Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE 22:13 - Jan 12 with 21642 viewsSA71Jack

Does anyone know what happened? Saw about 7 stewards in the middle of the concourse with 2 trying to calm a Swans fan down.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:00 - Jan 14 with 1917 viewsCooperman

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 21:51 - Jan 14 by trampie

Is making a racist remark illegal or not in the UK then ?

Depends on the extent of the 'remark'.

Remark seems a little bit of an understatement based on what's been written on page 1.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:04 - Jan 14 with 1905 viewsdickythorpe

Sweeper system Tramps.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:05 - Jan 14 with 1892 viewstrampie

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:00 - Jan 14 by Cooperman

Depends on the extent of the 'remark'.

Remark seems a little bit of an understatement based on what's been written on page 1.

So are you implying that some racist remarks are not illegal and some are ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:12 - Jan 14 with 1866 viewsBillyChong

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 19:56 - Jan 14 by builthjack

That chap in picture 20 is an absolute nutter at away games, giving the home fans stick all game, flicking the v sign to them continually. Not racist though.
Anybody know him?

He’s watched the Swans away for years, surprised more on here don’t know him - not posting his name BTW. Where do the club stand with posting peoples mugs online without permission?

Didn’t see any trouble of any sort up there myself.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 22:13]
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:15 - Jan 14 with 1856 viewsshandyjack

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 20:34 - Jan 14 by builthjack

I have come across him lots. Bit of a nuisance if he's near you. But as I said, nothing racist etc out of his mouth.

pic 20, he travels on coaches every away game, bit of a pest, don't wanna be stuck on same coach as him or in his vicinity, but never heard racism.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:17 - Jan 14 with 1848 viewsCooperman

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:05 - Jan 14 by trampie

No. The authorities will determine if a crime has taken place usually under the Criminal Justice Act 2003 or the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:17 - Jan 14 with 1848 viewsLoyal

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:05 - Jan 14 by trampie

He is clearly talking about the severity or aggravated content.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:21 - Jan 14 with 1831 viewsCooperman

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:17 - Jan 14 by Loyal

He is clearly talking about the severity or aggravated content.

Exactly, and this would investigated and deemed one way or the other depending on the evidence presented.

Login to get fewer ads

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:26 - Jan 14 with 1812 viewstrampie

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:21 - Jan 14 by Cooperman

Exactly, and this would investigated and deemed one way or the other depending on the evidence presented.

One way or the other...………………….lol

Ask some of the lads down the pub is murder illegal and they will say yes, ask them is making verbal racist remarks illegal and some will say yes, some will say no and some will not know.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:27 - Jan 14 with 1811 viewsSirjohnalot

It’s not difficult. Making obviously offensive racist remarks in public within the hearing of someone who is likely to be offended (doesn’t have to be anyone identified as being so) is likely to see that person being arrested for, probably a racially aggravated public order offence.

Saying it in the confines of one’s own home, to people inside the home (as opposed to shouting it into the street) is not illegal
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 1801 viewsCooperman

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:26 - Jan 14 by trampie

One way or the other...………………….lol

Ask some of the lads down the pub is murder illegal and they will say yes, ask them is making verbal racist remarks illegal and some will say yes, some will say no and some will not know.

Their respecitive knowledge of our country's laws has nothing to with whether a football fan shouting racial abuse at a football match will be prosecuted.

I'm out of this now, time for work.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:31 - Jan 14 with 1788 viewstrampie

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:27 - Jan 14 by Sirjohnalot

It’s not difficult. Making obviously offensive racist remarks in public within the hearing of someone who is likely to be offended (doesn’t have to be anyone identified as being so) is likely to see that person being arrested for, probably a racially aggravated public order offence.

Saying it in the confines of one’s own home, to people inside the home (as opposed to shouting it into the street) is not illegal

Are you saying racially abusing someone directly to their face in the house is ok but doing the same using the same words in the street is not ?

