Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling racially abused ? 09:24 - Dec 9 with 10577 viewscentrestandswan

Police looking into this, disgusting behaviour if true. What with a banana being thrown on the pitch at the Emirates last week are we returning to the seventies?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Sterling racially abused ? on 00:00 - Dec 12 with 1708 viewsbuilthjack

Was the Nathan Blake song racist? The fruit machine one

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sterling racially abused ? on 00:16 - Dec 12 with 1703 viewscontroversial_jack

Sterling racially abused ? on 18:23 - Dec 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It certainly is possible. In fact it has happened before;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-17343654

It happened to a Swans fan I know, a few years ago.He was up in court in England somewhere for shouting Jack bastard, which was mistaken for something else. He was found not guilty
Sterling racially abused ? on 10:38 - Dec 12 with 1609 viewsjackrabbit

Sterling racially abused ? on 22:22 - Dec 11 by Loyal

There's a lot of people!e losing their jobs for ' allegations' then if this carries on.
I would expect if he were an employee of yours you would know him and make your own assessment ?

Armed with ' all the facts ' ... Not just what flys around on social media and rags like the daily mail.

It's nothing to do with 'allegations' or social media or the Daily Mail. It's to do with the evidence of your own eyes. I watched the game live on Sunday and saw the Sterling incident when he went to take the corner. The contorted faces of the 4 blokes just behind the barrier, the mouthing of obscenities towards Sterling - faces filled with hate, and you didn't have to be much of a lip reader to see what was being shouted at Sterling. And the worst offender was WIng - (could be Jurgen Klopp's big brother only Klopp would not thank me for that!). Totally unedifying behaviour. I don't care if it was 'Manc c***!' or 'Black c***!' - it's immaterial. It was deeply uncivilised, grossly offensive behaviour and I see that his employer agreed with me, because he's lost his job - and his season ticket. Silly sod.

I feel sorry for his wife having to walk around her neighbourhood knowing that her husband's snarling face has been in all the papers and on tv. How mortifyingly embarrassing. And his poor daughter at school or work - knowing all her schoolmates/colleagues will be aware of her dad.

What possesses otherwise decent, civilised people - as this guy probably is - to behave in a barbaric uncivilised fashion in a football crowd? I can imagine now he must be cowed, miserable,depressed, embarrassed, contrite, and horrified at his own behaviour. A lesson to all similarly minded football fans. It's a game ffs!
Sterling racially abused ? on 10:47 - Dec 12 with 1601 viewsDarran

Sterling racially abused ? on 10:38 - Dec 12 by jackrabbit

It's nothing to do with 'allegations' or social media or the Daily Mail. It's to do with the evidence of your own eyes. I watched the game live on Sunday and saw the Sterling incident when he went to take the corner. The contorted faces of the 4 blokes just behind the barrier, the mouthing of obscenities towards Sterling - faces filled with hate, and you didn't have to be much of a lip reader to see what was being shouted at Sterling. And the worst offender was WIng - (could be Jurgen Klopp's big brother only Klopp would not thank me for that!). Totally unedifying behaviour. I don't care if it was 'Manc c***!' or 'Black c***!' - it's immaterial. It was deeply uncivilised, grossly offensive behaviour and I see that his employer agreed with me, because he's lost his job - and his season ticket. Silly sod.

I feel sorry for his wife having to walk around her neighbourhood knowing that her husband's snarling face has been in all the papers and on tv. How mortifyingly embarrassing. And his poor daughter at school or work - knowing all her schoolmates/colleagues will be aware of her dad.

What possesses otherwise decent, civilised people - as this guy probably is - to behave in a barbaric uncivilised fashion in a football crowd? I can imagine now he must be cowed, miserable,depressed, embarrassed, contrite, and horrified at his own behaviour. A lesson to all similarly minded football fans. It's a game ffs!

People probably behave in a barbaric uncivilised fashion in a football crowd at every game,every week for decades.
I’m not having a go at you here mate but do you actually go to games
Can you imagine the reaction from fans of ours at Brentford who saw the stamp on Joe Rodon? Surely you’re not saying they should all lose their jobs too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sterling racially abused ? on 10:55 - Dec 12 with 1594 viewsjackrabbit

Sterling racially abused ? on 10:47 - Dec 12 by Darran

People probably behave in a barbaric uncivilised fashion in a football crowd at every game,every week for decades.
I’m not having a go at you here mate but do you actually go to games
Can you imagine the reaction from fans of ours at Brentford who saw the stamp on Joe Rodon? Surely you’re not saying they should all lose their jobs too.

I agree with your first sentence - regrettably.

Yes I've been going to Swans games since 1962 when I was a freshman at Swansea Uni. I now live in London so my live Swans games are a little less frequent - I've seen 3 this season.

The situation you describe is totally different - no matter how unpleasant the reaction at Brentford, the crowd were reacting to a foul on a Swans player. Sterling's offence was to trot over the bye line to gather the ball for a corner. There was a similar incident Monday night at Goodison when again a couple of geriatric yobs shouted obscenities and made offensive hand gestures at Isaac Success who had strayed near their touchline. Wtf?
Sterling racially abused ? on 11:16 - Dec 12 with 1586 viewsDarran

Sterling racially abused ? on 10:55 - Dec 12 by jackrabbit

I agree with your first sentence - regrettably.

