Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff Rivalry 16:16 - Sep 17 with 21444 viewsGammon

Does anyone else find it a bit tedious? I actually quite like the city of Cardiff. I work there 2 out of 5 days a week and it's a fantastic city now, hate to say it.

Their fans can be s**t heads but so can a minority of ours or any fanbase. I know in football a rivalry is required but if you're over the age of 30 and you still sing the anti-Cardiff songs, you need your head testing.

And why do we actually hate them? Because they're 45 minutes away by car?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:18 - Sep 28 with 1886 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:27 - Sep 27 by TimTtam

You're right, homophobia has no place in society. But in what world is that homophobia?

Absolutely no reference was made to his sexuality. He's not immune to banter or criticism, ffs. He has links to Cardiff City FC and is an attention-seeker. I see no problem in Swans fans giving it to him.

By your logic, if you disagree with my post and create even a hint of banter with me, then it's homophobia and you're a hypocrite...

Gareth's many TV appearances, teats and tantrums have started paying off. Some people on here have bought it hook line and sinker! Twaaaaaaaaaats !

They are convinced he's now the victim.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:26 - Sep 28 with 1875 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:39 - Sep 23 by CCFCTOM

Right so taking the piss out of homeless people? That's quite brave of you... People flock to the capital of every country if homeless because the income is better

You're living in a sh*thole !!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7235893/The-happiest-Uk-cities-live-wor

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:00 - Sep 28 with 1828 viewspencoedjack

The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:26 - Sep 28 by Brynmill_Jack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7235893/The-happiest-Uk-cities-live-wor

Top comeback Bryn
The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:34 - Sep 28 with 1802 viewssainthelens

Enough said.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:44 - Sep 28 with 1794 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:51 - Sep 28 with 1789 viewsSlugster664

I laugh at them referring to themselves as 'the city' 🤣

STID

The Cardiff Rivalry on 13:40 - Sep 28 with 1742 viewsberniehertz432

this
The Cardiff Rivalry on 13:42 - Sep 28 with 1739 viewsberniehertz432

Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:47 - Sep 28 with 1670 viewsTimTtam

At least it wasn't a usual winner, but once again the dogs scored a stoppage time goal, at 90+2...

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:30 - Sep 28 with 1609 views34dfgdf54

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:47 - Sep 28 by TimTtam

At least it wasn't a usual winner, but once again the dogs scored a stoppage time goal, at 90+2...

I’m sure I read somewhere earlier they still haven’t played anyone in top 9. Not that the table means a lot until about 15 games but still not a good start considering they thought they were going to walk it.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:38 - Sep 28 with 1595 viewsTNT

And we're Swansea City
Swansea City FC
We're the greatest team in football
The world has ever seen.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 04:54 - Sep 29 with 1527 viewsTimTtam

The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:30 - Sep 28 by 34dfgdf54

I’m sure I read somewhere earlier they still haven’t played anyone in top 9. Not that the table means a lot until about 15 games but still not a good start considering they thought they were going to walk it.

Yep. They've played 21st, 16th, 20th, 23rd, 11th, 10th, 14th, 18th, & 15th.

I agree they are screwed, but I still hate seeing them steal points they don't deserve. The key for them to get promoted was going to be their start. The year they went up they won their first 5 games, and then limped to promotion. Given how competitive the top half of the table is, hopefully they're cooked.

In terms of their long-term future, they'll sadly be a promotion contender again next season. They get their last parachute payment (30M), and will have a new manager who likely wants to play football. But if they don't get promoted then either, they are in a lot of trouble.

My name is Matt

The Cardiff Rivalry on 07:44 - Sep 29 with 1506 viewsbluey_the_blue

4 points off the playoffs. Yeah, we're screwed.

Better side yesterday, defensive mistakes cost us. Bamba to come back along with a few others Glatzel now starting to score.

