Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson 19:39 - Jun 21 with 12642 viewsDarran

Scum.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercati

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boris Johnson on 17:55 - Jun 23 with 854 viewsjohnlangy

Boris Johnson on 12:06 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

If a recording can destroy his chances of being leader, it’s clearly in the public interest that the recording is made available.

To argue otherwise is nonsensical.

The police say there's nothing criminal to look into. And that's okay.

But here's my question. Boris Johnson is one of two people who could be PM, the absolute pinnacle of political achievement. He obviously, desperately, wants to be PM. He was far and away the favourite. But he knows that he has a habit of putting his foot in it.

So, all he had to do was decide to do absolutely nothing for the next four weeks that would give his detractors/opponent any ammunition to use against him. Never mind four weeks, he only lasted 48 hours.

To me that shows the absolute idiocy of the man.
Boris Johnson on 18:03 - Jun 23 with 826 viewssherpajacob

Boris Johnson on 17:55 - Jun 23 by johnlangy

But here's my question. Boris Johnson is one of two people who could be PM, the absolute pinnacle of political achievement. He obviously, desperately, wants to be PM. He was far and away the favourite. But he knows that he has a habit of putting his foot in it.

So, all he had to do was decide to do absolutely nothing for the next four weeks that would give his detractors/opponent any ammunition to use against him. Never mind four weeks, he only lasted 48 hours.

I'm quite sure the likes of Gove, the press,, former colleagues and others have yet more dynamite to unleash, it's just a matter of timing.

Even talk that they let him become PM for one day.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Boris Johnson on 19:16 - Jun 23 with 764 viewsmonmouth

Boris Johnson on 17:55 - Jun 23 by johnlangy

He's not an idiot, he's a low performing sociopath.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boris Johnson on 19:45 - Jun 23 with 742 viewsDJack

Boris Johnson on 18:29 - Jun 22 by Highjack

In my considerable experience it’s always the mans fault during arguments.

Going by what you post here I can see why...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Boris Johnson on 21:12 - Jun 23 with 693 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson as PM. Imagine that.

Poll: Tory leader

Boris Johnson on 21:13 - Jun 23 with 692 viewslonglostjack

Boris Johnson on 18:03 - Jun 23 by sherpajacob

I'm quite sure the likes of Gove, the press,, former colleagues and others have yet more dynamite to unleash, it's just a matter of timing.

Even talk that they let him become PM for one day.

This. I’m sure it’s a case of when to press the button.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Boris Johnson on 21:14 - Jun 23 with 688 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 14:39 - Jun 23 by Highjack

Didn’t Fawkes sort of die a bit about 400 years ago?

He can’t have, it’s where Bluey gets all his material.

Boris Johnson on 21:18 - Jun 23 with 685 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 21:14 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

He can’t have, it’s where Bluey gets all his material.

Wrong, but never mind. Guido is particularly slow on anti-semitic stuff, mostly because there are people far more qualified dealing with that stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson on 21:23 - Jun 23 with 670 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Tory working majority is currently three, including the DUP whose votes are no longer guaranteed. An immediate confidence motion once Boris is installed could be hugely interesting.

Boris Johnson on 21:24 - Jun 23 with 667 viewsLohengrin

Boris Johnson on 14:31 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

Lisa, most of my stuff about anti-semitism in Labour doesn't come from Guido Fawkes. It comes from those fighting anti-semitism every day.

”It comes from those fighting anti-semitism every day.”

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Boris Johnson on 21:31 - Jun 23 with 656 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 21:23 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

The Tory working majority is currently three, including the DUP whose votes are no longer guaranteed. An immediate confidence motion once Boris is installed could be hugely interesting.

Which leads where? A GE?
Boris Johnson on 21:32 - Jun 23 with 652 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 21:31 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

Which leads where? A GE?

Depends on the outcome of the vote on the confidence motion. Obviously.

Boris Johnson on 21:36 - Jun 23 with 637 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 21:23 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

Hilariously there’s a suggestion that Johnson could be leader of the party and May stays on as PM as the Queen is informed Johnson can’t command a majority of the house but May does.

How possible that is, who knows. Not the Johnson bit (he won’t last - it only takes two of Stewart, Grieve and Boles to cross) but the May bit.

It appears though that there may be quite a bit more (not necessarily related) to come on the Johnson front... Hunt is not looking quite as much of an outsider as he was just a couple of days ago. Not that he’d be much better. But he’d be a tiny bit better.
Boris Johnson on 21:37 - Jun 23 with 637 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 21:32 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

Depends on the outcome of the vote on the confidence motion. Obviously.

