Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51351 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 20:10 - Jul 29 with 1989 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 20:03 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Well if he’s not pushing to leave, then he is obviously open to playing for less money for us.

All the signs with this one leads to us pushing for the transfer, as it did with DJ to Leeds, the £1.5m loan deal one.

<<James' agent David Manasseh told The Telegraph: “Swansea made no attempt to keep the player and at the first sign of money they couldn’t show him the door quickly enough. It is very disappointing but the player is philosophical about it.”>>
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:05]

That’s nonsense.

We haven’t accepted an offer yet. When we do, if he says ‘I’d rather stay for less money’ then he’s prepared to stay for less money. Until then, he’s not. He’s playing for the money he can get.

If he asks for a move, that leads to issues for him financially.

The DJ one, the player wanted to go. In fact, wasn’t it McBurnie that was trying to help him get in touch with Jenkins?
Oli McBurnie on 20:13 - Jul 29 with 1962 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 20:07 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

(sigh) We don't, Lisa. I'm basing my reply to the reply of this:

"Oli 'not pushing for move' according to BBC Sport."

Oli not pushing for a move doesn’t mean when we accept an offer he’d stay here for less money. He knows we’re negotiating I would assume, since everyone knows.
Oli McBurnie on 20:22 - Jul 29 with 1835 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 20:08 - Jul 29 by Highjack

Of course he isn’t. It’s sheffield united.

Great city, lovely surrounding countryside, near to his home. I think he’ll find it quite attractive.

Although he appears to like being in Swansea...
Oli McBurnie on 20:22 - Jul 29 with 1834 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 20:10 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

That’s nonsense.

We haven’t accepted an offer yet. When we do, if he says ‘I’d rather stay for less money’ then he’s prepared to stay for less money. Until then, he’s not. He’s playing for the money he can get.

If he asks for a move, that leads to issues for him financially.

The DJ one, the player wanted to go. In fact, wasn’t it McBurnie that was trying to help him get in touch with Jenkins?

DJ never wanted the move, he went when we made it clear we wanted to move him on for financial reasons. His whole situation changed by the time he was in Leeds, things were in place and us pulling the plug left him with issues which had nothing to do with finances.

If the club want Oli out for the same reason as above, he’s going to move on but I can’t see what financial issues it will cause him if he told the club he wanted out, I highly doubt he’s on a sizeable loyalty bonus with us compared to the pay rise he would get if and when he signs the Sheff Utd contract.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:24]
Oli McBurnie on 20:24 - Jul 29 with 1810 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 20:22 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

DJ never wanted the move, he went when we made it clear we wanted to move him on for financial reasons. His whole situation changed by the time he was in Leeds, things were in place and us pulling the plug left him with issues which had nothing to do with finances.

If the club want Oli out for the same reason as above, he’s going to move on but I can’t see what financial issues it will cause him if he told the club he wanted out, I highly doubt he’s on a sizeable loyalty bonus with us compared to the pay rise he would get if and when he signs the Sheff Utd contract.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:24]

Let’s agree to disagree on DJ.
Oli McBurnie on 20:25 - Jul 29 with 1782 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 20:24 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Let’s agree to disagree on DJ.

There’s no argument, just me stating facts and you making assumptions.

Edit - on the DJ one, all the Oli stuff no one has a clue about.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:31]
Oli McBurnie on 20:35 - Jul 29 with 1675 viewsGaryjack

Oli McBurnie on 20:25 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

There’s no argument, just me stating facts and you making assumptions.

Edit - on the DJ one, all the Oli stuff no one has a clue about.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:31]

You're stating facts that the club wanted to move him on? I think not. The club tried everything they possibly could to tie him down to a new deal, but when one couldn't be reached, with him entering the final year of his contract, he had to be sold.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47776952

£4m buy out clause, yet we get £15m+. No brainer.
Oli McBurnie on 20:36 - Jul 29 with 1649 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 20:35 - Jul 29 by Garyjack

You're stating facts that the club wanted to move him on? I think not. The club tried everything they possibly could to tie him down to a new deal, but when one couldn't be reached, with him entering the final year of his contract, he had to be sold.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47776952

£4m buy out clause, yet we get £15m+. No brainer.

The Leeds move I’m on about.

The one where we were willing to let him go for a £1.5m loan fee, which the yanks apparently dealt with the Leeds owner directly over.

After that saga DJ’s whole situation and attitude towards us changed, and rightly so.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 20:38 - Jul 29 with 1629 viewsGaryjack

Oli McBurnie on 20:36 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

The Leeds move I’m on about.

The one where we were willing to let him go for a £1.5m loan fee, which the yanks apparently dealt with the Leeds owner directly over.

After that saga DJ’s whole situation and attitude towards us changed, and rightly so.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:38]

Which the club pulled the plug on!
Oli McBurnie on 20:39 - Jul 29 with 1615 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 20:38 - Jul 29 by Garyjack

Which the club pulled the plug on!

Jenkins pulled the plug on.

Our owners dealt with the Leeds chairman directly with it.

