Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor 18:22 - Mar 15 with 2291 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This has been big news over here all week, partly because two minor TV celebrities (Lori Laughlin and Felicity Huffman) were among the rich people who were arrested for bribing this guy to get their dumb kids into colleges.

Now it turns out that Singer is one of the investors Levien and Kaplan brought in.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-investor-admits-leadin
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 18:29]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 19:08 - Mar 15 with 2186 viewsChief

Another crook to go along with the wife beater and various other charlatans we have owning the club then. Great.

Interesting to read that he'll have to give up his assets including the shares though

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 20:31 - Mar 15 with 2091 viewsQJumpingJack

It makes you wonder what will come out next.

Steve and Jason will need to some explaining to the new Chairman.
Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 21:05 - Mar 15 with 2032 viewsLeonWasGod

Won't create many waves over here. We're used to dumb kids getting on because they're privileged. Our government/parliament is full of them! We probably invented the whole concept.
Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 21:11 - Mar 15 with 2012 viewsQJumpingJack

Does this story prove that the previous board did not carry out due diligence on the Americans?
Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 1975 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 21:11 - Mar 15 by QJumpingJack

Does this story prove that the previous board did not carry out due diligence on the Americans?

While I'm sure their due diligence was lacking, there was no way of knowing about this at the time. He hadn't been caught yet.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 22:51 - Mar 15 with 1847 viewsmajorraglan

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 21:05 - Mar 15 by LeonWasGod

Won't create many waves over here. We're used to dumb kids getting on because they're privileged. Our government/parliament is full of them! We probably invented the whole concept.

Apologies. Down arrowed by mistake.
Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 23:11 - Mar 15 with 1806 viewsGroo

One down, how many more to go again?

Groo does what Groo does best

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 10:21 - Mar 16 with 1646 viewsDewi1jack

27 or so investors.
Shagger, beaky, dimwit, van clog and all the others sold to a group of yeehaa business people without giving 2 fuks about the club they professed to love.

And there are still people defending the sale🙄
Guessing there are still some who think any sort of diligence was done, except for how quick the cash could hit the bank accounts.

Or the yanks are going to sort taking us up to the next level.
Still wouldn't be surprised if there's a tad of organised crime money in the hedge fund

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 13:15 - Mar 16 with 1542 viewsBadlands

I've read a bit on this but can't make out if he benefited directly.
Perhaps you have more info in the US.

I had to laugh at the comment, 'Andrew Lelling, declaring it the largest such scam in American legal history.'

Is he serious?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 14:35 - Mar 16 with 1494 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 13:15 - Mar 16 by Badlands

I've read a bit on this but can't make out if he benefited directly.
Perhaps you have more info in the US.

I had to laugh at the comment, 'Andrew Lelling, declaring it the largest such scam in American legal history.'

Is he serious?

The word "such" can make it very specific. I've never heard of anything like this before.

In some of the individual cases, Loughlin for example, the parent bribed this guy up to $500,000 just to have it arranged to get their kid into the University of Southern Cal. A decent school, but it's not like it's Harvard or something. Sounds really bizarre to spend that much.

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 19:42 - Mar 16 with 1364 viewsBadlands

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 14:35 - Mar 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

The word "such" can make it very specific. I've never heard of anything like this before.

In some of the individual cases, Loughlin for example, the parent bribed this guy up to $500,000 just to have it arranged to get their kid into the University of Southern Cal. A decent school, but it's not like it's Harvard or something. Sounds really bizarre to spend that much.

Thanks.
Sort of confirms what I thought.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 19:46 - Mar 16 with 1349 viewslondonlisa2001

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 19:42 - Mar 16 by Badlands

Thanks.
Sort of confirms what I thought.

He’s pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy, money laundering, tax conspiracy and obstruction of justice and, according to reports, will be sentenced to up to 65 years in prison.
Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 16:07 - May 3 with 1077 viewsTummer_from_Texas

New story about this guy and his investments in USA Today. Prominently mentions the Swans. Calls us "the 2nd biggest team in Wales."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/02/college-cheating-ring-rick

Apart for that unintentional barb, makes me wonder how many of these investors saw Swansea City as nothing more than a money laundering scheme, and how many actually WANTED the club to fall apart/lose money for accounting purposes.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 16:17]

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 16:13 - May 3 with 1045 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 16:07 - May 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

New story about this guy and his investments in USA Today. Prominently mentions the Swans. Calls us "the 2nd biggest team in Wales."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/02/college-cheating-ring-rick

Apart for that unintentional barb, makes me wonder how many of these investors saw Swansea City as nothing more than a money laundering scheme, and how many actually WANTED the club to fall apart/lose money for accounting purposes.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 16:17]

They're not wrong. Cardiff play in a league watched by hundreds of millions. We play in the second tier. Hopefully we can get back on top next season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 16:15 - May 3 with 1037 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Central figure in the USA college bribery scam is a Swans investor on 16:13 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They're not wrong. Cardiff play in a league watched by hundreds of millions. We play in the second tier. Hopefully we can get back on top next season.

By your own logic then, the Swans were clearly the biggest club in Wales at the time they invested, which is the context of the statement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024