Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jacks & Loyalists 09:18 - Nov 25 with 39164 viewsSwanSwan

I noticed a new flag yesterday which I assume to be a loyalist flag. The Ulster hand and Rangers badge with Union Jack colours. Just wondering what the significance of this is?

I don't personally see how this or the Union Jack represents Swansea in any way. I get that plenty people identify as British but given the Union Jack is a amalgamation of each flag in the union aside from Wales why would we choose to display it in a Welsh football ground? Its almost seems welcoming to our opposition.

Do those that fly these flags not consider themselves Welsh too? Is there another political agenda at play here? Looking for an explanation of the Swansea Loyalist subculture really.

Tin hat on.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:44 - Nov 25 with 2769 viewsCatullus

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:26 - Nov 25 by trampie

Swansea is a Welsh club.

Maybe we should be playing in the Welsh league then, maybe Berwick should be kicked out of the Scottish league and can take our place. Who replaces the other Welsh teams though?

This is a Welsh club, for Welsh people!! it's quite ridiculous. Or is it, maybe I should roll up to Old Trafford and weed out every non Mancunian, or maybe just every non English supporter and send them home.

I wonder, would Trampie and Kilkenny complain or be happy if Wales went Indy and our football teams were kicked out of the English league? I'm not saying that it would happen, just asking the question.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:45 - Nov 25 with 2769 viewsSA4

Swansea is a Welsh club.

Correct. But the original post I was replying to mentioned there was no need for political/nationalistic symbolism on football flags. Surely a Welsh independence flag is exactly that?😂
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 11:46]
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:45 - Nov 25 with 2765 viewspencoedjack

Some snowflakes about there days ....

If a Swansea/Celtic flag was on show at the Liberty id have a moment of distaste then forget about it.

There was a guy with a Neath rugby shirt on in the East anyone offended by that?
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:47 - Nov 25 with 2754 viewsDarran

Anyone that says it’s not bizarre to hang a flag with another teams crest on it at the Liberty is either lying or a bit fuçking thick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:48 - Nov 25 with 2752 viewsLoyal

Swansea is a Welsh club.

In a union of countries represented by the union Jack.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:48 - Nov 25 with 2743 viewsLohengrin

Swansea is a Welsh club.

Got up this morning and decided you believe in the Idea of the nation again, have you?

No borders is out of the window this week then, Tramp?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:49 - Nov 25 with 2742 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:21 - Nov 25 by raynor94

The Union Jack was loud and proud yesterday Kilks, surely you couldn't have missed it, if you were there?

Frankly, I much prefer a proper national flag to a political flag.

So ....Y ddraig goch, or the flag of St George ✅

The so-called ‘butchers apron’ ... not so much. Wales never joined any union. Not our flag.

That said, what would we talk about then ....🎣 😂

FTQ ....

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:49 - Nov 25 with 2740 viewsSA4

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:45 - Nov 25 by pencoedjack

If a Swansea/Celtic flag was on show at the Liberty id have a moment of distaste then forget about it.

There was a guy with a Neath rugby shirt on in the East anyone offended by that?

Exactly this. If I saw one of anything that was Swansea/Celtic I’d personally not like it but would never demand them to take it down or cry about it on the internet. As long as everyone is cheering on Swansea at the end of the day, I couldn’t care less.
Login to get fewer ads

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:51 - Nov 25 with 2731 viewsjack247

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:38 - Nov 25 by trampie

Football is tribal, the more passionate the support base the more hostile the environment for the opposition, Swansea did rank as a passionate fanbase back in the day, Swansea is now in danger of losing its identity [as a Welsh team representing people from its community].

We represent Swansea, not Wales or Britain. I’d never support Cardiff against an English team. They aren’t part of our tribe.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:51 - Nov 25 with 2726 viewsjackrmee

Come on...I was trying to point out that the flag was a Unionist flag. A Celtic flag to them guys would not be welcomed.

A neath shirt means nothing apart from a guy likes watching a local team play some sort of medieval game

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:51 - Nov 25 with 2724 viewsSA4

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:49 - Nov 25 by Kilkennyjack

Frankly, I much prefer a proper national flag to a political flag.

So ....Y ddraig goch, or the flag of St George ✅

The so-called ‘butchers apron’ ... not so much. Wales never joined any union. Not our flag.

That said, what would we talk about then ....🎣 😂

FTQ ....

Proper oddball you
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:52 - Nov 25 with 2722 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:47 - Nov 25 by Darran

Anyone that says it’s not bizarre to hang a flag with another teams crest on it at the Liberty is either lying or a bit fuçking thick.

I've seen den Haag, gloucester City, Partick thistle, PSV, Birmingham to name a few. I think it shows our diversity.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:54 - Nov 25 with 2713 viewsjack247

Yeah, I take that point. I just think bringing politics to football is a bit cheap. I hardly notice the flags at games and it certainly doesn’t stop me enjoying the football.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:54 - Nov 25 with 2712 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:44 - Nov 25 by Catullus

Maybe we should be playing in the Welsh league then, maybe Berwick should be kicked out of the Scottish league and can take our place. Who replaces the other Welsh teams though?

This is a Welsh club, for Welsh people!! it's quite ridiculous. Or is it, maybe I should roll up to Old Trafford and weed out every non Mancunian, or maybe just every non English supporter and send them home.

I wonder, would Trampie and Kilkenny complain or be happy if Wales went Indy and our football teams were kicked out of the English league? I'm not saying that it would happen, just asking the question.

We would do a deal mun.

‘Wexit ?’
Be the easiest deal ever ....

