Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup 21:54 - May 20 with 1946 viewsthornabyswan

Was gutted when all 3 went
Don't get all the drama about Potter got us to 10th in the Championship playing some nice football.
We move on.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 21:57 - May 20 with 1914 viewspencoedjack

That’s the spirit fella.

We should see it as a compliment that our managers move on to bigger clubs (not being sarcastic)
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:01 - May 20 with 1876 viewsthornabyswan

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 21:57 - May 20 by pencoedjack

That’s the spirit fella.

We should see it as a compliment that our managers move on to bigger clubs (not being sarcastic)

True my point is though that Potter has not done enough to justify all the hype.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:03 - May 20 with 1870 viewsTheKirkyLife

Martinez was before I really started supporting to be fair, the others I disagree though.

Rodgers had a couple of super important seasons. Promotion and surviving relegation with flair - I wished him nothing but the best in what was an irresistible move to Liverpool

Laudrup was leading us to relegation. As much as we had good times under him? I wanted him to leave weeks before he actually did. We looked hapless.

Potter's lies and potential is what bites.

Speaking of the 'long term' project. I actually had faith that with as little as one or two additions to this squad (minus James) we could fight for the playoffs. He can bugger off as far as I care, totally broken the trust he had built up with supporters. Just like the rest of them but even worse because he tries to cover it up.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 22:04]
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:24 - May 20 with 1789 viewsbuilthjack

He obviously didn't get the assurances off Birch that he needed. After losing at least 16 players at the start of the season, he produced a team from scratch and almost got us in the play offs. He was most likely told by Birch that he had to sell his best players, but it was ok, he could sign a few duff ones to replace them. He was lied to last summer, and faced the same this summer.
We were lucky he stayed as long as he did.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:27 - May 20 with 1775 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:03 - May 20 by TheKirkyLife

Martinez was before I really started supporting to be fair, the others I disagree though.

Rodgers had a couple of super important seasons. Promotion and surviving relegation with flair - I wished him nothing but the best in what was an irresistible move to Liverpool

Laudrup was leading us to relegation. As much as we had good times under him? I wanted him to leave weeks before he actually did. We looked hapless.

Speaking of the 'long term' project. I actually had faith that with as little as one or two additions to this squad (minus James) we could fight for the playoffs. He can bugger off as far as I care, totally broken the trust he had built up with supporters. Just like the rest of them but even worse because he tries to cover it up.

Laudrup wasn’t leading us to relegation and we didn’t look hapless for weeks before he was sacked.

The week before he was sacked we comfortably bear Fulham (who were relegated) and not long before that we won at Old Trafford.

Laudrup’s sacking had nothing to do with results.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:42 - May 20 with 1715 viewsBadlands

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:03 - May 20 by TheKirkyLife

Martinez, Rodgers and Sousa were unknowns.
Laudrup had been dealing with a massive injury problems for round three months (with little or no youth coming through). Up to 10 first team players were unavailable from the end of November through to January.
We looked jaded because so many injuries and players having to come back before they had recovered and plying three games a week.
Desperate for players in the January to bolster the squad he was given N'Gog, King and Fulton ... none of whom made any impact.
The one transfer that would have saved Laudrup would have been to get rid of Monk.

As for longevity ... only 6 managers have been at the same team in the Championship for more than 2 years.

Our success in climbing the divisions was based on being different but each successive manager having the same basic philosophy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 23:52 - May 20 with 1589 viewsFireboy2

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:24 - May 20 by builthjack

He obviously didn't get the assurances off Birch that he needed. After losing at least 16 players at the start of the season, he produced a team from scratch and almost got us in the play offs. He was most likely told by Birch that he had to sell his best players, but it was ok, he could sign a few duff ones to replace them. He was lied to last summer, and faced the same this summer.

This is why im really pissed off.

Not because hes gone, its the fact that we know one of the biggest reasons he went is because he wasnt going to get any backing.

These lot in charge dont give a flying fvck about the fans and if i was a season ticket holder there is NO FVCKING WAY id be renewing. I wont be attending a home game again whilst these shysters are in charge and urge people to do the same, i will get my fix by going to away games.

