Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter 19:30 - Dec 22 with 4925 viewsdickythorpe

Discuss
Potter on 20:12 - Dec 22 with 1639 viewsItchySphincter

Potter on 20:06 - Dec 22 by hobo

Superb manager

He could well be. He has some work to do though.

TBH, where we are is probably about right for a team decimated by relegation. A bit of tweak here and there and cutting out repeated mistakes will see us doing very well.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Potter on 20:13 - Dec 22 with 1637 viewsFireboy2

Potter on 20:04 - Dec 22 by valleyboy

What I have seen of Woods this season with Stoke and last season with Brentford. He is the one player that would have made a big difference in this Swansea side

Not only would he have helped Grimes in midfield, but helped in relieving the pressure off the defence as well

This

Big fvcking style

And we missed out because of 500k FFS
Potter on 20:15 - Dec 22 with 1629 viewsItchySphincter

Potter on 20:12 - Dec 22 by 34dfgdf54

Crack on.

It helps if you know what you’re talking about though and unfortunately you don’t. Some of your comments about Ki for example was disgusting, you’re a complete tw*t of a bloke.

What are you going on about now? Ki, FFS! Who mentioned Ki?!

If anyone was in any doubt what you're antics were all about.....

Go and have a lie down.

Potter on 20:17 - Dec 22 with 1622 views34dfgdf54

Potter on 20:13 - Dec 22 by Fireboy2

This

Big fvcking style

And we missed out because of 500k FFS

Way more than that.

We wanted him for £2.5m and didn’t he go for £7m, we were never realistically in for him in my opinion.
Potter on 20:19 - Dec 22 with 1606 viewsGaz_M

Doing a superb job.
Potter on 20:23 - Dec 22 with 1591 views34dfgdf54

Potter on 20:19 - Dec 22 by Gaz_M

Doing a superb job.

Agreed.
Potter on 20:28 - Dec 22 with 1578 viewsgiantstoneater

Potter is in a long line of managers who hasn't been backed by the board. I don't like the tinkering with the side but don't see that he has much option, a third or so of the squad was playing U23s football or at a lower lever. Fer is not a captain in a million years we need someone who can lead by example he doesn't.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 23:57]
Potter on 20:30 - Dec 22 with 1572 viewsDr_Winston

I've seen some concentrated dumbassery posted about the Swans this season but some of the responses to this thread take the biscuit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Potter on 20:34 - Dec 22 with 1555 viewsQJumpingJack

Potter is an excellent manager who will be successful.
Whether he is successful with us remains to be seen. He may be the right man at the wrong time.

The club seems quite fragile and until our owners understand how football works in the UK, then any manager we have is likely to struggle.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 20:48]
Potter on 20:47 - Dec 22 with 1521 viewsmonmouth

I think he'll be a very good long term manager if he gets to build what he wants, and he gets over this idea that he has to keep changing the side every 5 minutes. He also needs a fair bit of luck so that what are still only promising youngsters that are pretty much the mainstay of the team, actually do progress and make it as consistent reliable players.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Potter on 20:54 - Dec 22 with 1492 viewsgiantstoneater

Potter on 20:30 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

I've seen some concentrated dumbassery posted about the Swans this season but some of the responses to this thread take the biscuit.

I forgot to mention that I think he is the right man for the and I hope he is given the time he needs.
Potter on 20:58 - Dec 22 with 1479 viewsjasper_T

Today's gameplan would have worked but for some dodgy finishing. Looked content to let their dangermen have some freedom while Roberts and John pushed on, and we created enough chances doing that to win the game comfortably.

One change in attack and one in defence isn't much tinkering given the time of year. Don't think we looked unsettled by the changes, and Wilf had a decent enough hour.

Needed the subs on earlier, though. Main criticism of Potter from the start of the season till now has to be how he doesn't address issues until after they've cost us. As they said in commentary we're the one team in the league where the first goal really doesn't matter, we give up leads as readily as we recover them.

