Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51328 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 21:34 - Jul 27 with 2426 viewsjasper_T

Oli McBurnie on 20:44 - Jul 27 by Kilkennyjack

I thought he had a poor game today as it happens..... needs to get in a gym, play as a proper 9, stop being a baby to the ref every week, and work on first touch.

Don't think he's up to it as a 9. Our best 10 though, with Celina's finishing as poor as it is.

Needs to cut down on the tantrums though I agree.
Oli McBurnie on 21:36 - Jul 27 with 2411 viewsdameedna

Oli McBurnie on 21:25 - Jul 27 by Garyjack

I'm not being funny Mr Kaplan, but this is a fans forum, butt out yeah!

15m in the black.

Keep Oli.

If we can.
Oli McBurnie on 21:38 - Jul 27 with 2396 viewsDr_Winston

A player who managed 24 goals almost exclusively as a #9 last season isn't convincing as a #9.

I suspect satire is dead.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oli McBurnie on 21:40 - Jul 27 with 2370 viewsDarran

Oli McBurnie on 21:38 - Jul 27 by Dr_Winston

A player who managed 24 goals almost exclusively as a #9 last season isn't convincing as a #9.

He should have had player of the year. To score over 20 league goals in his first proper season is nothing short of phenomenal.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Oli McBurnie on 21:40 - Jul 27 with 2365 viewsSwanseaman

✵

oli played some great football 2nd half, motm for me.

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oli McBurnie on 21:45 - Jul 27 with 2320 viewsKilkennyjack

Oli McBurnie on 21:34 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Don't think he's up to it as a 9. Our best 10 though, with Celina's finishing as poor as it is.

Needs to cut down on the tantrums though I agree.

I agree Jasper.

As always, you are a very knowledgeable man.

Beware of the Risen People

Oli McBurnie on 21:48 - Jul 27 with 2292 viewsItchySphincter

Oli McBurnie on 21:45 - Jul 27 by Kilkennyjack

I agree Jasper.

As always, you are a very knowledgeable man.

He’s a charlatan.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Oli McBurnie on 21:52 - Jul 27 with 2272 viewsKilkennyjack

Oli McBurnie on 21:48 - Jul 27 by ItchySphincter

He’s a charlatan.

How very rude !

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 21:52 - Jul 27 with 2257 viewsDippy

He’s a charlatan.

This.. he wants to drop Celina and play McBurnie as a 10.. Celina has been by far our best player in preseason, only an idiot would disagree. Celina is our best player by miles.

Poll: Cooper Out

Oli McBurnie on 22:07 - Jul 27 with 2185 viewsploppy

Celina could be our best no. 10 but he needs to improve. He's too easily knocked off the ball - it happened a couple of times in the first half today. It was almost McKay-esque. His finishing is very poor at times too - like today second half and also during the other pre-season games. He gets away with it because he scores worldies every now and then. Luckily Cooper knows this - he said in one of his interviews about wanting Celina to score more. And also, he's sloppy at times - his first touch isn't always good, and he has a habit of being crowded out. That said, we'd struggle without him. Not convinced by Oli in a deeper role TBH. For me he takes too many touches and isn't nimble enough - probably due to his height and his centre of gravity.
Oli McBurnie on 22:19 - Jul 27 with 2129 viewsjasper_T

Oli McBurnie on 21:52 - Jul 27 by Dippy

This.. he wants to drop Celina and play McBurnie as a 10.. Celina has been by far our best player in preseason, only an idiot would disagree. Celina is our best player by miles.

Must be a lot of idiots about, then. Celina is wasteful, dwells on the ball a lot and his finishing is appalling.

Good player for us but "best by miles" come on now be serious.
Oli McBurnie on 22:21 - Jul 27 with 2117 viewsjasper_T

Oli McBurnie on 21:38 - Jul 27 by Dr_Winston

He was far from "almost exclusively as a #9 last season". We had Routledge, CBR, DJ etc. leading the line in a lot of games, with McBurnie playing in behind or out wide where he could get on the ball and be effective.

You wonder if some on here even watched us play last season. Opinions seem based purely on scorelines.
Oli McBurnie on 22:24 - Jul 27 with 2094 viewsDippy

Oli McBurnie on 22:19 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Must be a lot of idiots about, then. Celina is wasteful, dwells on the ball a lot and his finishing is appalling.

