Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Independent Wales 17:59 - Jul 28 with 6855 viewsSgorioFruit

Its not a matter of if, more like a matter of WHEN

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

An Independent Wales on 08:51 - Jul 29 with 823 viewssg1912

Nobody wants independence, it’s just a last throw of the dice for Remainers masquerading as Nationalists to try and thwart Brexit.
An Independent Wales on 09:00 - Jul 29 with 805 viewsKilkennyjack

An Independent Wales on 08:51 - Jul 29 by sg1912

Nobody wants independence, it’s just a last throw of the dice for Remainers masquerading as Nationalists to try and thwart Brexit.

Yes they do - and Plaid runs the next Welsh Govt on todays polling.

Beware of the Risen People

An Independent Wales on 09:05 - Jul 29 with 801 viewsKilkennyjack

An Independent Wales on 07:49 - Jul 29 by Yossarian

An idea that, in theory might have momentarily held some appeal to our eighteen year old selves. With maturity should come a realisation as to what is feasible, practicable and indeed desirable. I would accept that a unified state in Ireland is an inevitability, based on demographics more than anything else- but this will never be feasible on any practical level in the case of Wales- and speaking personally, neither would it be desirable.
Perhaps Kilkenny, as you hold a sense of dual identity, whether contrived or otherwise, you might feel more comfortable living in ‘The Free State’ with an Irish Passport? I would encourage you to live your dream of living in a State that will inevitably be devoid of British institutions and governance. You will certainly not realise that dream here.

Go home , eh ?
Maybe you might want to go to Trumps new America ?

And black and brown people who disagree with you ?
Should they go home as well ?

Its a nasty little message dressed up in some posh words.
So feck you.

Wales is having this debate like it or not.

Beware of the Risen People

An Independent Wales on 09:12 - Jul 29 with 793 viewssg1912

An Independent Wales on 09:00 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

Yes they do - and Plaid runs the next Welsh Govt on todays polling.

How would you know sitting in a foreign country?

... and why do you respect polls but constantly downplay elections and referendums?
An Independent Wales on 09:28 - Jul 29 with 773 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 00:19 - Jul 29 by BytholWyn

I think you'd struggle to name one small European country within the EU that struggles. You need to get with the times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

All these countries in Europe with populations of less than 10 million with a higher GDP per capita than the UK: Luxembourg, Ireland, Norway, Switzerland, San Marino, Iceland, Sweden, Austria, Denmark and Finland. Add Belgium and the Netherlands with populations of under 20 million. In the early 70s Wales had a much higher GDP per capita than Ireland - what does that say about the effects of decades of UK government disinvestment?

I was at the march on Saturday - it was a real eye-opener to meet people who I wouldn't have expected to be there - as attracted by the positive message of the Yes Cymru message as they are repulsed by the likes of Johnson and Farage. If the UK is to survive then it has to manifest attractive qualities and values. At the moment progressives (Welsh, English, or any other nationality) are repulsed by what the UK - and England in particular - is becoming.

One other thing. If we end up with a hard Brexit, the chances of an independent Scotland will increase significantly, as will the prospects of an united Ireland. If those events come to pass it would be unsurprising if the English, in a fit of pique reflecting the sentiment driving Brexit, decide they want to get rid of "sponging" Wales. I can hear the sputtering at that thought from here...

My wife is from Donegal in Ireland, I visit quite regular, aside from Dublin and the South West.... Ireland is struggling. If you think we get it hard outside of London, you really need to visit the Midlands and North of the Republic of Ireland.
Some countries are very good at putting a front on, smaller patriotic countries have a knack of doing this.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

An Independent Wales on 09:33 - Jul 29 with 767 viewsBytholWyn

An Independent Wales on 09:28 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

My wife is from Donegal in Ireland, I visit quite regular, aside from Dublin and the South West.... Ireland is struggling. If you think we get it hard outside of London, you really need to visit the Midlands and North of the Republic of Ireland.
Some countries are very good at putting a front on, smaller patriotic countries have a knack of doing this.

I mean seriously... So, the GDP figures for Ireland are made up then...

Of course there are poorer and richer parts of all countries, but you'll find it hard to find a country in Europe with greater disparity between rich and poor regions/nations as the UK. Those are facts. Rather inconvenient for your argument but facts nevertheless.
An Independent Wales on 09:34 - Jul 29 with 764 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 07:37 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

Well i think the welsh people deserve a fair deal, and it looks like progressive change is needed to achieve it.

If people think Boris the clown gives a toss about Wales (why would he ?), then they are seriously misled.

Ireland is doing much better than wales. Why ?

Ireland is not doing much better though, how do I know this?
My wife is from Donegal, my brother in law from Offley and living in Sligo. Aside from Dublin and the southwest just like London and Cardiff over here, Ireland is on its back.
Empty half built houses galore, towns with empty shops with boarded up windows, people moving over to the UK for work and further education........Rip of Rebulic the phrase galore.