Well, duh, but the obvious comment about the very low majority means you think it's a definite possibility.
Boris Johnson on 21:40 - Jun 23 with 629 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 21:37 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

Well, duh, but the obvious comment about the very low majority means you think it's a definite possibility.

Everyone thinks it is. Haven’t you seen the papers today talking about it?
Boris Johnson on 21:43 - Jun 23 with 625 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 21:40 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

Everyone thinks it is. Haven’t you seen the papers today talking about it?

Been busy coding today, not really read the papers that much.
Boris Johnson on 21:44 - Jun 23 with 622 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 21:36 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

Hilariously there’s a suggestion that Johnson could be leader of the party and May stays on as PM as the Queen is informed Johnson can’t command a majority of the house but May does.

How possible that is, who knows. Not the Johnson bit (he won’t last - it only takes two of Stewart, Grieve and Boles to cross) but the May bit.

It appears though that there may be quite a bit more (not necessarily related) to come on the Johnson front... Hunt is not looking quite as much of an outsider as he was just a couple of days ago. Not that he’d be much better. But he’d be a tiny bit better.

May is constitutionally required to remain as PM unless and until she can recommend a successor to the Queen who can command the confidence of the House. She doesn’t even have the option of asking the Queen to dissolve parliament and move to an election as the Fixed Term Parliament Act removed that. We could be in genuine uncharted territory.

Boris Johnson on 21:45 - Jun 23 with 616 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 21:37 - Jun 23 by bluey_the_blue

Well see my reply to Lisa but if the Queen did invite Johnson to form a government and that government loses a confidence vote then an election is sure to follow unless an alternative government can be formed in two weeks (which won’t happen given the numbers).

Boris Johnson on 21:51 - Jun 23 with 606 viewssdh1412

None of this would have happened in Jim Hackers time.
Boris Johnson on 21:51 - Jun 23 with 602 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 21:44 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

May is constitutionally required to remain as PM unless and until she can recommend a successor to the Queen who can command the confidence of the House. She doesn’t even have the option of asking the Queen to dissolve parliament and move to an election as the Fixed Term Parliament Act removed that. We could be in genuine uncharted territory.

Ah, hence that particular rumour then.

Interesting.
Boris Johnson on 21:54 - Jun 23 with 592 viewslonglostjack

Boris Johnson on 21:45 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

Well see my reply to Lisa but if the Queen did invite Johnson to form a government and that government loses a confidence vote then an election is sure to follow unless an alternative government can be formed in two weeks (which won’t happen given the numbers).

I’m sure Boris would prefer a second referendum to a GE. I wonder how he’ll wangle/sell it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Boris Johnson on 21:55 - Jun 23 with 588 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 21:54 - Jun 23 by longlostjack

I’m sure Boris would prefer a second referendum to a GE. I wonder how he’ll wangle/sell it.

He’ll have to get that through parliament as well. There’s no majority for that in the current parliament. Another pointer to an election first.

Boris Johnson on 21:57 - Jun 23 with 584 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 21:51 - Jun 23 by sdh1412

None of this would have happened in Jim Hackers time.

Good old Jim only rose to the top as a result of some internal party shenanigans as well. That and a drunken Home Secretary.

Boris Johnson on 21:58 - Jun 23 with 581 viewsCooperman

Boris Johnson on 21:36 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

Hunt got my vote and what I think was the only vote in ECB’s poll.

Whipping 300 odd Tory MP’s towards a BoJo win was inevitable but I didn’t see the same level of probability when there’s tens of thousands of party members to contend with, and that’s before the recent late night shouting match. So maybe it’s not a foregone conclusion.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Boris Johnson on 22:00 - Jun 23 with 576 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 21:58 - Jun 23 by Cooperman

Hunt got my vote and what I think was the only vote in ECB’s poll.

Whipping 300 odd Tory MP’s towards a BoJo win was inevitable but I didn’t see the same level of probability when there’s tens of thousands of party members to contend with, and that’s before the recent late night shouting match. So maybe it’s not a foregone conclusion.

I’d say it’s far less of a foregone conclusion now than it was 48 hours ago. I still think Johnson will win mind as the electorate is Tory members who mostly think his sh*t is chocolate. And replacing May with Hunt is essentially like for like.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024