Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff Rivalry 16:16 - Sep 17 with 21441 viewsGammon

Does anyone else find it a bit tedious? I actually quite like the city of Cardiff. I work there 2 out of 5 days a week and it's a fantastic city now, hate to say it.

Their fans can be s**t heads but so can a minority of ours or any fanbase. I know in football a rivalry is required but if you're over the age of 30 and you still sing the anti-Cardiff songs, you need your head testing.

And why do we actually hate them? Because they're 45 minutes away by car?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:43 - Sep 18 with 1628 viewsSpokenword

Evening Post letters page has this quote from Sam Hamamm when he was in charge of Cardiff 11 years ago...

''Some people tell me that Swansea is the enemy, Swansea for Pete's sake!

"There is nothing wrong with Swansea but is that the extent of our ambition?

"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they will say so, if Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff City is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell's chance of making it.''

…..

That alone would justify why I dislike them so much, add to that the arrogance of their support, their accents, Jason Mohammed.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:45 - Sep 18 with 1624 viewsBlue_Blood

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:33 - Sep 18 by sainthelens

Should the paths of you and I ever cross, I'll be getting a grip.....son.

You're probably 50+ and you act like you're 18! It's not clever mate, it's pathetic.

We all like a bit of rivalry but saying things like every Cardiff fan makes you sick to your stomach is evidence that you've got serious issues.

I'd go get some counselling or get a girlfriend or something
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:49 - Sep 18 with 1606 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:45 - Sep 18 by Blue_Blood

You're probably 50+ and you act like you're 18! It's not clever mate, it's pathetic.

We all like a bit of rivalry but saying things like every Cardiff fan makes you sick to your stomach is evidence that you've got serious issues.

I'd go get some counselling or get a girlfriend or something

And there we have it.
Typical vermin.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:58 - Sep 18 with 1589 viewsBlue_Blood

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:28 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Blue Blood.
Same applies ,son to you and your overinflated sense of worth.

It's why Wales should and will not become independent because cardiff will be getting all the money from government to the detriment of other regions.

What piddles me off is a Swansea fan questioning this rivalry. Only a Swansea man can understand the justifiable contempt towards the east .It doesn't require explaining ;it just is.

It is not a new thing as there was much hatred in the All Whites /Cardiff games ,almost as bad as the Turks fixture.

And some want us to be independent?

I'm not from Cardiff mate.

There are some decent football posts on here and I genuinely love the sport.

I'm interested in seeing young Welsh footballers develop and I think your club is currently a good place for that to happen with your philosophy and management team.

The 80s, 90s and even early 2000s were a different time and the rivalry as it was then is pretty much gone.

Nobody I know is interested in doing 5 years for throwing one or two punches anymore!

I don't say I hate everyone from London cos London gets everything. It's the rational of children.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:01 - Sep 18 with 1582 viewsBlue_Blood

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:49 - Sep 18 by sainthelens

And there we have it.
Typical vermin.

Aye, I really let my mask slip there!
The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 1581 viewsWarwickHunt

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:58 - Sep 18 by Blue_Blood

I'm interested in seeing young Welsh footballers develop and I think your club is currently a good place for that to happen with your philosophy and management team.

The 80s, 90s and even early 2000s were a different time and the rivalry as it was then is pretty much gone.

Nobody I know is interested in doing 5 years for throwing one or two punches anymore!

I don't say I hate everyone from London cos London gets everything. It's the rational of children.

*rationale*

See me after school.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 1581 viewssainthelens

We are so lucky to have you. My day is now enriched.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:09 - Sep 18 with 1570 viewsThornburyswan

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:56 - Sep 17 by Oldjack

Life member of the knitting crew in it who sits in slince in the west and are first to moan about the Atmos

Remember that leaugue cup game, Gomez scored the winner and the whole of the East bank were chanting ,we fuking hate Cardiff city ,now that was Atmos on a mega scale
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 19:38]

Nope just rather direct my support to our team rather than the opposition - also never understand the fans who spend most of their time watching the opposition fans rather than the activity on the pitch but suspect you are not going to accept either point of view.
Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:12 - Sep 18 with 1566 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Cardiff Rivalry on 06:06 - Sep 18 by jackal

For me, the standout issue was Sam Hammam's comments. That Swansea should be a feeder club for Cardiff.

The fvcking arrogance!

Didn't he say something like it's a nice little ground one day our ladies team might play there, the cheeky dyed eyebrowed fecker!
The Cardiff Rivalry on 11:00 - Sep 18 with 1526 viewsTimTtam

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:43 - Sep 18 by Spokenword

Evening Post letters page has this quote from Sam Hamamm when he was in charge of Cardiff 11 years ago...

''Some people tell me that Swansea is the enemy, Swansea for Pete's sake!

"There is nothing wrong with Swansea but is that the extent of our ambition?

"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they will say so, if Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff City is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell's chance of making it.''

…..

That alone would justify why I dislike them so much, add to that the arrogance of their support, their accents, Jason Mohammed.

Unreal.

God I hope we smash them 4-0.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 11:54 - Sep 18 with 1495 viewsVincent_Vega

Of course not, you support Cardiff City.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:19 - Sep 18 with 1480 viewsJinxy

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:50 - Sep 17 by Joe_bradshaw

I don't like the derby games because the thought of losing is too painful.

They're great when we're 3 up with 5 minutes left but I'd normally take a draw before kick off every time.

