Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51336 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 15:41 - Jul 28 with 2685 viewsDarran

Oli McBurnie on 15:38 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

as i've said, all the information for player transfer deals in google searches i've looked at, do not mention there is a seperate players sign on fee, and agents fee.

if there was definite separate players fee, i'm sure i could find some information about this, but i can't.

i think you must be confusing the agents fee, which is at a general rule of thumb is 5% to 10% - but can go a way lot higher with man u, or barcelona transfers, up to 40% i've read!!

so lets say mcburnie's agent is trying for a 10% fee, surely he would then negotiate with mcburnie what his cut from the 10% would be?

✵

Butt listen,since the transfer fee was invented a player gets a percentage if he hasn’t put a transfer request in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Oli McBurnie on 15:48 - Jul 28 with 2646 viewsSwanseaman

✵

i am going to take mcburnie's potential transfer to sheffield at face value.

he has stated in an interview, that he has nothing to do with it, he is just getting on with his football and what ever those higher up decide, he will go along with.

Birch has stated that any really high offer - over £20m but could be slightly higher - they would sell.

so it's really up to sheffield if they are willing to pay up or not.

although the club could still decide not to sell, if they believe that they need him enough, that would be our main hope.

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oli McBurnie on 16:03 - Jul 28 with 2574 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 15:38 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

as i've said, all the information for player transfer deals in google searches i've looked at, do not mention there is a seperate players sign on fee, and agents fee.

if there was definite separate players fee, i'm sure i could find some information about this, but i can't.

i think you must be confusing the agents fee, which is at a general rule of thumb is 5% to 10% - but can go a way lot higher with man u, or barcelona transfers, up to 40% i've read!!

so lets say mcburnie's agent is trying for a 10% fee, surely he would then negotiate with mcburnie what his cut from the 10% would be?

✵

I totally apologies, who am I to disagree what it states on a Google search.............. The whole signing on fee for a player must be a myth.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oli McBurnie on 16:04 - Jul 28 with 2564 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 15:41 - Jul 28 by Darran

Butt listen,since the transfer fee was invented a player gets a percentage if he hasn’t put a transfer request in.

✵

you are saying now a player only gets a fee, if they don't put in a transfer request?

i'am asking do you have any link to show this information, so i can read up about it, is ok to ask that or not?

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oli McBurnie on 16:07 - Jul 28 with 2543 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 16:03 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

I totally apologies, who am I to disagree what it states on a Google search.............. The whole signing on fee for a player must be a myth.

✵

so you can't find anything either.

✵

Oli McBurnie on 16:37 - Jul 28 with 2408 viewsItchySphincter

Oli McBurnie on 16:04 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

you are saying now a player only gets a fee, if they don't put in a transfer request?

i'am asking do you have any link to show this information, so i can read up about it, is ok to ask that or not?

✵

It has been accepted knowledge for ever.

A players contract with his club is made up of signing on fee, loyalty bonus from the club he is leaving if he hasn't requested a transfer, weekly wage and bonuses.

If a player mover on a free the 'buying' club pays the transfer fee to the player as a signing on fee, rather than the club he is leaving, therefor highest bidder still wins.

It's always been that way.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Oli McBurnie on 16:44 - Jul 28 with 2376 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 16:07 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

so you can't find anything either.

✵

Jeez, it is like E20 all over again.

There is no actual link or a read up for you, it has been known this is the case for many a year.

Oli McBurnie on 17:01 - Jul 28 with 2299 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 16:44 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Jeez, it is like E20 all over again.

There is no actual link or a read up for you, it has been known this is the case for many a year.

✵

i think it has probably been well known since agents became involved with the transfer deals, that the 'players fee' is negotiated between the player and the agent, and it comes out of the 'agents fee'

unless you can show me any different - which i know you can't - this seems the obvious.

✵

Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 17:02 - Jul 28 with 2294 viewsBadlands

'The player, their agent, the club and all their lawyers must thrash out a new contract. This includes details of salaries and bonuses, such as signing-on and loyalty bonuses.'

So there is no agreed signing on fee, any more.
( https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20170829-how-does-a-football-transfer-work)

Barcelona in response to Neymar's move was threatening to sue for the return of bonuses agreed in his previous contract agreement with them, ' The Spanish club is demanding 8.5m euros ($10.1m) in damages, plus the return of an undisclosed bonus and a further 10% of that amount in interest.' which translates roughly to a figure in the regions of 10%

Back in ancient times when footballers didn't earn much and wages were capped, signing on fees (resettling expenses!) 10% of the transfer was 'considered' a fair tax free payment for the player. That won't be Google either but was the case. Just as boot money was in rugby union.
(One senior Welsh International from Llanelli revealed after a game that turning professional had out him money as he was now having to pay tax!)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oli McBurnie on 17:07 - Jul 28 with 2271 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 17:01 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

i think it has probably been well known since agents became involved with the transfer deals, that the 'players fee' is negotiated between the player and the agent, and it comes out of the 'agents fee'

unless you can show me any different - which i know you can't - this seems the obvious.

