Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff Rivalry 16:16 - Sep 17 with 21437 viewsGammon

Does anyone else find it a bit tedious? I actually quite like the city of Cardiff. I work there 2 out of 5 days a week and it's a fantastic city now, hate to say it.

Their fans can be s**t heads but so can a minority of ours or any fanbase. I know in football a rivalry is required but if you're over the age of 30 and you still sing the anti-Cardiff songs, you need your head testing.

And why do we actually hate them? Because they're 45 minutes away by car?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:05 - Sep 18 with 2305 viewsTNT

Those that haven't, need to come back on here when they've met a proper one.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:07 - Sep 18 with 2304 viewsJinxy

The Cardiff Rivalry on 13:14 - Sep 18 by AlfieMooresSon

Have you worked with them or spent any time with them?

I would say 50% are decent 50% dickheads, but they probably say the same about us!

Indeed I have, and none of "them" have webbed fingers, dipped from bins etc., and we don't all live in caravans and so on. I once lived in a street full of Cardiff fans, and when we got promoted to the PL they were civil, gracious and did not touch/torch my black and white flag which proudly stood in the front garden for a week!

I think the banter is funny - long may it prevail - as long as it's good humoured and all taken with a (rather large) pinch of salt.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:07 - Sep 18 with 2304 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:53 - Sep 18 by pencoedjack

Keep believing your own BS about your fans behaviour home or away.

There's been little at CCS. Still, you know more than the police I guess.

Don't deny there are some idiots, especially at away games but it's hardly the hordes you want to claim.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:21 - Sep 18 with 2283 viewsplasjack

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:32 - Sep 18 by bluey_the_blue

There's been very little trouble at CCS certainly - odd exceptions but nothing major. Millwall? Not really been much of anything for years now.

Your last sentence sums up the quality of football.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 21:16 - Sep 18 with 2144 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff Rivalry on 06:06 - Sep 18 by jackal

For me, the standout issue was Sam Hammam's comments. That Swansea should be a feeder club for Cardiff.

The fvcking arrogance!

I’m surprised they didn’t snap up James and McBurnie. Surely a massive club could afford 35 million???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Cardiff Rivalry on 21:24 - Sep 18 with 2144 viewsDr_Winston

The Cardiff Rivalry on 12:45 - Sep 18 by monmouth

No that was about Reading I think. Delusional and bullshit get nowhere near the reality of what they swallowed from that little turd. It helped fuel the ridiculous over inflated sense of importance and entitlement that many of their supporters still embody.

Not all though. To hate them all is ridiculous. I know some very fine people that are cursed to support that bucket of shit, and I am proud to call them friends.

He knew his audience and played to them perfectly. The more he told them they were special and actually a massive club in waiting the more the f*ckwits lapped it up.

Been a bit more reality about them lately, but they're still possessed of a sense of entitlement out of all proportion to their actual standing both as a club and a city.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Cardiff Rivalry on 21:46 - Sep 18 with 2118 viewsBlue_Blood

The Cardiff Rivalry on 21:24 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

He knew his audience and played to them perfectly. The more he told them they were special and actually a massive club in waiting the more the f*ckwits lapped it up.

Been a bit more reality about them lately, but they're still possessed of a sense of entitlement out of all proportion to their actual standing both as a club and a city.

"From Jack to a King"
The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:04 - Sep 18 with 2087 viewsTNT

The Cardiff Rivalry on 01:11 - Sep 18 by Bazswan

Isn’t it obvious to all that Gammon is one of those rival fans pretending to be a fan of the other? Apologies if this has already been noted, but a bit baffled by people genuinely responding.

Gammon’s 5 topics created thus far:-

- Cardiff is a great place
- Swansea High Street is bad and disagrees with Wales Online article saying it’s good
- Our fans not wanting PL football - which was immediately posted on AAMB as reason to mock our fan base.
- Brighton looking excellent under Potter
- Everyone is old on the Swansea forum

'Isn’t it obvious to all that Gammon is one of those rival fans pretending to be a fan of the other?'

Is byron sausages, now Gammon?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:09 - Sep 18 with 2082 viewsowainglyndwr

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:45 - Sep 18 by Blue_Blood

You're probably 50+ and you act like you're 18! It's not clever mate, it's pathetic.

We all like a bit of rivalry but saying things like every Cardiff fan makes you sick to your stomach is evidence that you've got serious issues.

