Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jack's meeting with club 19:01 - Feb 15 with 33230 viewsswanskid95

Seems a little fishy to me, looks like the trust have been shafted here..

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:24 - Feb 17 with 1376 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:16 - Feb 17 by phact0rri

<i>Who is acting as a PR wing for anybody? </i>
Everything I've read regarding the meeting sounds like things aren't so bad, and progress. Shining a positive light on the pile of rubbish. Yet no specifics. This sounds like PR to me.

<i>And how are the killing the club?</i>
if you don't think the choices that have been made over the last year and half, two years isn't a threat to the status of Swansea City, I'd like to have some of what your having. Because what I see is a lot of bad decisions, that seem to be savage and with no concern for for the club.

<i>There was nothing secretive about the meeting, they informed the Trust even when they cheaply didn’t have to. The details of the discussion are private on the request of the interviewed party. </i>

The point everyone is making is, if they were private, why mention publicly a meeting happened. why publicly go out of your way to state positivity, with no background for said positivity?

So you just think it sounds like PR? Unless we know if it is or isn’t then I don’t see how we can have an issue.

Bad decisions happen at every single club. They happened before the Americans arrived, they happened before Jenkins arrived, they will happen long after the Americans have gone. We don’t have to look any further than our own Trust to see examples of organisations making calamitous errors after calamitous errors - yet they are allowed to get away with it. I don’t see many errors made at club level currently. Do you?

I think it’s entirely informative that we know a positive meeting took place. It seems people are more annoyed they don’t know something that someone else does that they feel are less deserving due to geographical location. Don’t the Trust tell us things all the time regarding meetings or legal stuff that they can’t share with us? I don’t see many going mad at them for telling us about stuff where they cannot share the details. This view only seems to be working one way;

The problem with the current position of the fans is that it is so wild that logic is seen as the enemy. As soon as logic is seen as extreme bias, you are in trouble.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:25 - Feb 17 with 1375 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:55 - Feb 17 by The_E20

So I should ignore all the responses to me and tell people I am not getting involved in a discussion with them because it annoys you that my view resonates with many people?

Yes Brynnie, ok. Maybe try taking up gardening?

A few people. Your views resonate in an echo chamber occupied by you, T2Cand a couple of others. You’re overstating your influence again. Must be a Sunday thing.

Poll: Tory leader

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:29 - Feb 17 with 1361 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:25 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

A few people. Your views resonate in an echo chamber occupied by you, T2Cand a couple of others. You’re overstating your influence again. Must be a Sunday thing.

Or you are underestimating them? I don’t see to many people having one single post turn into double figure threads on a constant basis without ever lowering myself to vile abuse, maybe it’s just coincide?

Considering your complete lack of judgement skills since joining the Trust I am happy to be on my side of the fence in this one. No offence intended.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:32 - Feb 17 with 1356 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:29 - Feb 17 by The_E20

Or you are underestimating them? I don’t see to many people having one single post turn into double figure threads on a constant basis without ever lowering myself to vile abuse, maybe it’s just coincide?

Considering your complete lack of judgement skills since joining the Trust I am happy to be on my side of the fence in this one. No offence intended.

None taken. I’d argue that your threads invariably run into multiple pages not because your views resonate with so many people, but because most people disagree with you and post as such. In fact, that’s self evident from reading threads you’re involved in. No offence meant.

Completely agree that you’re never abusive, that’s clearly to your credit.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:34]

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:38 - Feb 17 with 1338 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:32 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

None taken. I’d argue that your threads invariably run into multiple pages not because your views resonate with so many people, but because most people disagree with you and post as such. In fact, that’s self evident from reading threads you’re involved in. No offence meant.

Completely agree that you’re never abusive, that’s clearly to your credit.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:34]

Some disagree sure. Some disagree and then resort to bile once they are forced to reconsider that position after they realise they cannot back it up - it’s not a comfortable feeling for them, some agree out of hand and some get involved purely after previous encounters where they have been forced to reconsider their position reluctantly. All of this isn’t even counting the numerous people that belong in each group they never comment.

But the theme always goes back to one point - my initial post. It resonates.

