Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jack's meeting with club 19:01 - Feb 15 with 33235 viewsswanskid95

Seems a little fishy to me, looks like the trust have been shafted here..

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:08 - Feb 15 with 9298 viewsjasper_T

Why? Are the trust members the only supporters who matter?
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:12 - Feb 15 with 9274 viewsChief

Oh so the Yank tvvats ignore the supporters trust as if they don't exist although they own 21% of the club, but offer this group who are based thousands of miles away 'collaboration' and a role in an advisory capacity.

They are genuinely taking the pish out us

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:19 - Feb 15 with 9239 viewsJonathans_coat

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:08 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Obviously not!

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that. But as a 21.1% shareholder, and as the organisation that helped save the clubs existence, I think they deserve a little more respect. Or am I wrong?
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:22 - Feb 15 with 9223 viewsMrSwerve

I’m guessing the trust weren’t informed of this at all?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:24 - Feb 15 with 9210 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:08 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

It seems this American group has got closer to the owners than the Trust has. Not surprising.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:33 - Feb 15 with 9169 viewsjacabertawe

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:24 - Feb 15 by _

It seems this American group has got closer to the owners than the Trust has. Not surprising.

Oooh, err, do they all live in the USA then?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:40 - Feb 15 with 9142 viewsQJumpingJack

If the owners have a strategy of "divide and conquer" the fan base, it seems to be working.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:41 - Feb 15 with 9130 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:24 - Feb 15 by _

Of course it’s not surprising. They’re not a major shareholder in the football club currently engaged in a protracted legal process.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:44 - Feb 15 with 9107 views3swan

"Details of this weeks discussion remain private"

Why not open, is there something to hide?

Imo Just another PR exercise, where it can be said there is dialogue with the fans
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:04 - Feb 15 with 9024 viewsLandore_Jack

Is having another voice in the club a bad thing? Especially when you consider these are Swans fans who care about the club.

#backtojack

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:05 - Feb 15 with 9019 viewsItchySphincter

What a load of boIIocks.

Whoever these Stateside Jacks are they should f*ck right off publishing garbage like that.

'We know something you don't know.....' Divisive behaviour at it's finest.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:08 - Feb 15 with 9003 viewsLeonWasGod

What’s the point of that if the owners have slapped a gagging clause on them? How’s that going to help inform any US-based fans?

“build a relationship of honesty, understanding and trust”. Don’t fool for it - learn from the real experiences of the real Trust.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:09 - Feb 15 with 8994 viewsMrSwerve

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:05 - Feb 15 by ItchySphincter

What a load of boIIocks.

Whoever these Stateside Jacks are they should f*ck right off publishing garbage like that.

This, in spades.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:10 - Feb 15 with 8981 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:41 - Feb 15 by exiledclaseboy

Of course it’s not surprising. They’re not a major shareholder in the football club currently engaged in a protracted legal process.

It certainly isn't surprising when one side is completely inept at the the old piss up in a brewery. 3 years of nothing.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:12 - Feb 15 with 8969 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:05 - Feb 15 by ItchySphincter

What a load of boIIocks.

I don't think that's fair at all. They've been far more in the Americans face than the stiff upper lip Trust lot.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:13 - Feb 15 with 8972 views34dfgdf54

I love that we have a fanbase out in the States, follow all the separate groups on twitter and stick up for them all when some fans here tar them with the same brush as our American owners. But you have no right to represent our whole fanbase with “confidential” conversations.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:17 - Feb 15 with 8945 viewsMasma

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:41 - Feb 15 by exiledclaseboy

Shambles
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:18 - Feb 15 with 8935 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:17 - Feb 15 by Masma

Shambles

Hi Eddie. Love you.

Poll: Tory leader

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:21 - Feb 15 with 8913 viewsJonathans_coat

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:12 - Feb 15 by _

I don't think that's fair at all. They've been far more in the Americans face than the stiff upper lip Trust lot.

Oh, don’t you like the trust?

You haven’t mentioned that before. You should have said something!
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:29 - Feb 15 with 8862 viewsAngelRangelQS

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 20:35]
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:32 - Feb 15 with 8839 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:13 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

I love that we have a fanbase out in the States, follow all the separate groups on twitter and stick up for them all when some fans here tar them with the same brush as our American owners. But you have no right to represent our whole fanbase with “confidential” conversations.

I don't think the SJ are portraying themselves as representing our whole fanbase. They are just diehard supporters representing a small (but growing) chunk of the worldwide fanbase, and I'm sure that is clear to everyone involved in their conversations.

I can understand the uneasiness over this, but they are not trying to step on the Supporters Trust's toes.

This twitter statement came directly from Marc and Jonathan, the co-leaders of the Stateside Jacks. I know both of them, and they are great guys - Jonathan is a Welsh expat living in California who has been a Jack all his life.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:36 - Feb 15 with 8813 viewsItchySphincter

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:29 - Feb 15 by AngelRangelQS

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 20:35]

In fairness they may be well intentioned and a useful ally but that statement is badly worded and misguided, unless it is, as it comes across, a sycophantic attempt to curry favour with the owners and rattle the fans. They have no right to represent Swansea City fans to the owners.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:40 - Feb 15 with 8792 viewsdobjack2

Just shows that our absentee owners have a better connection with their own countrymen than they have with the city of Swansea and fans from Swansea, it’s surrounding area and the rest of the UK.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:57 - Feb 15 with 8725 viewsswan65split

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 19:40 - Feb 15 by QJumpingJack

If the owners have a strategy of "divide and conquer" the fan base, it seems to be working.

I think if you look into it, it is a strategy they had at DC a while ago....or it existed!
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 21:43 - Feb 15 with 8619 viewsdobjack2

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:32 - Feb 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

I don't think the SJ are portraying themselves as representing our whole fanbase. They are just diehard supporters representing a small (but growing) chunk of the worldwide fanbase, and I'm sure that is clear to everyone involved in their conversations.

I can understand the uneasiness over this, but they are not trying to step on the Supporters Trust's toes.

This twitter statement came directly from Marc and Jonathan, the co-leaders of the Stateside Jacks. I know both of them, and they are great guys - Jonathan is a Welsh expat living in California who has been a Jack all his life.

I don’t doubt they are great guys and that they are trying to do something positive however haven’t they considered that all they are likely to achieve by doing this is alienating the stateside jacks from the local fanbase.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024