Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? 17:04 - Jan 12 with 19461 views_

And how many points have we just THROWN away this season, especially away?!

I watched that Leeds game last night and the desire, urgency and commitment of their players is immense.

You look at the way we play with the over emphasis on patience and we are just allowing teams to stay in games and get lucky from dodgy penalties or whatever.

They had a boy sent off on 81 and Potter makes a change - why he was making that change at eighty facking one minutes I don't know - doesn't he want to win games FFS?

But why not make the double sub at that point. They were shit with 11 - they were pathetic with 10 so why wait until 89 minutes before showing some facking balls??!

And the way the whole team played for the last 5 minutes was pathetic with a special pathetic mention for Celina for shooting from 35 yards and giving the ball away.

I am concerned about how passive Potter is. He needs a good shaking or a kick up the ass.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:06]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:36 - Jan 12 with 1194 viewsicecoldjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:30 - Jan 12 by dickythorpe

3 points off play off places this morning ......we just don't seem motivated enough to bust a gut this season.

That's a great point. And it can be that some players arn't going to go that extra few percent knowing there is no deal for them at the end of season,one bad injury away from havi g no club.

Self preservation society kicks in, we don't really know enough about how many of our players are going to be part of journey or are just painting by numbers and keeping themselves safe until they can find a new club in the summer.

Not saying this is the case but it's a thought with a few if the boys out of contract soon .
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1194 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:26 - Jan 12 by TailGunner

It's his full agenda. Deflect blame. Turn on manager in full swing now.

He's scum. Pure SCUM

Don't you think you're a bit put of order there mate? No, I mean a facking lot???

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1191 viewsElmo

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Loyal

Doing a great job, loving his football, his tactics and positive on the field play. Anyone who doesn't is lacking in resources upstairs.

Meow ...

Edit - Bony is a pussy if that helps ...
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:33]

Agreed. And he will be the first to admit he's on a steep learning curve and is looking to enhance his approach.

Perfectly reasonable to have a grown-up debate about his development needs on a fans forum. Pretty sure he would enjoy the debate were he able to join in.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1190 viewsdickythorpe

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:35 - Jan 12 by Loyal

I didn't see Preston run us ragged once.
Whoever said that is extremely wide of the mark.

Not an inspiring result though
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:40 - Jan 12 with 1169 viewsdickythorpe

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:37 - Jan 12 by _

Don't you think you're a bit put of order there mate? No, I mean a facking lot???

Some are too ready to accept mediocrity in the blind belief we will be better next season.
Now is where it is at.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:42 - Jan 12 with 1160 viewsBadlands

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:23 - Jan 12 by swan65split

Ah blame the Manager now not the owners.

... or the players!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:42 - Jan 12 with 1154 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:36 - Jan 12 by Dippy

He's not doing a great job, he's doing an ok job, with limited resources. If we're in a play off place, he'd be doing a great job.

I'm on the fence with Potter this season, some brilliant decisions and some truly mad, baffling decisions.

That's me as well but the fans have given him an automatic pass before a ball was kicked.

I know and appreciate he's got so, so many things right, but as you say, some of decisions, both on match day and from a wider perspective show real signs of idiocy.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:43 - Jan 12 with 1150 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:37 - Jan 12 by Elmo

Agreed. And he will be the first to admit he's on a steep learning curve and is looking to enhance his approach.

Perfectly reasonable to have a grown-up debate about his development needs on a fans forum. Pretty sure he would enjoy the debate were he able to join in.

Opposition manager today 6 years younger than him. Been a manager longer, experience in Europe. New to the league or not the learning curve excuse only goes so far.