These people need to run out of town with pitchforks but we all know that isnt going to happen so lets hit them another way, the way that will hurt them more, their pockets.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 23:53]
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 00:00 - May 21 with 1568 viewsSwanDownUnder

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 22:24 - May 20 by builthjack

Nonsense, he left because they probably double his wage and its the PL.
Login to get fewer ads

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 06:26 - May 21 with 1437 viewsGlyn1

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 00:00 - May 21 by SwanDownUnder

Both of you could be right.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 06:39 - May 21 with 1405 viewsNeath_Jack

But he didn’t get “assurances” mun 😂

F*ck sake innit, you’re wasting your time with this lot mate, they don’t know their arseholes from their elbows. No matter how many times it’s explained to them, they will never get it, like when a woman thinks she’s right.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 06:46 - May 21 with 1388 viewsporthcawljax

I agree those 3 managers are far superior to Potter and was gutted when they left.
Don't know what all this fuss is about. He kept tinkering with the team early doors which sometimes there was no need. Changed keeper to an inferior keeper. Our defense was poor we could not defend setpieces and was punished time and time again and nothing changed.
Ok, he did some positives and steadied the ship but I must be the only one who will not be sad to see the back of him.

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:11 - May 21 with 1342 viewsraynor94

This! Big time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:16 - May 21 with 1326 viewsbuilthjack

He would double his wages yes.
But he didn't get the assurances he needed to mount a challenge in the championship.
The Yanks are here to make as much as they can out of the club by any means.

Your first post isn't it?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:19 - May 21 with 1315 viewsTailGunner

Mostly this, but it's s bit of both.

Anyone who thinks the events off pitch in the last 12 months had no bearing on Potters decision is mental.
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:21 - May 21 with 1313 viewsWarwickHunt

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:11 - May 21 by raynor94

This! Big time

Probably at least doubled his wedge on a FOUR year contract. Sacked by Xmas and still made for life - tough choice...
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:32 - May 21 with 1293 viewspencoedjack

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:21 - May 21 by WarwickHunt

Probably at least doubled his wedge on a FOUR year contract. Sacked by Xmas and still made for life - tough choice...

Indeed, as Neath said are people that thick they don’t understand that he had the chance to manage a PL team with a massive pay rise.

In reality he’s flavour of the month at moment, if he’d stayed with us & got off to a bad start he’d be gone by November.

Might be his only chance to test himself in PL.
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 08:09 - May 21 with 1204 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 07:32 - May 21 by pencoedjack

Indeed, as Neath said are people that thick they don’t understand that he had the chance to manage a PL team with a massive pay rise.

In reality he’s flavour of the month at moment, if he’d stayed with us & got off to a bad start he’d be gone by November.

Might be his only chance to test himself in PL.

Precisely.

Fans want “loyalty” but if he stayed and we started badly they wouldn’t want to show loyalty back, they’d want him sacked.

Defending set pieces was inept and actually got worse as the season progressed. On the plus side we played lovely football with young players that harked back to Rodgers, Martinez and Laudrup and was a joy to watch.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 14:34 - May 21 with 1032 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 21:57 - May 20 by pencoedjack

That’s the spirit fella.

I don't think we are gutted because he was anywhere like as good as any of them, it's because we are on a massive decline, we have no funds for players, and we are only going to be able to replace him with a lower quality manager, and the downward cycle continues!
Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 16:19 - May 21 with 925 viewsmonmouth

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 06:39 - May 21 by Neath_Jack

But he didn’t get “assurances” mun 😂

F*ck sake innit, you’re wasting your time with this lot mate, they don’t know their arseholes from their elbows. No matter how many times it’s explained to them, they will never get it, like when a woman thinks she’s right.

I’m starting to think it’s mass hypnosis it’s so pig stupid as an argument.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 16:29 - May 21 with 910 viewsandypitt56

Rodgers Martinez and Laudrup on 14:34 - May 21 by AlfieMooresSon

I don't think we are gutted because he was anywhere like as good as any of them, it's because we are on a massive decline, we have no funds for players, and we are only going to be able to replace him with a lower quality manager, and the downward cycle continues!

How do we know another manager wouldn't have been able to get the same if not more out of the same players?

I am not being critical of potter because i think he did a great job, however is it possible we have a bit a rose tinted specs? We had 3 years of awful football, then suddenly we have a coach that reinstated the football we had been used to. However he did it with talented youngsters who had been used to playing that kind of football all the way through the academy. He didn't reinvent the wheel, he just stopped putting square pegs in round holes.

Why cant another manager do the same??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024