Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51344 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 12:05 - Jul 28 with 2597 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 11:53 - Jul 28 by 34dfgdf54

Not on his actual page, was people tagging him farewell posts from what I’ve been told. See darran’s post above.

✵

i can't find anything in the tagged ones either.

https://www.instagram.com/oli_mcburnie/tagged/

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oli McBurnie on 12:10 - Jul 28 with 2549 viewsandrew

Keeping him on the pitch after a knock wouldn’t be the brightest of moves surely?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 28 with 2453 viewsSwanseaman

✵

there's nothing concrete saying mcburnie is leaving. sportsmole have an article where their source is from 'the sun', people are saying that he had some swans leaving party, no evidence though.

I've read a lot about money talks and anyone offered playing at a higher level and better wages. but not everyone is the same. yes, the majority of people are like sheep, but then you get the individuals, who don't follow what everyone else would do.

mcburnie is a unique person, he is a character, it's possible he has belief in himself and the team, and wants another crack at promotion with us before deciding anything.

✵

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Oli McBurnie on 12:50 - Jul 28 with 2293 viewsshandyjack

Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

there's nothing concrete saying mcburnie is leaving. sportsmole have an article where their source is from 'the sun', people are saying that he had some swans leaving party, no evidence though.

I've read a lot about money talks and anyone offered playing at a higher level and better wages. but not everyone is the same. yes, the majority of people are like sheep, but then you get the individuals, who don't follow what everyone else would do.

mcburnie is a unique person, he is a character, it's possible he has belief in himself and the team, and wants another crack at promotion with us before deciding anything.

✵

mate if we accept a bid he'll be gone like the rest of them, just admit it to yourself already

Poll: Expectation for the season

Oli McBurnie on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 2268 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 11:31 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

Its a damn shame we have to sell a 24 goal striker that could help us push for promotion whilst we have several wastes of skin leeching money from the club for doing the square root of fvck all.

It makes my blood boil, i just hope that baston stays til at least january otherwise we will be fighting in the relegation zone with CBR up top.

Know what you mean but TBF any player offered better wages and a sep up will take it.
The thing is we don't have to sell him and Birch will only sell if the price is high enough.
How high is that? The term used was, 'Silly money.'
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 12:55]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oli McBurnie on 12:57 - Jul 28 with 2248 viewsKilkennyjack

Oli McBurnie on 12:26 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

✵

Oli is not going to choose Swansea City over a dream move to the Premier league. The signing on fee alone is £1.8m. Life changing money.

He is a Rangers fan, not a Swans fan. Why would he stay ?
Might be different if he was a local lad, but even then ..?

The club will take the money if the bid comes in, and Oli will take the opportunity. Good luck to him.

The Swans job has been to plan for this as it was always likely to happen, and we have ... right ? Its not exactly a surprise is it.

Beware of the Risen People

Oli McBurnie on 12:57 - Jul 28 with 2246 viewsGaz_M

Oli McBurnie on 11:31 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

Its a damn shame we have to sell a 24 goal striker that could help us push for promotion whilst we have several wastes of skin leeching money from the club for doing the square root of fvck all.

It makes my blood boil, i just hope that baston stays til at least january otherwise we will be fighting in the relegation zone with CBR up top.

Courtney Baker-Richardson would still not be out first choice striker. Routledge would.
Oli McBurnie on 13:09 - Jul 28 with 2179 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 11:36 - Jul 27 by swancity

Are those goal scoring targets on your PlayStation game or real life?

As Routledge has a career record of barely one goal in ten games and has gone 100 plus league matches without a goal before now

A realistic target or expectation from Wayne is five goals plus more assists. He’s been an incredible professional and has served our Club well but coming up to 35 his best days are well and truly in the past😫

Routledge scored 5 goals in 22 game last season.

League record 2018 19

Ollie - 22 goals 37 starts (42 appearances) 0.6 goals a game - (predicted 26 for 46 games)
Bersant 5 in 33 starts (38 appearances) 0.15 goals a game- (predicted 7 for 46 games)
Routledge 5 in 22 starts (24 appearances) 0.22 goals a game (predicted 10 for 46 games)
James 4 in 28 starts (33 appearances) 0.14 goals a game (predicted 6 for 46 games)

So real life - easy if you attend games and look at reality rather Han go with the herd mentality that Routledge and it seems this season Van der Hoorn are s**te.
In fact, if Ollie leaves his goal per game ratio based on last season will be the best at the club.

Routledge may well be 35 but he's still stronger, quicker, more effective, more creative and more reliable than Dyer, McKay, Asoro.
But it seems Cooper shares your view. Suggests to me he'll be recalled in December if the 'youngsters' once again fail to deliver the goods.

Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 2044 viewsmonmouth

Oli McBurnie on 13:09 - Jul 28 by Badlands

Routledge scored 5 goals in 22 game last season.

League record 2018 19

Ollie - 22 goals 37 starts (42 appearances) 0.6 goals a game - (predicted 26 for 46 games)
Bersant 5 in 33 starts (38 appearances) 0.15 goals a game- (predicted 7 for 46 games)
Routledge 5 in 22 starts (24 appearances) 0.22 goals a game (predicted 10 for 46 games)
James 4 in 28 starts (33 appearances) 0.14 goals a game (predicted 6 for 46 games)

So real life - easy if you attend games and look at reality rather Han go with the herd mentality that Routledge and it seems this season Van der Hoorn are s**te.
In fact, if Ollie leaves his goal per game ratio based on last season will be the best at the club.

Routledge may well be 35 but he's still stronger, quicker, more effective, more creative and more reliable than Dyer, McKay, Asoro.
But it seems Cooper shares your view. Suggests to me he'll be recalled in December if the 'youngsters' once again fail to deliver the goods.

I think Dyer could still surprise. He was getting over a terrible injury, but I am biased as Imthink he and routs should be held in far more affection than they are, given their role in our rise and especially the golden period.

Celina would be good for 15 to 20 goals a season if he could finish easy chances. He only seems to put away the highlights reel ones.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Oli McBurnie on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 2043 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 12:57 - Jul 28 by Kilkennyjack

Oli is not going to choose Swansea City over a dream move to the Premier league. The signing on fee alone is £1.8m. Life changing money.

He is a Rangers fan, not a Swans fan. Why would he stay ?
Might be different if he was a local lad, but even then ..?

The club will take the money if the bid comes in, and Oli will take the opportunity. Good luck to him.

The Swans job has been to plan for this as it was always likely to happen, and we have ... right ? Its not exactly a surprise is it.

✵

can you explain how you have worked out mcburnie will be getting a £1.8m signing on fee?

✵

Oli McBurnie on 13:45 - Jul 28 with 1982 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 13:31 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

can you explain how you have worked out mcburnie will be getting a £1.8m signing on fee?

✵

Rule of thumb 10%.
May or may not be true.
Additional wages would be substantial but not outlandishly so, Sheffield aren't throwing money around.

Oli McBurnie on 13:48 - Jul 28 with 1963 viewsmonmouth

Oli McBurnie on 13:31 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

✵

I presume 10% is the going rate? Not that it matters if the signing on fee was zero. The pay and the step up would be sufficient. If he scores a few and Brighton get relegated some other prem team will pick him up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Oli McBurnie on 13:50 - Jul 28 with 1951 viewslondonlisa2001

If McBurnie does go, I hope it’s early this week so we have some time, rather than on the last day of the window.

I’d rather he stayed, but I suspect we won’t turn down a bid of c. £18m for him. Particularly if Baston can’t be moved on.

It’s alarming that there is seemingly no interest in Ayew or Montero, that would be a hugely damaging window if we end up having to pay them off.
Oli McBurnie on 13:53 - Jul 28 with 1932 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 13:50 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

If McBurnie does go, I hope it’s early this week so we have some time, rather than on the last day of the window.

I’d rather he stayed, but I suspect we won’t turn down a bid of c. £18m for him. Particularly if Baston can’t be moved on.

It’s alarming that there is seemingly no interest in Ayew or Montero, that would be a hugely damaging window if we end up having to pay them off.

Pay them off!!!???!!!! That is not going to happen.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oli McBurnie on 13:54 - Jul 28 with 1924 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 13:53 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Pay them off!!!???!!!! That is not going to happen.

We’re not going to keep them at the club.
Oli McBurnie on 13:56 - Jul 28 with 1912 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 13:54 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

We’re not going to keep them at the club.

Can't see it myself

Oli McBurnie on 14:27 - Jul 28 with 1754 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 13:45 - Jul 28 by Badlands

Rule of thumb 10%.
May or may not be true.
Additional wages would be substantial but not outlandishly so, Sheffield aren't throwing money around.

✵

all the information i've checked mentions agents fee, players wages, but nothing about players sign on fee?

5% to 10% are the usual agents fee.

if mcburnie's agent, our club and sheffield are in talks trying to negotiate a deal, no one here will know details of anything regarding fee %.

people think they know what will 'definitely' happen, but we don't. any football documentary i've ever watched, there will be x players who talk about an offer from a club they almost accepted, but they didn't really want to go there so turned down the offer.

✵

Oli McBurnie on 14:31 - Jul 28 with 1728 viewsBadlands

Oli McBurnie on 14:27 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

all the information i've checked mentions agents fee, players wages, but nothing about players sign on fee?