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:34 - Jan 14 with 1780 viewsSirjohnalot

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:31 - Jan 14 by trampie

Are you saying racially abusing someone directly to their face in the house is ok but doing the same using the same words in the street is not ?

Tramline. May I ask, where did I say it was OK ? It is, of course abhorrent. I am merely telling you it’s not illegal.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 1759 viewstrampie

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:30 - Jan 14 by Cooperman

Their respecitive knowledge of our country's laws has nothing to with whether a football fan shouting racial abuse at a football match will be prosecuted.

I'm out of this now, time for work.

It doesn't make for 'good law' does it when the population in general don't know what is and what is not illegal and seems to me to leave plenty of scope for unfairness with the potential for people not to be treated equally by the courts.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 1749 viewsLoyal

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:31 - Jan 14 by trampie

They are not all bastards trample.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:42 - Jan 14 with 1746 viewsHumpty

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:37 - Jan 14 by trampie

It doesn't make for 'good law' does it when the population in general don't know what is and what is not illegal and seems to me to leave plenty of scope for unfairness with the potential for people not to be treated equally by the courts.

Not going around racially abusing people tends to work for me.

That's why I don't worry about being arrested for it.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:43 - Jan 14 with 1738 viewstrampie

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:34 - Jan 14 by Sirjohnalot

Tramline. May I ask, where did I say it was OK ? It is, of course abhorrent. I am merely telling you it’s not illegal.

I meant ok as in not illegal...…….. so you are pointing out that it is not illegal to call somebody all sorts of racist names to their face if you are in your own house but it is illegal to do exactly the same to the same person using the same language in the street ?

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:48 - Jan 14 with 1713 viewstrampie

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:42 - Jan 14 by Humpty

Not going around racially abusing people tends to work for me.

That's why I don't worry about being arrested for it.

On a personnel level quite but as regards sound laws of the land, its about as clear as mud.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:50 - Jan 14 with 1707 viewsSirjohnalot

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:43 - Jan 14 by trampie

I meant ok as in not illegal...…….. so you are pointing out that it is not illegal to call somebody all sorts of racist names to their face if you are in your own house but it is illegal to do exactly the same to the same person using the same language in the street ?

Yes. Click on this link, and see have a look at the table in relation the Public Order Act.

It’s ‘public order’, I.e., not in private.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/public-order-offences-incorporating-chargi
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:53 - Jan 14 with 1685 viewsDarran

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:43 - Jan 14 by trampie

Silly Welsh twàt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:54 - Jan 14 with 1679 viewsSirjohnalot

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:53 - Jan 14 by Darran

Silly Welsh twàt.

Also not illegal on Planet Swans, obviously
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:56 - Jan 14 with 1668 viewstrampie

Exactly Sirjohnalot and that is my point, that is what I wanted you to point out to the forum, the public don't know if making racist remarks is illegal or not and as regards the law you can make remarks in the home but not in the street, its a nonsense.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 22:57]

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:57 - Jan 14 with 1671 viewsCooperman

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:37 - Jan 14 by trampie

That reasoning won't stop you being prosecuted.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:59 - Jan 14 with 1645 viewstrampie

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:57 - Jan 14 by Cooperman

That reasoning won't stop you being prosecuted.

The potential for some to be prosecuted and others not for similar things is huge and that is not good.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 23:00 - Jan 14 with 1643 viewsSirjohnalot

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 22:56 - Jan 14 by trampie

Exactly Sirjohnalot and that is my point, that is what I wanted you to point out to the forum, the public don't know if making racist remarks is illegal or not and as regards the law you can make remarks in the home but not in the street, its a nonsense.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 22:57]

It’s perfectly simple. Don’t be a flipping racist and make racist remarks. If ‘the public’ are not racist and don’t make racist remarks anywhere, they won’t be arrested for being a big ol’ racist, will they ?

People know you should not say racist things, as it is racist. I fail to understand the issue. Reasons why blokes in the pub are confused is they’re racist.

On that note, I’m out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024