Long way to go in the season..
The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:20 - Sep 29 with 1448 viewsTimTtam

The Cardiff Rivalry on 07:44 - Sep 29 by bluey_the_blue

4 points off the playoffs. Yeah, we're screwed.

Better side yesterday, defensive mistakes cost us. Bamba to come back along with a few others Glatzel now starting to score.

Long way to go in the season..

The Championship is extremely competitive this season. I think 8 teams in the top 10 can realistically aim for promotion: West Brom, Swansea, Nottm Forest, Leeds, Preston, Sheff. Wednesday, Bristol, & Fulham.

Tell me how Cardiff are going to have a better season than 6/8 of those teams.

My name is Matt

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:39 - Sep 29 with 1430 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:20 - Sep 29 by TimTtam

The Championship is extremely competitive this season. I think 8 teams in the top 10 can realistically aim for promotion: West Brom, Swansea, Nottm Forest, Leeds, Preston, Sheff. Wednesday, Bristol, & Fulham.

Tell me how Cardiff are going to have a better season than 6/8 of those teams.

Unbeaten in 6 whilst not playing well, with players to come back from injury / illness.

Not going to storm the league but difficult to beat.

Don't think any team apart from a few at the bottom can be written off this early, foolish to do so.

EDIT:

But, since you asked, of the teams you listed, Wurzels always choke. WBA gave us 8m for Zohore, so have to question their purchasing strategy. Leeds prefer Bamford to a goalscorer in Nketiah. Preston are a surprise team for me, Forest do have depth or more accurately a large squad.

Long, long way to go.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 15:41]
The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:54 - Sep 29 with 1411 viewsTimTtam

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:39 - Sep 29 by bluey_the_blue

Unbeaten in 6 whilst not playing well, with players to come back from injury / illness.

Not going to storm the league but difficult to beat.

Don't think any team apart from a few at the bottom can be written off this early, foolish to do so.

EDIT:

But, since you asked, of the teams you listed, Wurzels always choke. WBA gave us 8m for Zohore, so have to question their purchasing strategy. Leeds prefer Bamford to a goalscorer in Nketiah. Preston are a surprise team for me, Forest do have depth or more accurately a large squad.

Long, long way to go.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 15:41]

You need to start getting wins on the board. What it says is that Cardiff will be hard to beat, but easy to draw against. And as I and someone else mentioned, you lot have had a cakewalk start to the season. You will have opportunities to pick up wins, but from here on your schedule will get tougher.

West Brom have tried to buy the PL. That has to be the reason they spent 8M on a dud. Leeds are the strongest team in the league; bottling it is the only way they won't go up. Forest have also tried to buy the PL in recent times, and now their expensive squad is gelling. Your criticisms of the others are fair though.

I expected Cardiff to go up through the playoffs when I made my preseason predictions, but you're playing outdated 'football' which is only setting back the team. You need to go up this season, otherwise you're stuck with a team full of players used to playing hoofball.

My name is Matt

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:00 - Sep 29 with 1404 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:54 - Sep 29 by TimTtam

You need to start getting wins on the board. What it says is that Cardiff will be hard to beat, but easy to draw against. And as I and someone else mentioned, you lot have had a cakewalk start to the season. You will have opportunities to pick up wins, but from here on your schedule will get tougher.

West Brom have tried to buy the PL. That has to be the reason they spent 8M on a dud. Leeds are the strongest team in the league; bottling it is the only way they won't go up. Forest have also tried to buy the PL in recent times, and now their expensive squad is gelling. Your criticisms of the others are fair though.

I expected Cardiff to go up through the playoffs when I made my preseason predictions, but you're playing outdated 'football' which is only setting back the team. You need to go up this season, otherwise you're stuck with a team full of players used to playing hoofball.

We'll send Colin into retirement on Oct 28th.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:09 - Sep 29 with 1388 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:54 - Sep 29 by TimTtam

We've not played well, I give you that - some bedding in has been needed; Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa all gone from last years midfield after all, Bamba injured. Glatzel been getting up to speed with the Championship.

