Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking news from Gower 20:08 - Nov 3 with 3046 viewsdickythorpe

A tart who is running as a Tory has said she'd like to see people on benefits put down.

You heard it hear first.
Shocking news from Gower on 20:10 - Nov 3 with 2236 viewsDarran

👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shocking news from Gower on 20:12 - Nov 3 with 2224 viewsSwanjaxs

*The Gower*

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Shocking news from Gower on 20:24 - Nov 3 with 2192 viewsjojaca

This has ruined my Sunday night, might phone in sick tomorrow.

Even when you know, you never know?

Shocking news from Gower on 22:01 - Nov 3 with 2126 viewsHCMC

She said no such thing.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 22:10]
Shocking news from Gower on 01:26 - Nov 4 with 1964 viewsEbo

Shocking news from Gower on 22:01 - Nov 3 by HCMC

She said no such thing.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 22:10]

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/03/tory-candidate-francesca-obrien

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Shocking news from Gower on 04:59 - Nov 4 with 1906 viewsGroo

Shocking news from Gower on 01:26 - Nov 4 by Ebo

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/03/tory-candidate-francesca-obrien

Thanks, that link shows the initial post was indeed incorrect.

Groo does what Groo does best

Shocking news from Gower on 08:05 - Nov 4 with 1791 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Well done for finding some obscure quote from many years ago.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Shocking news from Gower on 08:35 - Nov 4 with 1745 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Shocking news from Gower on 08:05 - Nov 4 by felixstowe_jack

Ah that’s ok then

She said it a few years ago

Nothing to see here move along

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Shocking news from Gower on 08:42 - Nov 4 with 1740 viewstheloneranger

She was a poor misguided individual, who was only 27/28 years of age when she wrote it.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Shocking news from Gower on 09:16 - Nov 4 with 1677 viewsLeonWasGod

Only 5 years ago; hardly a different era with different social norms.

It's an interesting insight into the mindset of this 'person', for sure. Now Davies has got his peerage and is leaving the scene, I hope the Tories will fade back to where they've been historically in Gower. This'll help.
Shocking news from Gower on 09:41 - Nov 4 with 1638 viewsfelixstowe_jack

In the interest of fairness and balance I hope you are going to post her apology.

I thought the whole idea of benefits street was to provoke reaction from hard working tax payers who have to support these idle feckless scroungers who live there.

How about posting some of macdonnel quotes on the IRA and his wish to destroy capitalism despite him getting £75000 plus expenses and his local government pension of £15000 all earned as a result of capitalism.

Shocking news from Gower on 09:46 - Nov 4 with 1626 viewsHumpty

Shocking news from Gower on 09:41 - Nov 4 by felixstowe_jack

In the interest of fairness and balance I hope you are going to post her apology.

I thought the whole idea of benefits street was to provoke reaction from hard working tax payers who have to support these idle feckless scroungers who live there.

How about posting some of macdonnel quotes on the IRA and his wish to destroy capitalism despite him getting £75000 plus expenses and his local government pension of £15000 all earned as a result of capitalism.

Why?

The thread is about Francesca O’Brien. Someone who finds the idea of tw*tting tramps amusing. And she wants to be a Conservative MP.
Shocking news from Gower on 09:50 - Nov 4 with 1609 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50283520

She's sorry because she got caught
Shocking news from Gower on 10:02 - Nov 4 with 1574 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Corbyn and McDonnell have been caught out many times supporting terrorism but they never have the grace to apologise.

Shocking news from Gower on 10:14 - Nov 4 with 1558 viewsHumpty

Shocking news from Gower on 10:02 - Nov 4 by felixstowe_jack

Corbyn and McDonnell have been caught out many times supporting terrorism but they never have the grace to apologise.

Yes but what has that got to do with the subject being discussed?

Other than desperate whataboutery, obviously.
Shocking news from Gower on 10:25 - Nov 4 with 1539 viewstheloneranger

I notice you don't mention her quote of tw@tting a tramp!! What's that got to do with people on benefits??

Shocking news from Gower on 10:28 - Nov 4 with 1532 viewsDarran

Shocking news from Gower on 10:25 - Nov 4 by theloneranger

I notice you don't mention her quote of tw@tting a tramp!! What's that got to do with people on benefits??

That wasn’t her quote my friend.
Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shocking news from Gower on 10:30 - Nov 4 with 1532 viewstheloneranger

Shocking news from Gower on 10:28 - Nov 4 by Darran

That wasn’t her quote my friend.
Just saying.

Yeah ok, but she liked the idea.

Shocking news from Gower on 10:53 - Nov 4 with 1501 viewsJack_Meoff

No, it was to persuade the hard of thinking that the Tories kicking away the safety net in this country was and is a good idea.

Clearly worked, didn't it?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Shocking news from Gower on 12:39 - Nov 4 with 1410 viewslondonlisa2001

It is simply astonishing that there are apologists for this candidate on this thread.

