Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51352 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 12:02 - Jul 29 with 2543 viewsBadlands

I think one at least would have to - I wouldn't rely on Borja being with after the start of September and if he left after 8th of August we'd only have Asoro and CBR as a declared strikers.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oli McBurnie on 12:04 - Jul 29 with 2528 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 11:42 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Not convinced he’ll make the step up to PL.

I think he'll struggle to be honest, I also can't see Sheff Utd being competitive but I suppose the same was always said about us.

If this goes through, we are going into a new season with our two best attacking players gone, with no replacements. I will be amazed if we spend any of the money recouped from the potential McBurnie deal. Not good at all.
Oli McBurnie on 12:10 - Jul 29 with 2459 viewsSWANSEYE

BBC Reporting that fresh offer received this morning from Sheffield United and now under consideration
Oli McBurnie on 12:20 - Jul 29 with 2355 viewspencoedjack

Oli McBurnie on 11:16 - Jul 29 by Thrasher6

Depressing....

Very

Be gutted if he leaves
Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 29 with 2304 viewsSWANSEYE

Total lack of ambition if we sell him at this stage of the season . .20 goals a Season + gone with no back up guaranteed !!!
Oli McBurnie on 12:28 - Jul 29 with 2280 viewsLeonWasGod

Oli McBurnie on 11:42 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Not convinced he’ll make the step up to PL.

Me neither. I don't think this suits anyone. He'll struggle to make the step up, Sheff Utd will be wasting their money and we're fecked without him.
Oli McBurnie on 12:29 - Jul 29 with 2273 viewsLeonWasGod

Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 29 by SWANSEYE

Total lack of ambition if we sell him at this stage of the season . .20 goals a Season + gone with no back up guaranteed !!!

You're not a Courtney Baker-Richardson fan then?
Oli McBurnie on 12:29 - Jul 29 with 2273 viewsFireboy2

Oli McBurnie on 12:20 - Jul 29 by pencoedjack

Very

Be gutted if he leaves

Seconded.

Just hope against all hope that whilst this negotiation is going on we are on the lookout for a striker.
Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 12:37 - Jul 29 with 2176 viewsmagicdaps10

Fully expect him to be off with Kasey Palmer and a striker coming in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oli McBurnie on 12:40 - Jul 29 with 2151 viewsVincent_Vega

All optimism will disappear if Oli is sold this late in the window and clubs will know we'll be desperate for another striker, that we would've had revenue in and thus pump the price up. Other clubs don't give 2 Phucks about this 'black hole' we have.

This transfer surely is no good for anyone apart from Oli's bank balance. He'll struggle in PL no doubt.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Oli McBurnie on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 2119 viewsNotLoyal

Oli McBurnie on 12:40 - Jul 29 by Vincent_Vega

All optimism will disappear if Oli is sold this late in the window and clubs will know we'll be desperate for another striker, that we would've had revenue in and thus pump the price up. Other clubs don't give 2 Phucks about this 'black hole' we have.

This transfer surely is no good for anyone apart from Oli's bank balance. He'll struggle in PL no doubt.

I'm not sure what black hole we have.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oli McBurnie on 12:44 - Jul 29 with 2112 viewsThrasher6

I could be wrong but the reality is that Sheff Utd will be back in the Championship next season..(They won't be good enough to survive, I don't rate Chris Wilder as he's too one dimensional). That's the depressing part. They are going nowhere but they are taking us with them...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Oli McBurnie on 12:48 - Jul 29 with 2057 viewsVincent_Vega

Oli McBurnie on 12:43 - Jul 29 by NotLoyal

Haven't you heard?!? We have a £30million black hole in our finances which if we don't plug it sharpish we'll all be sucked into the 12th dimension, or something.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 12:49]

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Oli McBurnie on 12:53 - Jul 29 with 1968 viewsclloy2

Oli McBurnie on 12:48 - Jul 29 by Vincent_Vega

Haven't you heard?!? We have a £30million black hole in our finances which if we don't plug it sharpish we'll all be sucked into the 12th dimension, or something.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 12:49]

Yes and when that one is plugged, another one will materialise to take its place.
That's the depressing reality of life under our American owners.
Don't be surprised if Olly isn't the last departure either.
Oli McBurnie on 12:55 - Jul 29 with 1941 viewsjack247

Oli McBurnie on 11:20 - Jul 29 by jasper_T

Not many on here thought we'd be getting that sort of offer for him this time last year.

Wonder who will be the £15-20m man (or men) 12 months from now.

Haven’t you always maintained that the best players from the academy are already in the first team (or at Man United)?

Or is it now going to produce £15/20m players every season?
Oli McBurnie on 12:56 - Jul 29 with 1936 views3swan

15% of the profit to Bradford City

Crucially, though, City retain a 15 per cent sell-on clause covering any profit made by the Welsh club when the 23-year-old is sold.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united
Oli McBurnie on 12:58 - Jul 29 with 1913 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 12:37 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

Fully expect him to be off with Kasey Palmer and a striker coming in.

The idea we are building on Cooper's foundations are out of the window if we bring in Palmer.
Ollie, I think, has to have he team playing in a way that suits him. He has seemed lost as lone target man and did best last season when encouraged to roam. Will he have that with Cooper or at Sheffield? I think neither.
£20 million is an incredible price and TBH too good to ignore.
After Roberto left, we lost Scotland didn't replace him with a fit or effective goalscorer but improved our standing in the league the following season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oli McBurnie on 13:08 - Jul 29 with 1819 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 12:43 - Jul 29 by NotLoyal

It is starting to get that feel about it.