An Independent Wales on 09:44 - Jul 29 with 749 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 09:33 - Jul 29 by BytholWyn

Of course there are poorer and richer parts of all countries, but you'll find it hard to find a country in Europe with greater disparity between rich and poor regions/nations as the UK. Those are facts. Rather inconvenient for your argument but facts nevertheless.

I would rather base my facts on actual experience, experience on seeing it with my own eyes rather than reading it in a paper or online.

It is like the same people who mock Trump but if you look at the stats in the media the country is doing well on paper but make no bones about it, it is a country split.

Don't believe everything you read, your own eyes are always more truthful than someone else's words.

Login to get fewer ads

An Independent Wales on 09:47 - Jul 29 with 746 viewsmagicdaps10

An Independent Wales on 09:33 - Jul 29 by BytholWyn

Have you been to these places to confirm it as fact or are you just totally believing what you have read?

Answer that to yourself, don't think I have to say anymore than that, think I know your answer..... The same question goes to others who have indicated the same.

Get to these places guys and I think you will have a massive wake up call..... In fact, you will have a massive wake up call.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 9:49]

An Independent Wales on 09:51 - Jul 29 with 742 viewsCCFCTOM

An Independent Wales on 22:17 - Jul 28 by jackharris

Why in world would we want to break away from our true capital of London. There are 70,000 Welsh people living and working in cash rich London. Why would we want to be run by a government centred in Cardiff? A government where drug residue was found within the toilets. A government where a man was driven to commit suicide because of the mis-handling of accusations. North Wales would then want devolution from South Wales. Where does it stop? I would rather my government to be in London and not being an Independent Wales run by the EU. The EU is finished... We can influence the government in London. Wales in the EU would be so tiny and forgotten about. Once Brexit happens, things will go back to normal with the Political parties. Hopefully Corbyn will be gone and Labour will be able to offer a leader who we can get behind.

I’m Welsh but I’m also very British. I lived in London for 10 years and I’m very proud to be Welsh and British. I would like to refer back to the Olympics in 2012, I was extremely proud to be British.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 22:19]

What a stupid fuc**ng comment!! I live in London and have done for almost 3 years now. A government in Cardiff with Wales at the heart of Europe would benefit the country massively! You've got your blinkers on because you've upped at left Wales and you couldn't give a toss about the people still living there. The reason Wales suffers is because of the government in London. They were the ones who cancelled the M4 relief road, they were the ones who cancelled the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project... The only reason why Cardiff does any better than anywhere else in Wales is due to tourism and events that are held in the city! So many of you fail to realise that Wales could stand on it's own two feet but all you can think about is how you want to run by a government that couldn't give a toss about anything that goes on here.
An Independent Wales on 09:52 - Jul 29 with 741 viewsEbo

An Independent Wales on 07:02 - Jul 29 by raynor94

Outstanding post, I'm Welsh but also British and proud of it

Except we can't influence govt in London, we've tried and failed and constantly get ignored. When the inevitable happens we will have no choice but to push for Welsh ref like it or not.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

An Independent Wales on 09:58 - Jul 29 with 737 viewsjohnlangy

An Independent Wales on 23:02 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

Funnily enough we were talking about the London Olympics this morning (well, not that funny really given it’s 7 years ago this weekend).

I was here for the Olympics. A month of welcoming people from all round the world, celebrating together, partying in the park every night with people from Russia, here as part of the Sochi delegation, with people from all over the Caribbean, the French, Germans, Italians, Spanish, Brazilians, Irish, Chinese, everyone.

I can’t believe we have gone from that to small minded petty bigotry in such a short space of time. People like Mark Francois calling Juncker ‘Herr Juncker from the bunker’ when Juncker’s own father was a forced Nazi conscript during the occupation of Luxembourg. (When Francois’ constant boasts about the war are presumably based on his brief experience making sandwiches in the TA). People thinking immigration is a bad thing, just 7 years after screaming Mo Farah’s name in celebration.

Anyway, I’ve lived in London since I was 21. So 30 years. Straight from college which was also in the South East.

In many ways London is my home. And I love London. Wales has next to no influence over parliament in London. It will never have influence until Plaid become a force similar to the SNP. Irrespective of your views on independence, the SNP make a noise. No one from Wales makes a murmur. It’s an annexe of England in political terms. And will be even more so going forward.

The new minister for the Union even forgot to mention Wales ffs. He only mentioned Scotland and N Ireland. Since the brexit vote, Wales has seen a withdrawal of funding for the tidal lagoon, electrified rail to Swansea and the M4 improvements.

Anyone in Wales that believes a permanent union of just Wales and England under what will then be permanent Tory rule outside the EU is good for Wales is deluded. I’m also proud to be British, but the Britain you’re talking about is finished so a new way will be necessary. And inevitable.

VERY well said Lisa.
An Independent Wales on 10:05 - Jul 29 with 722 viewsmagicdaps10

Out of curiosity, it did kill the cat.... No offence Killkenny.

What does everyone think of Northern Ireland, should they join Ireland, stand alone or remain in the UK?