As I said, a long season. Less hoofball than people claim, but if people want to use that lazy tag so be it.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:18 - Sep 29 with 1383 viewsTimTtam

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:09 - Sep 29 by bluey_the_blue

We've not played well, I give you that - some bedding in has been needed; Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa all gone from last years midfield after all, Bamba injured. Glatzel been getting up to speed with the Championship.

As I said, a long season. Less hoofball than people claim, but if people want to use that lazy tag so be it.

Once Ethridge comes back, you'll be able to revert back to your 'grab the ball, walk slowly for a few seconds, bounce the ball twice, and then bomb it as long upfield as possible' game style.

Ok, I am being over the top above, but that's what you used to do in the PL. Maybe you've changed. I don't know. At least Gunnarsson can't wipe the ball for 10 seconds at every throw in anymore

In all seriousness, Ethridge and Bamba are quality players who will make a big difference. If some of the teams in the top 6 start slipping up, I will start to get worried.

My name is Matt

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:05 - Sep 29 with 1365 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:18 - Sep 29 by TimTtam

Once Ethridge comes back, you'll be able to revert back to your 'grab the ball, walk slowly for a few seconds, bounce the ball twice, and then bomb it as long upfield as possible' game style.

Ok, I am being over the top above, but that's what you used to do in the PL. Maybe you've changed. I don't know. At least Gunnarsson can't wipe the ball for 10 seconds at every throw in anymore

In all seriousness, Ethridge and Bamba are quality players who will make a big difference. If some of the teams in the top 6 start slipping up, I will start to get worried.

Etheridge can't kick the ball for sh1t tbh. Smithies distribution is better.

Bamba is prone at times to try to run the ball out a la Beckenbauer... drives me crazy that.

The problem we have is the midfield composition. Pack likes to protect back four, pass ball around allowing Ralls and Bacuna to get forward - our fans railed about the signing of Bacuna but he's been impressive in recent games. Best Caracao international we've ever had. Paterson is the curious one - if he plays, one of those drops out and the style becomes more long ball - Paterson good in air, has knack of scoring but he's not good enough to make a single position his own. Glatzel is starting to score, Ward handy off the bench but it's still a work in progress imo.

I think it's inevitable teams at the top will start to slip, always one who start really well then fall away - usually Wurzels. Leeds, I dunno, I sense under Bielsa they get tired as season goes on, but then again not being able to spy anymore and going with Bamford over Nketiah shows maybe Bielsa isn't all that.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:58 - Sep 30 with 1254 viewsSTID2017

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:05 - Sep 29 by bluey_the_blue

Etheridge can't kick the ball for sh1t tbh. Smithies distribution is better.

Bamba is prone at times to try to run the ball out a la Beckenbauer... drives me crazy that.

The problem we have is the midfield composition. Pack likes to protect back four, pass ball around allowing Ralls and Bacuna to get forward - our fans railed about the signing of Bacuna but he's been impressive in recent games. Best Caracao international we've ever had. Paterson is the curious one - if he plays, one of those drops out and the style becomes more long ball - Paterson good in air, has knack of scoring but he's not good enough to make a single position his own. Glatzel is starting to score, Ward handy off the bench but it's still a work in progress imo.

I think it's inevitable teams at the top will start to slip, always one who start really well then fall away - usually Wurzels. Leeds, I dunno, I sense under Bielsa they get tired as season goes on, but then again not being able to spy anymore and going with Bamford over Nketiah shows maybe Bielsa isn't all that.

Agree Leeds ans Bielsa overated.
They are an average team that believe all the media hype

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:17 - Sep 30 with 1177 viewsTimTtam

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:58 - Sep 30 by STID2017

Agree Leeds ans Bielsa overated.
They are an average team that believe all the media hype

I think at the moment Leeds are the best team in the league, but given Beilsa's extreme press style, players will tire and/or get injured like last season. They'd want to be in or near the top 2 by Christmas, otherwise they're in trouble.

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024