Not the first time a team has changed their approach slightly and gained a foothold, with Potter seemingly content to leave things lie and hope for the best. Warning signs are there so you can change direction before plummeting off the cliff.
Potter on 21:13 - Dec 22 with 1437 viewsItchySphincter

Potter on 20:58 - Dec 22 by jasper_T

Today's gameplan would have worked but for some dodgy finishing. Looked content to let their dangermen have some freedom while Roberts and John pushed on, and we created enough chances doing that to win the game comfortably.

One change in attack and one in defence isn't much tinkering given the time of year. Don't think we looked unsettled by the changes, and Wilf had a decent enough hour.

Needed the subs on earlier, though. Main criticism of Potter from the start of the season till now has to be how he doesn't address issues until after they've cost us. As they said in commentary we're the one team in the league where the first goal really doesn't matter, we give up leads as readily as we recover them.

Not the first time a team has changed their approach slightly and gained a foothold, with Potter seemingly content to leave things lie and hope for the best. Warning signs are there so you can change direction before plummeting off the cliff.

You're on fire tonight Jasp. He has at times made great subs though, Sheff Utd and Millwall spring to mind.

Potter on 21:24 - Dec 22 with 1404 viewsmonmouth

https://www.swanseacity.com/

Good interview

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Potter on 21:28 - Dec 22 with 1394 viewsFireboy2

Potter on 20:30 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Dumbassery

Effing brilliant by the Dr
Potter on 21:40 - Dec 22 with 1372 views3swan

Potter on 21:24 - Dec 22 by monmouth

https://www.swanseacity.com/

Good interview

I saw his interview on Sky and couldn't argue with anything he said. What I do want to pick up on was the the subs were too late. We had given Hull a foothold back into the game, even before the goal. This had Rotherham written all over it and we were carrying both Fer and McKay.
As well as GP has done with the hand he has been dealt with he is also not reacting early enough and playing the safe.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 21:41]
Potter on 22:05 - Dec 22 with 1322 viewsjasper_T

Potter on 21:40 - Dec 22 by 3swan

I saw his interview on Sky and couldn't argue with anything he said. What I do want to pick up on was the the subs were too late. We had given Hull a foothold back into the game, even before the goal. This had Rotherham written all over it and we were carrying both Fer and McKay.
As well as GP has done with the hand he has been dealt with he is also not reacting early enough and playing the safe.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 21:41]

Rotherham was the big one where you could see watching the game that they were adapting to our gameplan in stages (first shutting down our main threat in DJ - who was also knackered - then finding spaces and getting up the pitch) and yet Potter did nothing until the 90th minute when we'd already gone behind.
Potter on 23:06 - Dec 22 with 1259 viewsLoyal

Potter should be given the keys to the city if he keeps this team in this league with the bullets he's been given. Anyone who thinks differently should go and choose a premier League team to follow. Too spoilt for too long.

Best coach we have had since Martinez. Look deeper than Potter like the American scum running the show.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter on 23:24 - Dec 22 with 1229 viewsjasper_T

Potter on 23:06 - Dec 22 by Loyal

Potter should be given the keys to the city if he keeps this team in this league with the bullets he's been given. Anyone who thinks differently should go and choose a premier League team to follow. Too spoilt for too long.

Best coach we have had since Martinez. Look deeper than Potter like the American scum running the show.

You think our squad isn't better than 3 other teams in this division? Have you looked at some of the sh*te getting regular time at bottom half clubs?

Just because we're playing some kids and some dodgy seniors doesn't mean we're relegation fodder. That's how the PL worked, but it's the norm at this level.
Potter on 00:27 - Dec 23 with 1199 views34dfgdf54

Potter on 23:24 - Dec 22 by jasper_T

You think our squad isn't better than 3 other teams in this division? Have you looked at some of the sh*te getting regular time at bottom half clubs?

Just because we're playing some kids and some dodgy seniors doesn't mean we're relegation fodder. That's how the PL worked, but it's the norm at this level.