Dear me it’s painful on here.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:39]
Oli McBurnie on 20:40 - Jul 29 with 1600 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Oli McBurnie on 20:13 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Oli not pushing for a move doesn’t mean when we accept an offer he’d stay here for less money. He knows we’re negotiating I would assume, since everyone knows.

The point here is that, if reports are correct, he isn't pushing for the move.

That makes this situation seemingly different than any of the other 5 players (I forgot about Alfie) the current owners have sold off for eight figures. They can't use the excuse of "we can't stop a player who doesn't want to be here" in the wake of selling him, this time, for a change.

At least to me it does. Sorry to disagree.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Oli McBurnie on 20:48 - Jul 29 with 1490 viewsGaryjack

Oli McBurnie on 20:39 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Jenkins pulled the plug on.

Our owners dealt with the Leeds chairman directly with it.

Dear me it’s painful on here.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:39]

Yes it is. Let's face it, at the time we had a player who hadn't really pulled up any trees, was worth a few quid, but nearing the final year of his contract and negotiations weren't going well. Leeds came calling and we accepted the deal. Jenkins pulled the plug, and ironically he then produced his best form! Negotiations re-opened culminating in the article i produced. There is not one shred of evidence that Dan James wished to remain a Swansea City player unless the benefit was to himself and his agent. No assumptions there, just plain facts. However painful it is for you to accept.
Oli McBurnie on 20:52 - Jul 29 with 1430 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Step forward Borja

I’ll have a bit of faith in him 👍🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Oli McBurnie on 20:55 - Jul 29 with 1399 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 20:48 - Jul 29 by Garyjack

Yes it is. Let's face it, at the time we had a player who hadn't really pulled up any trees, was worth a few quid, but nearing the final year of his contract and negotiations weren't going well. Leeds came calling and we accepted the deal. Jenkins pulled the plug, and ironically he then produced his best form! Negotiations re-opened culminating in the article i produced. There is not one shred of evidence that Dan James wished to remain a Swansea City player unless the benefit was to himself and his agent. No assumptions there, just plain facts. However painful it is for you to accept.

Anyone who has the slightest knowledge of football knew that Leeds were pulling our pants down with that deal. His performances after the deal fell through obviously were always going to prove that.

Oh there’s evidence he wished to remain a Swansea player. Plenty of it.
Oli McBurnie on 20:56 - Jul 29 with 1385 viewsthornabyswan

Oli McBurnie on 20:52 - Jul 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Step forward Borja

I’ll have a bit of faith in him 👍🏻

If Mcburnie does go for 20 million.

That will be over 40 received this summer will any be put back into the squad or will it be put to one side in readyness for the.court case.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Oli McBurnie on 20:59 - Jul 29 with 1338 viewsthornabyswan

Oli McBurnie on 20:55 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Anyone who has the slightest knowledge of football knew that Leeds were pulling our pants down with that deal. His performances after the deal fell through obviously were always going to prove that.

No evidence at all just wishful thinking

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Oli McBurnie on 21:01 - Jul 29 with 1317 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 20:59 - Jul 29 by thornabyswan

No evidence at all just wishful thinking

Ok
Oli McBurnie on 21:01 - Jul 29 with 1312 viewsGaryjack

Oli McBurnie on 20:55 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Don't stop there!..........................................
Oli McBurnie on 21:06 - Jul 29 with 1231 viewsexiledclaseboy

I thought James was desperate to go to Leeds? Wasn’t he left out of the first couple of games after the deal collapsed to get his head together or something?

Poll: Tory leader

Oli McBurnie on 21:08 - Jul 29 with 1205 viewsthornabyswan

Oli McBurnie on 21:06 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

I thought James was desperate to go to Leeds? Wasn’t he left out of the first couple of games after the deal collapsed to get his head together or something?

Stop talking sense it will never catch on.

Oli McBurnie on 21:09 - Jul 29 with 1192 viewslondonlisa2001

He was.
Oli McBurnie on 21:10 - Jul 29 with 1180 viewsLuther27

Ok...new track. Ollie goes...for oooh £20 million. BJ leaves next week on loan...AA leaves...on loan...Montero transferred out. Well...aren't we living the dream. Thank God we have CBR to lead the line. Oh, and we remain solvent until next season when the same shite about reducing the black hole as parachute payments are reduced and the rest of the team have a price on their heads etc etc.
Oli McBurnie on 21:10 - Jul 29 with 1177 viewsGaryjack

Nah, he just had to take time out for the euphoria of still being a Swansea City player to sink in.
Oli McBurnie on 21:12 - Jul 29 with 1145 viewsthornabyswan

Oli McBurnie on 21:09 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

He was.

.Just waiting for someone to say we forced him to sign for Man U he didn't want the 68k a week they were offering.
He wanted to play for us and help us get promotion or something like that.

Oli McBurnie on 21:15 - Jul 29 with 1103 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 21:12 - Jul 29 by thornabyswan

.Just waiting for someone to say we forced him to sign for Man U he didn't want the 68k a week they were offering.
He wanted to play for us and help us get promotion or something like that.

I heard that as well...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024