They not allow subs in Sweden or what?
Login to get fewer ads

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:45 - Jan 12 with 1131 viewsLoyal

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:37 - Jan 12 by dickythorpe

Not an inspiring result though

As I said mate, before the game, frustration etc ...
But a point away from home, admittedly we should have had them fckd over in the first half. However, if he does get some help with a few in be that now or the summer he can seriously take this league. Football is winning at Swansea, that's good enough for now.
I think his tactics and play are stunning at times, and he's not even on the pitch ! Players have clearly bought in to his style, and after last season this one is totally refreshing. I think we will make the play offs, as a mate said earlier not sure I want us to, but if it means we go up then why not. All a bit premature, but like me as I have got older.

My nutsack has dropped at least 4 cms in the past year, how's yours ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 1122 viewsLoyal

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:42 - Jan 12 by _

That's me as well but the fans have given him an automatic pass before a ball was kicked.

I know and appreciate he's got so, so many things right, but as you say, some of decisions, both on match day and from a wider perspective show real signs of idiocy.

Or learning ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 1103 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:43 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

Opposition manager today 6 years younger than him. Been a manager longer, experience in Europe. New to the league or not the learning curve excuse only goes so far.

They not allow subs in Sweden or what?

Exactly.

We had a chance to show some teeth today and make a calculated gamble by bringing on Dan James, Mackay or Montero, but we needed to do that with time to play - not injury time when they were doing their utmost to run the clock down.

I've got to be honest and as much as I love Bony, he's a wasted selection currently. We'd have been better off leaving CBR on.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 1094 viewsMrSwerve

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:40 - Jan 12 by dickythorpe

Some are too ready to accept mediocrity in the blind belief we will be better next season.
Now is where it is at.

Thing is Dicky, some have accepted that we’re pretty good this season comparatively, without realising our mediocrity in this league.

Potter has his faults, no doubt, but he’s doing a decent job with what he’s been given.

Am I certain that Potter is the next messiah in management? Hell no. Do I think he can grow with us in the next few seasons, creating stability and a change in playing style (which some prominent posters on here have been pining for?), yes. And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t give a toss how we play as long as we win.

Stability, confidence and progression. That’s what we need over the next 2-3 years. Fingers crossed a promotion will happen in that time.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:52]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:54 - Jan 12 with 1083 viewsTailGunner

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:37 - Jan 12 by _

You are scum. You will deflect away from our useless consortium of owners in any direction that suits.

You overshadowed others decent points in this thread because your agenda sticks out a mile.

Slow slight digs at the manager now in full flow
SCUM

Change the title to
Great start to the year by weakness pish squad continues.

10mins after a hard earned away point you start a thread calling our manager a pussy
Go to hell
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 1076 viewsdobjack2

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:25 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

That seems to be Potter's main problem. He can fix a bad situation well enough, but he can't seem to anticipate and make changes to preserve or capitalise on a good one, as our players tire and the opposition adapts to what we're doing.

I think that is a reasoned criticism. In addition we can be pretty sure that Fer won’t last 90 mins so midfield needs shoring up most games.

I feel that he could make changes earlier and more proactively but does he believe he has the players on the bench to do this?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 1072 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:51 - Jan 12 by MrSwerve

Thing is Dicky, some have accepted that we’re pretty good this season comparatively, without realising our mediocrity in this league.

Potter has his faults, no doubt, but he’s doing a decent job with what he’s been given.

Am I certain that Potter is the next messiah in management? Hell no. Do I think he can grow with us in the next few seasons, creating stability and a change in playing style (which some prominent posters on here have been pining for?), yes. And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t give a toss how we play as long as we win.

Stability, confidence and progression. That’s what we need over the next 2-3 years. Fingers crossed a promotion will happen in that time.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:52]

Our players aren't mediocre at this level. Have you not seen some of the sht that's been lining up against us?

Plenty of tools at his disposal today. Chose not to use them. One of his signings didn't come on until the game was over. Is backing him with more money realistically going to help pick up these dropped points?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:58 - Jan 12 with 1053 viewstreboeth1966

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Loyal

Doing a great job, loving his football, his tactics and positive on the field play. Anyone who doesn't is lacking in resources upstairs.

