Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread 22:09 - Dec 29 with 34589 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 09:45 - Jan 2 with 2655 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 07:56 - Jan 2 by SWANSEYE

With no real confidence I am going for a a 3-0 Swansea Win with Borja and Ayew (2) coming up trumps in the first game of 2020.

Lets hope our tepid midfield or at least one element of it turns up tonight. Creativity , energy and a bit of fight.. I would take just one part at the moment !
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 11:23 - Jan 2 with 2535 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 03:29 - Jan 2 by TimTtam

We've had numerous games where a win would get us back in the playoffs, and in recent times we've failed every test. I can't see that changing. Don't get your hopes up.

Have to agree. Had we continued to play as we started the season we would have cemented a top 3 position.
It's been sad to see he demise of some of our more capable players.
Monk mark 2 is only appearing (just) good enough because the Championship standard this season is shocking.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 12:31 - Jan 2 with 2437 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 22:24 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Ha ha.

Ha.

Ho ho.

Ho

shirley
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 13:13 - Jan 2 with 2375 viewsjacksfullaces

red button or not?
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 13:25 - Jan 2 with 2348 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 11:23 - Jan 2 by Badlands

Have to agree. Had we continued to play as we started the season we would have cemented a top 3 position.
It's been sad to see he demise of some of our more capable players.
Monk mark 2 is only appearing (just) good enough because the Championship standard this season is shocking.

I’ll correct that (sadly). If we’d continued to be as lucky as we were at the start of the season...

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 13:37 - Jan 2 with 2333 viewsSwansea93

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 13:13 - Jan 2 by jacksfullaces

red button or not?

It's on Sky Sports Football.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 14:42 - Jan 2 with 2223 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 13:25 - Jan 2 by union_jack

I’ll correct that (sadly). If we’d continued to be as lucky as we were at the start of the season...

Do you not think we were playing well in August?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 14:44 - Jan 2 with 2219 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 14:42 - Jan 2 by Badlands

Do you not think we were playing well in August?

Not that well if I remember. I do think we were lucky (not something we can normally clai,) to get some of the results.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 15:53 - Jan 2 with 2114 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 14:44 - Jan 2 by union_jack

Not that well if I remember. I do think we were lucky (not something we can normally clai,) to get some of the results.

Leeds and Derby were robberies. Preston could have buried us by half time. QPR were on top until the penalty. Birmingham the only convincing one, and they didn't look interested in playing.
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 16:40 - Jan 2 with 2024 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 15:53 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Leeds and Derby were robberies. Preston could have buried us by half time. QPR were on top until the penalty. Birmingham the only convincing one, and they didn't look interested in playing.

Leeds defo Derby no imo, we were slightly better than them.
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 2 with 1963 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 16:40 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

Leeds defo Derby no imo, we were slightly better than them.

They had a penalty and a handful of other great chances. Any other month this season we lose, but everything went our way in August.
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 1853 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

They had a penalty and a handful of other great chances. Any other month this season we lose, but everything went our way in August.

Absolutely correct.

We all want the club to do well, a win tonight would be awesome but the long term, when we have even less quality players and even less money will leave us in a right pickle with the current manager.

Ayew and Borja early season have masked some really turgid football, most fans are perplexed why it's not been possible to continue the green shoots of recovery from last season, that can only fall at Coopers door for me.

As said in a previous thread, win tonight and we go 6th , but even if we won tonight and went 1 st it wont remove the obvious questions as to why our football has gone backwards, the long term thinking is yet again missing and we saw how that went in the premier league.
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:06 - Jan 2 with 1777 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

No they didnt have a handful of great chances, i remember coming away thinking if we had gone for it we could have come away with all 3pts.

Lids didnt have that many chances, they had alot of the ball but didnt create any gilt edged chances but we were very fortunate to come away with the win.
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:09 - Jan 2 with 1765 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:06 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

No they didnt have a handful of great chances, i remember coming away thinking if we had gone for it we could have come away with all 3pts.

Lids didnt have that many chances, they had alot of the ball but didnt create any gilt edged chances but we were very fortunate to come away with the win.

The penalty, Keogh at the back post had a sitter, Woodman made a double save in the second half as well.
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:29 - Jan 2 with 1703 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 12:57 - Dec 30 by Badlands

Cooper's latest excuse for his talent was tiredness of his players.
So here's a thought pick more of he players you are leaving n the bench until it' to late to make a difference.
Woodman, Mulder or Nordfelt in goal
Naughton, Cabango, Hoorn (or a punt on Cooper), John
................... Wilmot
.............Fulton .... Carroll
........Ayew .................. Routledge
.................Borja

Not everyone's choice but with the exception of Ayew none of that team should be 'tired'

Woodman in goal and Celina instead of Fulton moving Carroll back and you might be onto something there

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:39 - Jan 2 with 1669 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:23 - Dec 31 by perplex

Just watched the game again Carroll did not make one tackle and we have now been sticking with his vision and experience for three years lol he`s crap mun.

You big up Byers who’s been consistently sh*t all season hiding away or doing ridiculous lazy flicks which end up with the opposition and slag off Carroll who at least is getting involved with games? Your username is ironically very descriptive

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:44 - Jan 2 with 1655 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:09 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

The penalty, Keogh at the back post had a sitter, Woodman made a double save in the second half as well.

And we didnt have any chances?
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread (n/t) on 18:46 - Jan 2 with 1651 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:53 - Jan 2 with 1548 viewsSTID2017

Borja in the team and Celina in the squad.
Thought some said they wouldn't play again as they were being sold or whatever.
Looks a stronger team on paper with Routledge as well.
Also VDH back.
Cooper ringing the changes for 2020.
3 - 0 Swans
COYS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:56 - Jan 2 with 1520 viewsperplex

Win tonight against a Charlton team ravaged by injuries and have just played on Monday and we will be back in the play off places, and still there is no getting away from the fact were not that good a team,
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 19:00 - Jan 2 with 1492 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:56 - Jan 2 by perplex

Win tonight against a Charlton team ravaged by injuries and have just played on Monday and we will be back in the play off places, and still there is no getting away from the fact were not that good a team,

It is division full of bang average teams.
Even the top two are not that good.
The number of games we should have had something out of this season with our squad says it all.

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 19:01 - Jan 2 with 1483 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 18:53 - Jan 2 by STID2017

Borja in the team and Celina in the squad.
Thought some said they wouldn't play again as they were being sold or whatever.
Looks a stronger team on paper with Routledge as well.
Also VDH back.
Cooper ringing the changes for 2020.
3 - 0 Swans
COYS

Yes matey, thats a decent front line and celina on the bench to come on with 25/30 to go to run at a tiring defence.
The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 19:02 - Jan 2 with 1468 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 19:01 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

Yes matey, thats a decent front line and celina on the bench to come on with 25/30 to go to run at a tiring defence.

Hoping for good news from afar

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 19:07 - Jan 2 with 1407 viewsCooperman

Byers at the base of midfield?
That leaves me feeling a little meh.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 19:11 - Jan 2 with 1376 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City FC v Charlton Athletic FC Match Thread on 19:07 - Jan 2 by Cooperman

Byers at the base of midfield?
That leaves me feeling a little meh.

Maybe they'll bypass him - not that we'd notice !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024