Her comments are abhorrent, at least certain of her friends are abhorrent and almost more than anything else, she is obviously completely stupid. Imagine standing as a candidate and not having these sorts of comments on Facebook wiped beforehand. The Gower Conservatives are seemingly also utter idiots for not vetting candidates in an open process.

What on earth made them select her anyway? I would bet everything that she is a candidate who will have no views other than the ‘official party views’.
May as well put a dummy up for election for all the insight she’ll bring.
‘I think Gower can be better’. Terrific. How?
What, specifically, will you do to make it better? Name the policies you will support, oppose, propose. How will you make a difference to people in the area? How will you manage the impact on local people of the services that are provided (by devolved power) by Labour / Plaid from a Conservative seat in Westminster?
Why bother pushing a central government line on health, education, when you will have no impact on delivery of those things? How, exactly, will your doubtless support of ‘get brexit done’ have a positive impact on your constituents.

It’s politics for morons, by morons. We all deserve better. She deserves every criticism that will be thrown at her.
Shocking news from Gower on 12:51 - Nov 4 with 1381 viewsLohengrin

Shocking news from Gower on 12:39 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

It is simply astonishing that there are apologists for this candidate on this thread.

Her comments are abhorrent, at least certain of her friends are abhorrent and almost more than anything else, she is obviously completely stupid. Imagine standing as a candidate and not having these sorts of comments on Facebook wiped beforehand. The Gower Conservatives are seemingly also utter idiots for not vetting candidates in an open process.

What on earth made them select her anyway? I would bet everything that she is a candidate who will have no views other than the ‘official party views’.
May as well put a dummy up for election for all the insight she’ll bring.
‘I think Gower can be better’. Terrific. How?
What, specifically, will you do to make it better? Name the policies you will support, oppose, propose. How will you make a difference to people in the area? How will you manage the impact on local people of the services that are provided (by devolved power) by Labour / Plaid from a Conservative seat in Westminster?
Why bother pushing a central government line on health, education, when you will have no impact on delivery of those things? How, exactly, will your doubtless support of ‘get brexit done’ have a positive impact on your constituents.

It’s politics for morons, by morons. We all deserve better. She deserves every criticism that will be thrown at her.

It’s madness for candidates of any stripe to bugger about on social media because there are always people looking to dig up comments no doubt made in jest and put a spin on them. She’s learning that the hard way as we speak.

It’s all nonsense mind, Lis. A bit like your comments on here about wanting to bash UKIP (I think it was?) candidates over the head with a plank of wood. Granted you’re not standing for election, but still.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Shocking news from Gower on 12:56 - Nov 4 with 1370 viewslondonlisa2001

Shocking news from Gower on 12:51 - Nov 4 by Lohengrin

It’s madness for candidates of any stripe to bugger about on social media because there are always people looking to dig up comments no doubt made in jest and put a spin on them. She’s learning that the hard way as we speak.

It’s all nonsense mind, Lis. A bit like your comments on here about wanting to bash UKIP (I think it was?) candidates over the head with a plank of wood. Granted you’re not standing for election, but still.

Umm, no. I’ve repeatedly said that any and all violence against politicians (and anyone else for that matter) is wrong - including saying milkshaking Farage was wrong.

I did say if someone bashed someone in KKK regalia over the head I’d cheer (despite my dislike of violence in general) as the act of wearing such regalia is an act of horrible aggression.

Let’s not make stuff up.
Shocking news from Gower on 13:03 - Nov 4 with 1355 viewsLohengrin

Shocking news from Gower on 12:56 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

Umm, no. I’ve repeatedly said that any and all violence against politicians (and anyone else for that matter) is wrong - including saying milkshaking Farage was wrong.

I did say if someone bashed someone in KKK regalia over the head I’d cheer (despite my dislike of violence in general) as the act of wearing such regalia is an act of horrible aggression.

Let’s not make stuff up.

Ah! but what if they turned out to be Spanish penitents on their way to Easter Mass?

You and your baton wielding chum wouldn’t be laughing when the Police arrived.

I’d have to bake you a cake with a file in it...

Shocking news from Gower on 13:04 - Nov 4 with 1351 viewsWingstandwood

Brexit candidate experiencing pre-election issues also.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/jill-hughes-claims-to-be-from-siriu

Jill Hughes, who was the party's prospective candidate for Batley and Spen, also believes in "elves/fairies/mermaids/unicorns and all things elemental and otherworldly", and that her horse was reincarnated as another horse.

Argus!

Shocking news from Gower on 13:06 - Nov 4 with 1345 viewsLohengrin

Shocking news from Gower on 13:04 - Nov 4 by Wingstandwood

Brexit candidate experiencing pre-election issues also.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/jill-hughes-claims-to-be-from-siriu

Jill Hughes, who was the party's prospective candidate for Batley and Spen, also believes in "elves/fairies/mermaids/unicorns and all things elemental and otherworldly", and that her horse was reincarnated as another horse.

Are you sure she’s not standing for the Greens? I’m sure most of that is in their manifesto.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024