Good player for us but "best by miles" come on now be serious.

That's your opinion Jasper and you're entitled to it.. but he's by far and away our most promising player, raw ability in abundance. I don't rate your very high opinion of yourself when it comes to football.. you're very arrogant. And our u23s are miles off the required level to get us back to the Premier League

Oli McBurnie on 22:24 - Jul 27 with 2093 viewsDr_Winston

Oli McBurnie on 22:21 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

He was far from "almost exclusively as a #9 last season". We had Routledge, CBR, DJ etc. leading the line in a lot of games, with McBurnie playing in behind or out wide where he could get on the ball and be effective.

You wonder if some on here even watched us play last season. Opinions seem based purely on scorelines.

Routs played a handful of games upfront. Likewise CBR.

When Oli played he basically always led the line. Fairly hapless to claim otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oli McBurnie on 22:26 - Jul 27 with 2078 viewsDippy

Oli McBurnie on 22:24 - Jul 27 by Dr_Winston

Routs played a handful of games upfront. Likewise CBR.

When Oli played he basically always led the line. Fairly hapless to claim otherwise.

Don't you dare question his superior football talk.. rates himself very highly does Jasp

Oli McBurnie on 22:28 - Jul 27 with 2075 viewsFireboy2

Oli McBurnie on 22:21 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Mcsocks was our only exclusive no 9 last season jasper, no 9s do go out wide now and again during the game you know.
Oli McBurnie on 23:09 - Jul 27 with 1954 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oli McBurnie on 18:28 - Jul 27 by ItchySphincter

Resorting to homophobic slurs just because I recognise a decent player when I see one?

Dear me.

I think you’re overreacting there somewhat.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oli McBurnie on 23:11 - Jul 27 with 1943 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He’s a charlatan.

Is he “tellin’ Stories “???

Oli McBurnie on 23:53 - Jul 27 with 1800 viewsjasper_T

Oli McBurnie on 22:28 - Jul 27 by Fireboy2

Mcsocks was our only exclusive no 9 last season jasper, no 9s do go out wide now and again during the game you know.

And 10s can score goals. He looks much better for us playing between the lines than leading it. Today was one of many examples from the last 12 months.
Oli McBurnie on 00:48 - Jul 28 with 1708 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oli McBurnie on 23:53 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

And 10s can score goals. He looks much better for us playing between the lines than leading it. Today was one of many examples from the last 12 months.

That was a big problem last season. When socks dropped deep no one ran ahead of his, thus compressing our play. With Borja ahead of him it makes the opposition more stretched

Oli McBurnie on 01:13 - Jul 28 with 1679 viewslonglostjack

Oli McBurnie on 23:53 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Agree. Funny really, a sort of gangly Nr. 10 with an eye for a killer ball. Push Celina forward? I must admit I have no coaching badges and have had a few ciders.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Oli McBurnie on 07:26 - Jul 28 with 1537 viewsdameedna

Oli McBurnie on 01:13 - Jul 28 by longlostjack

Agree. Funny really, a sort of gangly Nr. 10 with an eye for a killer ball. Push Celina forward? I must admit I have no coaching badges and have had a few ciders.

oo arr
Oli McBurnie on 08:27 - Jul 28 with 1443 views34dfgdf54

Fans after the game were having pictures with him etc telling him to stay, said “it wasn’t up to him”

Stating the obvious I know, but Sheff Utd still seem desperate to get him. £18m does it a few days before window closes, inevitable unfortunately.
Oli McBurnie on 08:32 - Jul 28 with 1431 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oli McBurnie on 08:27 - Jul 28 by 34dfgdf54

Fans after the game were having pictures with him etc telling him to stay, said “it wasn’t up to him”

Stating the obvious I know, but Sheff Utd still seem desperate to get him. £18m does it a few days before window closes, inevitable unfortunately.

Of course it’s up to him. No players are forced onto better wages and higher echelon clubs. He might not agree terms.

Oli McBurnie on 08:45 - Jul 28 with 1375 viewsswancity

Oli McBurnie on 08:32 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course it’s up to him. No players are forced onto better wages and higher echelon clubs. He might not agree terms.

Not entirely ...if the selling Club are keen to offload as they want or need the cash it puts a different complexion on things. That’s where we are. Ditto Bastón only no one wants him at the minute.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024