Why does that seem familiar ?
Sun kissed uplands and unicorns anyone ?

Dont talk it down mind, not allowed.

🎣

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:56 - Nov 25 with 2692 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:52 - Nov 25 by Loyal

I've seen den Haag, gloucester City, Partick thistle, PSV, Birmingham to name a few. I think it shows our diversity.

Yeah it's good to have links to other clubs and have a different supporter base. I love that side of things.

I didn't see the flag yesterday, but it sounds like a totally different type of flag to , lets say, a Den Haag flag, who we know are a club who's fans are mutually repsectful an look out for eachother's results etc.

Are Rangers such a club?
The red hand of Ulster...are those guys a bunch of Swans fans yeah?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:17 - Nov 25 with 2658 viewsEbo

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:21 - Nov 25 by raynor94

The Union Jack was loud and proud yesterday Kilks, surely you couldn't have missed it, if you were there?

Is it still upside down?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:19 - Nov 25 with 2652 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:56 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

Yeah it's good to have links to other clubs and have a different supporter base. I love that side of things.

I didn't see the flag yesterday, but it sounds like a totally different type of flag to , lets say, a Den Haag flag, who we know are a club who's fans are mutually repsectful an look out for eachother's results etc.

Are Rangers such a club?
The red hand of Ulster...are those guys a bunch of Swans fans yeah?

Certain swans fans have travelled to ibrox and Tynecastle over the years, for whatever reason and vice versa. Same when hartson was at celtic and well before as well. Again for whatever reason. Swans and Cardiff loyalists travel together and people have to accept it as much as killy and trampie are accepted on here. I know a swans fan who recently came out of jail for GBH on his Mrs, another for a sexual assault both cheer as loud!y as we all do when we win or score. Where do you draw the line ?

Where is the perfect swans fan ? I'll await the brief.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:22 - Nov 25 with 2641 viewsDarran

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:52 - Nov 25 by Loyal

Yeah someone should hang a Birmingham flag in the East Stand when we play them at home.

What a load of utter shit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:24 - Nov 25 with 2638 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:32 - Nov 25 by SwanSwan

Thank you for the explanation Lohengrin, no twisted nickers here.

My eyes weren't good enough to identify the words but ‘Quis Seperabit?’ does seem to fit the bill. A quick search translates it to

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" and is associated with Ulster Unionism.

All good with the decent lads supporting the swans but not sure this form of political symbolism belongs on show at a Welsh football club.

If it is them, and I suspect it probably is, it’s no big deal at all. Folk do retain a strong identification with their cultural heritage and the outward symbols thereof.

There’s nothing at all wrong with that. I mean, would anybody really bat an eyelid if a Sikh chap came into the Riverside sporting a turban? It’s all of a piece, really.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:30 - Nov 25 with 2621 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:22 - Nov 25 by Darran

Yeah someone should hang a Birmingham flag in the East Stand when we play them at home.

What a load of utter shit.

What are you spouting on about now you silly piss tank. Of course there has been a Birmingham flag for many years in the 90's plus Dudley I've seen, clearly you are sat on your potty with an arse wiper stood behind you is clearly affecting your eyesight and comprehension of everyday things.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:32 - Nov 25 with 2613 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:19 - Nov 25 by Loyal

Certain swans fans have travelled to ibrox and Tynecastle over the years, for whatever reason and vice versa. Same when hartson was at celtic and well before as well. Again for whatever reason. Swans and Cardiff loyalists travel together and people have to accept it as much as killy and trampie are accepted on here. I know a swans fan who recently came out of jail for GBH on his Mrs, another for a sexual assault both cheer as loud!y as we all do when we win or score. Where do you draw the line ?

Where is the perfect swans fan ? I'll await the brief.

I'd never judge those guys you mentioned. Until they started bringing massive flags with a pictures of sexual assaults, with Jack Army emblazoned on them.

My point is not the fans coming to support us, but their choice of brush to tar us with.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:32 - Nov 25 with 2616 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:24 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

If it is them, and I suspect it probably is, it’s no big deal at all. Folk do retain a strong identification with their cultural heritage and the outward symbols thereof.

There’s nothing at all wrong with that. I mean, would anybody really bat an eyelid if a Sikh chap came into the Riverside sporting a turban? It’s all of a piece, really.

I had a ticket in the West for the Ipswich game, and indeed there was a Moslim lady fan in a swans home top and matching white hajib.

Fair play ... our club is now for everyone 👏.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:33 - Nov 25 with 2610 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:32 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

I'd never judge those guys you mentioned. Until they started bringing massive flags with a pictures of sexual assaults, with Jack Army emblazoned on them.

My point is not the fans coming to support us, but their choice of brush to tar us with.

Or the perception of people loading them all in to one bracket.
There in is the problem.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:34 - Nov 25 with 2601 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:20 - Nov 25 by trampie

Union Jacks and Loyalist flags in the home end in Swansea is embarrassing and shameful, What message does it sends out to people watching on tv and what must opposing fans think ?
Immigration and English media and state propaganda history lessons in schools must be having an effect.

Very embarrassing for normal jacks. Shame you can’t get enough together to rid them, politics needs to kept away from football. Just look at the state of Glasgow because if it.

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:36 - Nov 25 with 2593 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:32 - Nov 25 by Kilkennyjack

I had a ticket in the West for the Ipswich game, and indeed there was a Moslim lady fan in a swans home top and matching white hajib.

Fair play ... our club is now for everyone 👏.

It's great to have that Muslim lady as a fan, but surely if she brought a Sharia Law flag, with "Swans Loyal" written on it, that would be frowned upon by one or 2?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024