I'd go get some counselling or get a girlfriend or something

Cardiff has ruined wales through greed
It has made sure that what anyone else have Caelrdiff should have.
You do now hear Welsh accents in Cardiff but that is because of people relocation .
Some are fine but they are by far more anti Jack than some Cardiff lovers on here.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:27 - Sep 18 with 2064 views1462jack

F@ck the club f@ck the city and most of all f@ck Cardiff fans , the most self important arrogant b@stards in the league ,I really do hate every thing about CARDIFF , and there is more to it than just football !
The plough in morriston had it sussed you say the C word (caaaadiff) and they fined you 50p and have it to charity
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 22:29]
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:20 - Sep 19 with 1887 viewsberniehertz432

op obviously hasn't seen this
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:29 - Sep 19 with 1879 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:09 - Sep 18 by owainglyndwr

Cardiff has ruined wales through greed
It has made sure that what anyone else have Caelrdiff should have.
You do now hear Welsh accents in Cardiff but that is because of people relocation .
Some are fine but they are by far more anti Jack than some Cardiff lovers on here.

Yeah, Cardiff ruined Wales absolutely.

I mean, we voted against the Welsh assembly knowing full well members in there couldn't run a corner shop but what would we know, eh?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:54 - Sep 19 with 1836 viewsperchrockjack

Bluey.You are and have been gorging on the decaying corpse of Swansea over a long time.

In my lifetime,Swansea was a far better/nicer/friend;ier place than Cardiff;Jeez ,we had shops /stores with some style

Cardiff is great at aggrandisement and self promoting .

It fecs the rest of Wales off.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Cardiff Rivalry on 19:01 - Sep 19 with 1838 viewsswanforthemoney

Some of what's said can be a bit tedious, but it makes for an electric atmosphere on match days..
I just bought a ticket for my son quite near where I stand and when I told him, the hairs on my arms stood up.
Cant wait.

I stand in the North Stand

The Cardiff Rivalry on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 1813 viewsplasjack

its always about potential with them, good thing it will never happen, history proves otherwise.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 01:03 - Sep 20 with 1726 viewsNotLoyal

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:07 - Sep 18 by bluey_the_blue

There's been little at CCS. Still, you know more than the police I guess.

Don't deny there are some idiots, especially at away games but it's hardly the hordes you want to claim.

I agree, any mention of hordes of Cardiff hooligans has always made me smile.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 1592 viewsNortbankboy

Good song for the game

He's one of your own
He's one of your own
Gareth Thomas
He's one of your own
The Cardiff Rivalry on 19:02 - Sep 20 with 1577 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:32 - Sep 20 by Nortbankboy

Good song for the game

He's one of your own
He's one of your own
Gareth Thomas
He's one of your own

Incoming.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 14:27 - Sep 23 with 1400 viewsLord_Bony

with ref to the OP.

Its difficult for some of us who live in Cardiff. They all know I m a Swans supporter in my local etc but its just friendly banter except for one or two hardcore idiots.

Most of my local mates are all scum supporters and its really hard,but I refuse to go over to the dark side despite invitations to the stadium.

In my younger days there was bad blood and rivalry but when you get older you just accept it for what it is ...its just football.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Cardiff Rivalry on 14:57 - Sep 23 with 1381 viewsSwanDownUnder

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:53 - Sep 17 by Fireboy2

Well we all know the saying.

You cant educate pork

where do live?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:00 - Sep 23 with 1379 viewsSwanDownUnder

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:20 - Sep 17 by sainthelens

Ok I'll bite.
Gammon, you are a complete and utter tw@t. I pity the people sitting next to you at a game....if you indeed ever go.

you,re a 55 year old still angry about another footbaall club.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:18 - Sep 23 with 1362 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:00 - Sep 23 by SwanDownUnder

53 actually , and yes, I don't like them very much. Apologies if that's confusing to you.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:37 - Sep 23 with 1331 viewsSwanjaxs

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:00 - Sep 23 by SwanDownUnder

And you are 5 by the looks of your grammar

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:43 - Sep 23 with 1309 viewsCCFCTOM

Ahhh, time for the daily thread about 'Cardiff' It is funny that we still live rent free in the (majority) of your heads.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 15:45 - Sep 23 with 1302 viewsSwanDownUnder

Grammar?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024