But I would prefer to discuss the topic with all due respect. Because this will be used as a stick against me no doubt the longer this conversation continues.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:39]
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:40 - Feb 17 with 1327 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:38 - Feb 17 by The_E20

Some disagree sure. Some disagree and then resort to bile once they are forced to reconsider that position after they realise they cannot back it up - it’s not a comfortable feeling for them, some agree out of hand and some get involved purely after previous encounters where they have been forced to reconsider their position reluctantly. All of this isn’t even counting the numerous people that belong in each group they never comment.

But the theme always goes back to one point - my initial post. It resonates.

But I would prefer to discuss the topic with all due respect. Because this will be used as a stick against me no doubt the longer this conversation continues.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:39]

Only if you don’t understand what “resonate” means.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:42 - Feb 17 with 1316 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:40 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Only if you don’t understand what “resonate” means.

To evoke emotion.

I don’t know how you can make any case against that. Unless as you say, you don’t understand the word.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:42 - Feb 17 with 1316 viewsJackfath

Sorry to burst your egos, chrissy and E20, I think brunmill was referring to Darran, not you two victims.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 1310 viewsGowerjack

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:32 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

And also by acknowledging the existence of an NDA.

Schrödingers NDA

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 1308 viewsjasper_T

Much of the furore over the NDA seems based on the idea that Stateside Jacks were meant to ask tough questions and report the answers. But they're a fan group not reporters. The intention was to speak to the powers that be and have the opportunity to voice their concerns.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:45 - Feb 17 with 1308 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:42 - Feb 17 by The_E20

To evoke emotion.

I don’t know how you can make any case against that. Unless as you say, you don’t understand the word.

Doesn’t mean that at all.

resonate in British
(ˈrɛzəˌneɪt )
verb
to resound or cause to resound; reverberate
(of a mechanical system, electrical circuit, chemical compound, etc) to exhibit or cause to exhibit resonance
3. (intransitive; often foll by with)
to be understood or receive a sympathetic response
themes which will resonate with voters
4. (intransitive; foll by with)
to be filled (with)
simple words that seem to resonate with mystery and beauty

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:45 - Feb 17 with 1305 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:42 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

Sorry to burst your egos, chrissy and E20, I think brunmill was referring to Darran, not you two victims.

I don’t.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:46 - Feb 17 with 1301 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:16 - Feb 17 by phact0rri

<i>Who is acting as a PR wing for anybody? </i>
Everything I've read regarding the meeting sounds like things aren't so bad, and progress. Shining a positive light on the pile of rubbish. Yet no specifics. This sounds like PR to me.

<i>And how are the killing the club?</i>
if you don't think the choices that have been made over the last year and half, two years isn't a threat to the status of Swansea City, I'd like to have some of what your having. Because what I see is a lot of bad decisions, that seem to be savage and with no concern for for the club.

<i>There was nothing secretive about the meeting, they informed the Trust even when they cheaply didn’t have to. The details of the discussion are private on the request of the interviewed party. </i>

The point everyone is making is, if they were private, why mention publicly a meeting happened. why publicly go out of your way to state positivity, with no background for said positivity?

'''if you don't think the choices that have been made over the last year and half, two years isn't a threat to the status of Swansea City, I'd like to have some of what your having. Because what I see is a lot of bad decisions, that seem to be savage and with no concern for for the club. ''''

Let's have this bit out then.

List them and explain EXACTLY what you mean?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:46 - Feb 17 with 1301 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:45 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Doesn’t mean that at all.

resonate in British
(ˈrɛzəˌneɪt )
verb
to resound or cause to resound; reverberate
(of a mechanical system, electrical circuit, chemical compound, etc) to exhibit or cause to exhibit resonance
3. (intransitive; often foll by with)
to be understood or receive a sympathetic response
themes which will resonate with voters
4. (intransitive; foll by with)
to be filled (with)
simple words that seem to resonate with mystery and beauty

1 . produce or be filled with a deep, full, reverberating sound: "the sound of the siren resonated across the harbour"synonyms: go (off) · resonate · resound · reverberate · blow · blare · [More] evoke images, memories, and emotions: "the words resonate with so many different meanings.