God I could have written exactly that. The pain of losing is probably 5 x the joy of winning for me!

I think banter is fine, and local rivalry is natural and adds to the spice. It's part of what makes for a better match day atmosphere versus rugby. However, I think anyone who wants more than banter, on both sides, ought to do a "life on Mars" and gently slip back in the 70's. We probably all have friends who are Cardiff fans - as has been said there are idiots on both sides.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:19 - Sep 18 with 1476 viewsperchrockjack

To be refered to a mate by a cardiff fan is just about as bad as it gets

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:39 - Sep 18 with 1465 viewsJinxy

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:19 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

To be refered to a mate by a cardiff fan is just about as bad as it gets

I presume that's tongue in cheek, otherwise that's quite sad. Like Swans (and other clubs for that matter) fans, I imagine 90%+ are very nice people. Love the banter with them though.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:43 - Sep 18 with 1446 viewsperchrockjack

Never presume .

It actually wasn't but I'm comfortable with it but you seem a sweet boy.So thanks.

I feel sad every time I see one city becoming evermore high profile and prosperous at the expense of others ,like Swansea.

Cardiff a world city? Just fook off innit.

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:45 - Sep 18 with 1449 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Rivalry on 10:12 - Sep 18 by AlfieMooresSon

Didn't he say something like it's a nice little ground one day our ladies team might play there, the cheeky dyed eyebrowed fecker!

No that was about Reading I think. Delusional and bullshit get nowhere near the reality of what they swallowed from that little turd. It helped fuel the ridiculous over inflated sense of importance and entitlement that many of their supporters still embody.

Not all though. To hate them all is ridiculous. I know some very fine people that are cursed to support that bucket of shit, and I am proud to call them friends.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:48 - Sep 18 with 1441 viewsperchrockjack

Chaqu 'un though ,Monny.

I wouldnt have one step into my Allotment.

As a club,they are delusional dickheads and you buy into that as you enter the stadium .

They have abject contempt for Swansea and have done all my lifetime.

The Cardiff Rivalry on 13:00 - Sep 18 with 1434 viewsDarran

In regards to football this is a stupid fuçking thread.

Cardiff is a fine city though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Cardiff Rivalry on 13:14 - Sep 18 with 1417 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:39 - Sep 18 by Jinxy

I presume that's tongue in cheek, otherwise that's quite sad. Like Swans (and other clubs for that matter) fans, I imagine 90%+ are very nice people. Love the banter with them though.

Have you worked with them or spent any time with them?

I would say 50% are decent 50% dickheads, but they probably say the same about us!
The Cardiff Rivalry on 13:16 - Sep 18 with 1413 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:45 - Sep 18 by monmouth

No that was about Reading I think. Delusional and bullshit get nowhere near the reality of what they swallowed from that little turd. It helped fuel the ridiculous over inflated sense of importance and entitlement that many of their supporters still embody.

Not all though. To hate them all is ridiculous. I know some very fine people that are cursed to support that bucket of shit, and I am proud to call them friends.

He was a loony but did a great job of almost taking them out of business, with Ridsdale!
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:50 - Sep 18 with 1334 viewsJBT95

The Cardiff Rivalry on 20:36 - Sep 17 by plasjack

Without coal in the 19 and 20 century, it would be less of a town than any other port in Wales, in fact Bristol is far bigger and more pleasant.

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle is what comes to mind.

Surely the same could be said of Swansea without copper?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:59 - Sep 18 with 1323 viewsJBT95

It's also the fact Cardiff are hated by almost every other club in the country too.

As in, the fans don't look forward to playing Cardiff, as it usually ends in trouble such as Stoke, Chelsea, Millwall, Wolves and Leeds etc, whereas we might have had a tiff last year at Bristol City but other than that, nobody 'worries' Swansea are coming to town.

They bang on about 1927 as well, when there's 99% chance nobody is alive now who was there.

It's funny as that they lost the Championship play-off final and League Cup final, and in the year after each we won both respective games.

In recent times they've had poor excuses of men play for them too, the likes of Chopra.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 17:04]
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:31 - Sep 18 with 1287 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:49 - Sep 18 by sainthelens

And there we have it.
Typical vermin.

For pointing out the bleeding obvious?

For all the bs, it's all based upon geographical location of birth...
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:32 - Sep 18 with 1284 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:59 - Sep 18 by JBT95

It's also the fact Cardiff are hated by almost every other club in the country too.

As in, the fans don't look forward to playing Cardiff, as it usually ends in trouble such as Stoke, Chelsea, Millwall, Wolves and Leeds etc, whereas we might have had a tiff last year at Bristol City but other than that, nobody 'worries' Swansea are coming to town.

They bang on about 1927 as well, when there's 99% chance nobody is alive now who was there.

It's funny as that they lost the Championship play-off final and League Cup final, and in the year after each we won both respective games.

In recent times they've had poor excuses of men play for them too, the likes of Chopra.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 17:04]

There's been very little trouble at CCS certainly - odd exceptions but nothing major. Millwall? Not really been much of anything for years now.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:53 - Sep 18 with 1264 viewspencoedjack

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:32 - Sep 18 by bluey_the_blue

There's been very little trouble at CCS certainly - odd exceptions but nothing major. Millwall? Not really been much of anything for years now.

Keep believing your own BS about your fans behaviour home or away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024