Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Hughton 09:42 - May 13 with 15632 viewsVincent_Vega

Looking for a new job...

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Chris Hughton on 09:44 - May 13 with 5945 viewsDarran

Race card coming soon.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Whoโ€™s got the most experts

Chris Hughton on 09:45 - May 13 with 5930 viewsDarran

Oh heck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Whoโ€™s got the most experts

Chris Hughton on 09:46 - May 13 with 5927 viewspencoedjack

Spent a lot of money last summer & almost got relegated.

From the little, I've seen of Brighton awful side to watch.

No doubt 'other reasons' for his sacking will be mentioned.
Chris Hughton on 09:48 - May 13 with 5910 viewsVincent_Vega

Chris Hughton on 09:45 - May 13 by Darran

Oh heck.

Didn't even cross my mind about Potter,

Brighton would be very smart to go for him

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Chris Hughton on 09:49 - May 13 with 5899 viewsCooperman

Oh heck.

1/8?

Crikey!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Chris Hughton on 09:52 - May 13 with 5884 viewsdickythorpe

What's Potter done to deserve odds of 1/8????
Chris Hughton on 09:55 - May 13 with 5871 viewssainthelens

FFS, someone give us a break.
Chris Hughton on 09:57 - May 13 with 5851 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 09:49 - May 13 by Cooperman

1/8?

Crikey!

Fk knows where that's come from. Miles out ahead of anyone else.

Oh well, we'll see. I can't see Potter moving unless he's really p1ssed off with the owners.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Hughton on 09:59 - May 13 with 5836 viewsFireboy2

Oh heck.

This is going to be interesting.
Chris Hughton on 10:01 - May 13 with 5817 views34dfgdf54

Chris Hughton on 09:57 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Oh well, we'll see. I can't see Potter moving unless he's really p1ssed off with the owners.

His staff are on redundancy notices.

1/8 are scary odds this early.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 10:02]
Chris Hughton on 10:04 - May 13 with 5781 viewssainthelens

Tony Bloom is we'll connected to certain bookmakers....this looks grim.
Chris Hughton on 10:08 - May 13 with 5745 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 10:01 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

If he feels he's been sold a pup then I could understand him leaving. But he must have known what the score was when he came in - we all did. He must have known cuts were on the horizon.

We'll see. How many front runners normally get jobs anyway, not may I'd have though. But these are stupidly short odds, agreed.
Chris Hughton on 10:08 - May 13 with 5739 views34dfgdf54

IF, and obviously it is a big if this has legs, which I've got to admit looks grim looking at those odds, he knows what's coming this summer. He doesn't strike me as the type to bail after one season.
Chris Hughton on 10:13 - May 13 with 5710 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 10:08 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

IF, and obviously it is a big if this has legs, which I've got to admit looks grim looking at those odds, he knows what's coming this summer. He doesn't strike me as the type to bail after one season.

Agreed. Seems like the sort to want to stay and build; which is why we went for him in the first place.
Chris Hughton on 10:14 - May 13 with 5697 viewsBytholWyn

I think there's a very good chance they'll be after Potter. Brighton have invested a lot in their academy and whole training setup - and have the setup of a progressive club. They've obviously fallen into the same trap as our ourselves to an extent by appointing a pragmatic manager in Hughton who's good at safety first football, but who has ultimately failed because he lacks an innovative approach to things. Potter would be a good match for them if they're serious about getting away from the merry-go-round of appointing uninspiring safe pair of hands.

If Brighton are serious about appointing Potter we are going to struggle to hang on to him - even though I suspect he'd be reluctant to move, for family reasons as much as anything. The Americans will need to think very long and hard about how they keep Potter onside - because losing Potter will almost certainly ruin our short and medium term prospects.
Chris Hughton on 10:17 - May 13 with 5672 viewssainthelens

If Bielsa doesn't get lids up...then maybe ??
Chris Hughton on 10:17 - May 13 with 5665 viewsBytholWyn

Chris Hughton on 10:13 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Agreed. Seems like the sort to want to stay and build; which is why we went for him in the first place.

I think you're right - the question is to what extent did the aborted move for Woods and the near-sale of Dan James erode his trust in the owners? If Potter doesn't trust them he'd be foolish not to consider alternatives, if they present themselves.
Chris Hughton on 10:18 - May 13 with 5657 viewsBytholWyn

Chris Hughton on 10:17 - May 13 by sainthelens

If Bielsa doesn't get lids up...then maybe ??

Come on Derby/Villa/West Brom!
Chris Hughton on 10:25 - May 13 with 5609 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 10:14 - May 13 by BytholWyn

I think there's a very good chance they'll be after Potter. Brighton have invested a lot in their academy and whole training setup - and have the setup of a progressive club. They've obviously fallen into the same trap as our ourselves to an extent by appointing a pragmatic manager in Hughton who's good at safety first football, but who has ultimately failed because he lacks an innovative approach to things. Potter would be a good match for them if they're serious about getting away from the merry-go-round of appointing uninspiring safe pair of hands.

If Brighton are serious about appointing Potter we are going to struggle to hang on to him - even though I suspect he'd be reluctant to move, for family reasons as much as anything. The Americans will need to think very long and hard about how they keep Potter onside - because losing Potter will almost certainly ruin our short and medium term prospects.

Sadly, I think that's bang on the button.

If/when Potter does eventually leave, wherever that may be, I'd have real concerns about who the Americans would turn to. We've seen their level of competence with their appointment of Bobbly. Hopefully we're running ahead of ourselves here and Potter will still be with us next year.
Chris Hughton on 10:25 - May 13 with 5603 viewsBadlands

So much crap coming from the media and some fans this season about our position has always been reported as being far more dire than anything being experienced by other clubs.
Just as with Guidolin, the media talks down the Swans far quicker than other clubs.
Take relegation - much of the media talked us down from the November and were quick to go on the attack later in the season, telling us we were doomed in January etc even when we were several points and places off the relegation places.
Fast forward to Cardiff and how they were still in with a good chance of staying up with 3 games to go (5 points behind Brighton), unlucky to be in that position, good owners, good management, great supporters.

Our fans are too quick to publicly attack our own club.
Protests and marches by a tiny % of fans gained more publicity than our wins, calling for Jenkins & the Americans to leave hen we were winning games had a visible affect on the team.

So, is it any wonder that any job that comes up is being linked with our successful manager?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Chris Hughton on 10:29 - May 13 with 5576 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Nothing to worry about. Potter's sh1te apparently.

We'll appoint joint managers - Jasper and DYSS. They have all the answers so relax everyone.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Chris Hughton on 10:30 - May 13 with 5558 viewsvalleyboy

I donโ€™t suppose money would come into his decision in whether to stay or go

If you were offered more money to move jobs with better conditions

You would stay were you are???
Chris Hughton on 10:31 - May 13 with 5549 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Hughton on 10:01 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

Either Doris Bonkers from Hove has lumped this week's leccy money on or someone has started an "ITK" rumour.
Chris Hughton on 10:37 - May 13 with 5487 viewssdh1412

Jim White on Talk crap saying that his sources are saying Potter is the man wanted by Brighton.
Chris Hughton on 10:39 - May 13 with 5474 viewsjasper_T

Chris Hughton on 10:14 - May 13 by BytholWyn

Hughton wasn't a pragmatist in the Championship, was he? Remember that being a criticism of him when he first went up; that the division seemed to cow him, rather than it being his natural way of working.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024