res·o·nate (rĕz′ə-nāt′)
v. res·o·nat·ed, res·o·nat·ing, res·o·nates
v.intr.
1. To exhibit or produce resonance or resonant effects.
2. To evoke a feeling of shared emotion or belief: "Bethune projected a strong presence of achievement and pride that resonated among African Americans" (Audrey Thomas McCluskey).
3. To correspond closely or harmoniously: "Symbolism matters, especially if the symbols resonate with the larger message" (William Greider).
v.tr.
To cause to resound.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:47]
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:46 - Feb 17 with 1300 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:44 - Feb 17 by Gowerjack

Schrödingers NDA

Indeed.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:47 - Feb 17 with 1297 viewsMrSwerve

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:42 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

Yep.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:48 - Feb 17 with 1293 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:46 - Feb 17 by The_E20

1 . produce or be filled with a deep, full, reverberating sound: "the sound of the siren resonated across the harbour"synonyms: go (off) · resonate · resound · reverberate · blow · blare · [More] evoke images, memories, and emotions: "the words resonate with so many different meanings.

res·o·nate (rĕz′ə-nāt′)
v. res·o·nat·ed, res·o·nat·ing, res·o·nates
v.intr.
1. To exhibit or produce resonance or resonant effects.
2. To evoke a feeling of shared emotion or belief: "Bethune projected a strong presence of achievement and pride that resonated among African Americans" (Audrey Thomas McCluskey).
3. To correspond closely or harmoniously: "Symbolism matters, especially if the symbols resonate with the larger message" (William Greider).
v.tr.
To cause to resound.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:47]

So you accept that your threads are always long not because people agree with you. Excellent. Personal growth that is. Well done.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:49 - Feb 17 with 1286 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:17 - Feb 17 by Chief

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. The E20 is continuously posting irrelevant babble that's got nothing to do with this thread. Criticize him too then.

What??? He's replying to everything that comes his way.

You don't like what he's saying because in your head it's not what you want to hear, but I'm guessing it wasn't long ago that you had posters of Huw Jenkins on your wall and you were shutting down debate when fans like myself and him were calling him out.

Is this what it's truly about? You're embarrassed?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:50 - Feb 17 with 1273 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:48 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

So you accept that your threads are always long not because people agree with you. Excellent. Personal growth that is. Well done.

Eh? When have I ever said that.

My posts have people agree, disagree and those that feel themselves questioning their initial disagreement due to the points I put across. My posts resonate with people, which annoys others on the other side... hence the long threads.

Not a hard concept, ECB. I hope you aren’t this cumbersome in Trust affairs?
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:52 - Feb 17 with 1269 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:49 - Feb 17 by _

What??? He's replying to everything that comes his way.

You don't like what he's saying because in your head it's not what you want to hear, but I'm guessing it wasn't long ago that you had posters of Huw Jenkins on your wall and you were shutting down debate when fans like myself and him were calling him out.

Is this what it's truly about? You're embarrassed?

My post exactly responded to what he posted.

Just bizarre.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:10 - Feb 17 with 1206 viewsDarran

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:43 - Feb 17 by Darran

I can’t remember anyone being angry when T2C posted a death threat to Huw Jenkins in this thread.
The Mods edited it out but it appears T2C has re-edited it now as a death threat to me.

https://planetswans.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/184939/3283322/huw-jenkins-youre-not

Why isn’t anyone commenting on this post?
Doesn’t anyone care about my life?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:12 - Feb 17 with 1193 viewsmagicdaps10

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:10 - Feb 17 by Darran

Dont worry Dar, it is only T2C ......it is all bravado.

He is just a wanna be football hooligan.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:12 - Feb 17 with 1193 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:10 - Feb 17 by Darran

I thought you’d retired from posting?

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:15 - Feb 17 with 1184 viewsDarran

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:12 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I thought you’d retired from posting?

I never said that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:25 - Feb 17 with 1159 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:25 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

One thing we'll always be sure of Andrew, your influence will never be overstated.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024