✵

Thank you for that response, picture is a whole lot clearer to me.

Welcome back.

Oli McBurnie on 17:17 - Jul 28 with 2234 viewsshandyjack

ii thought it was common knowledge players get a signing on fee from their new club, same as they get a bonus when they sign new contracts

Poll: Expectation for the season

Oli McBurnie on 17:20 - Jul 28 with 2215 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 17:17 - Jul 28 by shandyjack

ii thought it was common knowledge players get a signing on fee from their new club, same as they get a bonus when they sign new contracts

It is common knowledge, been like that for years and still is the case.

Oli McBurnie on 17:20 - Jul 28 with 2216 viewsraynor94

Oli McBurnie on 17:17 - Jul 28 by shandyjack

Swanseaman wants it in black and white

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oli McBurnie on 17:24 - Jul 28 with 2190 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 17:07 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Thank you for that response, picture is a whole lot clearer to me.

Welcome back.

✵

✵
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 17:25]

Oli McBurnie on 17:26 - Jul 28 with 2176 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 17:02 - Jul 28 by Badlands

'The player, their agent, the club and all their lawyers must thrash out a new contract. This includes details of salaries and bonuses, such as signing-on and loyalty bonuses.'

( https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20170829-how-does-a-football-transfer-work)

Barcelona in response to Neymar's move was threatening to sue for the return of bonuses agreed in his previous contract agreement with them, ' The Spanish club is demanding 8.5m euros ($10.1m) in damages, plus the return of an undisclosed bonus and a further 10% of that amount in interest.' which translates roughly to a figure in the regions of 10%

Back in ancient times when footballers didn't earn much and wages were capped, signing on fees (resettling expenses!) 10% of the transfer was 'considered' a fair tax free payment for the player. That won't be Google either but was the case. Just as boot money was in rugby union.
(One senior Welsh International from Llanelli revealed after a game that turning professional had out him money as he was now having to pay tax!)

✵

thanks for the information badlands, and helping me to understand things better.

I've had a look and found that there should be a sell-on fee a clause in his swans contract.

Also this info:
'it is rare to see a percentage of a transfer fee being awarded to a player because it requires a trilateral agreement between the selling club, the buying club, the player and his agent/legal counsel.

Most often, instead of getting a cut of the transfer fee, players get a hefty bonus upon signature. The more desired the player is, the higher that bonus gets. Nowadays, players are tempted to wait until the end of their contract to become free agents and maximize their sign-on bonus. They sometimes even get it to sign a new contract for their own club!

https://www.quora.com/What-percent-of-transfer-fees-does-a-player-get

'By default, the player doesn't get any transfer fee. But in few cases a player can have a clause in his contract which states that he gets a certain percentage of his transfer fee when sold.'

'Transfer fee is usually between two clubs. The buying clubs pays an amount negotiated earlier to the selling club. The players has no say in this. The player can only negotiate regarding his personal weekly or annual wages, bonuses, his role at club etc. However, to attract the player, buying club sometimes includes a ‘signing fee’, which is an one time amount paid by the buying club to the player on his signing.

The selling club sometimes can include a loyalty bonus and give a cut of the transfer fee to the player if he had been there for a long time. This depends on the player and his agent too.'

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-a-football-player-get-from-transfer-fee

✵

Oli McBurnie on 18:35 - Jul 28 with 1963 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 14:47 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

what is the usual % of a player signing on fee.

i can't find any information in searches, any links to any.

✵

They will vary enormously, depending on transfer fee, how much the new club wants the player, competition for signature, if the player is a free agent or not. 10% is not uncommon if the player being transferred is under contract and subject to a transfer fee. It would be far higher (as a percentage of ‘market value’ ) where there is no contract and no transfer fee.

They are normally paid in equal instalments over the length of contract.

The Swans, at the date of the last published accounts, had around £8.2m signing fees outstanding. They detail the number in the financial statements.
Oli McBurnie on 18:36 - Jul 28 with 1961 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 14:55 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

no link?

as i've said, all i have read is the agents fee. i presume they will workout how much of the agents fee is split between themselves and the player?

if you can send me a link showing there is a seperate agents fee and player fee that would be great.

✵

No, the agent’s fee is entirely separate. The signing on fee is paid by the club acquiring the contract (or extending the contract of an existing player).
Oli McBurnie on 18:41 - Jul 28 with 1924 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 16:04 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

✵

The transfer request bit is on the selling club’s side.