Yes I've been going to Swans games since 1962 when I was a freshman at Swansea Uni. I now live in London so my live Swans games are a little less frequent - I've seen 3 this season.

The situation you describe is totally different - no matter how unpleasant the reaction at Brentford, the crowd were reacting to a foul on a Swans player. Sterling's offence was to trot over the bye line to gather the ball for a corner. There was a similar incident Monday night at Goodison when again a couple of geriatric yobs shouted obscenities and made offensive hand gestures at Isaac Success who had strayed near their touchline. Wtf?

So I’ll give you a different scenario.

We play Cardiff at home and Michael Chopra or someone of that ilk comes towards the East Stand to take a throw-in and hundreds of people shout “fuçking scum çint” or something similar.

Should they all lose their jobs?

Sterling racially abused ? on 12:12 - Dec 12 with 1561 viewsjackrabbit

Sterling racially abused ? on 11:16 - Dec 12 by Darran

We play Cardiff at home and Michael Chopra or someone of that ilk comes towards the East Stand to take a throw-in and hundreds of people shout “fuçking scum çint” or something similar.

Darran, you're being a bit obtuse. Wing was caught on camera, centre frame and a closeup of his snarling face was ringed in the papers. Any company manager seeing that would have thought ' I don't want this guy associated with my company' and taken the appropriate action - as indeed is what happened. In answer to your question, if a particular individual stands out from the baying crowd, as Wing did, and is shown in photographs in the newspapers, easily recognisable, and his boss witnesses this and takes exception to it - an entirely understandable reaction - then it is extremely likely that he might find himself carpeted on a Monday morning and asked to explain himself, at best, or just summarily dismissed, at worst. 'Should they all lose their jobs? ' - depends if they're spotted doesn't it?
Sterling racially abused ? on 12:16 - Dec 12 with 1558 viewsDarran

Sterling racially abused ? on 12:12 - Dec 12 by jackrabbit

Darran, you're being a bit obtuse. Wing was caught on camera, centre frame and a closeup of his snarling face was ringed in the papers. Any company manager seeing that would have thought ' I don't want this guy associated with my company' and taken the appropriate action - as indeed is what happened. In answer to your question, if a particular individual stands out from the baying crowd, as Wing did, and is shown in photographs in the newspapers, easily recognisable, and his boss witnesses this and takes exception to it - an entirely understandable reaction - then it is extremely likely that he might find himself carpeted on a Monday morning and asked to explain himself, at best, or just summarily dismissed, at worst. 'Should they all lose their jobs? ' - depends if they're spotted doesn't it?

I’m not being obtuse.

Login to get fewer ads

Sterling racially abused ? on 14:04 - Dec 12 with 1525 viewsJackSomething

Not in my opinion, no.

But if one or more of those people shouting are filmed doing so, with the image/video being seen by millions of people across the country and prompting a national debate about as uncomfortable an issue as racism, then I expect they would lost their jobs.

Is that fair? No. Is it realistic? Yes.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Sterling racially abused ? on 16:33 - Dec 12 with 1492 viewsDarran

Sterling racially abused ? on 14:04 - Dec 12 by JackSomething

Not in my opinion, no.

But if one or more of those people shouting are filmed doing so, with the image/video being seen by millions of people across the country and prompting a national debate about as uncomfortable an issue as racism, then I expect they would lost their jobs.

Is that fair? No. Is it realistic? Yes.

The fella vehemently denies using the word black. Surely it should be proven first before he is sacked?

Sterling racially abused ? on 18:10 - Dec 12 with 1465 viewsbluey_the_blue

Don't be silly, you lot don't work...
Sterling racially abused ? on 18:18 - Dec 12 with 1459 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sterling racially abused ? on 00:00 - Dec 12 by builthjack

Was the Nathan Blake song racist? The fruit machine one

Not really no.

Black? Yes. Mean? Well, can't see that's a racial stereotype but it fits with the rest of the song.

Pointing out he robbed a fruit machine isn't pointing out he'd rob one due to his skin colour but recognition of the fact that he did indeed rob a fvcking fruit machine.
Sterling racially abused ? on 19:02 - Dec 12 with 1440 viewsSirjohnalot

Sterling racially abused ? on 16:33 - Dec 12 by Darran

The fella vehemently denies using the word black. Surely it should be proven first before he is sacked?

Hi Darren, dependant upon his place of work, being seen to be screaming abuse at someone, irrespective of what words were used would be enough to bring most companies into disrepute. I’d certainly be struck off if I were to be seen doing something like that.
Sterling racially abused ? on 19:05 - Dec 12 with 1436 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sterling racially abused ? on 19:02 - Dec 12 by Sirjohnalot

Hi Darren, dependant upon his place of work, being seen to be screaming abuse at someone, irrespective of what words were used would be enough to bring most companies into disrepute. I’d certainly be struck off if I were to be seen doing something like that.

