Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nicknames 12:02 - Aug 8 with 11083 viewsTNT

I'll start with, Dai Corner House.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Nicknames on 22:09 - Aug 9 with 2108 viewsBDS

Always liked Fitz Hall’s nickname one size.
Nicknames on 22:25 - Aug 9 with 2075 viewslonglostjack

Ted Williams the funeral director in Abergavenny is known locally as Ted the Dead. Top bloke.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Nicknames on 23:21 - Aug 9 with 2014 viewsBDS

Met an old fella recently, his mates called him John the Baptist as he had an RE o-level
Nicknames on 06:57 - Aug 10 with 1928 viewsepaul

We had a stoker onboard whose surname was Cutter, everyone called him Cal

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Nicknames on 07:50 - Aug 10 with 1902 viewstheloneranger

Met a girl in Spain with one tooth ... Everybody called her Juanita

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Nicknames on 10:28 - Aug 10 with 1849 viewsswanjackal

Used to work in a facotry where a forklift driver with a thalidomide arm/hand was affectionately known as "Tick tock".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Nicknames on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 1847 viewsswanjackal

Nicknames on 10:20 - Aug 9 by WarwickHunt

My old man told me there was a docker with half an ear missing - he was known as 18 (months).

Knew a girl from Brynteg comp with a gnarled left year we used to call that too, she had no idea why. Also her best mate was someone who became known as Phil Harmon (even though his name was Paul) solely because he used to be in an orchestra. Odd how names come about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Nicknames on 10:57 - Aug 10 with 1829 viewsWarwickHunt

There was an old geography teacher at Bishop Gore nicknamed “Chunky” or, to give him his full title, “Chunky, the man with pineapple balls”.

Fûck knows how that came about though...

Bit of a legend - on one field trip we stopped at a cafe, “Right - cuppa tea, bun and a waz - AND NO FÛCKIN’ NICKING”.
Login to get fewer ads

Nicknames on 11:05 - Aug 10 with 1822 viewsdickythorpe

Warwick, my old man reckons the woodwork teacher was known as "Block", his son then became a teacher (still at Bishop Gore) and became "Chip".
Nicknames on 12:04 - Aug 10 with 1805 viewsWarwickHunt

Nicknames on 11:05 - Aug 10 by dickythorpe

Warwick, my old man reckons the woodwork teacher was known as "Block", his son then became a teacher (still at Bishop Gore) and became "Chip".

JOP in my day (J.O.Phillips).

Nice bloke but an absolute miniature brick shîthouse that no one dreamt of crossing. Had a finger or two missing. Think he played rugby at a decent level.
Nicknames on 12:30 - Aug 10 with 1791 viewsBluebird

Fella who charters a fishing boat out of Port Talbot called Dai the Worm
Nicknames on 18:35 - Aug 10 with 1681 viewsDr_Winston

Once heard of a bloke named Christian Holliday whose nickname was "Easter".

We also had three Daves in work at one point. To tell them apart the one with a Simon Cowellesque waistband was Dai Trousers, the one who favoured leaving the top two buttons of his shirt undone was Dai Medallion, and the one with the beard was Dai Taliban.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nicknames on 18:49 - Aug 10 with 1671 viewsdickythorpe

Nicknames on 12:04 - Aug 10 by WarwickHunt

JOP in my day (J.O.Phillips).

Nice bloke but an absolute miniature brick shîthouse that no one dreamt of crossing. Had a finger or two missing. Think he played rugby at a decent level.

I told you before JOP taught me in Carmarthen. Hailed from Laugharne (they are all tough down there) and played a few games for the All Whites.
Poked people with that finger he didn't have!!! Had no discipline problems at all as a result!!!

Sadly passed away 3 years ago from cancer.
Nicknames on 20:15 - Aug 10 with 1617 viewslonglostjack

Nicknames on 18:49 - Aug 10 by dickythorpe

I told you before JOP taught me in Carmarthen. Hailed from Laugharne (they are all tough down there) and played a few games for the All Whites.
Poked people with that finger he didn't have!!! Had no discipline problems at all as a result!!!

Everybody remembers a teacher.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Nicknames on 20:26 - Aug 10 with 1608 viewsWarwickHunt

I remember now you mention it. A quiet, generous, patient teacher who was as hard as nails but never bullied anyone. Had everyone’s respect and unusually, affection.

Sad to hear he’s passed.
Nicknames on 22:15 - Aug 10 with 1569 viewsItchySphincter

Once knew a girl called Kit Kat - four fingers for 20p, and a bloke called halfpipe, real name Hefin.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Nicknames on 16:51 - Aug 11 with 1426 viewsbanshee_72

As a former pupil at Maridunum it saddened me to hear of Mr phillips’s passing. A hard man who allowed myself and a couple of mates to build skateboard decks in the woodwork room during dinner breaks one year.
Nicknames on 17:32 - Aug 11 with 1397 viewsABERSWAN

Nicknames on 22:09 - Aug 9 by BDS

Always liked Fitz Hall’s nickname one size.

The former Man City player Kiki Musampa, or Chris to his team mates.
Nicknames on 18:48 - Aug 11 with 1367 viewsjack_lord

Dai Corner house, Ystalyfera?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 18:48]

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Nicknames on 01:27 - Aug 12 with 1285 viewsEbo

Had a woodwork teacher at school we called 'The Colonel' as he looked like Gadaffi. His wife was the music teacher who unfortunately had a masectomy. Rumour had it that he made her a wooden tit so all the kids would sing that Beach Boys classic "Wooden tit be nice" when she was around.

We had a temporary PE teacher we called Second Prize. He played rugby for Cross Keys and was bragging about playing against Fiji and it being on TV. Sure enough, he played and got sent off for fighting. He never lived it down at school.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Nicknames on 01:29 - Aug 12 with 1283 viewsEbo

Nicknames on 22:15 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

Once knew a girl called Kit Kat - four fingers for 20p, and a bloke called halfpipe, real name Hefin.

There was a girl at my school we called yellow pages "let your fingers do the walking" :)

Which reminds me there was a rough looking women working in the office back in the days I did shift work. We called her 'readers' as in Readers Wives.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Nicknames on 12:17 - Aug 12 with 1166 views3swan

Nicknames on 18:48 - Aug 11 by jack_lord

As Wayne Red Cow has been mentioned

and

"One was called "Next Week" because when miners went there looking for work, the manager would usually say "come back next week"

My guess is yes
Nicknames on 13:35 - Aug 12 with 1144 viewsswanjackal

No idea if it was bull or not, but used to chat on a forum years back where one guy kept referring to his brother who had a sex change as "AM/FM". When asked why, he would just say "They are my trans-sister". Made me chuckle either way.

Nicknames on 14:25 - Aug 12 with 1120 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Dai Judy Garland.
Because he was always over the rainbow. (Pub)
Nicknames on 14:32 - Aug 12 with 1110 viewsFlashberryjack

Nicknames on 18:48 - Aug 11 by jack_lord

Yep

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024