Say we buy a player for £10m (just pretend) !! 3 year contract. They get a signing fee of, say, £1m. It will be paid in equal instalment over the three years.

If they put in a transfer request after two payments, they will forfeit the third payment. However, the club they move to, for, say £15m, will pay them £1.5m over 3 years. So they still get a signing bonus from their new club.

In most circumstances, a transfer request doesn’t go in, and so they receive the rest of the signing bonus from us (as it’s us breaking their contract in effect by selling them) and the bonus from their new club as well, on a transfer.
Oli McBurnie on 18:42 - Jul 28 with 1907 viewsJack123

He just has to stay..

Fck cardiff ;) YJB.

Edit.I think the user on twitter has deleted his profile.

2nd edit: It's back, not the full vid , but does the job :)
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 19:03]

libera nos a malo

Oli McBurnie on 18:42 - Jul 28 with 1904 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 17:02 - Jul 28 by Badlands

The last bit has nothing to do with signing on fees now, that’s talking about money in paper bags to avoid tax.
Oli McBurnie on 18:58 - Jul 28 with 1795 viewsandrew

He’s gone, let’s find a new striker.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Oli McBurnie on 19:06 - Jul 28 with 1739 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 18:41 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

The transfer request bit is on the selling club’s side.

Say we buy a player for £10m (just pretend) !! 3 year contract. They get a signing fee of, say, £1m. It will be paid in equal instalment over the three years.

If they put in a transfer request after two payments, they will forfeit the third payment. However, the club they move to, for, say £15m, will pay them £1.5m over 3 years. So they still get a signing bonus from their new club.

In most circumstances, a transfer request doesn’t go in, and so they receive the rest of the signing bonus from us (as it’s us breaking their contract in effect by selling them) and the bonus from their new club as well, on a transfer.

✵

okay, i think i understand. if a players is wanted by another club and is still under contract, and his club decides to sell, there may be a clause in his clubs contract that gives him a % of the transfer fee.

he can also get a sign on bonus that is part of the negotiations. it can vary enormously, but 10% of the transfer fee could realistically end up as being the the amount he may receive = £1.8m

✵

Oli McBurnie on 19:13 - Jul 28 with 1690 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 19:06 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

okay, i think i understand. if a players is wanted by another club and is still under contract, and his club decides to sell, there may be a clause in his clubs contract that gives him a % of the transfer fee.

he can also get a sign on bonus that is part of the negotiations. it can vary enormously, but 10% of the transfer fee could realistically end up as being the the amount he may receive = £1.8m

✵

Not quite.

If a player is wanted by another club and his club decide to sell, the signing bonus that he will have had when he first joined the club, that will have been payable in instalments over the length of his contract, will be paid to him to the extent it hasn’t already been paid.

Plus he’ll get a signing fee from his new club, similarly paid in instalments over the length of his new contract.

Each signing fee will vary, but an amount of 10% for each one would not be unusual.
Oli McBurnie on 20:12 - Jul 28 with 1451 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 19:13 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

Not quite.

If a player is wanted by another club and his club decide to sell, the signing bonus that he will have had when he first joined the club, that will have been payable in instalments over the length of his contract, will be paid to him to the extent it hasn’t already been paid.

Plus he’ll get a signing fee from his new club, similarly paid in instalments over the length of his new contract.

Each signing fee will vary, but an amount of 10% for each one would not be unusual.

✵

right, i may have it now: the signing fee was hard to find with google search, because it's being called the sign-on bonus?

a player can receive a hefty 'signing fee/sign-on bonus’ upon signing to a new club (5% to 10% can be usual). The more the player is wanted, the higher the bonus can get.

a player can also have a clause in his contract, stating that he gets a certain percentage of his transfer fee when sold.

also as you say: if he has more years left on his swans contract, our club would have to pay any yearly bonuses left to him as well?

✵

Oli McBurnie on 20:21 - Jul 28 with 1396 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 20:12 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

right, i may have it now: the signing fee was hard to find with google search, because it's being called the sign-on bonus?

a player can receive a hefty 'signing fee/sign-on bonus’ upon signing to a new club (5% to 10% can be usual). The more the player is wanted, the higher the bonus can get.

a player can also have a clause in his contract, stating that he gets a certain percentage of his transfer fee when sold.

also as you say: if he has more years left on his swans contract, our club would have to pay any yearly bonuses left to him as well?

✵

The signing bonus is usually spread over the contract and paid up when the player leaves, unless he’s put in a transfer request.

Note that each will differ though, between clubs, players etc. I’m not aware of contracts that say a player will also receive a % of a transfer fee, which is not to say it doesn’t happen, or, indeed, that we don’t have any.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024