Meow ...

Edit - Bony is a pussy if that helps ...
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:33]

Totally agree. We got a gem of a manager and still people moan . Clowns
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:59 - Jan 12 with 1046 viewsMrSwerve

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:55 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

Our players aren't mediocre at this level. Have you not seen some of the sht that's been lining up against us?

Plenty of tools at his disposal today. Chose not to use them. One of his signings didn't come on until the game was over. Is backing him with more money realistically going to help pick up these dropped points?

Maybe ‘mediocre’ was the wrong word. We have some good players. Some people were expecting us to challenge for top 3 or 4 easily though...even after our PL player sales.

As I’ve said before, I think we can challenge for the final playoff spot at best...and it’s still just within reach. That is still my aim this year.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 1012 viewsDippy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:55 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

A defensive midfield ball player is a necessity, we've missed a Leon Britton player for years.. if we want to get back to the Swansea way.. a player like Ki or Bodde would do, someone who can get us ticking, Fer, Fulton and Grimes are mediocre/decent at what they do.. but they're not ball players, Tom Carroll is a tidy ball player without the bite and clinical edge. And this is what worries me about Huw.. he'll still believe Carroll is the main man, because he signed him

Poll: Cooper Out

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 1009 viewsFireboy2

To the OP

GP can only play with the cards hes been dealt with

Its T2C' agenda to attract attention to himself,which he obviously has done

BUT we should have won

Ps to CE didyou actually go to the game ?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:07 - Jan 12 with 994 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:04 - Jan 12 by Dippy

A defensive midfield ball player is a necessity, we've missed a Leon Britton player for years.. if we want to get back to the Swansea way.. a player like Ki or Bodde would do, someone who can get us ticking, Fer, Fulton and Grimes are mediocre/decent at what they do.. but they're not ball players, Tom Carroll is a tidy ball player without the bite and clinical edge. And this is what worries me about Huw.. he'll still believe Carroll is the main man, because he signed him

Grimes isn't a ball-player?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:07 - Jan 12 with 989 viewsTailGunner

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:59 - Jan 12 by MrSwerve

Maybe ‘mediocre’ was the wrong word. We have some good players. Some people were expecting us to challenge for top 3 or 4 easily though...even after our PL player sales.

As I’ve said before, I think we can challenge for the final playoff spot at best...and it’s still just within reach. That is still my aim this year.

We have an average squad playing above their level.
Making mistakes , as is the manager.

Anyone who truly thinks / states this is a top 6 squad is hammering the spice.

Or has an agenda.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:08 - Jan 12 with 987 viewssainthelens

The OP surpasses himself, even by his own idiotic standards.
Bit of perspective yeah, if GP was just helped just a little in the window we all know we can make a real push for play offs. But they are clearly not going to. So having just gone 3 aways unbeaten, started to find the net again and shafted again by the ref today....it's not that bad FFS. It's not Potts people should be having a pop at but the powers that be. With what he's got to work with where we are placed is about right. Bellends like the OP gotta realise....we ain't gonna win every game! Good point today lads...well done.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:10 - Jan 12 with 973 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:07 - Jan 12 by TailGunner

We have an average squad playing above their level.
Making mistakes , as is the manager.

Anyone who truly thinks / states this is a top 6 squad is hammering the spice.

Or has an agenda.

We're 13th. If we've got an average squad it's not playing above its level.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:12 - Jan 12 with 960 viewsDippy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:07 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

Grimes isn't a ball-player?

Nowhere near good enough to get us playing anything near Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup's blueprint. That's why we're mid table, relying on Matt Grimes.

Poll: Cooper Out

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:12 - Jan 12 with 957 viewsTailGunner

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:10 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

We're 13th. If we've got an average squad it's not playing above its level.

We have a squad on a par with Preston.

We should have won we played quite well

It's not difficult
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024