I’d expect us to be a mid table championship team, which is what we are achieving.
Potter on 06:30 - Dec 23 with 1151 viewsJinxy

Potter is what we need to reset and rebuild, which is what is happening really. I think the combo of inexperience at this level (both with the players and perhaps Potter), volume of games and a lack of overall squad quality (and therefore options for GP) is giving rise to apparent individual errors, which is what I saw yesterday. Examples of this were John giving the ball away cheaply near their box, Grimes, Rodon, Fer and so on. Even Mulder, before his fine save, made a rash decision. Players are encouraged to be brave, and therefore errors will occur as part of this (I remember many moons ago Rogers taking responsibility after Taylor gave the ball away cheaply when playing out from the back instead of hoofing it, which led directly to a goal).

The board's urgency of any return to the PL, as well as GP's ambitions, will determine the need to strengthen as well as reduce costs in January - which can be done if they do it properly. For me, we need to set aside our halcyon days (it's cruel, but it's an unfair comparison now), enjoy the pockets of promising performances and realise that a mid table finish will be OK for us at this point. As fans, we need to continue to support him/them as I'm sure we will, and even though it's difficult, be patient with the errors and so on otherwise we'll see our players not wanting the ball, deliberately not moving into space (oh yes Mr Sung-Yueng), and losing the inability to cross etc. as we saw a season or two ago, when fear kicked in and confidence was shot to bits.

Potter is a good egg and a great fit for us, so we need to maintain patience and all will be fine - provided he's supported by those all around him of course.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 6:33]
Potter on 08:17 - Dec 23 with 1086 viewsThornburyswan

Potter on 19:35 - Dec 22 by skacrazy

Potter isn't the problem.

This. He's still young & learning the job and clearly needs far more support from the board but most important to me is we simply cannot keep changing managers every half-season if we aren't in the top 6/promoted/win every week etc - firstly we waste too much money paying them & their coaching teams off & it damages the club reputation.

To give GP some credit our style has improved, several young/fringe players have stepped up & most of the time we are better to watch - if anyone in here thinks we should be top 6 & pushing for a return to the Prem they need to look at the quality of our squad vs the other top 8/10 sides in the division.

For me we are around 3 first team players short of a top 6/7 side - good consistent nine, proper midfield organiser who can put a foot in, pass the ball & comfortably last 90 minutes twice a week & a consistently good set piece taker/goal scoring midfielder - if we want to fully push for the Prem add a first choice left back & experienced CB to that 3.

Clearly the Board will/can not support that level of investment right now so this season is about survival/consolidation & therefore anywhere between 10th - 18th is my expectation, for me anywhere above 12th would be good solid achievement for GP - then we see who we can exit & what that means financially for next season & build from there.

Only route for a GP sacking for me would be relegation to Div 1 which clearly would require another significant cost cut campaign.
Potter on 09:52 - Dec 23 with 1030 viewsSTID2017

Potter on 19:42 - Dec 22 by 34dfgdf54

F*cking pathetic OP and a pathetic bunch of supporters we have, to be honest though it’s mainly only the ones who post on this sh*t show.

Firstly I agree it's still early days for GP and he is hampered by a mixture of young and ubfit players, as well as needing a boost in the transfer window (which I can't see happening.
However to berate the OP, when all he said was "Potter - discuss" is a bit odd.
He hasn't stated his own view and for all we know could be Potter's greatest fan

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Potter on 09:55 - Dec 23 with 1022 viewsQJumpingJack

There have been a few quotes that the board need to "back" Potter.

I am not convinced the board have the expertise or experience to support Potter.
Everything the "new" board have done since they took over has been a disaster.

If Potter is to succeed at the club, he may have to do it without the support of Jason and Steve.
Potter on 11:24 - Dec 23 with 965 viewsswan85

For me Potter is doing a good job with what he has got. We should have put them to bed within 30 minutes, but didn’t. I don’t think we can blame him for that on the pitch. We need to work on the defence, a good strong midfielder and a consistent goal scorer. Potter is not the problem and I truly believe he is art of the solution. Merry Christmas one and all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024