I fully understand where we are as a club in the food chain, but it's the lack of investment back into the squad that gets the alarm bells ringing for me.

Brentford for example:
Sold Konsa to Villa, spent half back on Potnus Jansson.
Sawers to West Brom, replaced with the lad from Celta Vigo Jensen.
Year before that, Mepham out, Konsa In etc etc.

Like I said earlier, we are going into next season without our two biggest attacking threats, one scored a large percentage of our goals without any adequate replacements in. It will not be Borja, they still want him out and the chairman has said publicly it's a priority to get him off wagebill, this deal will not change that.

It's a recipe for disaster in my opinion and again it feels like we are being taken for mugs. Safety is the priority for Cooper next year, we won't move forward as a club until the Americans are gone.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 13:09]
Oli McBurnie on 13:10 - Jul 29 with 1798 viewsJacket

As many have said, the worst part about this is that it's not good news for us or for Oli. It would be tough for him to make an impact in the PL at the best time, but certainly won't make a huge impact at a club that are sure to struggle. But for us, he'll be a huge loss, even if we keep Borja and he does well as a lone striker. The other down side of that is that Borja will also be on his way in 12 months time.
Oli McBurnie on 13:26 - Jul 29 with 1656 viewsjasper_T

Oli McBurnie on 12:55 - Jul 29 by jack247

Haven’t you always maintained that the best players from the academy are already in the first team (or at Man United)?

Or is it now going to produce £15/20m players every season?

It might. This league does that now, football's gone mad.

Joe might be a £20m player in 12 months time. Byers as well. Standouts from our successful academy sides are still at the club. Jack Evans. Steven Benda. It's the batch behind them I'm not sure about.

But saying that there's a lot to like about Jordon Garrick, Oliver Cooper, Mason Jones-Thomas, Tivonge Rushesha and the three centre halves behind Cian. Lewis Webb could be a good pickup, and I've heard good things about Scott Butler.
Oli McBurnie on 13:31 - Jul 29 with 1595 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 13:08 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

I fully understand where we are as a club in the food chain, but it's the lack of investment back into the squad that gets the alarm bells ringing for me.

Brentford for example:

Like I said earlier, we are going into next season without our two biggest attacking threats, one scored a large percentage of our goals without any adequate replacements in. It will not be Borja, they still want him out and the chairman has said publicly it's a priority to get him off wagebill, this deal will not change that.

It's a recipe for disaster in my opinion and again it feels like we are being taken for mugs. Safety is the priority for Cooper next year, we won't move forward as a club until the Americans are gone.

Ffs...haven't started the first game yet and I'm already considering not renewing my season ticket next year. Getting fkn fed up of this shite tbh.
Oli McBurnie on 13:42 - Jul 29 with 1477 viewsjack247

Oli McBurnie on 13:08 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Brentford for example:

We’re in managed decline under these guys. All I can see happening is us plodding along, selling a player whenever we get a good offer for him and replacing cheaply/from the development setup.

It’s easy to give examples of players who’ve been sold for big money and successfully replaced for peanuts, but it’s not a viable long term strategy, it just erodes the quality of our squad.

If McB goes for £20m, that’s £35m plus whatever we got for Ayew. Bony, Ayew,Fer, Olsson off the wage bill. How big is this black hole?
Oli McBurnie on 13:45 - Jul 29 with 1448 viewshobo

Oli McBurnie on 11:54 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Gareth Vincent tweet:

#Swans indicating that McBurnie fee would go a long way towards putting the club back on an even keel financially, but surely a couple of attacking players - at least - must arrive before the window closes in just 10 days' time

No it won’t.

What nonsense. The books have long been on an even keel, at least!
Oli McBurnie on 13:51 - Jul 29 with 1392 viewslondonlisa2001

This close season is beginning to look a little weak again.

Players earmarked for leaving still with us, Jordan Ayew aside.

Positions mentioned as requiring strengthening not done as yet - left back replacement for Olsson in which is good, centre half replacement for CCV done which is also good, but others mentioned (forward and wide player) not done. If McBurnie goes, which I imagine is going to happen, that leaves us another forward short. Baston could be considered as one of the necessary forwards but that’s a great financial cost.

I’m a little confused why CBR hasn’t been used more - has he been injured? We’ve known for a while McBurnie may go, so not sure why we wouldn’t work with what’s likely to be left.

Lot of work required in the next week or so, and we go into the season not really knowing what we will have. That’s not great.
Oli McBurnie on 14:10 - Jul 29 with 1234 viewsLuther27

Oli McBurnie on 13:51 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

This close season is beginning to look a little weak again.

Players earmarked for leaving still with us, Jordan Ayew aside.

Positions mentioned as requiring strengthening not done as yet - left back replacement for Olsson in which is good, centre half replacement for CCV done which is also good, but others mentioned (forward and wide player) not done. If McBurnie goes, which I imagine is going to happen, that leaves us another forward short. Baston could be considered as one of the necessary forwards but that’s a great financial cost.

I’m a little confused why CBR hasn’t been used more - has he been injured? We’ve known for a while McBurnie may go, so not sure why we wouldn’t work with what’s likely to be left.

Lot of work required in the next week or so, and we go into the season not really knowing what we will have. That’s not great.

It seems no matter who is in charge the story is the same. No news about CBR?....I thought communication was significantly improved....allegedly. If he's not being used and is fit can you imagine the verbal bricks he'll be getting on here through no fault of his own if he's thrown in the deep end?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024