5% to 10% are the usual agents fee.

if mcburnie's agent, our club and sheffield are in talks trying to negotiate a deal, no one here will know details of anything regarding fee %.

people think they know what will 'definitely' happen, but we don't. any football documentary i've ever watched, there will be x players who talk about an offer from a club they almost accepted, but they didn't really want to go there so turned down the offer.

✵

That's the reason I wrote maybe or may not be true ... I do think it is illegal or at least a it dodgy.
Not sure about the documentaries but players turning down a club does happen as we are well aware.
Sometimes it takes vastly inflated fees and wages (think Lucas Sanches) but often it involves persuading the players to move sideways or to lower lever teams.

Oli McBurnie on 14:40 - Jul 28 with 1681 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 14:31 - Jul 28 by Badlands

That's the reason I wrote maybe or may not be true ... I do think it is illegal or at least a it dodgy.
Not sure about the documentaries but players turning down a club does happen as we are well aware.
Sometimes it takes vastly inflated fees and wages (think Lucas Sanches) but often it involves persuading the players to move sideways or to lower lever teams.

✵

i still live in hope that for whatever reason - maybe mcburnie's girlfriend doesn't want to go there - maybe mcburnie has great self belief, and wants to try and get promoted with us, or to go to a more secure premiership club (not be fighting relegation with sheffield).

money can usually convinces people to change their minds though, so i don't think he will definitely stay here, there is a chance, but with our clubs past history there is a big chance he will leave.

✵
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 14:41]

Oli McBurnie on 14:42 - Jul 28 with 1667 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli McBurnie on 14:31 - Jul 28 by Badlands

Signing on fees?

They’re not illegal. Players get a fee / bonus when signing a new contract let alone moving clubs.

The amounts we paid to players like Andre Ayew and Gomis were huge.
Oli McBurnie on 14:47 - Jul 28 with 1639 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 14:42 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

Signing on fees?

They’re not illegal. Players get a fee / bonus when signing a new contract let alone moving clubs.

The amounts we paid to players like Andre Ayew and Gomis were huge.

✵

what is the usual % of a player signing on fee.

i can't find any information in searches, any links to any.

✵

Oli McBurnie on 14:51 - Jul 28 with 1609 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 14:47 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

what is the usual % of a player signing on fee.

i can't find any information in searches, any links to any.

✵

10% is the norm, if a player requests a transfer then it means that they null and void their signing on fee.

Free agents are in a glorious position, they own themselves so value themselves.... Possibly gaining close to their value if they were under contract with a club, Ayew and Gomis as Lisa said, they were free agents and made millions when they signed with us.

Oli McBurnie on 14:55 - Jul 28 with 1578 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 14:51 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

10% is the norm, if a player requests a transfer then it means that they null and void their signing on fee.

Free agents are in a glorious position, they own themselves so value themselves.... Possibly gaining close to their value if they were under contract with a club, Ayew and Gomis as Lisa said, they were free agents and made millions when they signed with us.

✵

no link?

as i've said, all i have read is the agents fee. i presume they will workout how much of the agents fee is split between themselves and the player?

if you can send me a link showing there is a seperate agents fee and player fee that would be great.

✵

Oli McBurnie on 15:05 - Jul 28 with 1526 viewsmagicdaps10

Oli McBurnie on 14:55 - Jul 28 by Swanseaman

✵

no link?

as i've said, all i have read is the agents fee. i presume they will workout how much of the agents fee is split between themselves and the player?

if you can send me a link showing there is a seperate agents fee and player fee that would be great.

✵

I can't give a link to the players contract but this is and always has been the general rule of thumb.
It might not be the case with Mcburnie but as I said, 10% you can't go to far wrong.

You are never going to have closure on this one, each contract will be different.

Oli McBurnie on 15:38 - Jul 28 with 1427 viewsSwanseaman

Oli McBurnie on 15:05 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

I can't give a link to the players contract but this is and always has been the general rule of thumb.
It might not be the case with Mcburnie but as I said, 10% you can't go to far wrong.

You are never going to have closure on this one, each contract will be different.

✵

as i've said, all the information for player transfer deals in google searches i've looked at, do not mention there is a seperate players sign on fee, and agents fee.

if there was definite separate players fee, i'm sure i could find some information about this, but i can't.

i think you must be confusing the agents fee, which is at a general rule of thumb is 5% to 10% - but can go a way lot higher with man u, or barcelona transfers, up to 40% i've read!!

so lets say mcburnie's agent is trying for a 10% fee, surely he would then negotiate with mcburnie what his cut from the 10% would be?

✵

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024