Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilmot - CDM 15:31 - Oct 24 with 2210 views34dfgdf54

Seen a lot saying we should put him in there, when we signed him I was sure that's where he was going to play but it hasn't happened.

On the little I have seen of him though, surely he hasn't got the legs to play there? That's where we are lacking big time in the middle is the ability to get up and down like Pratley did for us in the promotion season for example. We don't really play genuine defensive midfield players.
Wilmot - CDM on 15:49 - Oct 24 with 2167 viewsmagicdaps10

Doesn't need the legs to play there, just sit there as a holder.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Wilmot - CDM on 18:42 - Oct 24 with 2068 viewsNortbankboy

Wilmot - CDM on 15:49 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Can't take a chance,he's not match fit.
Cooper can't experiment in this game.
He should have sorted this out ages ago
Wilmot - CDM on 20:26 - Oct 24 with 1977 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He’ll certainly stem the tsunami that seems to rip through our midfield at Will these days. Play Grimes in front of him with Celina further forward and routs on the left wing. Surprise inclusion - Declan John at LB. He’s got a point to prove against these. Naughton at RB and praying Rodon is fit.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilmot - CDM on 21:47 - Oct 24 with 1926 viewsLeonWasGod

Anyone know why we signed him? Why waste a wage with another team’s player if he isn’t getting picked?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 21:50]
Wilmot - CDM on 21:54 - Oct 24 with 1911 viewsCooperman

Wilmot - CDM on 21:47 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

Anyone know why we signed him? Why waste a wage with another team’s player if he isn’t getting picked?

Erm, because we can only pick eleven but we need a squad of at least twenty.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wilmot - CDM on 06:56 - Oct 25 with 1814 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wilmot - CDM on 21:54 - Oct 24 by Cooperman

Erm, because we can only pick eleven but we need a squad of at least twenty.

He has a point though. Rodon could certainly have benefited not playing on Tuesday if he was carrying an injury? He's played every game bar a couple of league cup games and played through both international breaks. If Copper has such little faith in Wilmot why the f*ck sign him?

Wilmot - CDM on 08:08 - Oct 25 with 1787 viewsSTID2017

Wilmot - CDM on 18:42 - Oct 24 by Nortbankboy

Can't take a chance,he's not match fit.
Cooper can't experiment in this game.
He should have sorted this out ages ago

"Can't experiment in this game ?"
For crying out loud, it's just another game.
I know for some meatheads it will define their season but for most of us supporters we need to get it right over a season, not just two games against the hoofballers

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wilmot - CDM on 10:09 - Oct 25 with 1706 viewsChief

Wilmot - CDM on 08:08 - Oct 25 by STID2017

"Can't experiment in this game ?"
For crying out loud, it's just another game.
I know for some meatheads it will define their season but for most of us supporters we need to get it right over a season, not just two games against the hoofballers

"some meatheads"

More like the vast majority of our support in a season where realistically we aren't going up or down.

Don't try and make out that you aren't the anomalous weird one.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Wilmot - CDM on 10:33 - Oct 25 with 1684 viewsLeonWasGod

Wilmot - CDM on 06:56 - Oct 25 by Brynmill_Jack

He has a point though. Rodon could certainly have benefited not playing on Tuesday if he was carrying an injury? He's played every game bar a couple of league cup games and played through both international breaks. If Copper has such little faith in Wilmot why the f*ck sign him?

Quite. There's no point having a backup player you never use as backup. Especially if you're just going to piss off the parent club by not using him. And if he's not good enough to make the team in the first instance, why loan him? If I was using the loan system, I'd want to use it to strengthen. Maybe we couldn't find anyone better though, who knows 🤷‍♂️

I was just wondering why we have him. Is there a particular link with Cooper or Birch? All I know is that he's highly regarded at Watford. But if he's highly regarded there it seems strange that he can't get a game here.
Wilmot - CDM on 10:40 - Oct 25 with 1672 viewsBadlands

Wilmot - CDM on 21:47 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

One of Cooper's requests - known to him and his team through England youth - before he knew what quality we had,

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wilmot - CDM on 11:05 - Oct 25 with 1654 views34dfgdf54

Wilmot - CDM on 15:49 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Cooper will never play a player in that position though. He plays two deep lying midfield players but never an out and out defensive player, unless my memory is that bad.

We need legs.
Wilmot - CDM on 14:54 - Oct 25 with 1551 viewsBadlands

Wilmot - CDM on 11:05 - Oct 25 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper will never play a player in that position though. He plays two deep lying midfield players but never an out and out defensive player, unless my memory is that bad.

We need legs.

'He plays two deep lying midfield players..'
Who are they, then?

Wilmot - CDM on 18:37 - Oct 25 with 1493 viewsvetchonian

Wilmot - CDM on 14:54 - Oct 25 by Badlands

Who are they, then?

VDH and Rodon

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Wilmot - CDM on 19:18 - Oct 25 with 1471 viewsSTID2017

Wilmot - CDM on 10:09 - Oct 25 by Chief

"some meatheads"

More like the vast majority of our support in a season where realistically we aren't going up or down.

Don't try and make out that you aren't the anomalous weird one.

"Anomalous"

Well done Chief - that's your quota filled today for one-a-day new word is it ?

So if we have a season where we are middling then most are happy as long as we beat Cardiff at least once.

Easier pleased our fans than I thought.
A win on Sunday and Tuesday's performance will be forgotten ?
That's all right then.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wilmot - CDM on 19:40 - Oct 25 with 1466 viewsPentyrchJack

If he's going to convince Cooper to play him there he will need to perfect his passing backwards and passing sideways skills.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Wilmot - CDM on 21:13 - Oct 25 with 1435 views34dfgdf54

Wilmot - CDM on 14:54 - Oct 25 by Badlands

Who are they, then?

They are there, just just aren’t very good.
Wilmot - CDM on 07:08 - Oct 29 with 1281 viewsBrynmill_Jack

With him having to play week in week out with Joes injury at least when Rodon is fit again we could experiment with Wilmot at CDM. Got to be worth a try, we’d stop teams through the middle like of late.

Wilmot - CDM on 10:42 - Oct 29 with 1127 viewsswanforthemoney

Wilmot - CDM on 07:08 - Oct 29 by Brynmill_Jack

With him having to play week in week out with Joes injury at least when Rodon is fit again we could experiment with Wilmot at CDM. Got to be worth a try, we’d stop teams through the middle like of late.

Joe hasn't looked properly fit for months. He seems to have played through injuries for a long time.

I stand in the North Stand

Wilmot - CDM on 11:40 - Oct 29 with 1078 viewsBadlands

Wilmot was brought in as a central defender because MVDH looked as if he'd be going and Coper knew nothing about Rodon and Cabango hadn't had a chance to prove himself.
Cooper and his team used their contacts to bring him in.
That Rodon has kept him out suggests the local lad is hugely more impressive in training.

Wilmot - CDM on 13:14 - Oct 29 with 984 views34dfgdf54

Wilmot - CDM on 11:40 - Oct 29 by Badlands

Wilmot was brought in as a central defender because MVDH looked as if he'd be going and Coper knew nothing about Rodon and Cabango hadn't had a chance to prove himself.
Cooper and his team used their contacts to bring him in.
That Rodon has kept him out suggests the local lad is hugely more impressive in training.

He was brought in because we have two senior centre halves at the club. It's a 46 game season and you can't rely on the same players every week.

On Sunday's showing, Rodon, like Wilmot has had to do before him, will need to stay patient to get back in the side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024