Law flag, with "Swans Loyal" written on it, that would be frowned upon by one or 2?

I can confirm she came to watch the football like everyone else, and had no flag.
Happy to help 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:12 - Nov 25 with 2330 viewsJackSomething

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:03 - Nov 25 by byron

Wales support away has always been majority bluebirds, if you can’t accept that, you need help.
The games I went to in the 90’s we never saw any, the odd two maybe together, that’s it.
You have more these days but mainly due to your clubs rise, Wales doing the best they ever have and many Cardiff nutters not going anymore.

Did you go around asking every fan who they supported then? Otherwise, you're talking shit. As usual.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:16 - Nov 25 with 2317 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:10 - Nov 25 by Kilkennyjack

I can confirm she came to watch the football like everyone else, and had no flag.
Happy to help 👍

Phew!

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:18 - Nov 25 with 2313 viewsshandyjack

What absolute nonsense

Poll: Expectation for the season

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:22 - Nov 25 with 2307 viewsDr_Winston

Three pages of response to an obvious fishing trip. Must be a dull Sunday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:43 - Nov 25 with 2276 viewsSwanSwan

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:22 - Nov 25 by Dr_Winston

Three pages of response to an obvious fishing trip. Must be a dull Sunday.

I asked what I felt was a valid question given the appearance of the loyalist flag and there some good discussion and explanations with mostly respectful responses from all despite what side their identity/opinion! 👍
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:46 - Nov 25 with 2269 viewsHumpty

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:30 - Nov 25 by Loyal

What are you spouting on about now you silly piss tank. Of course there has been a Birmingham flag for many years in the 90's plus Dudley I've seen, clearly you are sat on your potty with an arse wiper stood behind you is clearly affecting your eyesight and comprehension of everyday things.

Silly piss tank is possibly one of the best insults I've ever seen on here, and we've had some good ones.

Well done.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:51 - Nov 25 with 2256 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:36 - Nov 25 by Loyal

Republican followers and loyalists at both our clubs, fck me it's been the same for years.Ex players from both our teams following England etc ... It's all tied in.

I know we had them, they would never display flags about it at ninian park though, it wouldn’t last a minute up.

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:53 - Nov 25 with 2257 viewsDr_Winston

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:43 - Nov 25 by SwanSwan

I asked what I felt was a valid question given the appearance of the loyalist flag and there some good discussion and explanations with mostly respectful responses from all despite what side their identity/opinion! 👍

Of course you did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:04 - Nov 25 with 2207 viewstoulouse

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:38 - Nov 25 by trampie

Football is tribal, the more passionate the support base the more hostile the environment for the opposition, Swansea did rank as a passionate fanbase back in the day, Swansea is now in danger of losing its identity [as a Welsh team representing people from its community].

Woohoo. A flag thread. F*ck all changes on this sh*te site.

I f*cking love Copenhagen.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:18 - Nov 25 with 2190 viewsDJack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:04 - Nov 25 by toulouse

Wooho, you're back!

Did you leave for a bit or had you just given up posting?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:00 - Nov 25 with 2153 viewsjack247

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:38 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

That’s exactly right.

Everyone has their own politics. Not everyone feels the need to use a football match as a vehicle to cockwave about them.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:41 - Nov 25 with 2102 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:04 - Nov 25 by toulouse

Well, you started it!

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:51 - Nov 25 with 2087 viewstoulouse

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:41 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

Well, you started it!

Yes, yes I did. Under the influence of a person with a similar name to mine 😂

I f*cking love Copenhagen.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:53 - Nov 25 with 2085 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:51 - Nov 25 by toulouse

Yes, yes I did. Under the influence of a person with a similar name to mine 😂

Those were the days, fella’!

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:54 - Nov 25 with 2042 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:32 - Nov 25 by SwanSwan

Thank you for the explanation Lohengrin, no twisted nickers here.

My eyes weren't good enough to identify the words but ‘Quis Seperabit?’ does seem to fit the bill. A quick search translates it to

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" and is associated with Ulster Unionism.

All good with the decent lads supporting the swans but not sure this form of political symbolism belongs on show at a Welsh football club.

Football is all about tribalism, and there's nothing wrong with that if it stays as banter and doesn't turn nasty. Unfortunately when it's also tied in with religious bigotry then, as we know, it does turn nasty. The Rangers/Celtic thing is probably the best (or should I say worst) example of this. Two groups of "Christians" who absolutely hate each other just because Henry Vlll created a spin-off faction in the 1500s because the Pope wouldn't let him get divorced. A bit silly really isn't it ? The people in both groups should have a bit of perspective and realise they're not all that different really. Hug it out lads.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:03 - Nov 25 with 2025 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:46 - Nov 25 by Humpty

Silly piss tank is possibly one of the best insults I've ever seen on here, and we've had some good ones.

Well done.

Piss tank © Loyal.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:05 - Nov 25 with 2021 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:51 - Nov 25 by byron

I know we had them, they would never display flags about it at ninian park though, it wouldn’t last a minute up.

I'm pretty certain knowing some of your lads of that disposition it wouldn't have ended well.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:17 - Nov 25 with 2007 viewsLoyal

This is the problem, the absolute nonsense that if you say something repeatedly every day even the bloody stupid will believe it.

Point in case, Scotland v Wales 1997, not bloody one of you turned up, full of it, and the hundreds of jacks there in kilmarnock. Listen you turn out for the big games and rarely for anything else. You only know what you choose to believe. I've been with loads of jacks at many Wales games, Cyprus away a few years back ... Majority were Wrexham and Swansea. Italy away granted a huge Cardiff turn out when Toozy toppled a few. Don't make out we only go because your hooligans have stopped going, they only ever mouthed off when they were in the majority as many on here know.

As I said Kilmarnock 1997, the game your so called thugs were found out for what they are, bullies. Not a peep, have a lovely Sunday dreaming up new posts. Check out Abraham's website for even more lies and bullshit x 💋

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024