An Independent Wales on 10:51 - Jul 29 with 691 viewsjohnlangy

An Independent Wales on 00:13 - Jul 29 by sherpajacob

I visited Slovenia earlier this year.

A small country , 2 million population, beautiful scenery, renowned for their abundant fresh water supplies.

They seem extremely happy with their status as an independent nation within the EU.

Many said Slovakia was crazy to split from Czechoslovakia, but now Slovakia is doing just as well as the Czech republic.

Westminster rule has left large parts of Wales eligible for objective one funding, No such regions exist in Denmark, another small country, whose only land border is with a European economic powerhouse.

It's many years away, but a successful independent Scotland and United Ireland will bring it much, much closer.

Correct.
An Independent Wales on 10:52 - Jul 29 with 690 viewsJango

An Independent Wales on 23:50 - Jul 28 by longlostjack

I suppose the question is whether the political union of independent nations is perceived to be dominated by one of those nations. The election of old Etonian Boris will certainly have played into the SNP’s hands. Meanwhile Jango and his gang of merry men desperately try to portray the EU as being a German vehicle designed to succeed where Hitler failed.

Yes I often compare the EU to hitlers regime . There’s no desperation here either mate. You’ll find that’s been coming from the losers side for 3 years.
An Independent Wales on 10:59 - Jul 29 with 684 views1983

Deluded

An Independent Wales on 11:03 - Jul 29 with 681 viewsjohnlangy

An Independent Wales on 06:33 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

It's remarkable how much "Welsh Nationalism" is driven by anti-English sentiment rather than pro-Welsh.

I regularly post on Indy threads arguing for Welsh Independence. I never criticize English people, I criticize Westminster governments.

My older sister is married to an Englishman, my younger brother's partner is from Carlisle. I am certainly not anti English.
An Independent Wales on 11:19 - Jul 29 with 669 viewskrunchykarrot

Just a quick question, where do we get the money from.
An Independent Wales on 11:49 - Jul 29 with 652 viewsunion_jack

An Independent Wales on 23:31 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

I am not pro independence for Wales. Or at least, I haven’t been.

But an independent Wales within the EU would be more positive and prosperous than a combination of just England and Wales outside the EU. Ideally we’ll all stay as we are. But if not, the UK is finished anyway.

The bizarre thing to me of people loving GB, being proud to be ‘British’ yet wanting out of the EU is that the UK is exactly the same thing as the EU, just older. A political union of independent nations. The people currently waving Union flags around would have been the ones moaning about how awful it was that we were joining together to form GB a few hundred years ago.

So Wales becomes a state within the Eu but then, and many people predict this could happen, the EU project disintegrates. Where does that leave Wales then?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

An Independent Wales on 11:51 - Jul 29 with 650 viewsSgorioFruit

Great healthy debate, but remember one thing...
It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of WHEN

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

An Independent Wales on 12:11 - Jul 29 with 635 viewsEbo

An Independent Wales on 09:51 - Jul 29 by CCFCTOM

What a stupid fuc**ng comment!! I live in London and have done for almost 3 years now. A government in Cardiff with Wales at the heart of Europe would benefit the country massively! You've got your blinkers on because you've upped at left Wales and you couldn't give a toss about the people still living there. The reason Wales suffers is because of the government in London. They were the ones who cancelled the M4 relief road, they were the ones who cancelled the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project... The only reason why Cardiff does any better than anywhere else in Wales is due to tourism and events that are held in the city! So many of you fail to realise that Wales could stand on it's own two feet but all you can think about is how you want to run by a government that couldn't give a toss about anything that goes on here.

Well said!!

An Independent Wales on 12:14 - Jul 29 with 627 viewsEbo

A lot of people who have done zero or lazy research assume that the Welsh independence that YesCymru are advocating is an Anti-English idea. It's not, it's far from it. The idea of Welsh Independence is one not of exclusion but one of inclusion. Everyone is welcome.

The only people who are not welcome are the ones pulling the strings and robbing us blind in London.

An Independent Wales on 12:17 - Jul 29 with 620 viewsEbo

An Independent Wales on 10:05 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

Out of curiosity, it did kill the cat.... No offence Killkenny.

What does everyone think of Northern Ireland, should they join Ireland, stand alone or remain in the UK?

My mate Stevie lives in Lurgan. The vibe there right now is one of confusion. People living in NI who lived through the troubles do not want their children and grandchildren to endure the same. If it's on offer he feels a lot of people would choose to unite to put the nightmare of the past to bed.

An Independent Wales on 12:24 - Jul 29 with 615 viewsKGriz16

Saturday 7th September - Merthyr Tydfil. That's the date/place of the next AUOB march for independence.
An Independent Wales on 12:44 - Jul 29 with 587 viewsVincent_Vega

I've said previously the path for independence was set in 1997 with the referendum creating the assembly. It may be 10 years, maybe 100 years but it will happen as that's the only logical conclusion. Unless you abolished the lot which I can't see happen now.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024