How would it bring his company into disrepute? Is there a large sign above his head indicating where he works?

It's a slippery slope citing the "disrepute" angle. Given the antics I've seen at most Christmas parties, there would be nobody left working.
Sterling racially abused ? on 19:10 - Dec 12 with 1426 viewsSirjohnalot

Sterling racially abused ? on 19:05 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

How would it bring his company into disrepute? Is there a large sign above his head indicating where he works?

It's a slippery slope citing the "disrepute" angle. Given the antics I've seen at most Christmas parties, there would be nobody left working.

Once he’d been identified and the video had gone viral, it wouldn’t be difficult to find out where he worked. Especially customers of the firm who know him would reflect upon the firm in a negative way. ‘If they employ him, what type of company are they eg’.

Re the party comment, of course the difference being, that’s in private, amongst colleagues, to in public. Plus I’d imagine if an employee was screaming abuse at a colleague in the way shown, I’d imagine he’d also be looking at disciplinary measures.
Sterling racially abused ? on 21:35 - Dec 12 with 1377 viewsLoyal

I would imagine technology will sort this out ...
But beyond reasonable doubt ?
I wouldn't think so.

When I say technology I don't mean VAR.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sterling racially abused ? on 09:28 - Dec 13 with 1281 viewsJackSomething

Sterling racially abused ? on 19:10 - Dec 12 by Sirjohnalot

Once he’d been identified and the video had gone viral, it wouldn’t be difficult to find out where he worked. Especially customers of the firm who know him would reflect upon the firm in a negative way. ‘If they employ him, what type of company are they eg’.

Re the party comment, of course the difference being, that’s in private, amongst colleagues, to in public. Plus I’d imagine if an employee was screaming abuse at a colleague in the way shown, I’d imagine he’d also be looking at disciplinary measures.

Exactly. I thought this was so obvious that it wouldn't need explaining. Only on Planet Swans...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Sterling racially abused ? on 09:56 - Dec 13 with 1269 viewscontroversial_jack

Sterling racially abused ? on 16:33 - Dec 12 by Darran

Exactly, the burden of proof lies with his accusers.They need to prove that what he said was racist or stfu.
Sterling racially abused ? on 12:36 - Dec 13 with 1247 viewsSirjohnalot

Sterling racially abused ? on 09:56 - Dec 13 by controversial_jack

Exactly, the burden of proof lies with his accusers.They need to prove that what he said was racist or stfu.

Not for a Football Banning Order or to be sacked they don’t.

His behaviour is clearly enough to incite violence at a designated football match.
Sterling racially abused ? on 14:29 - Dec 13 with 1220 views34dfgdf54

Sterling racially abused ? on 11:13 - Dec 11 by Darran

That’s not entirely true now is it Blaine? Unless a lip reading expert had come out and said it this morning and I’ve missed it.
It’s been suggested that’s what he said but there’s nothing currently to back it up.

Correct Darran,

But innocent before proven guilty and all that jazz. He's lost his job, banned from Chelsea, there's a black guy a few seats across from him and he doesn't even flinch.
Sterling racially abused ? on 22:19 - Dec 13 with 1164 viewscontroversial_jack

Sterling racially abused ? on 12:36 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

Not for a Football Banning Order or to be sacked they don’t.

His behaviour is clearly enough to incite violence at a designated football match.

I disagree, he could have been saying anything.
Sterling racially abused ? on 22:42 - Dec 13 with 1151 viewsSirjohnalot

Sterling racially abused ? on 22:19 - Dec 13 by controversial_jack

I disagree, he could have been saying anything.

He’s admitted he called him a f....Manc in an aggressive way, which is enough for a public order offence and a FBO.

Look at the way he and all those baffoons were acting. Deserve all they get.
Sterling racially abused ? on 00:07 - Dec 14 with 1136 viewscontroversial_jack

Sterling racially abused ? on 22:42 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

He’s admitted he called him a f....Manc in an aggressive way, which is enough for a public order offence and a FBO.

Look at the way he and all those baffoons were acting. Deserve all they get.

If he's dull enough to admit it!
Sterling racially abused ? on 00:53 - Dec 14 with 1122 viewsScottishEddie

Sterling racially abused ? on 14:29 - Dec 13 by 34dfgdf54

Correct Darran,

But innocent before proven guilty and all that jazz. He's lost his job, banned from Chelsea, there's a black guy a few seats across from him and he doesn't even flinch.

“there’s a black guy a few seats across from him and he doesn’t even flinch.”

Is this a serious comment?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Sterling racially abused ? on 07:21 - Dec 14 with 1094 viewsSirjohnalot

Sterling racially abused ? on 00:07 - Dec 14 by controversial_jack

If he's dull enough to admit it!

But he did, as if to say ‘ that’s perfectly ok what I did’.

Have never understood the hatred in some football supporters. Why is it in any way acceptable to scream abuse like that ? Nothing to do with “passion’, he was just being a thug. I’ve prosecuted and defended many people like that and their stock response is ‘it’s football innit’
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024